Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Please just allow me a little rant rather than trying to make me feel better.

You saying that you're also unmarried at 30 is not the same as me being unmarried at 30. For a start, you live with your boyfriend. Of 5 years. So please don't try and steal my thunder of saying we're in the same unmarried position - we're clearly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Will I always jump when you say 'boo!' ?

:/ not sure i like the control you still seem to wield over me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have sent you an email to see if you will meet me. I have decided to give you one final chance to change things between us. We were good freinds in the past and I wanted us to stay friends but you decided to do what you did.

The truth is I am willing to meet you for a chat and I want to sort out a few things between us. Their are some things you need to hear about so you can make better decisions from now on.

If you ignore my email I won't try to meet you or contact you again. I am no longer willing to make effort for people who are not willing to do the same for me.

Preserve my sanity please when I encounter 'experts' like you. I'm still reeling from the barrage of questions, which you should have known the answers to, had you done the tiniest bit of prep.
    And get this, nobody, NOBODY, NOBODY asks what goes on in psychotherapy sessions, or tells me what 'I should work on'. I have encountered countless professionals at this stage, and not one of them, even my own G.P. with whom I discuss absolutely anything and everything, would even dream of going there.

Phew, I needed to get that said.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Don't come crying to me when it all goes wrong.

Enjoy your time "off the radar"....

Maybe mine will be off when you decide to get back in touch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Seeing ur photos on holidays with ur girlfriend, 7mnts after telling me ur not looking for a relationship ... Bit of a kick in the u know what... *signs*... ur a good guy and she's a lucky girl, good luck...that's life I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Ugh. So you don't want anything to do with me, which I suppose is fine. It's good to know one way or another. But don't tell me that it was my decision. If you must lie to yourself in order to avoid taking a risk (whatever risk is there) it's up to you. But I'm not going to be gaslighted about this. Take responsibility for your own decisions.

And yes I do - but I do not like or appreciate your tone with me, nor your rather strange assumptions - you don't know me.

You think you know loads about me but you barely scratched the surface. You know very little about me

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Dear me.. why do i treat you like this? I want to be your best friend but sometimes you don't let me.

From me

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

None of you know me. Never will. Banter, chat about football, movies and music. That's all I'm prepared to give. You are not my friends, never will be. Why can't you see this?

• Advertisement

Hello,

I was very happy to hear your voice but within minutes you were back to the same old song. Can you not just have a chat with me instead of ramming home the "ultimatum" "I made my choice" line? That's grand, I get it. It's never going to be any different. You have found yourself where you are and that's your life now. I still miss you but more and more it's with a kind of rose tinted view. Sometimes when my present gets hard then I look to the past and imagine it as a kind of utopian existence.

Dear,

Now and then I kinda wish things were different for us both and who knows what that might bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Dear .....

Dear... ugh- kills me to start it with that. 3 years i wasted on you. after you repeatdly hurt me i still kept forginging you. then the last time u PROMISED this was it- and a month later i got pregnant. You were so happy-I remember you at the scans- laughing as out little girl waved at us- posting scan pic on fb- a proud daddy to be...

But the whole time u were cheating...

You waited until our little girl was 8 weeks old and in hospital to walk out the door and abandon her. And to make matters worse you moved in across the road with the woman you had been seeing. You walk past our daughter every day and you ignore the both of us... yet you play daddy to her son.

:mad::mad::mad:

You make me sick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Do you know something, ye are all fecking eejits!!

Yes, his father died suddenly but do you know something, he's grieving in his own way! He's doing a lot better than we're all expecting him to but I just absolutely hate the way that a few of his "close" friends are expecting him to blow up and lash out at everyone. I am sick of certain people asking me "how he's doing?" expecting me to tell them the grisly details of how he wrecked the gaff one night and smashed up the TV. (obviously didn't!)

Yes, I do realise he had a temper when he was 17,18 and 19 but do you know something, he was an immature bollocks back then that was drinking too much and flew off the handle on more than one occasion. And as I say a lot of alcohol and testosterone don't mix very well. I realise you guys have known him since then but would ye ever consider that maybe..just ****ing maybe the man has grown up? And matured? He's no longer the wild loose cannon ye once knew?

I only know him six years but I know him more ways then ye do. I have being living with him for those six years, I have seen his temper but I have also seen him calm down, not get so agitated about the small things. I have seen him grow up from the troubled 20 something year old into the man today.

He's being through a lot of grief. He's lost his dad, his hero, his best friend. He needs his friends. So to a certain number of you, cop the **** on to yerselves and expecting the worst. Be there for him. He's not a ****ing bomb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

So many years later, and I still miss him. All the hims, and the hers. I miss them everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Stop taking your moods out on me, I don't deserve it.

Fcuk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Christ on a bicycle...

You got in trouble at work, youre stressed in work, youve been running around the place all day, you cried at work, youre heartbroken, your emotions are all over the place (all you wanted to do was talk/some comfort from him), youre generally stressed, you feel under appreciated, youre trying to organise building a house on your own. This evening, your going out with a friend. And you feel you dont have strength, but you do.

You always have the strength.

The trouble at work will pass. Your heart will heal. You'll comfort yourself. Youll get your energy back. You appreciate yourself. And you will build that house.

Love of love and cuddles to you (i.e., me)

I only cry about you at night! When I know no one will find out

I manage to hold it together in front of everyone including my counsellor.

You treat me horribly 60% of the time yet I still love every inch of you! You don't deserve my love! I don't deserve to be treated meanly.

I wish we could both be honest with each other and give it a real proper go for once, where we are both on the same page and not playing each other for fools

Dear Me
    I'm going to say well done for taking the steps you need to get back to full health. I'm not going to give out anymore about the whys and wherefores. You are doing the right things. Today is a really good day. Now keep that up.
    Signed Me.

Dear People and Things I must face today this week - you hold the power to break my will. Please be gentle and fair, I beg of you.

Dear Week - please go by fast!

• Advertisement

And now we'll just act like you didn't tell me you love me and I didn't say I love you too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

<rant>
    Dear Parcel Motel,

I was pleased to receive notification that my parcel was ready for collection this morning. It implies that it is safe and secure in the local locker, waiting for my code to release it. I was shocked to then find out that it was in fact not in the locker, but was instead delivered to someone, at a random address. Congratulations! You've given my parcel, and my personal details, to a complete stranger, and all you can tell me is that it was delivered, and the driver must have made a mistake!

Dear Complete Stranger,

I have a couple of questions for you:
    Do you regularly accept parcels in without so much as a glance at the label (I also blame the driver for this)?
    Do you really want my sports bra and compression top?
    Hows about you call them, tell them that the parcel is not yours, and let them collect it before I tear them a new one for sheer incompetence?

And breathe...
    </rant>

Dear God? Watch over my friend tonite, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

A,

I can't stop thinking about you, and I know it's highly unlikely you feel the same way. Even if you did I don't think I'd be good enough. So I'll quietly watch and wish. This too shall pass.

J x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Insomnia - I just want to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear You,

I guess I thought I would see you again, always clung on to that tiny shred of hope that would text me or want to meet up when you were home again.

I think about you all the time, the process of moving on is way harder than i expected.

I guess you meant more to me than I ever did to you and that's ok, you cannot control the these things.

x

wendydoll wrote: »
    And now we'll just act like you didn't tell me you love me and I didn't say I love you too.

You are nothing but a coward. Don't tell me you love me and then a few days later tell me its true but we should just stay friends.

Yes you might realise in 1-2 years time that you are making a massive mistake and should have picked me, but I'm not going to wait around in the background hoping that might be the case.

Man up J ! You complete and utter coward!

I've dreamt about you twice this past week. In one of the dreams, I was in a hotel room and you walked in as if you were meant to be there. I asked you what you were doing there and you replied saying 'huh? I'm meant to be here' and went to kiss me, and I almost did, but then I got up and told you I could never go back to all of that, or to you. And I remember feeling so sad because I wish none of it ever happened. All of it hurt me so fcking much and there's no going back from any of that.

And then I woke up, and it felt so fcking real. And I felt that feeling I've felt so many times, every time that we almost were something but weren't.

I don't know why you're back in my mind when I'd already forced myself to forget you. After everything, I know there can never be anything, but it took all that I had not to text you and tell you about it. You've been cruel to me more than you've been kind, and I'm being cruel to myself by even thinking about all of the horrible ways you made me feel over the years. I know that. Objectively, I know that. But here I am, and there you are.

And time hasn't healed us at all.

Dear Meg

I don't know why you kept saying you don't need me or want me. Every time you said it, it cut deep to my core, cos you were my everything. Maybe you wanted to hurt me as I hurt you so badly before. After being your rock to talk with and lean on for so long, I felt I couldn't share any of my worries with you as I felt that it would be selfish of me to put myself first. Felt scared to talk. That was what led me to start drifting away.

It was a wonderful first 2 years up until I hurt you... I felt that it was a harmless thing at the time, choosing my friends at a time when you were busy, but I guess I was very wrong. I would give anything to take that moment back, but I can't. And it seemed you could never let it go, but I don't blame you for choosing not to. It did lead to your ill feelings towards me though, the cause of our fighting as you would keep throwing my mistake back at me. I felt horrible for what I did. I felt like I would have to tip toe around so we wouldn't argue. So you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up again. I was scared to rock the boat because I know you have a vicious tongue.

The last year, up until 3 weeks ago, we argued a lot. I was selfish and bitched, you were selfish and did the same. It felt like it was coming to an end. I couldn't take it anymore. You put yourself and your feelings first ahead of me, which is fine I suppose, but there is a limit. When you say "I never wanted you in my life, I don't need you", you basically ended my emotional connection to you. Whether it was said in anger or whatever, theres no call for that. Especially when we've been together for 3 years.

3 weeks ago was the breaking point. I had just gotten back to work after 3 months of being off and at your every beckon call every day for those 3 months. I was tired, I was exhausted. But you couldn't give me 2 minutes to relax before laying all your problems on me the moment I get home. I know you needed to vent or whatever, but you couldn't be there for me or show support. You never showed that tbh. I was insecure, but you didn't care. Whenever I was hurt, it was always my fault. You only cared about me boosting your self esteem, helping you feel better about yourself.

Anyway,

You were a great friend, and I hope that me being away from you brings you happiness. What we had turned pretty toxic, and I think its for the best I go away. Hopefully you can forget me and all of the pain I had caused you over the years... hopefully you can go on to better things. It hurts me to do this, it sucks big time. I looked over all your photos, all the nice things you said to me in the beginning, all the horrible things in the end... its for the best we don't speak again.

I wish you only the best - happiness and love. You were all I ever wanted in life... I hope you find someone that is who you want in your life. It wasn't me... I don't think I ever was.

• Advertisement

I have so say this now. I never though you could ever turn out to be such a misserable human being. You really don't care about anyone but yourself. I made excuses for you in the past when you were treating me badly. What would have happend if you got pregnant a few years ago?
    Would you have treated me the same as you have been treating A over the past 18 months?

You turned me down in the past and it was the most stupid thing you ever did. I watched and heard about how your life has been going down hill since then. But do you know what I had such a lucky escape not getting properly involved with you. It is one thing being nasty and ignoring me but leaving the mother of you child with no money is the lowest form of life.

Meanwhile have money for a fancy car, nights out with your girlfriend and a nice lifestyle.
    I just want to tell you that it is only a matter of time before your past catches up with you.
    The truth is you will have no one but yourself to blame then.

Advertisement