Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

B-I was happy being friends, twice you wanted more and twice you dumped me, now we can't be anything ever again and you don't seem to care, somehow I'm heartbroken and you're the one ignoring me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Due to a few promises you made to me in the past I made a few big life changes. Because of this I am now in a situation that can't continue.

A few weeks ago I asked you again about one of the promises you made to me. I knew you did not want to talk about this then as your body language gave it all away. Since then I got another lot of excuses.

I don't want, need or deserve to be spoken to the way you did to me today. Do you think I am stupid? I have figured out what is going on now with you. Have you not realised that if you helped me out in the past I could be in a position to do what you want now.
    The truth is I know more about a few things that you realise and I am not afraid to use this.
    I won't let you speak to me or continue to treat me the way you have been for much longer.

If you continue on the same path you are now on long term your only making your own life more difficult. I won't be around and I can't see x helping you out either once they become aware of a few things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

B00! wrote: »
    Dear tonite and tomorrow, I am not really up for this... please be easier than I am expecting.
    One out two ain't bad... Thank you weekend. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

J, I was initially surprised at your decision. It still upsets me a little that the decision was kind of forced upon you. But I can understand your reasonings behind it and I can see that you are now happy since you made your decision. I do know it's for the best. I just don't like how it came about.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

E- nearly 3 weeks since your last "sorry I thought I texted you back" message. There's more to life than going to work.

• Advertisement

You can't imagine what my life is now. It's so very different...and yet the same in some ways. There's a thread somewhere around here - "Do you ever think about your ex." I honestly could say "Nope!" and mean it, without cringing or feeling emotion... I don't think of you, your name doesn't affect me anymore. I don't know where the devotion and desire went, but I am better off without it. So, tell me love, why did I conjure you up tonite? Why did I intentionally take myself back down that painful path?

Every word brings you back... If I could invent a time machine... I miss that crazy grin.

You're still the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh you give me butterflies when you smile at me like that! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I wish the English language had a word like "miss" but less strong or less intimate. Y'know, for the people who were never a big part of your life but who you got on well with within the confines of the situation you knew them in. A colleague from a temporary job, a classmate from university, a team-mate in a sports club you attended for a while etc. Basically the people you don't talk to anymore beyond a Facebook like here or there, not out of malice, but because the circumstances you met them in came to a natural end.

I don't want to say "I miss you", E and J, because that would be weirdly intense when we only hung out for a semester. Two classes a week and a handful of nights out over the course of the term. It was never going to be a close friendship or anything. It's just that something I read yesterday reminded me of our chats and silly jokes and brought on a wave of nostalgia for that time. It'd be nice if the universe somehow aligned so that we met again, but it's pretty unlikely! I hope you're both doing well :)

Just leave me alone. Do whatever suits yourself. I'll hold the fort, like I always do, no choice really. At least one of us has to be an adult.

What's the point in even bringing this up with you anymore, things will change for like a week and then back to normal service again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

SAC

Drinking does not suit u. I don't like u when u get on that state. There's no good.

Im a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Dear Man With Demolition Hammer,

You have a job to do. I understand that. But, starting with the hammer early, with its noise and vibrations that I can feel 3 houses away, shaking me from sleep, is not pleasant.

How about this? Next time you start with the hammer too early I will find you, wherever you are, and I will shove that hammer up your ar$e. I may even switch it on too, depending on how early.

To the rest of ye (no not ye on Boards!)
    Time for ye to step up to the plate! What happened or didn't happen last weekend just goes to show, all the donkey work is being left to the same few people while the rest of ye swan in and out when it suits ye. I just know when the time comes, if the sh1t hasn't hit the fan before that moment, it will then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

I know there wasn't an initial spark but it was only the second date. It takes me a while to ignite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭jellybear

I can't stop thinking about it all and it just keeps flashing before my eyes. It's like a nightmare that I can't escape :(

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

You sat in this seat, crying with self pity, and said 'don't hate me'

I hate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Everyone thinks you are a lovely person. If they only saw the nasty arrogant you at home. If they only heard the nasty things you say about people you pretend to be nice to. You are so two faced.

What the actual f*ck are we doing to each other?!

Should we just give it a proper go once and for all and see what might happen? Are you frightened it might actually work out and you get proven wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

I can't do this anymore, I don't want to.

I'm not weak for wanting to walk away, sometimes it takes strength of character to know when to walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear Dr,

thank you so much for listening to me and changing my medication, after being in pain with my migraines for so long, it's a relief beyond words to live a normal life without pain :) the novelty still hasn't worn off :D

kind regards,
    atc

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Smiley283

Dear Mr Painter,

I trusted that you understood the directions I gave you on how to paint the bedroom were clear and understood.

So when I asked you to freshen up the window frames that were already painted white I believed that you would do so and NOT ACTUALLY paint everything wooden in the room that you were not supposed to paint. (Cills, skirting boards, door etc)

I will admit it took a lot for me to surpress my anger when you told me that the paint cannot be removed and i would have to either leave it or replace the door, cills and skirting boards.

I want to thank you for laugh I got when on further inspection I saw that you didn't actually paint the window frames in the end up.

Ps. Does anyone know if I will actually have to replace all the wood in the bedroom :-/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Smiley283 wrote: »
    Ps. Does anyone know if I will actually have to replace all the wood in the bedroom :-/
    I wouldn't think so S. I've stripped wood of paint before. You can use either a heat gun, or chemical paint stripper to do it, followed by a light sanding, then after all is dry and clean follow up with a clear varnish. Or at least that's how I did it FWIW.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Dear Insomnia, enough already.

I answered a question earlier. It reminded me of you not that I ever could forget.

Are you happy? I never knew it was possible to wish another person to be both happy and sad at the same time. It's like this. I want you to have sleepless nights and toss and turn and feel guilt and shame. If someone asks about me then I want a little dagger of pain and regret to pierce your heart. I want you to cry as much as I do. Every single day I want you to wake and ask yourself questions.

But I also want you to be just as you were. Filling the bath at night and spending an age making yourself look lovely. Sitting by the fire with your books and wine. Settled in your own little world. Running to the shop before it closes so you can get chocolate and then feel bad after eating the whole damn thing. Is your hair long or short? Do you still use that nice smelly shampoo that used to fill my nose when I kissed you goodnight.

I miss you and I hate you. Everything that was good and warm and complete disappeared as quick as it arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

L,

Happy birthday.

I wish you hadn't blocked me from your life like this. All over a sisterly row, like any other row we've had in the last 29 years. I said some things, you said some things. I was mean and hit you where it hurts; you retaliated. I thought we'd be laughing about it by now.

I don't know what to do. How do I reach you? I hope you read that card and really think about what it says. I'm not this evil devil sister you seem to think I am: I just couldn't hold my tongue over your behaviour anymore. I couldn't watch you take advantage of home, of our incredible parents; watching you taking and taking and taking and coming and going as you please, moping around the house like your frustration at life should be everyone else's problem. They are old and getting older: they deserve more than this. That was all I was trying to convey.

I'm sorry for the things that I said that were unwarranted. My buttons were pushed and I didn't back down when I should have. I have my faults just as you do. But I am your sister and without each other's support and friendship, the world is a colder place. You need me as much as I need you, even though you can't see it now. Your actions are causing pain beyond what you can see - mum and dad are a mess. They don't know how to reach you either. You seem to be projecting all of your sadness over this new life that you have, all over me when I am just doing my best, albeit sometimes in a misguided way.

Deep down we are all worried about you. We are all thinking about what happened to that poor girl across the road and thinking of the worst. What would we do without you? I want to help you and I want to be there for you, but there's some groundwork you also need to do and right now I can't reach beyond this wall of hostility and silence that you've erected around yourself.

Happy birthday. I know it's not a happy one. I know you are feeling inadequate and old today (you're still a baby!) You're comparing yourself to your friend's lives, the ones who are settled and engaged and buying houses etc, but that haven't done half the travelling or half the living that you have. With your two prestigious degrees under your belt. WAKE UP. You have it all at your finger tips. I wish I could shake you and wake you up to the world. Show you how much you actually have, when so many others have so little.

I hope you find a little pocket of joy and happiness in this day. And I hope you come back to me.

Your big sis xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

You told me that they said I did something and I told you I didn't. You said I did. I told you I didn't. You said I did. I told you I didn't. You said I did. I told you I didn't. You said I did. I told you I didn't.
    I thought you knew me well enough to know that I am never ever adamant like that unless I know I am right. I am not somebody who is afraid to be wrong, it doesn't bother me to be wrong, that's how we learn. Even though I insisted I did not do what they said I did, you kept telling me I did and you didn't believe me :( If you don't believe me, where does that leave things?
    And what did you base your belief on? Something a bunch of known and proven liars told you about me.
    They have lied to you about yourself ffs!!
    They have lied to you for your whole life and yet, I have never lied to you but you still believe them over me.
    I just showed you proof that they were lying and that I was telling the truth and you still don't believe me. What is up with that?

A- I feel much better giving you a piece of my mind. I've bitten my tongue to 2 years and it was time you heard the truth. You treated me like crap and expect me to have the chats and the lols with you when the girl you left me for isn't around.

Take care now! Bye-Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

A,

You have to do this, for real and for long term this time. No more false dawns. No more initial success followed by failure and disappointment. You have so much going for you- others would give anything to be in the position you're in, to have had the chances you've had. In fairness to you, you've taken all those chances and run with them, made the best of them and shown a grit and determination that's second to none. Except on this one issue. What hold it has over you, I just don't know. But it's holding you back. You, who should be so confident and secure and happy, are actually a wreck inside, not a shred of confidence and hating yourself all the time, feeling judged and worthless.

Go do it this time. Not for anybody else other than you. You deserve this. And it's not too late.

You existed in a different time. Life was easier for me then because I had those I loved the most with me. Who did you have? The drink? Was your family a support to you or did you lose your way for other reasons?

Sunday night I found out you had passed away. It had been so long since we talked. I remember the first time we met. You were strange and interesting. Samuel Beckett was your God. In fact all of the books were your God. I still have the one I borrowed from you. Keep it now forever.

The last time we spoke I told you that everything would be ok, stay with me and I would feed you and mind you. It wasn't enough. The drink was a strong and compelling mistress for you. I have no clue what happened. Were you sick or did you decide this life was too much for you?

Wherever you are I hope you are at peace. An old copy of some obscure book in your hand, old blue hoody covering you, crazy music, rolleyes ready to go. Sleep well old friend x

1414939181-tumblr_m7dexgiAYn1rb3t22o1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I thought that there would be more time before I wrote this. But what was said to be 4 months on Friday turned into 4 days.

There simply are not enough words. When questioned I will tell people that my friend died, but saying you're a friend doesn't sum up the person you are, were, to me. I don't need to tell you what you mean to me, or how proud I am of you for how you fought this battle.

Looking back I laugh at how we used to have to write letters with pen and paper to communicate because the internet hadn't been invented. How I looked forward to your letters. You became very important to me very quickly, and that never changed. Words cannot adequately describe how much you mean to me and how much I value all of the time we spent together.

Sometimes I smile at some of the drunken nights, but ultimately the best times we spent were together were the ones with the toasted cheese sambos and cups of tea on the balcony.

There is a massive you shaped hole in my life which will never be filled. You drove me crazy sometimes (and me you), but ultimately you were my person and I am honoured to have had you call me a friend.

Hopefully I will do you justice on Monday. Even if you are making wear ridiculous clothes :)

I'll miss you, chick. Sleep well.

Advertisement