Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Dear Me
    you are pathetic. No wonder he has no respect for you. i have no respect for you. Take control and stop being a doormat, NOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Dear husband,

I love you no end but did you have to go and call me that this morning? I know you thought it was the most hilarious thing ever, mostly because you for some reason think Al Bundy is not only funny but also a role model, but it wasn't. It was hurtful, and I'm still upset hours later.
    And I know that you don't get that at all and think I'm just sulking because hormones or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I turned 30 yesterday and my mother didn't even remember my birthday.
    She pushed me out of her body 30 years ago and she didn't even remember.
    She's an absolute crazy cunt anyway but here was me thinking she'd at least remember my birthday.
    The last time I got a birthday card, I was 8.
    Fuck anyone who thinks you have to get along with family and fuck anyone who thinks children should look after their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

erica74 wrote:
    I turned 30 yesterday and my mother didn't even remember my birthday. She pushed me out of her body 30 years ago and she didn't even remember. She's an absolute crazy **** anyway but here was me thinking she'd at least remember my birthday. The last time I got a birthday card, I was 8. **** anyone who thinks you have to get along with family and **** anyone who thinks children should look after their parents.

Happy Birthday pet. Family can be the cruelest. Sending lots of love xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

erica74 wrote: »
    I turned 30 yesterday and my mother didn't even remember my birthday.
    She pushed me out of her body 30 years ago and she didn't even remember.
    She's an absolute crazy cunt anyway but here was me thinking she'd at least remember my birthday.
    The last time I got a birthday card, I was 8.
    Fuck anyone who thinks you have to get along with family and fuck anyone who thinks children should look after their parents.

Happy birthday. X X X You are so lucky you are only 30.:D If she is like this forget the hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

Dear Dad you never provided stability in my life. I am sick of you anger and bitterness. I say it hear because i never say it to your face. We have no relationship that is your fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Erica74 happy birthday x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

Dear Dad you never provided stability in my life. I am sick of you anger and bitterness. I say it hear because i never say it to your face. We have no relationship that is your fault.
    And despite all of this. I still love you ..and I always will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

And despite all of this. I still love you ..and I always will.

Wow, that's quite impressive.
    I haven't spoken to mine in near enough 30 years now, and if I never see him again it will still be too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Shenshen wrote: »
    Wow, that's quite impressive.
    I haven't spoken to mine in near enough 30 years now, and if I never see him again it will still be too soon.
    i talk with mine almost every day.. and i do love him - in a way.. but i will never forgive him certain things.. like not being there for me when i need him the most...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Dear legs,

I love how you look and feel when you're hairless, but DESPISE shaving you. Why is there so much of you anyway?

If you could just go and become hairless automatically, without my intervention, that would be great.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Dear Aldi,
    Thank you for making me feel like an inadequate parent.
    Do you really think I was going to buy alcohol for my child?
    I was mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

B,

You're one of my best friends but you know something, you can be so disrespectful. Do you ever stop to think about what you're going to say? How someone could react to that. I know you meant to no real harm but tbh it just showed me how much of a nasty asshat you can be by times. And of all people you think you can disrespect to me, my sister and her friend. Yes, they were bugging me a bit and yes they were hanging out of me all day but don't you dare think for a second that "you had to babysit them!"..did I ****ing ask you to? Did you feel like you were obligated to? No. So don't take upon yourself to do it and then get annoyed because they were annoying you. We were all hungover, my sister and her friend (who has Asperger's btw) are in a strange place, with loads of strange people and just wanted to stay close. They didn't need minding at all, especially by someone like you, they just wanted to hang out with me, someone they won't get to see for another six months. I am sorry they might have encroached on "Our fun" but our fun was to sit in a festival field and get drunk, no real plan like.

I am actually disgusted with your behaviour. I didn't know you made invites to send out to everyone, oh wait you didn't. So how about shut the **** up. And watch what you say in future..

S

Il be disappointed if your pulling out now! Maybe you shouldn't have said all you did!

Ahh-gahhh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I miss you being my best friend. But I suppose we were never really best friends at all, and I don't know if we are even friends at all now. It just feels fake. I hope you've not treated other friends the way you have me, otherwise you're going to be a tad lonely if/when you return...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

S

You dreamy, sexy, kind, hunk of a man. Thanks for the permanent smile I have on my face all weekend, with you. Im gonna miss you. Feel very lucky to have met you, let alone for you to like me!

Enjoy life, hope we meet again x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Dear junkie on the train this evening,

Oh honey, the water bottle you were carrying wasn't fooling anyone, for two reasons:
    1) The bottle's clear...
    2) The bubbly, frothy beer in the bottle isn't.

Nice try though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Dear daughter please sleep all night. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

I had an inkling you'd let me down on the most important day of my life but I foolishly pushed that to the back of my head and heart because we've been friends for so long. The past few years, you've put booze above everything else, even above yourself and your well being. I guess I needed that reality jolt on the day to finally make me see sense.

No, I can't be there for you for this latest drama, maybe when you're sober and I can see my old friend again, but not at 3am and not on an all day binge. I still love you but being your friend hurts. I'll be here when you put the bottle down and need to talk, but I'll never forget just how much you let me down. Please, please stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

To my partner's brother who I don't speak to due to abuse and bullying and who has just sent me an email requesting me to add him on Linkedin on his 'professional network'.
    You don't HAVE a profession, unless it's professional sponger. Go f**k yourself!

Dear Mammy.

I miss you. There is an elderly woman on the train across from me. She was brushing her hair. Suddenly and out of the blue I felt a huge ache inside. She reminded me of how you used to brush your hair, even when there was less and less of you left.

This is a lonely old place I've found myself in. I hope you don't feel lonely. I hope you are in your own world. If I had a euro for the amount of times I said that in response to "how is your mam"? "Content in her own world".

That's what I have to believe. Not that you are scared or sad or lonely. Instead you are a young woman living with your mam and dad. You go to dances and wear dresses that your exotic relative sends you from America.

I love you mammy x

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

You've broken my heart again. I've lost count how many times you've done it at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭jellybear

You really are horrible people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

So it was father's day yesterday. It could have been any other day of the year.
    Kind thoughts about you didn't pass through my mind. I didn't think about sending you a card or a message. I didn't have pangs of guilt upon reading social media posts from people who were missing their deceased fathers on father's day.
    Instead I thought of dinner plates smashed against walls. I thought of panes of glass smashed in doors. I thought of furniture broken and appliances pulled out of walls. I thought of screaming and shouting and cursing and roaring. I thought of feeling thumps and hearing thumps. I thought of being walloped with wavin pipe - I know that wasn't your weapon of choice but when my mother was hitting me with it for NO REASON, maybe you could have said something? Maybe you could have stopped her?
    You know, my head was so fucked up as a child that I used to think I could hear screaming and shouting when there was none. What does that say about me that I was imagining screaming and shouting? Shouldn't I have been imagining things that children imagine?

So when you're all alone in your old age and feeling sorry for yourself, remember that you robbed me of my childhood. You and my mother and my brother robbed me of my childhood. I can never get those years back, ever.
    I could never have a conversation with you about all of this but even if I did, no amount of talking about it will do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,944 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You don't like it because the quiet little mouse , who never had the courage to stand up to you is finally trying to make her own way and not let you browbeat her anymore . It's not easy , but all the years of psychological mind games, have finally come to a head , and enough is enough . Slowly but surely , the strength will return , one day peace of mind will finally return , hopefully soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

i really love you man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

Tonight at dinner when we went around the table to say 'three good things that happened today', you told our sons that I had been Wonder Woman today, going into battle on behalf of my son, that I had won and you felt very proud of me. I felt surprised and then chuffed.
    Now I am trying on the idea of being Wonder Woman more often. Thank you.

I'm in the place we used to go to. It's my first time here without you. I remember the last time was about three years ago. Oh God I miss you. I want to stroll up the road now and sit beside you and talk rubbish. But you're not there anymore.
    I miss having someone who looks after me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Loon E. Tick

Why do you spend your life at all of that? I already know the answers and I know what you get up to even way more than you realise. The truth is there's no need for all of that because you could conquer the world without any of that. There's simply no need.

Advertisement