Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My little girl,
    You are the bravest person I know.....I am so proud of you but am so heartbroken for you too xx

Dear Ex,
    How could you treat her that way?? ...she is only 12 years old and looks up to you so much. Putting her way down you list of priorities constantly has been your downfall as now she doesn't want to spend time with you anymore. I did warn you that this day would come and you didn't believe me.....She has decided that she deserves better and she is right!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm about to blow a fuse. :( :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Please God let Friday night go ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

I wonder if some part of you isn't roaming the streets you walked in life. The paths you were so familiar with, you could recall every crack in the road. I wonder if I will find a home in the house you lived in? Does your presence still return there sometimes? Do generations before me linger at that familial hearth, longing for a time past? Am I asking too much of walls and a roof, longing for what I've missed, some sense of connection? I wish I knew you, ancestors of mine. I wish I shared a lifetime with you inside those walls and walking those paths, as so many before me did... together.

If I go back, I wonder... will the trees remember the kid in me, from so long ago? Do they remember me climbing their branches and looking up at them, under the stars? Do they recall the grandparents who planted and nurtured them, so many years ago?

Do walls and floors have memories, witnesses that hold onto whatever life was lived inside... or is the past nowhere to be found in the present? Is it all dust for dust, as the winds of change sweeps away every speck of yesterday to make room only for today?

Guess what I want to know is, will I feel just as alone, rootless and motherless there (or even moreso) as I have here, or will you all be there in silent comfort and warmth, welcoming the nomad daughter home ...at last?

Hello old friend. There are few of you left. I'm feeling nostalgic as I often do. It's not good to spend so much time in the past but the future frightens me and the present can be too much.

Do you remember? I do. Each year it's further behind us but I still hold that time as the best of my life. It was everything. You had your hopes and plans for the future and I know none of them happened but I think you are somewhat content and for that I'm happy. The babies are growing older. So are we.

Every time I'm in this place I think of you and how it was back then. I miss it. I miss feeling like the whole world was ahead of me, an adventure. Is it too late? I feel so alone at times. Like there is all of the people and then there is me. This isn't a feeling unique to me. Others experience it too. I think you understand it.

See you soon doll. Love you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

I feel so sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I'm sorry about your loss.

Dear new week, please don't be as stressful as I envision you to be. I am tired from the struggle before it even begins. I don't wish to find out what it is I seem to be dreading... Will I be different by weeks end? Will my perspective change that drastically? I pray not.

May everyone's week be a little more gentle, more kind than last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Dear Ex Husband,

I slept with your brother before he died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Stop wasting my time! I try to be nice and give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are making things more difficult than they need to be for me. Either you're clueless or you really don't give a monkeys.

• Advertisement

Please God let me get this interview tomorrow

Please God let me get this interview tomorrow

Are you for real or are you really that out of touch with reality and practicality? The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Dear me

You were raped when you were 20. It was rape. I know it has taken a lot to finally realise the truth of it. I don't know if there will ever be a time when you realise the size of this.
    I know it was so hard to tell people but doesn't your box of secrets feel lighter now? The truth makes more sense now that the words are out in the world.

It was a terrible act. It was an awful thing. It felt disgusting and it still does. I know it creeps into your mind at the strangest of times, oh look dinner is nearly cooked.. and there is his face, oh I better do some washing.. and there is his hands.

I know you were afraid to say it out loud because you thought it would mean you'd never stop thinking or talking about it but, it's not much worse, sure it's not?

I wish I could go back and wake you up. I wish I could go back and open the door. I wish I could go back and pull you back down the stairs, I'd throw you down the stairs if it got you away from him. I wish you had asked someone else for help.

I know the question that you keep coming back to is - did he rape anyone else?
    Well, asking that question and knowing the answer won't achieve anything. I'm sorry.

M

She asks me to make a decision.
    Whatever is best for you, I say.

She asks me what I want.
    What do you mean, I say to her.
    I should know, why don't I know? I say to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Why have come back into my life now just when I was getting over you, you have me all mixed up in my head. My heart is telling me one thing but my head knows the truth

Me again,

How is your weekend? Will you go out for a few drinks tonight? Tell your mam and dad I said hello. I miss you. Do you go home much these days? All the times I convinced you to wait an extra day and hang out with me instead :)

I miss you so much that sometimes the feeling gets all mixed up with how I miss my mam and the others. It's as if you all have become one big ball of empty inside of me. Nothing fills it. At times the past consumes me you know? Like now when I'm sitting on this train listening to songs from a million years ago and having a cry.

If you were to just send me a text or something. You are minding yourself I hope. It's cold out there and you were always a divil for heading out in nothing but a tshirt or hoodie.
    Anyways. Chat soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Move on with your life. For your own sake, move on. Stop being so wrapped up in me and my life and 'making me pay'. You have a poisonous attitude. Move on with your life.

Take a walk in nature
    Visit a library
    Read a book
    Take up a hobby - music, singing, dancing, art, painting, crafts, whatever
    Go to mass and listen to a choir
    Do some baking

Do whatever it is that you think you might like and enjoy and move on with your life or you'll be standing up in front of a judge yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Adviceme

Dear mam:

I miss you and wish I could hold your hand and kiss your cheek one more time. I miss our coffees and chats. I wasn't ready for you to go.

Dear dad:

I understand now the compulsion and nature of alcoholism. I forgive you. I'm sorry you were so depressed in those last months. I'm sorry that I didn't give you that hug that you needed.

Dear ex:

Thank you for showing me what love is. Thank you for being there at my worst and supporting me. You're a beautiful person. I think the world of you. I only want you to be happy.

Dear friend:

I hope you're doing well. I'm sorry I can't be a part of your life any more but I think about you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Adviceme

Dear mam:

I miss you and wish I could hold your hand and kiss your cheek one more time. I miss our coffees and chats. I wasn't ready for you to go.

Dear dad:

I understand now the compulsion and nature of alcoholism. I forgive you. I'm sorry you were so depressed in those last months. I'm sorry that I didn't give you that hug that you needed.

Dear ex:

Thank you for showing me what love is. Thank you for being there at my worst and supporting me. You're a beautiful person. I think the world of you. I only want you to be happy.

Dear friend:

I hope you're doing well. I'm sorry I can't be a part of your life any more but I think about you so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Dear Sis

I love our relationship now. I know I needed to be your Mam and I was happy to be, but these days you're all grown up - and it's starting to feel like I'm your big sister. The dynamic has changed. And it's nice. It's nice to have a sister. It makes me smile when we share a look that says "I know what you're thinking" when our dark sense of humour aligns. Or when we pass a hot guy in the street and our heads turn at the same time (that was too funny :D). I'm so incredibly proud of the woman you've become. And I love you to pieces.

Dear Bro

I cannot believe how much you've accomplished already, and you've done it all on your own. You were always like me. Fiercely independent, stubborn, and determined to pave your own way. And now, you're a man. You have a beautiful girlfriend who clearly loves you to death and I'm so happy that you found her. I'm so happy that you've found happiness. You make me prouder every single day, just by being you. And I'm so honoured to be your big sister.

Dear Parents

You did your best, but you didn't break us. Look at us now.

And look at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Dear alarm clock,

If you could, like, not wake me up during incredible dreams, that would be amazing.

Dear dream,

Hopefully you come back tonight!

Control your bloody dogs!! Why should mine be continuously attacked when I have him under control. Fed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You are an absolute disgrace. 49 years old and too drunk to attend your own birthday party when the restaurant is booked and family have travelled the length of the country. And then to be gone when we come back, and to the pub! Sort yourself the fuk out.

I really hope I get this job interview tomorrow. I want it so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

ARRGH!!! Do you ever fcucking listen to anything I say?! I'm so sick of answering the same questions about my life time and again because you can't be bothered to even try to remember. Is it because you just don't care? And stop bloody asking me over and over how something I finished a year and a half ago is going.

I miss you goddammit. It doesn't go away. In ways it's easier but it never goes away. My mam loved you. She asked about you through her illness. Do you remember the night we spoke? You were drunk and crying. Crying for me and no doubt for you. I didn't sleep a wink I was so worried about you. Please be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Something today reminded me of you and your little house in the country; the house where you spent most of your time but still somehow knew more of the local gossip than anyone else.

What's weird is that I don't remember being told that you'd died. Me, who remembers practically everything, can't recall that crucial moment. I remember afterwards, crying a little on the tram as I texted people to say I would be away for a few days. I remember the lecturer who wouldn't give me any notes for the class I missed to go to your funeral - to borrow one of your phases, he was a dozy arsehole! - and of course I remember the funeral itself.

What I remember most clearly though, is the last time I saw you. It was your 95th birthday I think, just before Christmas. 95 and sharp as a tack, giving out to the nursing home staff, gently poking the others with your walking stick if they talked too loudly over Coronation St. You asked me about college and life in the city, things you probably couldn't even imagine as you only ever left your home county twice in your 95 years. We said goodbye and take care.

If that's the memory I've kept instead of the one of being told about your passing, that's fine by me. Not many people get to know their great-grandmother like that. I think you'd be proud of me now. (I'm still not married or remotely settled like you predicted though - I know, at my age! You'd be shocked 😂)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

I really wish that you were a stronger man. And that I in turn was stronger than crying in airport toilets because I can't get you out of my heart. You don't belong there. It's a daily battle. God how I wish you had chosen me over this thing. I wish you had the wherewithal, but wishing was a losing game with you. I wish I could wake up five years from now when all of this was a distant memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

You owe us money for over a year now and not once have you attempted to repay it. You took advantage of a friend (on more then one occasion) and didnt pay him back.
    And then you have the cheek to ask people to donate to some crowdfunding thing and then when i click into it - your name is there with the donation of pretty much exactly what you owe us. I'm furious and you will be shortly getting a phonecall asking for that money back. I'm stressing about being able to afford christmas and here you are pi$$ing money away. Well No longer!!!

Advertisement