Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dear boyfriend,

Don't know if there ever will be a way to fully get across to you just how much you mean to me. You met me at a bad time in my life and the fact that you even gave such a mess of a human being a chance still amazes me. And even though I'm much better now, you still don't get annoyed or fed up when I have my odd crazy moment, and that means the world to me. Just to have you listen when I'm not feeling the best cheers me up and calms me down right away. I never had a person I wasn't paying listen to my problems and actually care before. Even just asking me how I am is a big deal to me. And I never felt so comfortable to talk to someone as much as I do to you, cause you don't make me feel bad about it ever.

You're possibly the kindest and most generous person I have ever met, and not just to me but to everyone in your life. I'm proud to be with you. You make me smile and laugh everyday. Even though you are far away I always feel close to you, but miss you like crazy! Just makes what time we have together even better, I never take it for granted and I know you don't either. And I didn't think it was possible for me to become any more soppy and romantic than I already was, but you did it to me! :pac:

We've been together a while now and you've never once made me feel bad about myself, or doubt our relationship in anyway. In fact I think you've had a very good impact on me, especially my self esteem, which you know was very low, but is getting better :)

Think the good people of Boards have vommed enough. I write you this cause I know you stalk my posts >.>

xxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Friend,
    Over the past few years I have gone to things with you even if I did not want to as that is what you do with friends. I have listen to you complain about your job and lack of relationships.
    Recently I have asked you to come out with me to be told no I am to busy, you don't ring me and when you do come out with me you turn up late. You know that --- is pregnant and you have not even sent me a text message to see how she is.

Some thing has come up and it was said why don't you invite --- but I am not inviting you.
    I know that --- will be there and I know you like him.
    He knows you but if he was interested he would have asked you out before now.
    I know --- to say hello to but I would like us to have a relationship. I would be willing to give time and effort to building a relationship with --- where you would expect him to always come behind everything else in your life.

I have had enough of things the way they are between us at the moment. If you don't spend time with friends you can find they will move on. Unless you change soon the next time you ring me I won't drop everything to go to some event or to listen to your problems any longer.
    As the song goes - you don't what you have until it is gone

Dear you,

If you have something to say, just say it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

You,

why was I never good enough for you? You would never go out of your way for me. You'd move the earth for her. You made me feel completely worthless, like everything was my fault. It was yours. I never deserved any of those things you said or did to me. You were lucky to have someone like me. I hope some day you realise that I was the catch, not you. I hope some day that I realise it too. Everyday is a struggle because of you. Some days more than others. Today is a hard day. 3 nights this week I've cried myself to sleep over you, you're the first man I've ever shed a tear over and I don't think you have any concept of how much damage you've done to me. I tried to explain to you that you left me when I needed you the most. Your answer was that you couldn't have been the only one I had to talk to. You weren't, I had lots of friends. But I wanted you. You were my best friend, the one I wanted to cuddle up to at night, the one who made me feel so happy with something as simple as a text message. You've made me into a cynical, untrusting person. I'm nothing like I was before I met you. You completely broke me down and I'm still not back together again. You'll always have a piece of my heart but that piece breaks every day knowing that the only way for me to move on is to pretend like you never existed.

Dear friend,

you did the one thing you promised me you'd never do. You knew how vulnerable I was. I don't even know if you're alive. You've completely disappeared. I miss you.

Dear me,

you need to stop wallowing. Nobody but you is going to snap you out of this. You know you need to move on but you've stopped even trying. I know sometimes it's hard for you even to get out of bed in the morning and at night you can't go to bed until you've almost passed out with exhaustion because you're so terrified of being alone with your thoughts. Only one other person knew how messed up you are. They aren't around any more but you have to get over it. You need to stop relying on other people to fix you and accept that maybe you'll always have that bit of sadness inside you, that little thing that makes you pause after you smile or laugh because after a couple of seconds of relief, you remember that weight that's on your shoulders. You need to stop thinking that everyone hates you and that they only spend time with you out of pity, that you're annoying. I know he made you feel like that, said those exact words, but you shouldn't let it go on any longer. But you have to do it for yourself, not for him and not to spite him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Darina

To my angel,

Its almost 12 years since the day you were taken away. I will never forget that horrible day I cant help but think what if I was there with you that like I was meant to be.. would you still have been knocked down? My whole world shattered that day mammy. I was just becoming a youngwoman and our friendship was blossoming. You were my best friend. Everything at home just fell apart without you. I was thereon my own. It hurt so much. It still does. It is so hard to talk about you with the boys and dad. I have never learned to open up. I suppose that is what will happen to a 15 year old girl who's mother has just been taken away from her when any time she was upset and given a pat on the head and told she would be ok and said person would walk out of room and leave me on my own. WTF. Stop telling me not to cry. Its ok for me to cry. My mother has just been taken away from me.Why didnt anyone help me. I wish someone reached out.Maybe I wouldnt hurt so much now if they had. I still havent learned to open up. I cant now. It is just easier to push all the sadness anger and hurt to the back of my mind and try to forget about it. I envy my friends so much they dont even realise how much it hurts me when they talk to me about doing stuff with their mums. I wish you were. I wish that we could do stuff together. I wish I could hear your voice again. You will always be my best friend.

I know you are with me. Protecting me. My beautiful angel I love you so so much

I know I havent always made the right decisions but I hope that you are proud of me xx

I love you so much and I hope you know just because I dont talk about you or visit your grave doesnt mean I dont think about
    you every day. Please help make this pain go away. I want to think about you and smile. To talk about you and laugh.

I love you mammy love always your baby xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

Darina,
    I cried reading your post, your mam would be very proud of you, xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dear M,

I am sorry about the text I sent you Monday, I was only messing. You know the game we play, I didn't mean anything mean/horrible about it. If you took it up the wrong way I'm sorry.

SD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Hey Mam,

I want to go home, But don't want to be another statistic that couldn't last a year.
    I want my life back.

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Why can't you just see that she is not interested in you?? She never texts you, she never e-mails you, she takes days, sometimes weeks to reply, sometimes she doesn't even bother replying. Why can you not just realise she is not interested and give up and give what you have a proper 100% shot or you'll lose it and then you'll have nothing because she still won't want you then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Dear P,

I promise I'm a big softie underneath it all. Life has taught me to put a guard up for self-preservation but it'll come down eventually if you feel you like me enough to be a patient and give it a bit of time. It's all bubbling under the surface. I promise it'll be worth it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear carers of the world,

You do excellent work. All of you. As a profession it demands unending patience and compassion, and I admire you all so much. I honestly believe most of you don't even get half the appreciation you deserve. To see heartbreaking scenes every day and continue caring for people despite it all is something I have an enormous amount of respect for. I also think it's shameful that in difficult economic times it's often you and the people you care for who suffer most of all.

Sorry, my thoughts are a bit all over the place tonight, but I think my sentiment is clear. You guys rock :D

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I don't know why you look at me the way you do. You don't know me and I'm not what you think I am.

dear daddy..

Even though a few years have passed since you died its only lately i've begun to miss you. I was so mad at you for what you put us through because of your selfishness. You chose alcohol over your family nothing else mattered you were so stubborn (I guess thats where I get it from) You had always threatened suicide on us and I used to say i'll dance on your grave so, thats how much i hated how alcohol had changed you, to this day I cant touch a drop. Then it actually happened? But I still believe it was an accident and you didnt actually mean to do it that you just wanted to scare us? Thats the type of person you were.. After everything I changed im no longer the tough little cookie I used to be, i just cry now if anyone gives out to me or says something to me before id stand my ground but now i've crumbled.. I really miss you, the old you, the one who thought me to drive at 13, the one who would bring me fishing even though i couldn fish the one who tried to teach me history even though i rarely listened, i just wanna say sorry for the things i said in the last year an a half of your life.

I miss you and love you always..
    Your little princess.
    p.s i never actually danced on your grave so you'll be glad to hear that.
    x
    x
    x

I lost my baby three weeks ago to miscarriage.

To my sweet baby. You were going to change everything, you were going to rock my world and my family. You were not planned, or expected, but you are still loved dearly. I changed my goals and life path to fit you in. And now I wish I still had to. I wish I still had to find an apartment with space for your cot, buggy and toys. I wish I still had to pluck up the courage to tell your grandparents that not only did I get myself pregnant but they hadn't yet met the father of the baby. Your grandmother and grandfather would have loved you so much. You would have been so spoiled. I would have been getting annoyed with my parents for trying to interfere. I wish I was still dreading that part. I wish I still had to figure out how to pay for childcare and rent. I wish I was getting stressed over which school to send you to. I wish I could teach you all the things I like. I wish I could sing with you in the car. I wish I could get you a present this Christmas even though you would only have been 2 weeks old. I wish I could be telling everybody now, why I've no plans made for this summer. Everything has fallen through since you've gone. You will always be in my heart. I love you forever. Keep me strong. My eyes are burning right now from all the tears I've cried today. It's all wrong. I should be looking after you. Love Mommy

Dear

Was I not beautiful enough?
    Was I not open enough?
    Did we ever really connect at all?
    Did you mean it when you said you wouldnt hurt me?
    Did you mean it when you said you loved me?

Did you mean it when you said your feelings werent strong enough?

Did I expect too much too soon?
    Should I have told you how I really felt?

I was so scared, I was scared you were going to hurt me and then you did. I could never bare my soul. And every single happening is going round and round and round my head and pulled apart and I still dont know what happened.

Did you meet someone else?

I never saw it coming.

I miss you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

Dear ,

We used to be such good friends. Then you got a bf and now I'm lucky to hear from you once every 2/3 months. I always have to contact you first. I miss the divilment we used to get up to :(

Dear girls,

I hate that you all live so far away. I know we chat a lot online but it's not the same. I didn't appreciate it when we were all living so close. I miss all of you. I wish you knew how much you mean to me.

Dear new friends,

I'm sorry I don't always go to a huge effort to spend time with you all. I'm afraid of seeming needy or being a pest. I'm going to try harder, I promise.

Dear you,

every time I think of you I feel cold and sick to my stomach. I hate that I'm not a big enough person to be able to have you in my life without having constant meltdowns. I'm sorry I wasn't always the happy, carefree person you liked so much. Things happened, for a while I thought I needed serious surgery. You left before I got my results, you didn't even ask about them even though I was supposedly still your best friend.

I'll never forget the terror I felt when you told me it was over. My heart broke that day. My heart also broke when you told me you weren't sure what you felt for me, the same day I lost my virginity to you. I know you didn't mean to hurt me but you did, a lot. You shouted and called me a liar, told me I was annoying and crazy. Then I found out that all I had suspected was true and you had the audacity to blame me. You knew her before you knew me, now you're together. I really wish that I couldn't stop thinking that maybe you were together when we were.

I tried, I really really tried. I would have done anything for you. I was going to transfer colleges to be near you. You've made me doubt myself so much. I question everything I say to everyone. I'm always wondering if I'm in the wrong.

When things were good, I was the happiest I've ever been. But I don't think we had enough good times to stop me wishing that I'd never met you. I wish I hadn't told you that because I think it made me look pathetic, not that sobbing on the phone to you when you lied to me, again, made me look any better.

I hope what I felt for you isn't the most I'll ever feel for another person because that would really really suck!

Dear old me,

come back, please?

Dear Ladies Loungers,

Thanks for letting me rant about this as much as I need. Some of you have been so kind to me. I must sound like a broken record at this stage but none of you have ever told me to just get over it. Thank you for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear you,
    I love you. You know that, its probably why you not loving me back is such a big thing to you. Probably why you decided on this break.
    I hope you get this out of your system, this seeing what else is out there thing. You said we'd last a really long time but you need this - I just hope at the end of the month you still need me.
    The thought of you kissing someone else makes me feel violently ill - but I guess I want you to be happy, and it hurts, but if this is what it takes then so be it.
    Hope to chat to you soon, even if its not when you decide this is a mistake.
    Lots of love,
    L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Dad,

Tough times won't last, tough people will. We'll get through this together, you're a fighter..

Love xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Dear everybody,

I love you!

Forever yours,
    Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Hey stalker,

I told you not to read my boards posts. Two steps behind...

Behave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

Dear Husband

I'm sorry for all the hurt I have caused.

I will make it better I promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Dear Best Friend,

I miss you.

I know you had to go home to SA, your life here was stagnating, and there was so much to gain by going home, but you've left a big gap in my life. I've felt I've been missing a limb since you left. I miss sitting around the kitchen table drinking endless tea and yapping about everything and nothing, I miss getting tiddly drunk and laughing all night. I just want to give you a hug right now and tell you that things will work out.

I'm always there for you. I love you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

There should be a Kleenex alert before reading this thread, I'm in floods here.

Some truly beautiful posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dear S.

You are an idiot!! You have us all scared here because of your stupidity! You could have done so much but every chance and opportunity you had you f**ked away :mad: This is not fair on us, we're sitting here scared not knowing whether you're alive or dead.

Please get your life back together for your own sake before it's too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

Dear ex,

I hope getting back with that girl was worth it, it's sad that you never had the courage to fully get over her. You wondered why i was angry when you said you wanted to stay 'mates' with her.

And when you dumped me you uttered the same words 'lets stay mates'. I'd love to, but i have to have some dignity and not be treated like a fool.

I hope you get some sense soon - she's only with you because of convenience and the fact she can spend your money. Please god will you get some ounce of sense soon, everyone around you can see she treats you like crap.

What hurt me more was the fact you were able to switch your feelings off for me. Did you ever love me? I'm not too sure now... I really thought the world of you, no matter what you did, i thought you were a great person. And you still are, but you really left me heartbroken.

I want to keep in touch, but it wouldn't be easy for me. I think i need to find someone else first, and it wouldn't be as awkward for me. I can't bear to think of the good times, all the nice things you said, as it reminds me of what i don't have.

It wasnt easy getting over you, or letting my feelings go, but i had to, the thought of you and her together were making me mentally unwell. I think we really could've been good together, remember all the fun times? But those times are gone.

I'm pretty much over you, but i still care about you, and i dont want to see you be treated like sh**, even if that is the way you treated me in the end. I hope some day we could stay as friends, but its too soon

Good luck with life, and all that you do

Pennylane :) xx

Thank you to all the people who read my letter to my baby yesterday on this thread and thanked it.

My darling darling angel thank you for giving me signs today. I heard the birds singing and I heard a wonderful story about mothers who lose their babies. It was a dark day today in my head and I said things to your dad that I shouldn't have. Please help me accept with dignity that the relationship was not right. Please look after all three of us even though we can't be together. Please, at some stage, give me a sign that your Dad didn't mean to hurt me so much. I'm finding it really hard to accept all of this on top of losing you.

Talk to you tomorrow sweetheart xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Dear ---

I don't understand why you did it. All the lies, all the head games. Why? Did you get some sort of sick kick out of making me rake over my traumatic past time and time again? Did it make you feel like a big man to reduce me to tears all the time? Did you feel powerful manipulating me, taking me away from all of my friends, telling my family awful lies about me and treating me like dirt? You're sick in the head for what you did to me and I can't believe some women, strong, beautiful women, are still falling for your bull. But guess what? I'm happier now than I've ever been. Your actions and manipulations forced me to open my eyes and have a better perception of relationships in general, so thanks. Thanks to the way you treated me, I took a chance on a guy I never would have dated before you, and am happier than I've ever been. So your games failed. You didn't break me, you freed me.

Dear Garreth,

How can I put into words just what you mean to me? we've had a few ups and downs, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. You make me smile anytime I talk to or see you, you accept that my sex drive is lowered from my meds and reassure me when I feel like a bad girlfriend because of it, and you take care of me. You instinctively know what to do when my mental health is declining, like it has been these past few months. You help me through the depression, PTSD and paranoia in a way that nobody else has before. I'm not gonna say you're my world or my life, because I will always have my own life and full control over it, but you're damn near perfect and I love you. And I hope you never read this because I'll get embarrassed and blush :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

would it all be the same if i never left?

Crying my eyes out...

Reading this thread always reminds that you never really know what's going on in other people's lives, in other people's hearts and minds, even when you see them every day of the week.

It's amazing that we can feel so much pain right alongside so much love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Dear X,

You dumped me at the start of my final year exams and didn't even bother to do it face to face. You've now stated you don't want to speak to me or see me for an indefinite period even though you were the one banging on about how we were best friends and would always be friends. You say you need to sort your own stuff out and can't speak to me about it. We haven't seen each other in about 6 weeks, when everything seemed ok between us. You also say you're not sure you care about me anymore, not as a girlfriend but even as a friend.

I can't understand why you're treating me this way. I'm so hurt and I don't know if I can ever forgive you. I had to be strong to pass my exams and not breakdown. But I don't deserve this. I put so much into our relationship. And you're throwing me away like a piece of rubbish.

Advertisement