Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Dear Life,

You had been kicking my ass for awhile there and I was wondering if things were ever going to change but they did. I'm very glad of that. I read alot of the posts by other people here and I wish it was the same for them, I wish things would turn around for them. Sometimes things and people can get you very down, make you angry, make you lose your trust in people and become disappointed and disillusioned and you think things won't change or get better and then somehow they do. I am just very happy to have the people like my family and friends in my life and consider myself very lucky to know such great people. I will say a prayer for them and the other posters, even though I don't believe in God anymore, I still somehow think praying works. Don't ask me to explain that, I just believe it.

Thanks,

Aug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear P,

I think (nearly sure) I am pregnant. I hope this doesn't wreck things. I know I want this baby but not sure if you do.

Worried.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

Dear Universe,

Im waiting and waiting....!
    Ill be brilliant at it I promise just let me have it!

thanks

me

PS thanks to all tLLs - you all are amazing!

PPS universe while you are listening a really nice BF would be good too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Dear P,

I think (nearly sure) I am pregnant. I hope this doesn't wreck things. I know I want this baby but not sure if you do.

Worried.

X

I really hope it all works out for you...we're all here if you need to talk x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Dear Hubby,

Where the ---- is the
    remote control :confused:!!!! Seriously how hard is it once in a while to leave it where its supposed to be or anywhere that I can find it :confused: aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whats wrong with you?! how does your mind work???!!!! FFS

Wife making this face
    > :mad:

• Advertisement

Hey,

So u wanted to know? well i would have told you i loved you, all of you, just the way that you are.
    Please just let me go.

x

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

Im heartbroken, just heartbroken. Ive a pain in my heart since 1.30 yesterday when you told me we couldnt meet up anymore, and I know its the right thing to do.

Ive had some crap in my life and ive gotten through it, but I just dont know how im going to get through the days now. I dont know if I want to, and that scares me :(

Im fed up feeling like this,fed up....................

Why was I put on this earth ? Ive tried to live my life as best I can, im a good person, always tried to treat people the way I would like to be treated and ive been told no one has a bad word to say about me.

Yet here I am, 48 years old, children left home, no friends and now your gone as well.

Life sucks !!!!

Im sure ill get over it, im sure I will, I just dont want to take the easy way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Dear Job

I love you so much. You make me so happy. I know I'm one of very few who can genuinely say that they love their job and I really, really do. When my contract is up I am going to do everything I possibly can to stay in this company because I just love it. I don't mind getting up for work in the mornings and I love Sunday nights because I know I get to go into a job I love on Monday morning.

I love the industry, even though I never thought I would work in this industry and I love the buzz and meeting new people and knowing what I'm doing and then learning how to do more. I want to work in this industry as my career and I just wish I could express how much I love this job.

Don't let me go, you're the best thing that ever happened me! ;)

Love,
    The girl who drinks all the sparkling water in the office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Some of these posts would really break your heart... Well done for having the courage to post. I hope you are all doing ok. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

Dear You,

You have broken me in so many ways. The things that you have said or not said, the way things have played out for us, where our relationship is heading, what will never be, has shaped how I will live and love for the rest of my life.
    I dont want to feel this way about you, I have really tried not to, but it is actually out of my control. I genuinely want to move on now.I am tormented every hour of every day by the way you felt, the way we felt together, I just dont understand what happened. I dont want anything from you that you dont want to give me. If you have any of those feelings left for me could you please just tell me? I feel like I am going mad, reading into things, misinterpreting things or am I? Are you still playing with me? Please dont. If we could just talk about it once it would really help me to move on. I wont wreck your life or anyone elses, you could really help me if you chose to, I suspect that you're too selfish and afraid. Find that courage once again, please. You were my person, I know now that I am not yours.

x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Dear me

Why can't you ever be good enough?

Dear me,

Why do you torture yourself like this? Why? He's promised it'll never happen again. Ever. It wasn't even an "it" anyway, it was just a stupid website. It's not as if you haven't looked at some of those websites over the years too. Nothing happened, there was nobody else ever, he's never given you reason to think there was. It breaks his heart every time you insist on bringing it up, and yet you just can't resist. I know you feel needy and insecure and paranoid and afraid, yet alongside that you trust him completely. How can trust and paranoia exist together like that? You either let it go or you go and wreck your fantastic relationship. And if that's what happens, then it'll be you doing the damage, not him.

What is it inside you that makes you keep listening to that tiny little voice in your head that says "what if..". There is no if. Stop hurting him so much, and stop hurting yourself.You've got a fantastic man, one who loves you more than anything and who would do anything for you. Who cares what other people think, what other people's opinions are? You know him better than anyone, and just because you're going through a bad time with unemployment and being at home alone all day does not mean you should spend the time torturing yourself by reading about relationship problems and affairs online, then taking it out on him when he comes home. He's done nothing. Grow up, lighten up, and stop being so pathetic.

Signed

The rational side of your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

It wont let me post my "letter" on this thread?? :(

I close my eyes, and Im your girl
    I close my eyes, and we're happy together. building a beautiful new future together, just you and me

I open my eyes and remember that I would never be enough for you :(

always thinking of you. always will, i think. You know that I love you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Dear D..

I think you're awesome! (not to mention very, very hot!) I'd a brill day with you today, and you almost made me forget I'd dropped 20kg on my foot....:o

You'd better hit that 220kg deadlift before I go....:cool: And you'd better be here when I get back!

Sure it's only a skip, hop and jump away...

G ;)

Dear God/universe/karma/whoever or whatever is out there.

I've never wanted much for myself, i'm not a selfish person, i try to be a good person. There are only 3 things in this entire world that i've ever wanted for me, for myself, they are not materialistic things, they are 3 things you give to people every day of the week. I know 2 of these things are out of my control, and i accept that they may never happen for me. But one of these things i've done what i could to make happen, i mean i really did the best i could do :( then i hoped and wished and dreamed, i even prayed, but today i found out it wasn't to be :(.

The hurt inside me i can't even begin to describe. I feel sick to my stomach. I know i would've been so good at it, nobody would work harder than me, nobody.

What the hell do i do now? Why don't i deserve it? Do you hate me that much?
    I feel like such a failure.

What to you do when you've lost your dream? Honestly i don't even know, the only happiness i'd ever gotten was the belief that soon i'd get to do what i've always wanted. That i could start building the life I wanted, not the life everyone else wanted me to have. Everything i've ever done since i was 17 years old was for this.

Now it's all gone, and there's no happiness anymore. I'm just so sad, that complete hollow empty achy kind of sadness. My future is just a vast empty pit of nothingness.
    You must really hate me.

And then to add insult to injury you decide to bring him into my life?! for 3 days you allowed me to believe that two of those things i've always wanted, TWO! could actually happen?! More fool me for actually being stupid enough to believe it. Why? what was the point? Showing me someone who could actually make me happy? Someone nice and warm and kind, the instant i met him i felt a comfort and safeness i've never felt before. I can never have him now, you made sure of that today, you finished it before it could even have a chance to start, he now exists just to show me everything i'm missing, everything i can't have. You must really hate me.

Is this punishment for something? Whatever i've done wrong, i'm sorry, i'm so sorry because it must have been so awful to deserve this.

I'm a good person, why are you hurting me like this?

From
    Broken Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

brokengirl wrote: »
    Dear God/universe/karma/whoever or whatever is out there.

.... I'm a good person, why are you hurting me like this?

From
    Broken Girl
    Don't know if we're allowed to comment, but just to say the universe doesn't give you what you want. You have to fight for it. Fight for it, don't give up! Keep going, you'll get there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Dear Z,

I never in a million years would have guessed I'd find myself on this path but wow am I glad I'm here! You came into my life so suddenly and so ground-breakingly, and I've questioned everything which has come and gone before, and everything which lies ahead.

I feel like a new person already and I've only started on this path. There are many obstacles to come, many awkward questions to be answered, but with your continued support and the support of those few close friends, I can see this happening.

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Il be happy when its over.

10...weeks..couldnt..go..any...slower..

and in return.

I want him.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Dear U,

It has been nearly 4 years now and we're still in the exact same place we were back then. We constantly have the same conversations. I'm tired. I'm tired of hearing about how it's "always me", how we just have something you can't find with anyone else. I know that. Do you think I don't know that?

It was instant attraction for me. Then I got to know you as a person and it's hard to know now if that was a good thing or not. On one hand, we get on so well and we've always had such intense chemistry and sexual compatibility but on the other, it never goes anywhere. We tip-toe around each other when it comes to feelings and the majority of the time we can be honest with each other, one or both of us is/are drunk.

I don't think I want you but at the same time, I can't make the "what if's" go away. When I have a bf and you text me, I automatically feel like I'm doing something wrong. And you have cheated on so many girls with me. I think that makes both of us pretty horrible people.

It needs to stop. All of it. I need it to stop.

• Advertisement

Dear you,

It's been almost a year now; and it somehow seems like much long and much shorter all at the same time. God, I was so in love with you, I remember that feeling I'd get every time you looked at me; that rush I'd get every time you held my hand. I'd never felt a love like it before, and I think that's what made it so damn hard to let you go.

I knew it was the best thing, but it hurt so much and I couldn't see how I'd ever move on. Loving you took over my life, and when I lost you I lost a part of myself in the process. The reality is though, that I'd lost you a long time before we actually said the words, those words that went unsaid for so long.

It seems like forever since you held my hand, forever since you looked at me with that cheeky twinkle in your eye. But somehow, - somehow in the middle of forever, I stopped missing those moments....and I stopped missing you.

I don't think I ever really knew you, you'd changed so much by the time I met you that I don't think you even recognised yourself anymore. You changed to cope with a world that seemed to smother you with every breath you took, and I think you somehow lost yourself along the way. I think maybe I was a part of that coping mechanism for a while, until I became a part of the problem.

See, I can admit that to myself now, I can admit that loving each other wasn't good for us, and that we just couldn't make each other happy. I can see that love really shouldn't hurt that much. And that's a big thing for me, it's a really big thing.

I'd convinced myself that things would get better, that you'd get better and everything would be ok. I was in a relationship with no intimacy, no honesty, and no stability - yet I convinced myself that I could fix it, because giving up felt like failure, it made me feel like a failure - like I'd let you down. That's the legacy my mother left me with when she hit that bottle, she left me with self worth so low that the only way I could feel like anything but a failure was to fix someone else.

I know now that I was co-dependant, I can see how I enabled you and I can see that we're better off apart. You're happier now, at least you appear to be, and I am so unbelievably proud of you. I always knew you could do it, I always believed in you, and I know you're going to be so, so successful in everything you do. I'm so happy that you've found yourself again, and that you're chasing the dreams that always seemed so far away.

I'm alot happier now too, I've done so many things that I've never have done had we not brought things to an end. I'm so excited about the rest of my life, because I've taken ownership of it again and it's mine...my life is mine, and I no longer carry the weight of other people problems as my own. I still care, too much sometimes, but I've learned where to draw the line now - something I was never capable of doing before.

Some harsh words have passed between us, and a lot of pain has been caused, but I think that somehow we've both come out the other side. I don't think I could ever really know you again, but I'm ok with you from a distance. I think you feel the same - and that's more than either of us could have asked for. I don't hate you, despite it all, and I promise you I never did.

You'll always have a piece of my heart, but just a tiny piece, because I need the rest for all the love I have to give. Live well, be happy, and do everything you feared you never would.

With love, and a smile.

Me x

p.s. You'd be a great father, no matter what you may think, don't let any of it stop someone calling you Daddy some day.

Communication difficulties. That would be putting it mildly, alright. Sometimes I think you expect me to communicate through telepathy or something. Tis frustrating, to say the least, especially when I don't think I've ever been unduly tongue-tied around you, or us, or any of this, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dear Uncle Bob!

Happy Birthday :)

I can't believe it's nearly been three years since you've gone :( I hope you're safe and happy wherever you are. You lit a spark inside our hearts :) For now the angels have you but we'll see you again in different times :)

Miss you and love you

N xXx

Dear N.

Why do you have to make everything so complicated? Even the most simple things are turned into drama and arguments. Why? Do you get some kind of kick out of being permanently angry and taking it out on those closest to you?

I am only asking for one small thing from you and of course you refuse. After all the favours and things I have done for you on my own accord and you can't even do this for me. I hope you enjoy being so self-centered because it's not going to get you far in life. And the fakeness? Dear God if I have to listen to anymore "I'm always this happy woowee" blah blah blah fake crap anymore I might actually scream. Please give it up. We all see right through it, and find it offensive that you think we'd believe it. It's ok to be down now and then. No one is judging you. Sometimes I want nothing more than to give you a taste of your own medicine, but I know that that would only make me like you, and I am a better person than that.

I know you are hurting inside, but please stop taking your hurt out on S. He is the most fantastic son and he does not deserve to be made feel worthless and useless by you. He is always there for you, supporting you, helping you and you don't even appreciate it. You have no right to treat him like you do. Please talk to someone about your problems becasue your behaviour is creating unneseccary tension between me and S. It's difficult for me to always have to pick up the pieces after your tirrades.

Your behaviour has had only one positive affect, and that is to make me realise how lucky I am to have S. in my life. I am thankful that we have each other, and that I can be here for him and reassure him that eventually things will get better. I don't know how and I don't know when, but someday I hope that you realise how amazing and special and wonderful he is, and that you can appreciate him and love him like I do. It may never happen, but I can always hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Dear Ex...

Your only angry because you got caught!!!

You thought you were smarter then me...guess what your not :D

You lost, and in my book thats called TOUGH

From The clever one :D

Dear B,

Please take me back. I was so stupid to let you go and I know I was just playing games by leading you on for so long... I couldn't see what i can now!

I can't stand people telling me these things happen for a reason or if its meant to be it will!
    Fate doesn't always work like that! Sometimes you have to put out your two hand and grab it.

I'm nothing without you. I love you so so so so so so so much I just hope you realise that. Every thought for my future is with you.

Please take me back.

Love and miss you,

S

x x x

Dear P

Oh look you're online now, gonna talk to me?
    Of course you're not.
    I almost bought it, you were so very close.

You could've at least sent me one text or a message! I deserved that much!
    But it's OK, i get it now, you only let people get so close, friends are disposable.
    You'll keep in touch with them when you need drinking buddies and forget them when you don't.
    I was just an extension of that wasn't I?
    Just something to boost your ego until it was time to move on.
    You're an alright guy tough, I don't think you even do it on purpose to be honest, you just put yourself first all the time, every time, which is fair enough, but it's not something that i want in a partner, you're definitely not someone who's right for me, our values are way too different.

I'm so glad i didn't sleep with you!! There was just something that wasn't quite right, a little niggling doubt..

It's the best thing i never did!

I genuinely hope everything works out for you.

You need to start trusting people again and stop being so afraid of looking foolish, i hope you do. Let people get to know you, what's the worst that could happen?
    You've a lot of growing up to do, i know you'll understand one day when you mature a little more ;)

Maybe i should delete you but... meh i've no real ill will against you.
    I can just be another long lost acquaintance eh? Fine with me. I know what it is now.

From Me

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

Hey F

Stop talking in a baby voice ! You are 21 not 2!
    Its driving me crazy having to listen to it and it makes you sound ridiculous!!!!
    I may not be responsible for my actions if you keep talking like that !!

me

Hey R

How can you fancy someone who talks in a baby voice? Does it not make you cringe?

me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Kaffy wrote: »
    Hey F

Stop talking in a baby voice ! You are 21 not 2!
    Its driving me crazy having to listen to it and it makes you sound ridiculous!!!!
    I may not be responsible for my actions if you keep talking like that !!

me

Hey R

How can you fancy someone who talks in a baby voice? Does it not make you cringe?

me

I don`t know if we`re allowed to comment but -

Dear k,

Any chance you fancy R and thats why you find F soooo annoying? :P

Me

(joking, couldn`t help myself)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Pollen,

Thanks to you, I'm stuck in bed with blocked sinus, stingy eyes and a red raw throat. I missed Father's Day, my Mam cooked a roast. I had to have crisps for dinner.

**** you allergies!

Me

Advertisement