Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can't believe I am putting these words in black and white, never mind in cyberspace never to be lost .. Guess I must mean them.

Dunno where to start even, or where it began, it seems you have always been here xxx
    It has taken me the last while to realise that.
    I miss U load n loads now :-(

My friend, my brother from another mother, and then BAMB out of nowhere this creeping feeling of "more" .. I felt more, but how could I, I was married :-(
    Married, that was so grown up, u weren't there to see it were u, even tho u were my "oldest" friend, you wouldn't come, you lived in London so u were far away.

Back ya came, then one night years later, even years after my wedding, over a glass of wine ...BAAAAAAMMMM

Sh*t !!!!
    I love youuuuuuuuuuu ... Wowsers

The feeling kept coming, S*it I think u love me too.

You text me one night and since the texts haven't stopped ..

We haven't acted on it, don't think we will, I dint wanna be my Dad.
    Do u wanna be yours ?

But now, I've lost my friend, my oldest friend, we've been friends for 20 years and ya know what ... I miss you :-( desperately

But ya know what else ...I LOVE YOU

I also really love my husband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear E,
    I need to write all this down. Whether or not you want to read this is an entirely different story but at last I know I’ve said it.
    You’re the only person I’ve ever let treat me like I don’t matter. I’m ashamed of myself for this. I let you become a priority when you only ever treated me as an option. I let you see parts of me that only you know and I can never take that back. You know things about me that only you know and even though you’ve told me so many lies I trust you to keep them to yourself. I think of all the nights and days and mornings and evening we’ve spent together or talking. So much time invested in each other over the last five years I am going to find it hard walking away. Before you say that you want me to be your friend, I find that insulting because implying that there could be a friendship between us like saying there was never anything between us to begin with and we both know that is so very far from the truth.
    There are things that I have felt for you that I’ve never felt for anyone else. I have never said I love you to anyone else and every single time I said it to you, I was telling the absolute truth even when I was unsure of whether your reply was true or not. All the things I’ve done with you and shared with you were not out of lust. As long as I live there are some things about you that I will always remember.
    The way I felt all those years ago lying in your bedroom looking into your eyes, you holding my gaze. One of the only times I’ve ever felt able to look someone directly in the eye for so long.
    One night we were in your bed and the central heating was on but we had the windows open.. You were lying on the side of the bed closest to the door and I was lying on my back with my head on your chest and I could feel the wind coming in the window, passing over the radiator and getting warm and drifting across the room. Right at that moment I felt like we were lying on a beach in a faraway place where we wouldn’t have to get out of bed, nobody was going to come home at half ten and find us in bed together, I didn’t have to worry about being the bitch that was sleeping with you while you had a girlfriend.
    When all the **** kicked off in school when I was in fifth year and we weren’t allowed go to school on the Monday but made go to school on the Tuesday you were there for me. It was the middle of the night and there was no way I was going to be able to sleep and before I knew it you were knocking on my bedroom window. You came in and stayed with me that night and gave me what nobody else knew I needed. You just lay there and held me close until I fell asleep. In my wildest dreams you always played the hero.
    But there were times you let me down. All those night you stood me up, left me waiting broke plans we’d made, broke promises, broke me. There were times when I needed you to fight for me. I needed you to tell me how much you needed me and how much you wanted me. When I was going out withJ, and all the other boyfriends and girlfriends that were disposable and insignificant, you never once said pick me. Pick me over them.
    For years my friends are telling me to walk away. Telling me I deserve better. You said to me days ago that I deserve better. But when you said it you sounded like you were saying that you deserve better. I don’t need you or anyone else to tell me to tell me what I need or want or deserve. I knew full well what was and still is best for me, but I chose to want you instead.
    You never gave us a chance, either time. Both times you became distracted by someone else, someone new. But to go and dump me for one date with somebody I know?? That was low E. Lower than I ever thought a man could sink.

I put up with a lot, I put up with you sitting on your ass smoking weed day in, day out. It ruined you. You used to be exciting and impulsive. Now you’re just fuzzy all the time.
    There is something you said to me all those yours ago, ‘You and me babe, I can see us being together years from now, when we’re in our twenties.’

You chose drugs over me. I know you can change, but I know you won't. So I'm not waiting around.

All my love, always,
    The Best Thing You Ever Had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Dear everybody,

Maybe its time I start being selfish. Your all getting bits of me and I`m half doing everything cause my time is so split. I just look like a loser all the time. I`m exhaused and I haven`t even started a family of my own yet. Will everything fall apart? will I end up feeling really guilty? I worry about those things but I can see now no one is really worried about me and it always ends up blowing up in my face. Getting really cranky and don`t particularly want to take it out on you guys.

Me, me, me (aparently my new mantra)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

G,

Where do I even start? We are absolutely toxic for each other. Each and every time you come into my life, it's fun for a while but realistically, the fact is, you bring me to places I don't wanna be. Okay, "it's all a bit of craic", I get it - you want to laugh, be happy. Thing is, you have a problem with drugs. And I can't let your problem ever become my problem.

I don't really know what to do anymore. We've talked. And talked, and talked. You say you'll stop buying weed. You say you'll smoke less. It just never happens. Seeing you this weekend - on pills - fuck, I didn't even want to be around you.

I don't know how it got to this stage but the choice is yours now - it's me or it's drugs. I'm pretty sure I know which one it's gonna be, and the fact that things really are that bad makes me feel sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Dear Mr. Cyclist on the 4 o'clock train to Wexford,

Thank you for brightening up my day considerably with your too-tight cycling shorts and your long, lithe, gorgeously tanned legs. If you're wondering why the blonde girl sitting next to you is fidgeting so much it's only to stop myself from stroking you. That would most likely get me arrested and I have a very busy week so that just wouldn't do at all.

Yours in admiration and unadulterated lust,

g'em

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I miss you and I love you so much.
    I wish I got the chance to say goodbye and to thank you for everything.
    The family's just not the same with you xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

We all say stupid things when we're drunk. Stop giving me the silent treatment just because I was locked on Sunday. You have said worse to me and you know it.

You are exhausting, and yet I keep coming back for more. You know why I freaked out, and yet you're trying to make this my fault.

Give me back the €200 you owe me and p1ss off.

Dear ex,

Jesus it hurt when I found out that you had left me for someone else. It was like a knife stabbing me in the back!! All the lies that you told me!

I just wanted you to know that all these months later, I met a man and he is great, I am mad about him!!!

In fact the last time I felt this way was when I first met you!!! hahahaha

I wanted you to know I am happy and I forgive you!! Really, I mean that!

Ps: And the sex was ****ing great, with him that is not you!!!!lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Dear boyfriend,

I love you but I go away for a few days leaving a spotless house and come back to a pigsty. No I do not have OCD either. Fix the bloody cushions on the sofa when you get up so it doesn't look like the sofa is trying to eat them. Stop walking across my clean floors in your big, dirty work boots. Stop blaming the dog too! Last time I checked he didn't wear size 11 boots!

Your loving girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

RU- I haven’t thought of you for one blessed week! Someone said a word this morning; the same word was on a note from my boss, this afternoon; then again this evening - a stranger typed it on my computer screen, twice... Your name isn’t that common; it rarely comes up. So why has it been following me around all day? You have my attention. Wish I knew the answer. Just wish I didn’t know the question. –Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Dear Men of Ireland,
    Why do you ask us lovely ladies for our numbers and then not bother contacting us?!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

B - I love you, and I wish I could make you stop doubting that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭legallyblonde86

gagiteebo wrote: »
    Dear boyfriend,

I love you but I go away for a few days leaving a spotless house and come back to a pigsty. No I do not have OCD either. Fix the bloody cushions on the sofa when you get up so it doesn't look like the sofa is trying to eat them. Stop walking across my clean floors in your big, dirty work boots. Stop blaming the dog too! Last time I checked he didn't wear size 11 boots!

Your loving girlfriend.

AMEN SISTER!!!!!

I've just come home from ONE night with my friend and the house is in SHÍTE!!

Spent two hours cleaning! Still love that eejit tho

Dear new fella,
    You're wrecking my head. We've had 3 dates in as many weeks, each lasting hours on end. But our last date (for which you drove a 6 hour round trip) was Monday night,& since then I've heard nothing from you.
    It's so confusing! Is this the start of something? Is it the end of the start of something? I'm so reluctant to believe the last few weeks have only been about one thing, which I've failed to deliver on thus far; you couldn't be shallow enough to end all contact based on this?!
    I don't have a clue where we- if there even is a "we"!- stand. This is meant to be the romantic, rose-garden, stage. Instead it seems like it's only the I-want-to-jump-you stage.
    I need more time before I can commit to you in that way. If you're not prepared to give me that time, well then maybe we're not meant to be.
    Just man up& have the balls to tell me what the story is.
    Regards, New gal

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rayven12

Dear dad
    Still miss you after 26yrs, wish you had been there last Saturday to give me away, still dream about you you and thankfully think your grandson has inherited your sense of humour.....god help us. You'd be proud of mam she brought us up well and always made sure we talked about and remembered you :)

Dear P and D
    If dad were still alive you wouldn't have pulled that crap. You have NO idea how much you have upset and angered mam, she will NEVER forgive either of you.
    You like to talk about God and dad and how they are watching over us and how they see what is going on in our lives good because dad will have seen how much pain and upset you caused his wife and daughter.
    You did nothing to help mam while she reared us on her own, this was the one thing you were asked to do and you wouldn't.
    Oh and you can keep your bloody cheque......you didn't even bother to spell OH surname right!!!!!!!!!!! Pathetic

Dear X (and wife)
    He is your son....has been your son for 17yrs! Cop the f**k on and be a bloody man!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you happy now he has no respect for you?
    She must be some wonderful s**g for you to turn your back on your own child.
    Thankfully the rest of your family realise how precious he is so your loss not theirs.

Dear DH
    Thank you for loving me......and my mad insane complicated offspring
    Thank you for giving me DD2 and for being dad to DD1.
    I know they drive you mad and are a constant drain on what little money we have but they love you and I can't imagine what my life would be without you.
    Thank you for marrying me......it was one of the best days of my life:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Dear hubby,

I want a baby but I want you to want one with me to. I know its not practicle but when is it the right time? I want to be sure I`m in good enough shape but my patience is running out I can`t stand to see any more friends with their babies and what if I have wasted my chances. I`m TERRIFIED, this is the scariest thing in the world for me and I need you 110% in.

I love you like I never thought I could love anyone and I`m offering you the biggest commitment I`ve ever made to anyone and you just seem to be throwing it in my face, your hurting me so much.

Me xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Dear fella from Saturday night

Could have warned me you were a cannibal. Hickeys should not be painful. And should not be given by a 26 year old. You mingbag.

Good night though ;)

Dear Ma,

I know you never sought recognition; that the good you did, be it at home for the family, or out in the wider community, was not for show. But I have to acknowledge it, and just so you know other good people saw it too.

You were the bravest, most dignified woman, and your battle against that impossible monster was inspirational. I’m not half the person I should be but wouldn’t be half that had you not been my mother.

You deserved an easier life. You deserved more time.

A few years after you died I read all your old books and listened to the music you would have listened to. I think you were pretty ****ing cool Ma, and I regret not getting to know you as I got older.

Who was the girl who decided to go traveling in Iceland on her own in the 70’s? (Was she the owner of the dried out weed in your decades old copy of Catch22?) I knew you were brave, and ambitious.

And boundless energy, even when you were quite obviously sick. You did more in the 8 years of your illness than most do in a lifetime. So ****ing selfless you dedicated your time to everybody.

I remember the sickness so clearly. How it ramp sacked your body. You were skin and bone when you died. The pain at the end was a cruel **** you from a world that you did nothing but enrich. You did not deserve that.

I’m 27 now, Ma, and nothing special. Crap job, no girlfriend etc… but people seem to think I’m alright, well the people who matter anyway. (Some even say I remind them of you, a complement I feel inadequate for.) I get so down sometimes, it’s just the way my brain fires it would appear. But I always have my memory of you...of that goodness, and I’m not ready to check out of this world yet.

I dedicate whatever time I am given on this earth to you…I hope that someday that amounts to something.

Rest well, Ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dear M

You told me the other day that you still care for her, that you love her more than anything, I was a bit pushed because she put you through so much hell in the three years you were with her. I want you to know that if you truly want to be with her then go ahead take the chance but please don't let yourself fall back into the hole we hate seeing you like that.

Your lil sis

Dear J

Some people are not lucky enough to get second chances, please don't waste yours and don't hurt him again.

N.

Dear M + J

I really hope this time around everything works out for you, I wish you all the best.

xXx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear bf,

Thank you for making me think and see sense. You've made me cop on to myself and realise that I have no reason to be so down. My life is actually really great and I should be thankful. I have you, I have my friends, I have my family, I have my health. And while I'm not entirely happy with my body you've made me realise that it's still beautiful as it is. I'm so sorry that you had to threaten to break up with me to get me to think and realise that I've been an idiot. It hurts me I made you worry so much.

I love you so much, I hope you know that.

J xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Daddy,
    I would be lost without you, you donkey. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Dear A,

Have fun on your travels.

I'm gonna miss you my love.

Annika

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Dad,

Your an alcoholic, I purposely avoid you when your drunk. I cant stick up for you anymore.

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

E, You have the cutest smile I've ever seen. :) But you'll never hear it from me. And the way you clench your jaw and squint at me when you're trying to figure out what to do, it's adorable. But deep down we both know, neither of us is ready for a relationship. We gave our whole hearts away long ago, and the more we try to get them back, the further they slip back in time. So why do we walk around with these silly grins and hold onto each others hands like we can't let go? Friends we shall stay - really close friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dear lil miss _____

I really can't wait until your ___ __ ___ _______ because then I'll know for sure that I am completely ____ ____ ___. I've spent so long worrying that I'll ___ ___ and I would _____ ___. I don't think you deserve the satisfaction of ______ __ like this, I've often thought what it would have been like to actually ____ ___ but in all honesty I don't want it to be now, not until I _____ ______ and can ____ the ____ off ____ ____. I hope we do cross paths eventually in life and I hope that I am _**_____ ___ so that you can ___ ____ _____ and genuinely feel the pain and hurt you caused me, even a little remorse for your _*____ness towards me would be _________.

All I know for sure is that I wont be _______ __ _______ anytime soon.

Regards,

N____

Dear BF,

why are u making me wait????? i want nothing more than to be ur wife, weve been together for two years now. u know i want to be with u, u know i want to settle down and have a family with u. what's taking u so long? i really thought when we went away last month to cuba that would be it. that u would finally make your move. but u didn't and the whole holiday was ruined.

and now ur annoyed cos im acting moody with u since we got back, but what do u expect?????? how many hints do i have to drop that i want you to propose???? how many mags left open on the ring pages. how many times do i have to mention my friends and there weddings and there babies?????

u say u dont want kids yet, but i know all ur friends have kids or kids on the way. i know they tell u how great it is to be a father. u told me once ur not sure u ever want kids but what kind of a man never wants kids???? i know u didnt mean that, but u cant make me wait forever. it's not fair.

please stop being such a coward. please propose.

yours,
    the girl who wants to marry you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dear *

Everytime I see you, you end up making me so mad. I've known you my whole life and you are still stuck on the same page from almost 20 years ago. It frustrates me and makes me sad. You are diabetic yet I find sweet wrappers under all the clutter in your car....I don't believe your little lie "ah it was the kids that were eating that" even when you have a teeny bit of chocolate around your mouth. You will make yourself so ill.

I would love to have a good friendship with you, but you make it impossible as you constantly snipe at all of us, even behind our backs, I walked in on it today, he was embarrassed and you looked down. I have people to see and meet. If I do not see you there is all hell to pay. I am my own person now but you fail to realise this. Leave me breathe.

I love him, I always have and always will. You will NEVER change my opinion of him no matter how harshly you speak of him and his previous wrong doings.

Please cop on to yourself before it's too late, every time I go to see you I resent you a little bit more, and I hate myself for it

T

Dear J

The past year has been really tough for me, my head has been a mess and my life somehow spiralled beyond my control. I thought I knew what I wanted, but in reality I was just getting by from one day to the next. I used you the time before that, I used you to take my mind off things and I'm so so sorry for that. But you're as much to blame, and I'm just asking you to please acknowledge that. Last time was different, yes I was hurting but I still wanted to try, I liked you a lot...regardless of what you might think.

You say you were interested, but you never made me feel like you were - it seemed like a power thing to you, you never let me feel in control of things - you always had the upper hand. That was the last thing I needed J; after my previous relationship I needed stability, I needed honesty, and I needed someone to put me first for a change...but I seemed to be at the bottom of a long list with you.

I'm not a prima donna, I'm not high maintenence, but I don't think it's much to expect the guy you're seeing to return your calls or even just reply to a text within 48 hours. Do you not see the impression that gave? I felt like you really didn't give a ****, and it felt like we were back to square one. You said things would be different, you said there were other circumstances before, but things didn't change.

That weekend, I was ill, and I was worrying about how I'd get the time off work for the plans we'd made at the same time, so I text you to find out dates etc. But you never once got back to me, because you were busy. Busy? I understand it was an important weekend for you, but come on J, a text takes 2 seconds. We only made those plans because you had cancelled the others, do you really blame me for being wary? Please don't read this in a smart ass tone, that's not what I'm doing, I'm just trying really really hard to have an open conversation with you - even if it's only one way, because it's something we never managed to do.

I'm writing this to make up for the one you mentioned, to stop with the slyness and be as direct as I can. There's just something about you that always draws me back, it's like I can see this kind, considerate, and brilliantly witty guy who makes me smile everytime I meet up with him; but then there's the evasive, arrogant, and flaky guy on the other end of the phone, who just doesn't seem that interested in me at all...and makes me feel like crap. Which are you? I'm just really confused, and I have been since Day 1.

Maybe you did the long term thing before, maybe you've been hurt and you don't want to jump into anything. You said that to me once before - that you were hurt in the past, but I thought you were taking the piss. Were you? See, I never know with you. But still, it was hardly jumping, we just seemed to hop and skip our way through 3 years, constantly moving yet somehow staying in the same place. And anyway, it doesn't seem like a line you'd roll with...

You've treated me badly, and I've done the same to you. But the thing is, I can admit where I was wrong. You won't - you put all the blame on me, and that wasn't fair at all. I left a relationship that had left me broken and I tried to fix myself whilst seeing you, that wasn't the way to go about it. I'm sorry for that. But I've always been open with you, I've told you things I've never told anyone, and I've always been clear about what I want; it just grinds you back when you never get the same in return.

Then there was the sex thing, I know you thought it was on the cards when we met up the last time. But I just wasn't ready, and I'm sorry if I lead you on. I just didn't feel comfortable enough with you, and it was too soon after my break up. I hope you can understand that. I wasn't trying to play games, but you know by now that I don't sleep around. I think you'll understand, because you seem the same.

I wanted to say all this when I asked you about meeting up a few weeks ago; I wanted to clear the air, because try as I might...I can never help thinking 'what if' when it comes to you. I know you thought you were getting back at me with your reply, letting me know you've met someone you're more interested in... and you did. You won, it gave me that lousy feeling in the pit of my stomach, and it hurt.

Your remarks were uncalled for, and you know that. My behaviour has been dictated by yours, we've both been as bad as each other and there was no need for it. I've been dating a guy there recently, but despite all the **** you're still on my mind.

I just want to scratch it all out, I want to start over, I want to keep in touch, and even though there's no chance of anything now I'd love to see you before I go.

You know rightly that this is about you and I'm hoping you'll let me know. But I'm scared to send a text in case I get a nasty one back, and I can't handle that. I'm risking this because we seem to be on ok terms now after the last time we talked...and I'm hoping you'll get back to me if you're free.

If not, then I guess you still think everything you said before. That's fair enough.

p.s. if I don't see you, thanks for some great times.

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dear ex,

Thanks for giving me a broken heart that I can't seem to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Dear BF,

why are u making me wait????? i want nothing more than to be ur wife, weve been together for two years now. u know i want to be with u, u know i want to settle down and have a family with u. what's taking u so long? i really thought when we went away last month to cuba that would be it. that u would finally make your move. but u didn't and the whole holiday was ruined.

and now ur annoyed cos im acting moody with u since we got back, but what do u expect?????? how many hints do i have to drop that i want you to propose???? how many mags left open on the ring pages. how many times do i have to mention my friends and there weddings and there babies?????

u say u dont want kids yet, but i know all ur friends have kids or kids on the way. i know they tell u how great it is to be a father. u told me once ur not sure u ever want kids but what kind of a man never wants kids???? i know u didnt mean that, but u cant make me wait forever. it's not fair.

please stop being such a coward. please propose.

yours,
    the girl who wants to marry you

Dear guest111111111,

I know we're not meant to comment/give advice on here but I would really recommend that you start rethinking your relationship if you need to write this.

You're only 2 years together. It's not really that long when you think about it, maybe he's just not ready to settle down like that just yet.

And you can't force him to have kids. If he doesn't want them, he doesn't want them. Maybe he'll change his mind, but maybe he won't. It could already be set.

I really think that you need to talk to him and work out if this is really the relationship for you. By the sounds of it you two are looking for completely different things and the longer you leave it the worse things will get.

Sorry if I've offended you or anything. I just felt that it needed to be said tbh.

XxMCRxBabyxX

Advertisement