Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good advice *waves finger at XxMCRxBabyxX :mad::)*.

PS guest111111111 if you would like to get other peoples take on this, your post can be copied to the Relationship Issues forum. This goes for any others who feel they'd like more than just a one off thing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Dear guest111111111,

I know we're not meant to comment/give advice on here but I would really recommend that you start rethinking your relationship if you need to write this.

You're only 2 years together. It's not really that long when you think about it, maybe he's just not ready to settle down like that just yet.

And you can't force him to have kids. If he doesn't want them, he doesn't want them. Maybe he'll change his mind, but maybe he won't. It could already be set.

I really think that you need to talk to him and work out if this is really the relationship for you. By the sounds of it you two are looking for completely different things and the longer you leave it the worse things will get.

Sorry if I've offended you or anything. I just felt that it needed to be said tbh.

XxMCRxBabyxX

And I just needed to disagree so both opinions could be represented so she doesn`tthink everyone agrees with you - because they definetely don`t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Dear ex,

Thanks for giving me a broken heart that I can't seem to fix.

I've got a girlfriend now. :pac:

Mixed bag of emotions last night. Reeeeeeesult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Dear <expletive>,

Stop trying to interfere with my new relationship. Nobody believes these lies you spread, especially that I abandoned you and the children.

May I remind you, you're the one who took my children to another county, kicked me out of our home, and that I took you to court for access to my children. Strange way for me to abandon you really.

Dear You,
    We had our chance, probably the last ever. You left me when I needed you most, and I would of given all I had to keep you with me until the day I die. Now that I've met someone else, you suddenly want to re-kindle things.
    It doesn't work that way, and I'm sorry, but I can't take another risk on you. You were and always will be my greatest love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Dear ________,
    Everytime my phones rings or I get a message I get butterflies in my tummy. Why isn't it you making the contact?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dearest you,

for so many years we had only ups, and then came the downs as well, and we're still here. it's hard to believe it took that many years to actually have a real argument and that now things are better than ever.

i love you more than i could ever put into words. i know declarations of love aren't your cup of tea, but your actions say it all. i can't wait to see you again, no matter how long it's been since i saw you last. i can't wait to talk to you again, no matter how long it's been since we last spoke. it feels so good to be closer than ever to you, and to know we'll always be each other's best friend and true love, and that we'll be there for each other till the end.

here's to growing old together. i'm so very glad we found each other.

love,
    me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Dear A,

I love you more than you will ever know. You have no idea how much brighter my life is since you've been in it. You wipe away my tears, and you laugh wholeheartedly when we're being silly together. You tell me when I'm being stupid and you encourage me when I need support. You are so perfect to me.
    I often wonder what I did to deserve someone so amazing.

Thank you, for being you and for loving me.

Love always,

P x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Dear looser

No

NO

No I don't not give two squits about the color of your bedroom, your dire cooking, your half-assed attempt at everything you do in life especially how you make everyone else do everything for you with your excuse of being "wrecked" every day. you do nothing. ever. How could you be wrecked? Your " oh i only smoke a few in the evenings" When its really fact that you smoke 30 a day. Stop blowing that **** in my face.

P.S

Give up the fags

P.P.S

Your face annoy's me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Dear A,

I love you more than you will ever know. You have no idea how much brighter my life is since you've been in it. You wipe away my tears, and you laugh wholeheartedly when we're being silly together. You tell me when I'm being stupid and you encourage me when I need support. You are so perfect to me.
    I often wonder what I did to deserve someone so amazing.

Thank you, for being you and for loving me.

Love always,

P x

Awhhh, Jesus that's lovely!:o

Good on ye!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

To the person who sent me a lovely pm yesterday.

Thank you very much for thinking of me it was much appreciated.
    It was unexpected and a surprise as we have never communicated before.

Thanks xx

• Advertisement

Dear D2.

You are a ride. My god.

You have done me more good than you will ever know. I dont know how this is going to end but Im enjoying how it starts :D

from

me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

D,
    I was 18 when we met and too young to know the difference between someone actually really fancying you and texting or calling when they are bored. But one thing I do know is this. How the hell could you lie to me about that thing that is more than a white lie? You said you were contemplating ending it all ffs? Then when I asked your friend about you, he actually laughed and said you were lying and that he knew you weren't going to. Even now when I see you my blood boils and I can't look you in the eye. Just so you know it's also not mannerly to tell me you love me and then get into a car with your girlfriend at the time while you asked me to hide so she wouldn't see.

E,
    I honestly don't know how you have been in my life for so long. It has taken me three years to realise you are the most cold-hearted guy I have ever come across. The reason I have been friends with you for so long since is that in fairness you are the only one who knows about the thing that upsets me most in life and I actually somehow thought you would someday change and actually care about someone elses feelings. You actually made me paranoid that I was clingy when if you didn't want to hug me after a bad day you actually gave out to me and said what the hell is wrong with me. The last time we were together, you got up and walked out the door to work and didn't say a word and again I somehow seemed to be the one in the wrong. And the final straw was the following. When I confided in you that I was a bit nervous about sleeping with the guy I was seeing you actually told me I was bad in bed and so I should be nervous. Well I can honestly say I am no different to any other girl and I am neither clingy, messed up or anything else you say when I raise an issue with you. So, it's your loss at the end of the day. I'm only sorry it took me so long to realise that you are the one with the problem.

C,
    I honestly wish you all the best in life but did you not for one minute think it would be manners to let me know you met someone else? Like really, only for that I would actually look back on you as a really nice guy. But hey, I finally realised if a guy likes you, he will let you know and there will be no games and thanks for that at least.

D,
    I was actually bowled over by your hotness the first night we met. I know I was disappointed when you didn't text but after what happened you weren't in a fit state. Then I was so delighted when we got back in touch by pure freak. Our 1st date was actually so much fun. I laughed, I nearly pinched myself at the sight of the absolute ride sitting across from me, the kiss was amazing and I can honestly say I thought there was just something lovely about you. Fast forward to the text last week that your ex wants you back. I was and still am gutted but I have to say you lived up to the expectations I had of you when you were nothing but honest with me. I can't put myself in the position of being in the middle of all this but again you were honest with me, made me laugh and to be honest knowing what I know now, I would have definitely went home with you that night!! I really really hope things work out for you with her if that's what you want and if not that our paths might cross again. I don't think I have felt like this about someone so soon after meeting them and I just want you to know that I think you are one of the most gorgeous guys I have ever laid my eyes on and I was really looking forward to getting to know you. Best of luck with it all, I just thought you were lovely and also I love the fact that you thought I was lovely too.God you have actually made me cry over you and we only had one date. I actually fancy the pants off you and I'm never going to get the chance to say it :(

A,

I am gutted with what you threw at me today. I knew there was something wrong, just like I knew when I met you you were wrong for me. I have no idea why you bothered making the journey over here from London this weekend. I don't know why you acted like you cared or were interested. You are immature, insecure and selfish and you went about this all wrong, you have really hurt me and made me cry. I don't ever want to hear from you again, though I am already missing you. I know you weren't the one, but you went about things all wrong and I feel so stupid.

M,

How dare you, simple as. I am merely being nice as I am biding my time for when you make the next big gesture and are actually at the point of listening to someone (which only happens very rarely in your life as everyone knows) and then I will explain to you exactly how awful what you did last year was. I really hope this time you have burned your bridges with everypne else as well as me. Your a waste of space.

Sorry to anyone reading if this sounds nasty and negative but I am so upset right now, and sick of holding it all in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Z,

I am SO happy to be with you, I have a PERMA-smile these days. I know I've been in a 5 year thing before, as you were, but it didn't feel like THIS. I know what content feels like. I've never felt so secure. I knew you were something different when one night I apologised to you for always moaning about things, and you simply replied "If I don't listen to you, who will?".
    Our goodbyes have always been difficult, it's like I physically can't stand to be apart from you. I can't wait to be back to you.
    I don't know, I become illiterate when it comes to explaining exactly how I feel, but I guess I love you will have to cover it. x

Dear friends,

I know you don't "approve" of my decision but please don't bitch about me behind my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

Dear G

I've paid my dues -
    Time after time -
    I've done my sentence
    But committed no crime -
    And bad mistakes
    I've made a few
    I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
    But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
    And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
    We are the champions -
    We are the champions
    No time for losers
    'Cause we are the champions - of the world

xxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Well, here it goes..

Dear La.

Dear La.

Dear La.

Dear Leen,

I knew this time would come, and I dreaded it for months. I thought I should've felt like this a lot sooner than I did but I guess that's what it took.
    Perhaps if I hadn't enjoyed my own space so much things would be different now, but from what I can see, it's far too late.
    Now my own space feels like an ocean of space and I'll be swimming forever to try and reach you, or anybody.
    And I remember this feeling all too well. I didn't think I had forgotten it, although it's much much stronger than what I remember from before.
    If you would at least acknowledge my existence it wouldn't be so hard. But you like making it hard for me, which I suppose I can't complain about because whos decision was it? Mine.
    And they all said 'Maybe in the future, maybe in the future.' And at the time, I thought 'Never again'.
    I know that if there was any chance for us ever again things probably wouldn't change. But it seems (not from the way you've treated me, but others) that you have opened your mind a little bit.
    And even though I know this, I'd probably give it another shot.
    I miss your arms around me.
    I wasn't lying when I said I loved you and I always will.
    I'll never forget you, and it hurts so much how hard you're trying to delete me completely from your life.
    You've moved on, you've had your space and most importantly, you've found someone else, so it's really difficult for me to understand why my best friend won't even say hi to me anymore.
    That night I saw you when I was walking to work and you explained why you hadn't been talking to me, and you hugged me like that, I understood and I knew. I understood how you felt and I knew that me feeling like I do now was only inevitable.
    But you've changed separation for the good of yourself to pure hatred and I just can't understand it. Why? Why if you have someone else do I still get the silent treatment and the cold shoulder? Surely now that you've found her the need for space from me is gone.
    I love you and I always will.
    I only hope you can forgive me so that I can have my best friend back. Or at least a friend of some kind.
    I love you and I always will.
    Flake.

Dear Son,

As I look at you now, you look so peaceful lying on the bed. But we are in a war together, me you and your mummy, for your life. This is so unfair on you, you are only three and the most beautiful, intelligent boy on this planet. All the doctors and nurses say so too.

When you arrived on this planet 3 years ago last Saturday, it was the greatest moment of my life, I knew we would be best friends and we have done everything together since. I love you so so so so much, I cant tell you how you make me feel and how distressing it is for me to see you in this condition.

Fight little man, we will get through this together and beat this cancer. We will spend Saturday mornings in the coffee shop again and play endlessly in the back garden, in the living room, your bedroom, wherever you want. Its a miracle you have already gotten this far and I know you can make it to the end. My heart has been absolutely destroyed by this, its like watching a part of me, the most beautiful loving part of me suffer.

I love you with all my heart and soul my beautiful beautiful boy. Fight.

Daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

That is just beautiful and heart-breaking. You are in my prayers x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I really hope that little boy gets better. That post made me cry.

To the person that posted it: You, your wife/partner and your little boy are in my prayers. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Such a petty thing compared to some others in this thread but

N-

I can't believe you didn't wish me a happy birthday today you pathetic little boy.

Everything I put up with with you and you dont even have the gall to wish me well on this special birthday?

I'm actually scarlet for you.

• Advertisement

Dear husband,

I really wish Id have had more sense in ever getting together with you. People around you who had known you since you were a kid warned me about you. How I wish I'd listened. You are the biggest regret of my life and I pray for the day I can get away from you for good. I might not be the same person physically, that you fell in love with, but tough! I'm still 100 times the person you will ever be. I feel sorry for your never victim. And NO! you will not destroy me. I should have got away from you when I had the chance but I am on the look out for my next chance and I will jump at it feet first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

dear friends,

ACKNOWLEDGE MY EXSISTENCE! please stop inviting me places then leaving me out of your conversations its rude! you never include me and ye wonder why i feel so unwanted! stop making fun of me because im a red head theres only so much of it i can take before my confidence is knocked altogether i know ye are only messing but seriously its 24/7 one of ye will get punched in the face

:(:mad:

Dear A,

I'm always gonna love you. I was crazy about you. I did everything I possibly could for you. I'd have anything you wanted. And yet you decided it wasn't enough.
    I understand why you left me; I completely understand that it was the right thing to do. But the way you did it and the way you've acted since have made me realise that you are not the person I thought you were.

There are so many good things about you. But the way you treat other people just makes you into an asshole.
    You told me you wanted to stay friends - those were your words. I was the heartbroken one, you needed to make the extra effort to maintain friendship.
    But you didn't. And that's why we're no longer in contact. I didn't delete you of FB out of spite, I did it out of necessity. I finally realised that I don't need you in my life to be happy. You're not worth it. And I don't know if I'll ever properly forgive you, but it doesn't really matter because you forgave yourself very quickly. And that's all that matters, isn't it? :rolleyes:

I don't hate you. I wish you well in the future. And when we run into each other again, whenever that is, I hope we'll be civil and pleasant to each other. Who knows, maybe we'll be friends again. I just hope by then you'll have learned to treat other people better.

Oh and one last thing: if you ever feel depressed again and need someone to talk to, you can still come to me. That door will always be open for you, if you need it.

Dear B,

We both know this won't last forever. But it has already lasted so much longer than I thought it would! You're not my type. AT ALL. And yet you managed to make me fall for you.
    We want different futures. You want a husband, kids and happy life in the suburbs. I want career, travel and adventure. We're completely different people and one day one of us will have to initiate that conversation we're both dreading.

But for now, it doesn't matter! We've got a holiday coming up soon and I am so fúcking excited. :D I don't know if I'll ever manage to love you the way I loved A but you're gonna leave me with much happier memories that I don't look back on with sadness and regret. And when we finally do say goodbye, it will be as painless as possible and will do my best to maintain our friendship. Because I know how much it hurts when the opposite happens.

Dear C,

You've got your whole life ahead of you. Don't screw it up. You've wasted so many years as it is on false friends, impossible dreams, self pity and not moving on from curable illnesses. Try harder, be better. You could be a brilliant person if you just copped the fúck on. Why can't you realise that?

To the person I considered a friend.
    I let you into my life and now you are finished with me you are so cruel.
    you maintain there is no hard feelings but your actions speak for itself.
    I don't think you were ever truthful,compulsive liars never are.
    Avoiding you will be difficult but respecting myself is more important.
    You are a sad pathetic man who craves attention using everyone for your own ego.
    my only regret is the time I wasted on you and for been me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Dear L,

You were the most selfless and compassionate person I have ever met. With your big heart you were a role model for so many people, those younger than us who needed guidance, your peers and even those much older and worldlier than us. The compassion that you showed everyone in your life- from your family to the less fortunate you met on the street inspired us all.

Years ago when I battled severe depression and fantasized about suicide on a daily basis you were there for me. You dragged me out of my house, away from the difficult home life that I was mired in and the bad breakup I was floundering with. Little by little you helped me work through it- never once asking or expecting anything in return. I have no doubt in my mind that I was not pleasant to be around. Nor did I ever express the depth of my gratitude. That I am here today and have built a "successful" life is a testimony to you.

We are coming up to the 2 year anniversary (if you could call it that) of your suicide and your murder of another person. I have been through a lot in my life, cancer and depression to name but two. As such, I am not easily scared. However it terrifies me to think that you- the best of us- could be so blighted and marred by pain and grief to do what you did. To make it worse- it was not a moment of madness, an instant of insanity. It was cold, premeditated, executed under the pretense of kindness and deceptive in nature. Even as somebody who visited and lost my way in dark places, I cannot begin to fathom the depths of despair you must have found yourself in to have even contemplated, let alone perpetrated, such deeds.

We had drifted apart in the years prior to what happened due to changing circumstance which only magnifies my guilt, regret and shame. Regret for not being there and sharing your pain. Guilt for being oblivious to what you were going through. Shame that could not bring myself to attend your funeral and witness the devastation you wrought on your friends and family. Even in death you are a better person than me- selfish to the bone I cannot find it in myself to absolve you for what you did.

Rarely does a day pass that I don't think of you and struggle to understand what happened. I don't believe in the concept of an afterlife. You did and I hope you found absolution and above all, peace.

Your friend,
    A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Dear Son,

As I look at you now, you look so peaceful lying on the bed. But we are in a war together, me you and your mummy, for your life. This is so unfair on you, you are only three and the most beautiful, intelligent boy on this planet. All the doctors and nurses say so too.

When you arrived on this planet 3 years ago last Saturday, it was the greatest moment of my life, I knew we would be best friends and we have done everything together since. I love you so so so so much, I cant tell you how you make me feel and how distressing it is for me to see you in this condition.

Fight little man, we will get through this together and beat this cancer. We will spend Saturday mornings in the coffee shop again and play endlessly in the back garden, in the living room, your bedroom, wherever you want. Its a miracle you have already gotten this far and I know you can make it to the end. My heart has been absolutely destroyed by this, its like watching a part of me, the most beautiful loving part of me suffer.

I love you with all my heart and soul my beautiful beautiful boy. Fight.

Daddy
    There are no words i could ever say to make it better, but you, your partner and son are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I really wish you all the best and that your son continues this fight.

you have me in tears, but only as i want give u a hug

Dude,

I actually think you're the sh!t. I make an idiot out of myself in front of you all the time. I think you're kinda gorgeous, a hell of a lot smarter than most people realise or give you credit for, and... ah here, I'm just going to give you a big head.

Your ex wants you back, by the way. That's why she keeps talking to you about the guy who's chasing her. I didn't want to say that to you the night we were talking about it. Having seen her fluttering around you last night just emphasised it. Just sayin'!

Pretty sure I need to bite the bullet and at least give you an indication of how I feel, but it's scaring the crap out of me, because it's been a long time since I liked anyone as much. So I've given myself an ultimatum. I have to say something to you by a certain date. Which sounds really stupid, but otherwise I'd never do it. And I'm getting butterflies because I know I'll see you again tonight. In a tux. *cue dopey grin* Did I mention already that you're kinda gorgeous?

Enough making myself sick with the cheesiness!!

Pink.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear employers of Ireland,

Please give people a chance! There's lots of young people like me out there dying for any sort of work who just can't get it because they don't have x years of experience. We're willing to work very hard for very little, but we just need one person who will grant us even a few weeks to get our foot in the door, get onto the ladder. How are we supposed to get 3 years experience if nobody will take us on in the first place? We'll work just as hard (if not harder) than the next person. Look past the cv and see the young person behind it who will work their backside off for you if you give them the opportunity. We don't ask much, only that you will consider us and not just throw the cv straight into the bin. We're happy to learn.

Yours faithfully,

The young, inexperienced people of Ireland

Dear C

Why were you being so nice and helpful to me? i'm a complete stranger, you don't even know me?! The whole situation was very random :)

Your name at the end of the text made me smile a little too much.
    Dammit now look what you've gone and done... made me fancy you!

It's such a pity our paths won't cross again after this, you seem like such a nice guy.
    You probably have a girlfriend anyway, nobody who's that cute and nice could possibly be single!

Thanks for being so helpful.

From me

• Advertisement

Dear J

I've sat quietly and watched as you meticulously constructed your own version of events and sold it to anyone who would listen. They might even believe you but I'm not bothered. You don't really know me at all.
    Last week after I left I stayed with ****, I spent the weekend there. I didn't tell you because you didn't need to know. It would just be more material for you to feed your already distorted view of things so I kept quiet. I know, you prefer to think of me sitting at home in front of the tv twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do and no one to do it with but you would be wrong.
    The other day you text me and told me you passed ****** in the pub, I laughed because it was me she was talking to on the phone. I didn't feel the need to tell you that either, I did tell her to say hello to you though. She had no intention of doing anything of the sort because she already knows what a creep you are. They were her words. Creep.

I know what you think of me and I know why it makes you feel good about yourself but I'm smiling on the inside. Everyone already knows what you're about and I came prepared. I'm just waiting in anticipation of the day when you will finally realise it.

Advertisement