Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LAM89

To My Dear Boyfriends Brother,

Get a life. Grow up. Stop sucking your parents dry at your age. Get a Job. Be a father to your son. Get over your jealousy. Your PATHETIC.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

To you:

I would've thought that you, of all people, would've learned not to take things and people for granted.

You might think that because you've hurt me so many times before, I dont mind any more. Its not true. Every time hurts. I do have a limit, believe it or not, and I'm close to it and I don't want to be. I want you in my life; you mean a lot to me; but I can only be pushed away so many times.

Hanging on by a thread. You make it so hard for me. I feel like I mean nothing to you. Am I right?

Please give me a reason to stick with this, or not. Just say something. Anything, so long as you mean it.

Yours. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Z, with all my heart, I miss you.

You keep saying it yourself, there's something weird about our relationship, the way we met, how we clicked SO fast, how we could never bear to say goodbye to eachother, even at the start, even if it was for just one day. You make me SO SO happy.
    You were right. I shouldn't have brought it up earlier about our favourite memories of eachother so far. It makes it that much harder to be away from you right now.

I really don't think I'll ever enjoy sleep again until I'm curled up beside you. I'll never forget the morning you woke me up at 4am to head into Abu Dhabi and watch the sunrise, and how we spent the whole day together until we watched the sunset again. It was like the most perfect day. I see us having many more like that. Behabek x

Dear obviously filthy rich creators of Skype,

THANK YOU!!! You deserve every penny!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Dear J

Gosh where do I start, I really don't know what I would say to you if I ever had the displeasure of seeing you again!! I loved you and you were a huge part of my life for so many years and I guess gradually we fell out of love. I bumped into six years ago and to think because I moved away and got on with my life could make you do what you did well I guess I'm guilty but did I deserve what you did to me no I didn't. You told me you didn't love me anymore but I guess if you didn't have me no one else could.

When I was in hospital and you sent your sister in to visit and ask me not to press charges well that took the biscuit, I couldn't risk you doing that to someone else. You completely destroyed me and my trust in everyone, but slowly and gradually I let someone in, it took ages for me to trust him but we got there and now we are married. You got out of jail but I do truly hope I or my hubby never meet you as I don't know what we will do!! You made me the person I am today and for that I am grateful in a way as I never realised my own strength!! I can finally put what you did behind me and after years of counseling I now know it was not my fault.

Me

Dear S,

I love you, you know that. I've poured my heart out to you. You know how I feel. I'm glad you've feelings for me too. I need you to let go of the past though and let yourself be loved again. I promise I won't ever hurt you. I just want to make you happy. Take a chance on me. It will be worth it.

M
    xx

• Advertisement

Dear, Friend

Well now you have me I a rut. I know you fancied me ages ago, but I didn't give you the chance. I guess its all came back to me and smacked me in the face for missing out on the chance to be with you. I want to tell you that I THINK I'm in love with you, but I know you've moved on, and it wouldn't be fair on you.

I know given the chance, it wouldn't work anyway. I just can't do it - I can't commit, I'm scared of being loved and cared for...I don't like things that would be good for me, because I know in the end I'd end up reining it and losing you as one of my best friends.

I hope you know I'm doing this for you - I want you to be with a person you deserve to be with - and its not me.

From,
    C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

To the Universe and the handsome Good Samaritan who sat at the table in front of mine at lunch. Thank you for making my heart leap. I didn't think it was possible. I hope the universe conspires for us to meet again, if just to look into your soft eyes and magnificent smile...and feel my heart leap.

dear kind stranger,

thank you for paying for my food. it most definitely gave me a nice ego boost and i can always use those. what a pleasant surprise to offer my card to the cashier and have her tell me that you had already paid for it. i hope you can imagine the smile you put on my face. :)

thankfully,
    a student and single mom who appreciated the financial break almost as much as the compliment

June,

I know I'm not supposed to be angry because you're sick. I know I'm supposed to be sympathetic, and I am. But do you really know just how devastating it is when you try to kill yourself? Really? We must be at twenty attempts now, and you still manage to check yourself out of the psych hospital whenever you choose. Only for the same thing to happen again.

It's been 5 long years of this, and I still start shaking and crying almost every time I hear the phone ring. The rest of the family are broken. Totally broken. Our parents are the most amazing people ever, and yet they are just constantly devastated. Our other sister is about to end up in the same situation you are, she isn't able to cope with it anymore.

And I am trying my best (from a distance) to support everyone, when I feel like giving in myself. My life is going well otherwise, but there's never any possible opportunity to celebrate that. Our entire lives revolve around where you are, what you're doing and many times whether or not you're dead or alive.

I can't even talk about this with anyone. The first time you confide in someone about your sister trying to kill herself is an investment. Even my best friends are now almost puzzled and have stopped asking how you are or how I am. Because, you fcking try it at every opportunity. I got a call in work last week about your last attempt.... some of my best friends in the world were in a meeting with me when I got the call. I was devastated, heart-broken, but I couldn't even tell any of them what had happened. They've all heard it too many times. I've heard it too many times. You are killing the entire family. You are seriously destroying the soul of every single one of us.

And every time, you send me a text. Usually it says 'Sorry about that, I was having a bad day'. Not FRICKING good enough. Not by a long shot.

And then, I think about it and I remember how sick you really are. And I know you're not trying to hurt anyone, and I know that you love us all to pieces. I just wish there was a solution. I love you more than anyone can understand. You are sooo unique and amazing and special and I just wish for one second you knew how much you mean to all of us.

Please don't do it again. Please forgive me for being angry - it's not at you, it's at the situation, it's at the sickness. I love you, I wish I could do something to show you how amazing you are. You're my big sister. You're my hero. I love you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Dear You

You still take my breath away you gorgeous sexy clever man.

Love

Your Girlfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Hey...

I know you read this..
    just wanted to say..

I hate you.
    You're terrible.

<3

Dear S,
    If we are meant to be, like I really feel we are, then I wish fate would hurry up and sort it out. I'm giving you time and space but I'm still still fighting for you with all my heart.

M
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

Dear M,

Hope you are well. I know things have not been good with you lately.
    I'm not really sure what to say to you if/when I see you.
    I got a shock when you told me you were having some personal issues
    and of course me being selfish, thought (well I had hoped) I was part
    of those issues.
    I thought something bad was going to happen to you but I would
    have no way of knowing if it did because we're not in contact much,
    thankfully, your medication is helping you and you say you're getting
    better slowly.
    I had everything played out in my head like a dream, you were having
    your issues, you would get over them and then whisk me away forever.
    Unfortunately, things do not work out that way, as much as I would love them
    to.
    I am selfish for thinking that you would walk away from your family, for me,
    I know you never ever would. Your kids are your life, I accept that, but it
    still hurts that you had to make the choice and that your choice wasn't
    me.
    I am trying to move on with my life and find somebody else but I don't think
    I will ever love anyone as much as I loved you, and I still do, I still care for you
    even when you turn around and say that "nobody cares".
    I love you now and I always will, I miss you and I hope I see you soon. XxX

Dear Friends

I trusted you to read my first 'publishable' book. You have it well over a month now and I know one of you can't be bothered to read it, while I'm sure the other has read it, but doesnt want to talk about it.
    My family gave me feedback. Why can't you? You can't even be bothered to bring the subject up. I feel hurt and 'exposed'.
    All I have learnt from this is I won't be letting you read anything of mine again.
    :(

dear stalker,

thanks to you I'm actually worried that can't use my real boards account anymore.
    I don't have any connection to you and your connection to my boyfriend was years ago! And he hated you, it was your mate he dated. So get over it, whatever drama they had back then was theirs- it does not involve you and certainly doesn't involve me.

So seriously, stop reading my posts and never casually turn up somewhere you know my boyfriend and I are going to be again, it's just far to creepy (maybe it was my fault for posting it on boards though. That certainly won't happen again).

cheers.

Dear Son,

As I look at you now, you look so peaceful lying on the bed. But we are in a war together, me you and your mummy, for your life. This is so unfair on you, you are only three and the most beautiful, intelligent boy on this planet. All the doctors and nurses say so too.

When you arrived on this planet 3 years ago last Saturday, it was the greatest moment of my life, I knew we would be best friends and we have done everything together since. I love you so so so so much, I cant tell you how you make me feel and how distressing it is for me to see you in this condition.

Fight little man, we will get through this together and beat this cancer. We will spend Saturday mornings in the coffee shop again and play endlessly in the back garden, in the living room, your bedroom, wherever you want. Its a miracle you have already gotten this far and I know you can make it to the end. My heart has been absolutely destroyed by this, its like watching a part of me, the most beautiful loving part of me suffer.

I love you with all my heart and soul my beautiful beautiful boy. Fight.

Daddy

My God.
    Sometimes life is just incredibly unfair.
    I hope your son recovers. I hope he knows how much you love him.I hope you get to tell him every day for the rest of his life.
    I'm not the most religious person, but I hope with all my heart that whatever God is up there watching over us, is watching extra hard over you and your son and your wife.

Dear /////.
    I would love to have a truthful conversation with you but I know this will not happen.
    I moved here full of hope and I believed that if I waited that you would have done all that you promised by now. Instead I am still waiting for you to make some changes in your life which would lead to what you promised me.
    I was promised a sum of money to put aside for my long term future which I have yet to get from you. You recently organised something for me at the last minute when someone said we must do something for ///.
    Well at this stage I have had enough of being available to make everyone else life easier. I have enough of listing to you talk about money when I sign on the dole each week. I have been making and working on plans recently with out you knowing about them.
    I hope my plans will work out in the next few months but at that stage it will be to late to change your broken promises to date. I don't care how my plans effect you as you have shown me nothing but contempt over this last period of time. I can't wait to tell you how my plans have worked out. This is the only thing keeping me from giving you a few much need home truths at the moment. As the song says - you don't realise what you got till it is gone.

Dear /// and ///.
    I went to an event to see you both there and once again /// is pregnant.
    Child number // and when this one is born you will have a few under 7.
    Do you know how hard /// is finding this pregnancy when the rest of the children are small and because of her age. Do you think it is about time that you did something to make sure you have no more children.

I know another member of your family and they are not happy that you keep having children. They know how much your parents helped you out before you got married and how your parents have been helping you out money wise since you got married.

Meanwhile your family member and there other half have both been working 40 to 60 hours a week to pay the bills. They did without things to save money to have better options long term which worked out for them. They had some problems themselves and some money would have made life easier but they never asked your parents for money at any stage.

They watched you have a few periods of unemployment due to the nature of the work you do. The job you are in at the moment is not secure meanwhile you and your wife keep having children even though you know this.
    But why not when you know your parents will help you out money wise if your out of work again. What would happen if /// had problems with this pregnancy or if the baby has problems? What happens if you are made unemployed in the present climate?
    At this stage you need to realise that you can't have anymore children as you already finding it hard to bring up the family you have and your parents won't always be there to help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

You,

I watched you this morning playing with her, doing the most ridiculous things to get her to do that incredible little belly laugh she does. My heart felt so big I thought it was literally going to burst. I felt my eyes starting to stream I was so happy. A moment or so later you turned around to see me crying. You smiled and called me a soppy eejit.

I had to laugh, you are so right. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

Dear Mr. I work in a bank!

You have given me my fire back in such a short time. thanks

• Advertisement

Dear cute boy,

I know you want to, so just kiss me! I've had enough of the flirty e-mails and the longing glances on nights out.

Hopefully, when it does happen, it'll be magic. If you're one of those washing machine types, I'll be bitterly disappointed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Dear everybody

If a family member who was lost through adoption comes into - or back into your life - don't go overboard welcoming them promising to be there for them always and then abandon them when the novelty wears off.

Yours faithfully

Heartbroken

P.S. They overcame many bureaucratic obstacles to find you - the least you can do is lift the damn phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
    Kate,

When you died my world collapsed! I lost my reason for being, the centre of my universe and the measure of my happiness.
    I'll be honest, manys a time the thought of life without you has brought me some very dark thoughts....But you know me ;)
    I'm stubborn and that would imply a surrender that I hope I never have in me.
    And anyway I still have our Son, who's so like you that somedays its as if your still in the room :D
    And in a way you are, cos you are never more than a heartbeat away from my thoughts.

Its nearly 4 years now babe and it still hurts every day, every little thing always has an association with the years shared! Luckily apart from your death :(
    Every single memory of the time we shared together was a good one.....
    From our 1st kiss, to 12 yrs later and to our Son asking what kind of magician the priest was(And complaining about the stupid tricks) ;) at our last goodbye!
    Which I know I shouldn't have laughed at....
    But hey ;) look for humour in the dark to shine a light :) Didn't that attitude get us both through some dark days? ;)

But here's the thing Babe, I feel like I'm living in our past and I'm afraid!
    I'm terrified that moving forward means leaving you behind :(
    I feel like even considering being with someone else is cheating on you, betraying your memory and it kills me inside...
    I don't ever want to replace you but your not here.........:(
    I miss you so much Babe....
    Love ya more than chips ;) and always will

I posted the above a few months ago, and when I did I was genuinely lost and I had been for a long time.
    I was functioning, but only insofar as I wasn't drowning, it was a case of head down and power through.
    Its taken me an awful long time to get to this stage....
    And a woman with the patience of a saint to show me it was possible(Thank you C)....
    You gave me time, support and above all understanding, you made me believe in 'me' again.

I always thought that moving forward meant leaving what we had behind Kate, and I couldn't do that..
    Because what we had was my universe and loving you made me the man I am today,and when you died I had/have to learn who 'I' am all over again, cos we spent so long being 'us' that I didn't know who I am without you :(
    Yes I'm a still a little broken because you're not here.
    But I'm getting stronger and being the best Dad I can to our L'il monkey.

But now for the 1st time since you've died I can see, that moving on isn't leaving you behind....
    What we were, what you made me is all still here!
    I'm not cheating by 'moving on'
    I still want you, but I know that I can't bring you back from the dead(and I think I've come to terms with that now and my life can be 'unpaused')
    But now I also want 'C'....
    I can close my eyes and for the 1st time since I met you all those years ago, I can see myself with someone else besides you in my future.
    I know that the only the reason I can do that is because I've finally 'accepted' your gone......

But I hope that 'C' can accept that I want her, and she's not a second best, or a consolation prize.
    She's won the piece of my heart thats left after you, and sure thats all I have left ;)
    She has been my(our) friend for a long time and its crept up on me slowly Kate, and she's put the pieces back together so slowly and carefully I never even knew it was happening!
    When I lost you I was alone in the crowd, we used to always be on the same wavelength....a look and we could tell each everything in a glance ;)
    Now I'm not so alone anymore.....and its down to 'C'

I still love and miss you every second Kate, and so does the l'il fella.
    I am what I am now because you loved me!
    And thats just one of the things you've done for me for which I'll always be grateful.
    Love ya more than chips and always will!

'C' Thank you for being there :) For being patient, for picking me up when I was down and holding me when I fall....
    It's early days, but you've shown me that life goes on, and moving on is possible.
    Thank you 'C'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

Mam,
    I am 5'4 and 9 stone 2 pounds, not obese, not disgusting like you say. You have given me such a complex about my body it's not even funny. I now look in the mirror and feel like I am about a size 20. You have me trying to lose weight even though people say I don't need to. I actually wonder are those people being nice to me or do I actually need to lose a stone?
    All the evenings where I was gone and told you I was with friends or shopping, I was actually in the gym sweating my a** off. But why can't I tell you? Here's why. Because I already feel such a failure around you that nothing I can ever do is good enough, I don't want to give you the satisfaction of gloating or whatever you do if some week I don't feel like going to the gym or walking. Or some week I don't lose weight. That's why.

You have no idea how much your behaviour affects me. To see people struggle with their weight and adding to the equation you telling me I am way overweight, makes me feel so bad about myself. I don't think I will ever love my body because of you. I pretend not to notice the dissaproving looks you give when I wear clothes you don't like. I see you looking at my stomach to see has anything changed. Well seen as you worry about my weight just as much as I do, you should have noticed that I lost 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

There are so many other things I could write here about your behaviour and how it hurts me but you forget so easily. I will never, ever, as long as I live forgive you for the way you act towards me sometimes. I wish I could but no. In the last few years I have stopped listening to you so much and it is only now I realise that it is inexcusable the way you behave. If only you realised all the things/problems/obstacles/low points I haven't told you about in my life because of fear of being told it's my own doing, you might regret your behaviour towards me. It's never going to change and I hope if and when I bring my own children into this world, they will never for one minute feel a shred of the sadness and unwantedness I have been subjected to for the last 26 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Dear You,
    You're an ass and you've dragged me along behind you way too long. So seeya!
    Me

sorry. i just did it. no reason or rhyme. and i wan't to take it back.... because i don't wanna lose this. ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Dear X,

Why do I still care about you and want to speak with you! It's infuriating. You don't seem to care all that much about me, you won't fight for me, so why do I keep trying to make things right between us. I always do this. Other people are inconsiderate and hurtful towards me and rather than getting pissed off and moving on, I dwell on it and try to make the other person rectify their actions. Maybe I'm not a realist after all....It would be so weak to contact you...

Me

I feel like I can breath. I feel fiery. I feel free. I feel like me. For the last year and a half I have been a shadow.
    Half the person I was. So set on making you happy.Wearing those clothes.Not getting my hair cut.Wearing eyeshadow.
    I wake up with relief that it's over. I go asleep calm. The dull ache in my chest is gone. My hair is gone.
    You tried again,to sneak in and make me think you were doing me a favor by taking me back. But I'm sorry love.
    I have to be strong. I have to be strong for me. The crippling depression and fear and longing and constant need for
    approval, appraisal have taken their toll. I feel old. All I wanted was for you to like me,to want me to say something nice.
    I'd spend hours making a nice dinner, and all you would say would be yeah it was grand. Use a ****ing ash tray. It drove me mad.
    I just washed that ****ing floor!I can continue listing every negative aspect of you but whats the point? All I can remember is the first
    6 months.the hotels,the caravan,the sea,the pubs,the camping,the driving,the laughing,the hangovers,the sex,the dvds,the food
    .....that's what I want back. That's what I want forever. But we changed. Things happened which would crush anyone,deaths,miscarriage,job-loss
    we lost the fizzy and stayed because we clung to each other because no one else understand the damage. We depended on each other too much
    for our happiness.
    I have never felt so much mixed emotions over a person ever before. But now I realise I have to let you go. We both need to be independent of each other.
    We need to separate.
    You told me after 2 days 'I'm gonna fall in love with you' and you did. And that's the nicest thing anyone has ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ToffeePops

Dear Mother

You have no idea what has happened to me in my life and are completely clueless about the past few months. My head has never been so messed up in all my life, but for once I am really positive about the future, though this is probably because I am excited you won't be in it.
    I told you about my problem twice and both times you barely listened to me, you're not interested and that is clear to me. I will never mention it to you again since you couldn't care less.
    Its ok though because I'm telling myself its because you don't really understand, you're old and this didn't happen in you're day, I'm probably being dramatic, or maybe I wasn't clear enough?
    You see I'll always make excuses for you, no matter what anyone ever says because you're my mam and I love you.
    I really do love you, and I always will, but I really wish you'd act like a mam and parent me one last time before I leave for the big bad world on my own because if you don't mam, I might never come back.
    xxxxxxxx

• Advertisement

Dear S,
    I miss you. I love you, lots. Been trying to deny it to myself to help me move on but I can't kid myself. I still really hope that everything will work out for us in time.

xx M

Advertisement