Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear you
    Thank you. You're thousands of miles away but you still took time out of your day to talk to me.You've no idea what that little chat meant to me tonight. To know that you still think of me and care about me after all this time, you've no idea how much i appreciate that.
    I wish you were here, I wish it could've worked out. I miss you too. So much.
    You were without a doubt the nicest, kindest, warmest man I've ever met. As much as it hurt when you left, I'm so glad I met you. I wish you every happiness, from the bottom of my heart, I hope you have the most beautiful blessed life and achieve all your dreams. I hope you fall madly in love one day, settle down and have lots of babies :). You deserve every happiness.

Love always

Me xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Thanks babe. I know that if I said that to you, you'd say sure thats what I'm here for, you don't need to thank me. But I'd like to.

S,

I never I thought I would have to get over you, but now that I do, I never thought it would be so hard. I miss you and I love you as much as ever, I just want you back. :-(

M xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

D,
    I get that you have a new life and can't be around everytime I need you anymore. I understand I treated you like crap when you and I were friends and I know I didn't appreciate how much of a friend you were.

I kno you haven't shut me out of your life delibrately -- that it's just how life goes, but don't expect me to be standing around waiting for you to be free because, believe it or not, my life has changed dramatically too.

Were not the same people as we used to be and sometimes, like today, I find myself wondering if we should just draw a line under every thing we once had?

Love,
    siatc.

Dear mum
    I'm sorry you have depression, I really am. But I don't understand why you take all your anger out on me. It's not fair. My whole life I've felt like I was the parent and you were the child. You know the way you treated me when I was little was wrong, by today's standards I'm sure it would be considered emotional abuse, maybe even physical abuse. Do you know how much that has shaped me into the person I am today? My whole life you've never really believed in me, you've put me down, said some awful things to me. I know you do love me, and in some ways that make's it even harder to take, if you really did hate me i could understand, but treating someone you love like that? It's pretty low. Sometimes it's like a switch flicks in your head and you're another person, and everything I do is wrong, the venom and resentment you show to me when your angry, it's hard to believe that you don't mean it. My self esteem is understandably in the gutter, how could it be any other way? I had made some great progress in the last few years but over the last few months I've had to move home, you've slowly started chipping away at it again. I'm sorry you're unhappy, but it's not up to everyone else to make you happy. It's not my fault you feel this way. Please stop blaming me.

Me.

• Advertisement

To the girl on the 66 bus this morning,

Thank you so much for your kind smile & general niceness as I sat in tears on the bus. I couldn't say thank you to you but I really appreciate that a complete stranger could have showed such thoughtfulness.

I always try to find the silver lining when I'm having a sh*tty day & today, that was you.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Crying girl xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

To you,

I grew up with vodka bottles hidden in cupboards, bruises hidden under a thick skin, and parents who didn't know how to be parents. So forgive me if I don't have a tolerance for those people who drink their lives away; what you call a disease, I call a weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Dear Parents,
    Stop treating me like I'm a live-in maid. To be honest I'm bloody sick of it. I get that I'm on holidays from college, and I'll do a bit, but I'm not going to do everything everyday while ye're at work, and on Saturdays and Sundays too when ye're here. I have stuff to do too. I have a life, friends and a boyfriend I need to see. More than ever this week, but ye don't seem to get that. So chill out with asking me to do stuff. IF I have time, I'll do it.
    Skintwin.

Dear B,
    You looked so great last week when I saw you. Thanks for the hug, it felt really nice. I love being around you - you make me feel good too. I think about you more than I should. I wish you wouldn't keep punishing yourself over events that happened in your past. You are such a sweet man. I'm here for you any time you need me.

Love,
    Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Mam,
    I don't know what to say, I'm feeling so let down by you right now and honestly this time it's gonna take me a long time to come back around...

You've made me feel by your actions last week that you don't care for me as much as my brothers and sisters.... I know deep down that this isn't truly how you feel but I'm hurting right now:(

I know that your lack of empathy due to your upbringing contributes to events last week but right now I don't want to be rational cos I'm fcukin sick and tired of not having a fully functioning mother cos of past events:(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

dear f,

i am really sad to hear the recent news. i just cannot believe it! you didn't deserve to die, you had so much ahead of you! you were a very smart young lad with so much to offer!
    rest in peace, you will not be forgotten!

x

Dear I,

I miss you so much. All I want to do is call you but i can't, i hope you are ok. I think about you all day everyday. I know your hurt but I am to. I hope some day we will get this train back on track until then, know that i care very much and pray that we are going to be ok.

Love you always,
    S

dear G,

I still remember the night of our college Christmas night out, me and you left early and walked down Grafton St and looked at the Brown Thomas window display.

It was freezing out and u linked me, why did i not kiss you , i wanted to kiss you, i regret every day not kissing you but instead i walked you to a taxi and let you go home with out letting you know i was in love with you but dispite being outgoing with the rest of the class i was always felt like a nervous little boy around you........... if i could find you now i would tell you exactly how i felt that night and if the time was right i would ask you out , but this time i would kiss you

We've been dancing around each other for a few years now, and who knows, maybe one day we'll finally get the steps right.

But just know this one thing,

...it's always been you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dub2012

To my You
    my girl who is my life has stopped talking to me.. I am in deep pain. Your words made me realise that i she could be thinking like you.May be she has right reasons to wrong me..I ll continue to love her, i ll wait for her till the very end...Thanks for your words,even though not meant for me...
    I wish she reads it, call me and give me my hopes and our dreams back
    from only yours
    missyou2 wrote: »
    Dear I,

I miss you so much. All I want to do is call you but i can't, i hope you are ok. I think about you all day everyday. I know your hurt but I am to. I hope some day we will get this train back on track until then, know that i care very much and pray that we are going to be ok.

Love you always,
    S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Dear family, dear friends, dear anybody I've known,

I have let each and every one of you down, some of you over and over again. Believe me when I say that I'm sorry. I make plans. I say I'll be there and at the last minute, I cancel. Maybe I don't even cancel, maybe you go to meet me and maybe you wait and wonder why I don't show up. Maybe you even worry.

I wish I could help you to understand. I wish I understood. Sometimes I wake up and truly, getting out of bed seems like such a chore. I do read your messages, or I watch as your name flashes on the screen of my phone indicating your call but genuinely, I am too mentally exhausted to pretend. I can't answer and give you a mundane excuse. The truth really is that whatever I've found myself in the grips of is simply too over-whelming.

I'm sorry I keep you all at arms length. I'm sorry that everything is just so vague. I'm sorry that I don't let you know often enough how much I love you, and appreciate you. Actions do speak louder than words, but sadly, the motivation for any action is severely lacking in me so I hope that just for now, words can be enough.

Novella wrote: »
    Dear family, dear friends, dear anybody I've known,

I have let each and every one of you down, some of you over and over again. Believe me when I say that I'm sorry. I make plans. I say I'll be there and at the last minute, I cancel. Maybe I don't even cancel, maybe you go to meet me and maybe you wait and wonder why I don't show up. Maybe you even worry.

I wish I could help you to understand. I wish I understood. Sometimes I wake up and truly, getting out of bed seems like such a chore. I do read your messages, or I watch as your name flashes on the screen of my phone indicating your call but genuinely, I am too mentally exhausted to pretend. I can't answer and give you a mundane excuse. The truth really is that whatever I've found myself in the grips of is simply too over-whelming.

I'm sorry I keep you all at arms length. I'm sorry that everything is just so vague. I'm sorry that I don't let you know often enough how much I love you, and appreciate you. Actions do speak louder than words, but sadly, the motivation for any action is severely lacking in me so I hope that just for now, words can be enough.

Please try to show this to the people closest to you, I promise you it'll mean the world and more to them. You've described something that so many people find so hard to put into words. You have a gift, and maybe that's your way out, maybe it'll be the thing that helps you cope.

I hope you feel better within yourself soon, I'll be thinking of you.
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

To my boyfriend,

I want to give you the space the you need and perhaps I need. But I'm afraid if I let you go I'll never get you back. After 7 years together it's hard for me to think about not being together.
    Maybe it'll turn out to be the best thing for us and we'll come back stronger than ever. We might realise exactly how much we love each other.
    Or we might realise that we're ok on our own. It's not as bad or scary as we thought it would be.
    But is it worth the risk to break up in the hopes the end result will be better? I'm not sure I can take the risk but don't want to do further damage.
    I know I love you and love being with you. I hope we make the right choice.
    Xxx

To Mam,
    I wish you were here to advise me on all of this. I want to pick up the phone and cry to you. I want to hear you comfort me and tell me everything will work out. I want to know if you're proud of me. I wish I got the chance to tell you everything.
    Seeing you as a shell of your former self hurts more than you know. I hope you're not in pain or not too scared. Even if you don't realise it, you're not alone.
    Thinking of you everyday.
    I love you more than anything and love you always. I wish I told you that just once.
    Xxx

Dear Life, funny how time passes you by so slowly, and so quickly, all at the same time.

……When I was a kid, I’d look at the teenagers walk past me in the street and think - ‘I can’t wait to be a grown up’.

……When I was a teenager, I’d look at the 20-somethings walk past me in the street and think -’I can’t wait to be a grown up’.

So much has happened in the past few years, I’ve lost friends who never mattered and gained friends who mean the world. I’ve met people who changed my life, and met people who turned it upside down and inside out. I’ve fallen in lust and I’ve fallen in love, and I’ve learned the difference between the two. I’ve smiled and I’ve cried, and done both at the same time; you never know what the world truly looks like until you see it as you smile with tears in your eyes.

I’ve lost myself, and yet found myself ten times over; each time as bittersweet as the first. I’ve talked, and I’ve listened, and I’ve learned to hear the words so often hidden in between each breath. I’ve learned that you cannot love another until you first love yourself, and that loving yourself means shattering the mirror…and embracing what you find in between the cracks.

I’ve discovered that regrets aren’t the endgame, they’re simply a propeller to drive you forward; so that next time you’ll build a memory instead of a ‘what if’. I’ve seen love grow and I’ve seen love fade, yet it hasn’t disillusioned me nor left me broken; its made me smile with the anticipation of things to come.

I’ve pushed people away, and discovered that those who love you will always push back…no matter how hard you try to shut them out. I’ve walked over the uncovered cracks, and I’ve let myself fall, because I realised that I should have let myself fall in the first place.

I’ve realised that life throws you its all, so it’s up to you to grab on to the good bits…and just deal with the bad the best you can. Perhaps it would be easier to sit out of the game; to spend your life watching from the sidelines..but where’s the fun in that? Where’s the ‘life’ in that?

....25 years later, I walk past a Mother and her child in the street, and I think - ‘ I can’t wait to be a grown up’.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

Dear ______________
    I haven't wanted to go out with anyone since I broke up with you. Not because I want you back, but because I never want a relationship like that again.

When I'm alone I can call a friend or visit or do whatever. When I was with you I was alone and had none of those options.
    I can go out on a Saturday night.
    I can read in bed.
    I can eat what I like without having eyebrows raised.
    I can go to my friends' parties and stay as late as I like.
    I can talk to whomever I like for however long I like.
    I like myself better when you're not around.
    I don't have to make excuses for your rudeness anymore.
    I don't have to put up with your family rows. The bull&*^$!
    Nobody gives me the silent treatment.
    I can go on holidays.
    I don't get reminded of things I did 6 months ago (and they say women do that!)

I know I could always do those things with you, you were very careful to make that clear, but now I get to do them without arguments. Life is good. Life is simple. I haven't cried since I broke up with you.
    I have more fun without you. I am more fun without you. I have more confidence without you. I have more passtimes without you.
    Dunno why I'm still angry with you, could be that I've never said these things to you, but hopefully this will help. I think I'm angry cos I still can't trust a guy to not become an complete prick after a couple of years the way you did. How do I start a relationship and have trust that it'll turn out ok when ours turned to crap from such a good beginning?

• Advertisement

Haha Chris, guess what? I went to the States without you. Good luck getting that far, loser. Also I know you lied about D being your kid, considering your sister gave birth to him, but I wouldn't put it past you and your family. Go back on welfare and leave me alone now!!! Sincerely, your educated and employed ex.

Dear everyone-

Please stop telling me to end it, or that I'm gonna get my heart broken, or that it's not gonna work.
    I'm so happy with him! YES I understand we're young and that it's long distance but he makes me so much happier than anyone in this country!
    Please don't begrudge my happiness, if it does end in heartbreak, at least I had the love I do now for as long as it will last. He is the sweetest, most caring guy I've ever met and he still gives me butterflies :)

Dear you-
    Thank you for everything and for believing in us, I can't wait to see you on the 31st.
    I love you!
    B xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

To my amazing boyfriend,

I'm sorry for everything I've done wrong in the past year, I've never meant to hurt you. I know I messed up so bad, it's never going to happen again. You're my whole world and I love you. Everything I do is to try make you happy, It's kinda what my world revolves around now.
    Thank you for all my chances.

You've given me so much, everything that you get you share, and I always try to do the same. I know I annoy you, and nag you and irritate you sometimes but it's my job :P Sometimes I just want your attention.

You saved me from so much before our relationship started, I have no idea where i'd be now or the person i'd be if it wasn't for you. I hate talking about it so I never find a proper time and a right way to say thanks.

Sorry for hassling you about being on the laptop a lot. Sometimes when i'm sitting there bored, I'd like a chat. It just annoys me, not that you're unaware of that ;)

I don't resent you for us having to cancel the holiday this year. As much as I act like I do and throw in some digs, I don't. I do know that it's not your fault and that it had to be done. We made the right decision, I just didn't know at the time, I was too upset and angry. We have November to look forward to now :)

Finally, You're gonna do great in your exams. I believe in you and you gotta believe in yourself. You've worked so hard and sacrificed so much, you really deserve to pass. No matter what happens, i'll support you in whatever you decide to do, you know that.

Love you so so much,

A x x

P.S: when you say you'll cook my steak so I don't mess it up, COOK MY STEAK :rolleyes:

Goodbye :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear My Wonderful, Amazing, Super Duper, Awesome, Kick Ass friends,

Thank you guys so much for the past 7 years :) What would I do without ye eh? :p Ye've saved my life on more than one occasion to which I am so grateful. Ye've slapped enough sense into me too...I think now it's only starting to absorb though :pac: But seriously, we've had our ups and down, but through it all ye've stuck by me. Through thick and thin. Hell and high f*cking water. We stick together. Through many fond, funny, yet disturbing moments :cool:

R, S, H, N, M...thanks for being here for me. Words cant describe how much ye mean to me. Last week, I did a sh*tty thing. I'm so sorry for that. But I aint going anywhere. I'm gonna kick this c*nt in the face and beat it. Fully this time. I love you guys so much and I know college has made us seperate (geographically that is) but I really think the past year has made us even closer. Bonds can never be broken between us. and next time I do something silly...ye have my permission to slap me :cool: R...you have this in writing now :pac: So guys...dont forget...in 10 years time...I dibs bridesmade/godmother :P I love you guys!

To the rest of ye who I havent mentioned...thanks for also sticking by me. I know I've made life hell a few times but I'd gladly take a bullet for all of ye :cool: Thanks so much! For all the fond memories!

Dont forget...I love you guys all so much. Never forget that :)

A

Xoxo Gossip Girl

Dear Anxiety,

Your getting a slap across the face if you dont f*ck off and leave me alone. I'm gonna beat you once and for all. No more mister nice IHeartChemistry. I'm gettign rid of you and stopping you ruining my life. I'm taking control of myself, my head and my body back. Its my life to live and I am NOT letting you control me anymore. I'm sick of it.

I hope you choke on your way out of my body. Just the way it feels like your choking me.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

Dear Minnieme,

I AM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I AM SMARTER THAN YOU, OLDER THAN YOU AND WISER THAN YOU....................JUST ACCEPT IT.

From me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

When are we going to give up this back and forth and admit we kinda sorta maybe might love each other a bit?

Darling,

It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do to let you go. But I love you, so thats what I did. I cant change how you feel and I wouldnt want to try.

I'm back doing what we used to do together and it reminds me of you so much. We had so much fun. Now I know why I shirked it all summer and went a little crazy and lost my mind again. Its good to be back at it, but its made me realise how much I miss you.

I wish you all the best, I really do. I'm glad we met. Sometimes if you cant get happy-ever-after, happy for a little while is the next best thing :)

xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Dear K,

Yes I do resent you.You're the reason I'm sitting in crying and not getting ready to go out like i should be,You're also the reason I have no college friends.Please just let meend this relationship I do love you but you aren't good for me and I know you're not doing it purposefully but I need to be me again.It's been a great two years but I cant do it.

Please just **** off.

Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Dear everyone.....................

I'm sooooooooooo happy I could burst just about now...............Sh1t is working out and it feels great.....:D:D

P.s Thanks Mam...........You always seem to turn stuff around when I least expect it!!! Sorry for my rant earlier during the week on here even if you dont know about it:(:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

How can you do this to me? I never thought I would find myself in this situation. You can't just leave me waiting like this, it's cruel, you're being so selfish, you're hurting me - you know it but don't feel it. If you're going to do it, just do it. Don't treat me like this

Advertisement