Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

R, E, n' Me: I thought this journey of self-discovery would resolve our issues. I sure hope it's worth it in the end, because this journey is becoming unbearably painful with no end in sight... and my strength is waning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Dear you

How can you be so thoughtful and nice to everyone but me.
    I'm really not a bad person, you have made me question my faith in human nature.
    No ones perfect least of all you.

It must be lonely in your perfect world where you are always right.
    Is it so hard to say sorry and take some of the blame.

Dear Friend,
    I have known you a long time and have been there when you needed a friend.
    I know that you want to get married, have children and give up your job.
    I have watched going out with men for a short period of time and then brake up.
    You only had to pick up the phone to ask me to go to any social event with you. I rarely said no even if it was not what I would normally go to.
    Suddenly everything has changed as you have started to go out with /////. He has known you for a few years and he finally asked you out. I did not see you for a while and you called into see me and said I won't forget you now I am going out with /////.
    Well since then you have not sent me as much as a text message. I don't expect you to give your Sat night out with //// but I expected an odd text message or phone call.
    Why don't you ring me and arrange a night out during the week or meet me for a coffee on a Saturday?
    I just want to let you know that if you don't make some effort with me shortly our friendship won't last. I won't drop everything like I did in the past for you.
    I don't like being used. This happened to me before with someone else who once they met there other half they forgot about all the times I was there before he arrived.
    I don't think you and //// will last as a couple. When you realize this you may find that I won't be around every time you want to go out and you will only have yourself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Its just all fallen apart without you. Im trying, but its been a year. When does it get better?

I miss you so much. I know you've moved on. But I can't help it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Still.Here wrote: »
    R, E, n' Me: I thought this journey of self-discovery would resolve our issues. I sure hope it's worth it in the end, because this journey is becoming unbearably painful with no end in sight... and my strength is waning.

It will get better, hang in there :)

you still have your friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

you know who you are,

i really really miss you, we might not see each other for months but we just click back int place all the time :P

i just wanna be your girlfriend again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

That's ok. Stand me up. Whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I would not wish you on my worst enemy. Truthfully.
    When your darkness lifts, it is difficult to remember how distorted things can become. Yet every time it comes back, the weight of its familiarity is almost crushing.

I wish I wasn't the person engulfed in you. It's hard. You make my life so hard. I see people I went to school with - they have degrees and jobs they love. They have boyfriends or girlfriends, or even just friends they laugh with, dance with and tell all their secrets to. They live. I know that everything looks perfect from far away. I know that they have their problems too, but they live.

I don't live. I exist.

I don't have a degree. I've never even made it through the first year. I have tried, but you come and get me. I find myself unable. Suddenly all the things I'd looked forward to become the things I avoid. You're back.

You take all of the good from me, and you make it close to impossible to explain. That's why it's so difficult for me to maintain my relationships. I do not want you to have an affect on anybody else, especially somebody I love. And they don't seem to understand that. To them, I'm pushing them away. Really, I'm protecting them.

I only wish someone protected me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear Mister Ex,

So yea its really over. I pulled a shiitty stunt. Made you feel awful. Now I'm the one being made feel guilty. Just because I said all that craap when I was in that state doesnt ever mean I meant it. So yea, fine it's over. I can deal with that. But dont you dare take what I did or said personally. It was never about you. It was about ending my own physical pain. Yes, I said some terrible things. Yes, I should not have said them. But it was both of us. We both messed this up. Wheather you wanna admit it or not. I'll take responsibilty for my part. Just dont hold it over my head for too long. I need treatment. It feels like I'm being punished for being unwell and ill. You want space? I'll give it to you. I just hope someday in the future you will give me a second chance. I deserve that at least. At least I have enough common sense to know what I did was wrong.

I've said sorry too many times and I refuse to grovel anymore. Come talk to me when your ready. But as of now, I'm done. Stop blaming me. Your drink problem was tearing me apart. Your drug problem was tearing me apart. And please realise...I NEVER f*cking well blamed you! You need to realise...stuff people say when they are in these states is a reflection of how awful they feel at the time. I was not thinking straight. So in a sense...you need to cop on. Letting me go from your life 100% is a big mistake. But hey...your loss.

Kind regards,

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Dear ....
    I can't stand this arguing anymore, I'm finding things so hard I need your support an encouragment, not just to hear when I do things wrong. Pnd is affecting me so much and i'm trying really hard to make things better, I don't want to make things hard for you or for us I want us to be happy like we were before, you've heard all this before and give out about me saying it again but I don't know what else I can do or say at this stage, I love you more than anything x x x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

... I get the feeling that it can't go on much longer. I hate it, but I can't see any way around it. I don't want to do it, but I'm terrified that I'll have to...

Dear you,

I know I'm acting irrational and over emotional. This isn't me. I haven't felt like me in months. I like you a lot, I get all those feelings of being head over heels in love when I'm with you but feelings of doubt and guilt keep creeping in and it's messing me up. I feel so so insecure about myself and everything else. I moved on before I was ready, before I had time to heal and get over him. This isn't fair on you and I'm praying that it will get better. I do want this to work.

Love,
    me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Dear Z,

Are we actually going to do this?! :):D I guess I'm not done shocking people in 2011 yet, but I'm done with caring what they they think!

I LOVE you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daizo

Dear everyone

Please stop asking me why i havnt bothered getting my drivers license yet, i dont make my dad get up in the morning to drive me to work for fun. I'd love to tell you that i have to wait til im one year seizure free but somehow I dont think you would know how to respond and so for now ill just pretend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I actually will not tolerate this.

But I'm going to be as hella smart about it as I can.

This crap is not happening again. :) Not a threat, a promise.

Blush xx

Dear x

You are so selfish. You are so lazy.
    Get up off your ars*e and make a fu*king effort.
    Stop moaning about how your life is so crap. How sh* everything is.
    It's sh*t because all you do is complain. You have no idea how easy you have it. You've never had to work for anything in your life. You're 26 and you've never had a job. How sad is that. You actually have no clue of the value of money. How hard some people have to work for it.

Reality Check - Life does not hand you a job/partner/success.
    You need to cop the f**k on. A job is not going to fall into your lap. It's a complete joke, You won't even apply for most of the jobs you see because they aren't the pretentious snotty types of job you want. Tough. You have to start at the bottom and work up. Everyone does.

You're pissed off because every time you meet someone, they get bored of you. The hillarious thing is you blame them! You delude yourself that they're the one with the problem! HELLO!!! Why would they stay with you when you have nothing to offer them!?! They keep leaving/dumping/getting bored of you, because you have no motivation or drive or ambition, not one ounce! yeah a career isn't everything, but why would they want to be with someone who sits around all day moaning and doing nothing. It's so unattractive.

Stop the woe is me act. I'm ****** sick of it.

Me.

Dear ..

Please just stop.

Stop, and let me love you.

daizo wrote: »
    Dear everyone

Please stop asking me why i havnt bothered getting my drivers license yet, i dont make my dad get up in the morning to drive me to work for fun. I'd love to tell you that i have to wait til im one year seizure free but somehow I dont think you would know how to respond and so for now ill just pretend
    thats bloody awful:(
    hope u get through one more year seizure free:D and get behind that wheel

Dear xxx

You broke me. Everyone asks if maybe we could try again, but if they could only see the pieces of me that you scattered across the floor; then they'd see that there can never be another us, we can never be put back together like we were before.

You changed me. I've become more cynical - perhaps for the better, and I've learned to love with a heart hidden behind walls of steel. Is that even really 'love' though? I always thought that loving someone meant giving them your all; but I gave my all to you, and I don't know if I can ever do that again. It took so long to put myself back together, that I can't risk the chance that I could once again fall apart.

You loved me. I haven't forgotten that part, I haven't forgotten the good times - I promise you that. But it's just that they were so often outweighed by the bad...that they sometimes get lost in the haze. I loved you, I loved you with every single part of me, but I've learned that love just isn't enough. Love doesn't always make you happy.

You've moved on. And as have I, but it doesn't make the memories any easier to bear. Sometimes they come flooding back, and I'm right back there, I'm right back there stuck in the middle of nothing with you. And sometimes I cry. I'm not ashamed of it, I won't deny it, and I don't think it makes me any less of a person. It doesn't mean I'm not over you, it doesn't mean I'm weak...it means I'm human.

You're still here. And I'm glad, I'm glad you're still around. I'm happy with how things are. But, just remember that it all can't be forgotten with the turn of the page, there's always going to be that residue, and sometimes things that shouldn't hurt are going to sting like hell. That's the sacrifice you make when you fall in and out of love.

Lets move forward not back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Dear D

Thanks for kissing that guy in front if me last night after I made the effort to come out just for you,thanks for texting me this morning to ask "what happened",thanks for not apologizing but mostly thanks for leading me on the last few weeks after that brilliant first date and the talks we had,I done my best for us but you didnt want to know and now im finished with you for good.

yours sincerely Mr too good for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 FreedomRevived

To my ex,

You are an ass for dropping me on my daughters birthday after 3 years, and then you wouldn't even put your feelings aside for 10 mins to stay and do her birthday cake. Way to go, would waiting 1 day have killed you?

That was a really low thing to do to a child and really helped me in knowing that we weren't ment to be and that really your paranoid ass wasn't worth the hassle, So SCREW YOU asshole, I'm so glad you are gone out of our lives!

to my ex,you english deceiving cheating psychotic piece of worthless dirt. i trusted you,after never fully trusting a guy before and you threw it back in my face by cheating on me the last 2 months of our relationship.and you would have left me lingering longer but she found out and messaged me.and after bonding with her,or so i thought,and when she went mental and believed your crap and vented her anger on em instead of you,the guilty one, i realised im much better off than either of ye bringing me down and ye deserve each other.enjoy her mentalness.its only what you deserve!!! GOODBYE SCUMBAG!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

^^ Sounds ridiculously familiar.

Dear you. This happened like 4 years ago. FOUR. I was mad, I was angry I was the one scorned but for the last 4 years you have followed me onto other sites I was on to piss me off and annoy me. I moved on with my life found someone new and settled down and you stayed in the background waiting and successfully pissing me off.

EVERY SINGLE place I now go on the internet you are there to ****ing annoy me some way or another. You certainly know how to push my buttons because you are learning from him. It's sad. I am a different person, personality still the same but different thoughts, opinions, values after what life has thrown at me, you do it in a way that no one will ever understand, but I see and to say it annoys me would be an understatement.

Can you please stop? I am on these boards to give my opinion I have made friends here. I was in a different county from you and now in a different country but you refuse to stop.

Grow up please and find someone else to annoy.

SD

Dear D

Thanks for kissing that guy in front if me last night after I made the effort to come out just for you,thanks for texting me this morning to ask "what happened",thanks for not apologizing but mostly thanks for leading me on the last few weeks after that brilliant first date and the talks we had,I done my best for us but you didnt want to know and now im finished with you for good.

yours sincerely Mr too good for you.
    *hugs*
    to my ex,you english deceiving cheating psychotic piece of worthless dirt. i trusted you,after never fully trusting a guy before and you threw it back in my face by cheating on me the last 2 months of our relationship.and you would have left me lingering longer but she found out and messaged me.and after bonding with her,or so i thought,and when she went mental and believed your crap and vented her anger on em instead of you,the guilty one, i realised im much better off than either of ye bringing me down and ye deserve each other.enjoy her mentalness.its only what you deserve!!! GOODBYE SCUMBAG!!!
    i could have wrote this post:eek:

dear muppet

why do i bloody miss you when your such a d*ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear boyfriend,

You look so bloody cute when you're sleeping... :o You make me want to just cuddle up beside you but I don't want to wake you.

I love you. xx

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear friend,

You've really hurt me recently with your petty behaviour. So don't be surprised if I don't bother making the effort with you much anymore, because clearly I'm not worth the effort to you. It was nice while it lasted though.

Me

Dear Mum & Dad

I'll try harder to be a good daughter.

Fifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bohochic

dear Smith

ive never hurted so much in my life. its like i have been stabbed lots of times in the chest. why did you waist nearly 3 years of my life to just leave me like that.

i cant think and im just broken, i haven't seen u in two weeks and im craving you. how do i stop feeling like this.

C

ps. i threw you crap away!

Dear A,

You just dropped a bombshell on me. The minute I read your text saying you just wanted to be friends, my heart sinked. I wish you would give us a chance but I know I'm just being selfish because you said you don't want a relationship. Wish you had told me that from the start though...all those weekends we spent together...our date last week...

Funny thing is, I think you do really like me but you just want to play the field at the moment. I don't know whether to wait for you or to stop seeing you altogether cos everytime I'm with you I fall for you even more..:(

xxx

Dear R,

Thank you more than I can say.

I'll probably never see you again, and I certainly won't be trying to get in touch with you, because I think we both know that'd be awkward (and not just a little bit). But I want to send this out into the ether and maybe it'll come back to you somehow.

What you did last night was as much for you as it was for me, and I know that. But you've helped me immeasurably. I climbed a wall I've been trying to climb for 5 years, I jumped off the top and someone caught me. I now believe in myself in a way I didn't for a long time. I've beaten a demon, to a degree. I can see myself in a different light - I'm not the same person I was before.

I wish you the very best from life. I hope only good things come your way. I also hope that if you're ever in a situation where you have something that's really challenging you, someone helps you out and you get through it in the best way possible.

I'll always think of you fondly.

TX

• Advertisement

Dear L,

Little did I know when I met you months ago that we'd still be hanging out and having such fun. I'm at the stage now where I'm getting attached, but you live so far away :( I've been holding off talking about what we're doing, but I dont want to be with anyone else. But do I want to commit to someone so far away?

What will we do??? I just dont know.

I'm mad about you

xxx

Advertisement