Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can't bring myself to tell you I love you and it's driving me crazy. I know you want me to. Every time I try to get the words out my head overrules me. Is it too soon? Am I being overcautious?

You make me happier than I've ever been. I don't think you realise the effect you have on me.

I know what I want. I just can't let myself embrace it.

I will get there.

x

Dear S

Its been 3 months since I left you and in those 3 weeks I have spent many a sleepless night wondering if I had made the right decision, should I forgive you? Should I take you back? Give you yet another chance? I went to lunch with my mother today and while we ate she started to cry. I asked her why and she said

" You're smiling! I haven't seen a real smile from you in nearly two years."

So S, I can now say that leaving you was the best decision I have ever made. I am moving on and building a new life for myself. Despite what you might think, I do not hate you. If anything I feel sorry for you, and I hope that you find a way to deal with your issues. I wish you all the best in life.

Dear DC,

You are the greatest friend a girl could ask for. You've stuck with me through thick and thin and I love you dearly. I truly do, but I'm not ready to commit to anything just yet. Its been a rough year for me and I appreciate your friendship, support and most importantly your love.

Can't wait to see you when you get home :D x

Dear Dad,

I love you and wish you didn't have to be away for so long. Poor Mum misses you more than anything, and loves you more and more everyday. We're all minding each other and I can't wait to see you when you get home in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Mammy, I've gotten a place on the course!

You always said I had a caring nature and that I'd do great things someday to help people like I helped you, well I'm on my way! :D

You're not here anymore but I believe you're always near and watching over me

I'll make you proud I promise.

Loving you always, your baby girl x x x

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Mum,

You have no idea how proud i am of you. You have overcome so much and I admire you so much for it.

Do not let him stand in the way of that. he may be my father, and i do care about him, but I will not let him beat you down to that shell of a person that you used to be. Have you looked in the mirror lately? you are just so much happier and stronger than I have ever seen you before. The fact that you decided to sign up for that course despite his comments before means everything to me.

I do not care that he's going through things. It is not an excuse for him to act the way that he does. Yes he has plenty of excuses but that's what the counselling and aftercare are for. He's ****ing regressing not moving forward. he doesn't want to move forward, then he'd lose control. Maybe I'm being heartless but 20 years of growing up with him will do that.

I do appreciate that he has changed in the last few years, and I'm glad for it. But he needs more. much more. And more importantly you need to stop defending him. Not when he's acting like this. If he wanted to change he would. I just don't see it. And I HATE to have to say that about my own father.

I don't know how you've have coped for so long and so well but you are an inspiration to me. I hope you know that. You deserved a much better life. You could have been amazing. I can only imagine how well you would have done if you had reached your full potential. And I apologise profusely if having me or the boys ever kept you back.

You are an amazing woman and you don't know that. You deserve a much better life than you got. A life with success and not ****ing drama everywhere.

I really do love you. I couldn't ask for a better mother, and I mean that despite all those years.

Your everloving daughter,
    XxMCRxBabyxX

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dad,

I'm Pregnant.

It's not what you ever wanted to hear from your unmarried daughter when you were alive and I was much younger, but I know if you were here you would be as happy as I am right now.

You put the fear of God into me and my sisters never to get knocked up, and I know now you only did it because you wanted us to go to college, to travel, to experience life, and not be left high and dry by a cad, worrying about money or bills. It was never about a wedding ring, I know that now.

I think you'd be proud of me for landing the fine man who is the father of my child, we both know what an amazing Dad he will be. As amazing as you, and thats no mean feat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Mum,

You have no idea how proud i am of you. You have overcome so much and I admire you so much for it.

Do not let him stand in the way of that. he may be my father, and i do care about him, but I will not let him beat you down to that shell of a person that you used to be. Have you looked in the mirror lately? you are just so much happier and stronger than I have ever seen you before. The fact that you decided to sign up for that course despite his comments before means everything to me.

I do not care that he's going through things. It is not an excuse for him to act the way that he does. Yes he has plenty of excuses but that's what the counselling and aftercare are for. He's ****ing regressing not moving forward. he doesn't want to move forward, then he'd lose control. Maybe I'm being heartless but 20 years of growing up with him will do that.

I do appreciate that he has changed in the last few years, and I'm glad for it. But he needs more. much more. And more importantly you need to stop defending him. Not when he's acting like this. If he wanted to change he would. I just don't see it. And I HATE to have to say that about my own father.

I don't know how you've have coped for so long and so well but you are an inspiration to me. I hope you know that. You deserved a much better life. You could have been amazing. I can only imagine how well you would have done if you had reached your full potential. And I apologise profusely if having me or the boys ever kept you back.

You are an amazing woman and you don't know that. You deserve a much better life than you got. A life with success and not ****ing drama everywhere.

I really do love you. I couldn't ask for a better mother, and I mean that despite all those years.

Your everloving daughter,
    XxMCRxBabyxX

Mum,

Me again. You read my blog post. I am so happy that you did even though I never thought that you would. But that didn't say half of what I wanted it to say. It couldn't as much as I wish it could have. Even this doesn't say it all but this is hardly private but it's more private than my blog. I advertise my blog. I don't advertise this.

I'm debating with myself as to whether I should show you this. I think it might be that bit too far.

I really do worry about you and love you a lot.

XxMCRxBabyxX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

XxMCRxBabyxX, I think you should copy and paste that to "The importance of your Mother" thread, what a wonderful mother you have, and she has had such a profound and deep impact on your life. Be very proud of yourself :)

Dear Dad,

Happy Birthday! You joked earlier with me that at your age you want to forget about birthdays, but i disagree. I want to celebrate every single one, and may there be many more. 6 months ago, we though we lost you, and even writing about it now makes me well up, the idea that you might not have been here is unthinkable to me. Your my rock, and I idolise you, I aways have.

So Happy Birthday Daddy, I love you

your xxx

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dear life,

You don't like me very much do you? :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Hey you,

You struck up a conversation with me and for months we were just friends, but we both knew it would eventually go somewhere else and when it did I already loved you! We went on our first date and it was lovely and then another and another and another! But that's where it all went wrong! You said you weren't ready for a relationship and you just wanted NSA! I knew this wasn't going to be ok with me in the long run but I thought "I'm a big girl now, I can do this, plus he'll eventually change his mind". You didn't did you!

Now 6 months later we have all the components of a relationship except no-one knows about us and we don't really do anything in public together because we're not in a relationship are we! You keep telling me I'm perfect and that I can do better than you, yes I can but I don't want anyone else! I want you and you have no idea how much!! Or maybe you do and fail to admit it and fail to admit to yourself how good a thing we could have!!

It hurts so bad when you say you don't want a relationship because I know it means you don't want one with me! And I know one day this will end because you'll found someone else and you'll be in a perfect little relationship with her, going for dinner and cinema and holidays etc! I dread that day!!

But until then, I'll look forward to your texts every day, your late night phone calls, the fun in bed and of course your amazingly soft side when you let something get to you and confide in me!!

I've loved you for nearly a year, I'll love you until you break my heart and I'll probably love you well after that too :(

From

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NakedIrish

Dear AE,

If you ever touch her again, I will kill you myself.

-S

• Advertisement

Dear S,

You ruined me. I'm a shadow of who I used to be. I want my life back. I want our life back. I miss you every day, but wish I didn't. You wasted many years of my life that I can't get back. I have nothing now and have to start everything from scratch.

And you left me because you were too selfish to try help me. I'm sure that you still love me, and that you're just too stubborn to change your mind. I hope you regret this decision and I hope it stays with you for the rest of your life. I hope you feel even a fraction of the pain I'm in. It's been a few months now and I still don't go longer than a few minutes without thinking about you - I hope that you're stuck with that too.

I fixed you and to thank me you broke me.

Yours forever,
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pinkhop

Dear A,

As much as I would like to believe it your not the total reason im a mess.
    Our relationship did something to me that wasn't good but I would never have got involved with you if I had been completely normal to start with. Im sorry I tried to blame our effed up relationship for everything. I'll always love you no matter what stupid things I have done since we finished.

I wish nothing but the best for you,
    x

Dear Me,

Sort yourself out! The drinking, the kissing every guy who pretends to be nice to you to make you feel good about yourself, the constant self citisism, the not eating.. it all stops now. No more pushing the big shiny self destruct button.

Respect yourself,
    You

Dear Dad,

Thank you for not judging me when I told you all the stupid things iv done in the last year. Thank you for not avoiding the fact that I need help.

Love you always,
    Your little girl
    xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

First time posting in here.

I have been going out with a girl for a year and a half. I am in love with her. Today I made the stupid mistake of forgetting she was picking me up from training. I upset her hurt her and made her doubt me. Sometimes I cannot believe how stupid I am to forget it. I am not that lad I don’t cheat, I try and make her feel special and be the best boyfriend I can. Some success I have made at that. I hurt her, made her feel like I took her for granted. I spent hours trying to phone and contact her. I have not cried in years but the tears came streaming down my face. I have never understood how she is so emotional in certain situation but as I sat down in the shower so my father could not hear me cry I have never felt as sorry for anything in my life. It has only been a few hours without contact from her and it just me and my younger brother in the house. I look at him and hope he never feels regret like what I am feeling at the moment. Emotions, thoughts and feelings just flowing through me. I cannot switch them off. Do I put a barrier in front of myself stop anyone asking how I really feel. Can anyone know. I am a red blooded GAA loving man that loves weights, partying having the craic with the lads. I am not supposed to feel like this. I feel like welling up every few minutes. It is only a break. But is it? Is it not the beginning of the end. My last experience of a break lead to a break up. I just want her and I want her happy. I can’t hurt her again. Sometimes I don’t understand the little things, I should know. I want her. I hope we work it out.

Im so sorry. I wish I could be better for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Dear life,

Bring it on.

Dear you.
    I do get it. Everything you said. I know. I knew it from the second I met you.
    I don't know how much you remember. But I hope you meant it. Because I meant every word I said. It's all going to end in tears. We're too alike. We'll only hurt each other.
    I think I've already messed it up.

So this is what it's supposed to be like this clicking thing. God everything else before this pales in comparison. We're the same.

I'm absolutely terrified. That was the real reason I couldn't tell you, I should've told you.
    If I let you in, you could really break my heart. Smash it to a million pieces. I've never given anyone that power, I've never wanted to before.

I don't know if I can take the risk but I'm not even sure if I have any choice in the matter.
    You're like a magnetic pull I can't escape from.

I know too much now, I don't want you to push me away, I think we need each other. Please trust me, give me a chance.

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Dear Boardsies

Thanks for all the good times, it's been one hell of a ride.:)

S.

Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bohochic

Smith

I want to scream at you and shake you right now. i want you to wake up and realize you still care about me. im so afraid right now, finding out about A that youre seeing her now! WTF! Seriously when did that happen! im terrified of your answer.

im so numb my eyes are stinging with the pain of crying. i feel like throwing up. i actually think death would feel less painful. you have destroyed me i am so broken and dont think ill ever be fixed. i wish i could plug you into my emotions but i think you would just shatter because they are so awful.

what did i do to deserve this.

C.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FreedomRevived

bohochic wrote: »
    Smith

I want to scream at you and shake you right now. i want you to wake up and realize you still care about me. im so afraid right now, finding out about A that youre seeing her now! WTF! Seriously when did that happen! im terrified of your answer.

im so numb my eyes are stinging with the pain of crying. i feel like throwing up. i actually think death would feel less painful. you have destroyed me i am so broken and dont think ill ever be fixed. i wish i could plug you into my emotions but i think you would just shatter because they are so awful.

what did i do to deserve this.

C.
    Trust me it gets easier x Just do stuff:)

No, No, No - I had to go and do it didn't I, I fell in love with you.
    I wasn't supposed to, it was only supposed to be fun and then bang it happened.
    After my previous relationship I thought I was immune, I thought I could control it.
    What now? I have no idea what to do and that scares me because I am usually so much in control of things.
    In theory we shouldn't match, but we do yet with all the complications and distance between us I can't see how it will work out they way I now know I want it too.
    I suppose all I can do it wait, what else is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Hey, Panic attacks? Guess what? I've held you at bay for over a week :D C'mon to kicking you in the face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Dear Me,

Stop! Enough with the wrong guys! Stop kissing guys just because they show a smidgen of interest in you! They aren't good for you! Also the exs! Stop going back to them too, they're ex's for a reason!

A good one will come along. You won't be alone forever and who cares if you are, you've great friends and family to see you through, you'll be fine, you always are!

Wait for the good one, it will be worth it.

Enough! It all ends here!

Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Dear Sam,

I'm fed up with this. I'm fed up with you and you're ways, a thousand 'you're beautiful's and saying 'I dont feel this way about any other girl' means nothing when whenever we're at a party you get drunk and flirt with every other girl you see.
    I was so stupid to think I could change you, I realise that now. When we met before the summer and my friends told me 'Oh that's Sam he's seriously fit and a hell of a kisser but he's such a man whore' I thought so what I can change that, I'll give it a go, he's worth it.

Boy was I wrong! I hate the way I get butterflies whenever I see your gorgeous face and your permanent grin and your eyes always laughing... but now I've realised that this just won't work. I wish it would.. but I know it won't, so I'm not gonna wait around for you anymore. When you've grown up a bit maybe we could try it again but for now we're over.

Sorry, I do have feelings for you I really do, no other guy has ever made me feel the way you make me feel... but it isn't worth all the nights I've spent crying after seeing you with another girl. It makes me look stupid and pathetic and all my friends wonder why I even bother with you, they don't understand the special connection we have.. but I'm neither stupid nor pathetic so I'm ending this now.

A

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the way to whoever started this thread: THANK YOU!

It feels so so good to just get it out of your system and it honestly feels as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Just vent this out here...

Dear P,

Your ex is in the country for a few weeks and you're meeting her for drinks this week. You asked my permission if this was okay (you didn't need to but I appreciate your honesty). I trust you completely and I've no reason to doubt you but still, the horrible jealousy kicks in. I hate this emotion. I won't act on it and just work through it myself because this is my problem, not yours. You've been nothing but great to me so far. It's a toxic emotion that rears it's ugly head on occasion which only stems from my own insecurities.

Going to go for a long walk now and sweat the bad feeling out.

Eve

Dear .

I didn't write that. We're nowhere near there.

Of course I'm glad we might have a chance. But I'm not going to press pause until then either, it's always been shaky ground, so lets just see what happens.

Maybe some day I'll show you the things I DID write, but they're not here :)

To all who know me,

I'm not as confident as I may seem/try to seem sometimes, and certainly not arrogant. Truth be told, I'm deeply insecure.

I'm not as hard as I can come across at times. I actually care a lot.

Most of the time, I just really need a hug (as pathetic as it sounds to admit that). My general stand-offish demeanour makes this difficult, and I'm having trouble rectifying that.

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear boyfriend,

I know you don't know this but I don't think I deserve you. I don't think I'll ever think I'm good enough for you. But you make me happy and I think I make you happy too so I'll keep my mouth shut. Baby I really hope we work out. It would hurt me so badly if we didn't.

I love you so much,

J xxx

To the stupid drunk randomer from last weekend,

I was doing so well up until I ran into you. My confidence was creeping up, slowly but surely. But then you called me a "fat c**t" and I fell right back down the ladder. I'm ashamed that I let scum like you make me cry. Why did you have to say that? I did nothing to you. I bumped into you accidentally and what you said really hurt me. The worst thing is that I haven't stopped thinking about it since and you've made me wonder if everybody sees me like that.

Thank you, you complete and utter tool, for making me feel so low.

Yours,

The "Fat C**t".

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    To the stupid drunk randomer from last weekend,

I was doing so well up until I ran into you. My confidence was creeping up, slowly but surely. But then you called me a "fat c**t" and I fell right back down the ladder. I'm ashamed that I let scum like you make me cry. Why did you have to say that? I did nothing to you. I bumped into you accidentally and what you said really hurt me. The worst thing is that I haven't stopped thinking about it since and you've made me wonder if everybody sees me like that.

Thank you, you complete and utter tool, for making me feel so low.

Yours,

The "Fat C**t".

Some people are such hateful fcukheads :(

((hug))

Dear everyone reading this,

Does anyone else ever get really paranoid that the "anonymous" posts are directed towards you? :O

On that note:

Dear you.

WAS that post directed towards me, from you? It's possible - I know you read this.

If it was you, grow a pair and talk to me about it!

Much love. ;)

Dear you,

Words on a page can be erased, but those released into our worlds can never be taken back. It's a scary thought; I'm scared. Aren't you?

Tell me, come find me - I'm still here. Just like I always have been.

Dear Y

This just isn't the way.

• Advertisement

I wish you'd wake up and bloody ask me to be yours..
    I miss you and the retarded things we do for fun

Sincerely,
    bubble :)

Advertisement