Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dear Will,

Seeing you on Sunday was very strange. Like meeting a ghost or a memory. It feels like a lifetime ago since I saw you, any time I thought of you it was as a child. Maybe that was it; the last time I knew you, really knew you, you were a child. I still can't accept that this time you might actually be back, I'm not ready to believe it, even though its what I've been longing for for so many years. I hope I see you again very soon, your nephew thinks you're the bees' knees.

xx M

Dear Me,

Fair play to you missus! It's hard to believe you're the same person who 6 months ago was so low you could barely function, but you took the steps you've been dreading for years, you're doing the hard draining work and the results are amazing. You're more relaxed, calm and positive than you have ever been. Please keep it up, you deserve it.

Mise mé féin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

London boy,

Fcuk you. Fcuk you for making me feel this way and for not even knowing. Fcuk you for going about your life, meeting new people, charming new girls and not giving me a second thought.

This is why I'm the cynical, self-protective, shut-off mess that I am, because of boys like you who can't see passed my cool exterior and casual, carefree attitude towards you, when deep down I'd probably give it all up for you in the morning if you just said the words. It's so try-hard, it's such a facade and damn you for not seeing that! Despite what you think I don't 'hate' you and very quickly this became more to me than meaningless fun...but that's hardly cool, is it?

This is why I don't do this, almost as a rule. Because it makes me feel like I'm everything that I define myself in opposition to - needy, insecure, out of control, at the mercy of someone else. This is what makes it easy to jump into bed with boys like you, because it immediately cuts out the potential for the headfcuk that ensues when feelings are thrown into the mix. Despite all my rhetoric, I'm not good with feelings. Feelings can destroy me.

I met Alan yesterday. He told me about your reaction when he told you that he knew about us. I'm not going to lie, that hurt. I know what we were, I know what was at risk and I wasn't born yesterday, but the confirmation that it meant so little to you...yeah, not nice.

So I'm moving on now. I'm going to forget the dizzying attraction I felt when I walked into the apartment after work last month, and the way you'd make me feel like I was the only girl in the room, and that Goddamn English accent, and those chirpy 'morning darling's and the cheeky smiles and stealing kisses and most of all that bloody mind-blowing sex. I'm forgetting it all because that's all it was to you, whereas to me it was more, it was an awakening of something that can't entirely be trusted, that I won't let myself have.

So, back to work for me, back to your usual antics for you. I hope you don't come back to Toronto. I hope I never bump into you on that side of the world. But most of all I wish I could stop hoping.

(Not) yours,

Bekah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mum,
    Please stop looking at me with such hate in your eyes. I'm not sure what I've done to you. I love you so much.

R,
    You really humiliated me today. I hope you're proud of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

beks101 wrote: »
    London boy,

Bekah

Could have written this all myself. I miss my London boy. Hope is ironically cruel sometimes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dear family, the pride I felt telling all of you my news and how proud all of you were when I told you, it made the long hard slog worth it! I know the 3 angles watching us are super proud too! Thanks also for having the faith that I'd get there in the end as I lost it a few time!

Grá and mucho besos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

JJ,
    You may not understand why I find it hard to share things with you but you've got to realise I'm not doing this to hurt you and something so minor shouldn't change things. I wonder why you feel the need for me to tell you everything I do? For the short time we've been friends I've had fun and hope things stay the same

S,
    You really did it just writing this makes my eyes well up and yet I feel I'm a better person for moving on and allowing myself a normal life even if it's pretend. You'll never realise how much I love you. Never get to experience the love I had yet to offer. I'll probably see you around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear bf's Facebook hacker,

You are a pr**k. To think you're someone he knows makes it 100 times worse. I hope he finds out who you are and confronts you like you deserve you complete a**ehole.

From me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Dear I

I am really, really proud of you.

It's a year since I answered my phone to hear you had died, one friend less in my life, flip it who am I kidding? there's none left now that I could talk to like you.

Just to let you know you are missed and not only by me, not a week goes by without your name cropping up in some way shape or form.

I miss you Johnny and miss the Sunday night crack. So next Sunday night Johhny,this one's for you :) in memory of ALL the Sunday nights!!! Rest easy.

Sad are the homes around Garryowen,
    For they have lost their giant pride
    And the banshee's wail links every vale along the Shannonside
    That City of those ancient walls, That broken TreatY stone,
    Undying fame surrounds your name,
    Sean South from Garryowen.......... I'll be listening for you voice (even a whisper.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

It's a year since I answered my phone to hear you had died, one friend less in my life, flip it who am I kidding? there's none left now that I could talk to like you.

Just to let you know you are missed and not only by me, not a week goes by without your name cropping up in some way shape or form.

I miss you Johnny and miss the Sunday night crack. So next Sunday night Johhny,this one's for you :) in memory of ALL the Sunday nights!!! Rest easy.

Sad are the homes around Garryowen,
    For they have lost their giant pride
    And the banshee's wail links every vale along the Shannonside
    That City of those ancient walls, That broken TreatY stone,
    Undying fame surrounds your name,
    Sean South from Garryowen.......... I'll be listening for you voice (even a whisper.)
    I have a lump in my throat reading that, im very sorry about your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Dear C....

I eventually found the guts to tell you exactly how i felt about you in a letter i sent to you. You text me to say you had lied about your illness and it was far worse than you let on. It's really upset me - the one and only time i am honest with a guy and follow a gut decision and you tell me you don't want to go any further because you just don't know how long you are going to be around for. I pretend that we are OK as friends, but it's not. When the inevitable comes around i will be destroyed.

Still care for you,

C.

Dear z
    I really like you, you must know that by now, but everytime i text you i feel sick to my stomach because i know one day you're not going to text me back.

If you don't feel the same way please just tell me.
    If you're just stringing me along please stop.

I just need to know what's going on. It feels like we're going round in circles and i'm the one doing all the chasing. I don't know what you want, or what the point of all this is? Can it really go anywhere? Do you even want it to go anywhere?

Most men would've given me the cold shoulder by now, just gradually phased me out, but you always reply, out of boredom? or politeness? or what?

If you don't want me anymore just tell me. I can't take living in this constant 'no mans land'. Please if you're going to hurt me then do it soon. It's okay I'm used to it by now. But the longer you drag it out the more painful it gets.

I really like you, but i need to know how you feel ... either way .... :(

Dear Mammy

If I thanked you everyday for the rest of my life, it still wouldnt be enough.

When you were my age you had 3 young children, and an ill mother to care for. When I was taken into hospital, you held my hand every night til i fell asleep for 18 months and still got in home time for the boys bedtime.
    When we were upset you were always there to listen and wipe our tears. At every special moment in our lives you and Dad were always there, proud as punch. The girls still say to this day how they remember you waving me off on the bus on every school outing !! You did everything for us, even going without food with money was tight....
    Your still helping me with everything and im nearly 26!

The last 2 years have not been the easiest for us, and especially you. Every time im at home and I see another opened bottle of wine, I want to shake you. You dont need it !!!

You have spent the last 30 years being a full time carer and now you have time, you become a recluse. People are getting fed up mam, of you turning down invites or not returning calls.

Dad can only say so much before he gets an earbashing off you. He is trying to help, he just dont know how to.

Nana would not have wanted this....

Please help yourself.... your not dead, stop acting like you are, your not even 50 yet.

SMC

x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Isard

Dear M.,
    I wish you could forget me and just move on and find someone better. You seek a princess and I am not one, with my short dishevelled hair and eternal jeans. You want a lot of tenderness and I can't give it. I'm a tomboy, haven't you noticed it before? So look for another type of woman and be happy!
    Me.

Dear You.

I'm so stupid. I miss you, I miss you, I miss you. And the really stupid part? You're only away for a couple of days!
    I'm sitting here crying my eyes out because I've nobody to hug me. I loved getting your silly little note this evening - it meant more to me than all the expensive jewellery in the world would.
    I can't wait til you come home. I never thought that 8 and a half years on, I'd still feel this way. I can't wait to see you every evening. I hate being away from you. I love it when you hug me, kiss me, touch me in any way. I worry so much about losing you - about the world taking you away from me, about life playing cruel tricks on me. I'm not sure I'd be able to keep going without you. I worry more when you're away. I couldn't ever tell you how much of a state I'm silly enough to get into, because if I did you'd never have a weekend away again without me!
    Still, it doesn't change the fact that I wish you were at home now.
    I love you - I really mean it even if I do say it a hundred times a day!

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

If you want to know how you make me feel, I can easily sum it up in one word. Frustrated. Oh, and that's it. That's all. You're laughable. Last week, reading your text messages, I was truly in shock.

You clearly have been reading my posts on this website, or logging in to some of my accounts, and ya know what? I don't care. Read my posts, they're on the internet. I wasn't trying to keep anything secret from you. If there was something you wanted to know, all you had to do was ask.

You were being so irrational. You don't want to be a safety net? You don't want to be a priority if I have a safety net? Here's what I should've said - you will never, never, be a priority in my life, and if you think you even come close to being good enough to deserve that, well then you are delusional on top of everything else.

I thought we might be able to be civil, but the simple fact is, I was wrong. You're not someone I want as a friend. You lack pretty much every trait I admire in others. You're not horrible, you're not awful. I really think you just have all these walls built up, a defence mechanism, and I'm not the one who can break those down.

I mean, I can't even talk to you. You don't listen. I hope it won't always be this way for you, 'cause I bet it's very lonely. Take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Dear P,

7 months ago I never thought I'd write this. I had my mind made up about the kind of man you were just from looking at you. You flirted with me at a party when I got to Spain first and I thought you were there with your girlfriend and you were flirting with me behind her back. I thought to myself, "What a fecker!" and wouldn't entertain you. Turns out she wasn't your girlfriend. Anyway, at that time I'd just started seeing someone and you just had your heart freshly broken after a serious 5 year relationship. It would've been crap timing for both of us.

You had that cheeky look about you but I read you wrong. I agreed to go on a date with you but thought it'd only be sex. I had a serious disappointment on the love front 7 months before and I was turned right off anything heart related and was just looking for fun. I didn't foresee what we have now 7 months down the line.

Who knew but you're a geek in the best sense of the word. You've all those stereotypically geeky qualities that make me smile. You look like someone who treats women mean but keeps them keen with that glint in your eye and that sexy mouth of yours and your ruggedness (My Senor Rugged) but I couldn't have got anyone more wrong if I tried. Yesterday we went looking at a pair of shoes you've been thinking about getting for a while...apparently you've gone in to visit the same pair of shoes 4 times now and you're still deciding. It made me laugh. Everything you do is planned through. We're yin-yang. You give me a kick up the bum to get what I need to do done like master Spanish properly, move away from my headwreaking housemate situation, enroll in an Open University course next year and I help you to enjoy yourself and ease your guilt for not doing what you feel you should do every moment of the day. And also telling you that neither of us are likely to drop dead at that moment when you lay your head on my heart and panic a little wondering how it keeps beating on it's own (you're a hyperchondriac).

I like what you believe in and how completely you believe in it and I love how you take news like the death of Troy Davis to heart and get genuinely angry. Your 10 years older than me but you've maintained some of the idealism of a 21 year old and I love you for it. You WILL work for Amnesty International if that's what you want. You have the brain and heart and determination for it. I hope you get there in the end.

You're one of those "good men" women talk about and I want to care for you and look out for you like you do the same for me. I don't think I've ever brought my guard down for a man like I have with you. You don't make me feel stupid for it because you reciprocate and you play no games. It's an honest relationship and we've accepted each other warts and all.

Neither of us know what the future will bring but I hope you're in my life in some shape or form. Glad I took a gamble on you.

Eve

I appreciate what you've done for me recently, but it doesn't change anything. Would it have really taken that much just to say thank you? Even to just acknowledge it? But instead you just ignored me. I don't understand. I don't understand why it caused such a problem. It was meant to make you smile, that's all.

Doesn't the fact that it's still on my mind, despite what I'm going through, show you I deserved an explanation at least? I'd accept it if you thought it was too much; I wouldn't understand, but I'd accept it. But Jesus, it was nothing, it wasn't meant to mean anything! Yet, you managed to make it into something that made me feel incredibly stupid. You made me feel stupid for trying to be thoughtful. Thank you for everything else, but I won't thank you for that. Explain it to me, please, because I don't get it.

I didn't do it because I expected anything from you. I wasn't proclaiming my undying love, and I wasn't making things into something they're not. I just wanted to make you smile, because you're right - I did miss you a little.

This is me. This is what I do. When I like someone, I tell them. When I miss someone, I tell them. When I want to see someone happy, I do things to make them happy. But, I guess we're different. You want to play the game, but it ended for me a long time ago, it ended for me when I realised that we were just dealing the same cards over and over again.

I didn't mean to write this much. You'll think it's too much, you'll freak out, and I should go back and change it if I want you to even acknowledge it. But I won't, because then I'd be changing myself, and that's not the right thing to do.

Don't think I'm not grateful for everything, I am. But you can't just bypass over this like everything else. You can't just pretend it didn't happen. It's really not fair, it really isn't. I just wish you'd for once be direct with me.

You're thinking about getting back with your ex. And I hope that it works out for you, if you do. But I want you to know didn't want you to. I know I've no grounds to have any say. But I'm saying it anyway. I want you to wise up and tell me what's going on in that goddamn gorgeous yet incredibly frustrating head of yours. I want you to forget about saving face for once.

I can't even think about this right now, there's too much going on in my head, but I needed to get it written down. I'm trying the best I can here, with everything. And maybe this is just on my mind more now because of everything else. I know I'm a bit of a mess right now, and I know you probably want to steer clear. I don't even know if I'll find my way back.

You always talk about being the straight up guy, but I've never seen that - ever.

Just for god sake, tell me what the hell happened, or lets end all of this sh1te once and for all. I'm just in this mindset now, and I just don't see the point of anything, never mind all of this on my mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pinkhop

Dear A,

I Love you. I miss you. I hope some day I can tell you how much I really still love you and always will. Thats prob hard to imagine because of how I dealt with everything but It's true I love you with all my heart. It hurts but it can't be any other way.

love always x

Ps. you runied radio for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Thank you for being so supportive and caring these past weeks. It's been incredibly difficult for us both but you have always managed to make me smile. You are the most genuine, trusting person I have ever met and I am so lucky to have you in my life. I can't wait to be with you again! x

• Advertisement

Dear U,

I'm sick of you being a b*itch to me and making me feel insignificant. How dare you think this is ok..............next time you even try it, I'm going to tear you verbally to shreds.
    I cant wait until your life falls down around your ears because I'll be there very satisfied indeed.

It can't happen to a 'nicer' person than you

Go stick it

M

Dear_____

You were my best friend,lover,confidant and the one guy i'd have gladly married.....right up to the night where you tried to climb into bed with 2 of our friends,so it's over and I'm glad,I deserve someone alot better than you,heard you went to pieces when I left,I'd be lying if I said it made me sad. I was happy that you were suffering just a little bit of my personal hell.But I look at my life now and I'm glad you're not in it,I have wonderful family and friends.I see you time and again and you've always got on this poor me expression....well,BABE you made the damn bed,sweet dreams!!

Dear ..

You will never ever know just how much all of this has meant to me.

Our time together wasn't easy, but somehow we got past it all and found ourselves a better place, a place where both of us were happy - just not intertwined. You're one of the most important people in my life now, you're one of the few people I trust in this world; and despite not wanting what we had before, I still care about you a great deal.

You get it. You get it and that means the world to me. You get that my legs turn to lead every morning I try to talk myself into getting up and facing the world; you get it that I want people to care and yet don't want to let them in all at the one time; you get that sometimes I feel like the world is overcrowding me and pushing and pushing...and I just don't have the strength to push back. You get that I feel like I'm falling, falling so fast that everything around me is a blur of blacks and greys...and I just can't see the colour anymore. You get that I see the exit sign and I know the route, but I still can't quite figure out how to get there; the light keeps going out and I lose my way in the darkness. You get how alone I feel, despite being surrounded my some amazing friends, because I just can't bring myself to let them see me this way...to let them see me when I'm 'weak'.

They say everything happens for a reason, and I've always wanted it to be true in a way. Maybe we were meant to help each other, maybe that's why we've got this far, and maybe that's why we went through all that we did.

I'll never again meet anyone quite like you, and I'd never want to. You have a place in my heart and my life now that could never be filled by someone else, those boots are just to big to fill :) But, my hearts pretty big, and there's alot of room there for another pair - maybe even a pair of loafers - I always did wonder about the kind of guy who wears loafers :P

I consider you a friend for life now, you're one of those....one of those people I've decided are now stuck with me forever and ever, til we're old and grey.

p.s. I still think someday she'll realise some things are worth going back for; like I said - some things are just meant to happen. Keep the faith :)

Taking a step back and thinking about what you've done over the last few months has made me realise that you lack a basic conscience. Thank you for standing me up, and letting me find someone who actually cares. I've neglected a lot of good people over the last while, and I can finally start putting that right now.

Dear man
    Oh great, another one who doesn't think i'm worth more that a quick shag.
    What's the point in even pretending?, i'll just play you at your own game. You're hot, I'm horny let's just use each other for a while. I am worth more. You're missing out. But at this stage I don't think i can even feel anything anymore, i'm so jaded. So come on lets just have sex a few times and move on. That's the way it always is, right?

Dear S,

You're the one person in my life that I try to avoid but I see you almost everyday. How crazy is that in a college with nearly 20000 people? We are in different courses and different years but share lectures, is the universe playing some sick joke on us? You waited for me when I wasn't ready, I broke your heart but you forgave me. I waited too long to come running back to you and you moved on but I didn't. I still think about you all the time, the memories of us playing like a broken record over and over again in my head. The long walks, the late night texting, the hand holding... You seem happy now and you deserve it. You have a girlfriend to give you everything you wanted from me. She's pretty, I hope ye are happy.

Love always,
    Bumblebee

Dear C,

In the light of a last thought addressed to you, I decided to write this to close this chapter and never re-open it again.

They say if you love something, you have to let it go. Unfortunately, this sentence seems so wrong when I think about all I've been through with you. You let me go once, before you knew how much I liked you. Once you were aware of this, you started using me as a medicine to your insecurities and selfishness. Thus, you would not let me go. Letting me go would have meant going back to your insecurities. You liked being chased, like cat and mouse, the chaser and the chasee.

I needed to be released from your ghost. As much as I loved you, I had to follow my heart which kept on whispering that you were not the right one for me. I decided to take this into my own hands, and leave you. I don't know if you feel relieved or anxious, but I know it was the right thing to do.

When I think about all the time I lost wondering why you weren't caling, or why you weren't listening to what I had to say .. questionning my own entity and identity. I know it is going to take some time to rebuild myself, but I know I will reach that stage eventually.
    If it comes back, it means so much more. If it doesn't, you'll learn from it. I won't come back. Part of me believes you were genuine. The other part knew it was over from the start. I hope we'll both learn from our mistakes, leaving bitterness aside and grow from them.

Drifting apart was for the best, and this is what I wish you, the best. We all deserve to be happy and I wish you to be happy, just not with me. We both know such concept won't be a part of our life if we are together because our relationship was a constant stuggle. Love is supposed to bring strength and happiness. Our relationship was only bringing out weaknesses and burdens. Move on and learn. This is our common goal apart.

Live and learn, that's what we have to do. And hopefully, this situation will help us construct our entities so that we'll be ready when the right person comes along.

I wish you to build your dreams. Don't forget me. Forget our history.

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear friend that I trusted,

I know your unwell. I'm unwell too. Doesnt give you the right to snap at me for no reason. We just wanted to talk about something with you and now youve gone and said all this shiiiite to me. I pull the same stunts as you. I know how you feel. I cant be angry but youve upset me so much. I said nothing. Please, just get help.

Love A
    xoxo

Dear you who shall not be named,

I finally know how you feel. I am so sorry and I just wish you knew how sorry I was :( I know saying sorry doesnt make this any better but I still love you and I always will. I still hope someday you can forgive me. I'm sorting myself out. I promise, I'll never hurt you again.

Yours forever,

A
    xxxxx

Dear Mom and Dad,

SOOOO glad we've fixed things :D I love you guys and thanks SO much for everything! I am eternally grateful! Words cannot describe how grateful and thankful I am. I love you guys and miss you guys.

Your now kinda sane daughter,

A
    xxxx

Dear friends,

LOVE YE :D:D:D:D Thanks for everything! I'm doing this! C'mon to being strong :D You'll always mean the world to me and I am so grateful to have ye!

Lots of love,

A
    xoxoxox

Hey you,

It's 9am on a Monday morning. I'm sitting in work so so gutted. How you've managed to so royally mess up my day already is beyond me. You told me earlier that you're mad about me, that you want to be with me but there are things stopping you but you just can't seem to make up your mind as to what excuse it is this time. I thought we were getting there. Things were changing, it wasn't all about sex any more. I thought my patience was finally paying off. I thought that you were falling for me the way I've fallen for you. I thought you'd finally make the move!

I'm devastated, we're not going anywhere are we? I could wait for ever for you and things wouldn't change, would they?

Just know that I will wait as long as I can without completely falling apart but there will come a day when I'll have to walk away! This is tearing me up inside because I know in my heart we'd be magic together!!

It just hurts so bad.

Love you

N. M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Dear Universe/God/Buddha/Jesus/Whoever,

Thanks for fcuking me royally, for making me be born in 1989 so I would graduate (with a frickin' Arts degree) in the middle of the worst recession in Irish history... Cheers for that.

I worked so, so hard in school and college so I wouldn't end up as a loser. I gave up having a normal teenage social life to study. I focused on getting a good Leaving Cert rather than getting drunk every weekend or meeting boys. I was given sh1tty career advice and told that an Arts degree would at least give me an entry into a good Civil Service job or a bank, if I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with my life... although, to be fair, circa 2006 this probably was pretty accurate advice.

But it wasn't to be, was it, Universe? No, everything had to go t1ts up and now I've to go sign on for the dole every month alongside the same people who made fun of me for being a nerd and studying so hard while they dropped out and partied... I believed that one day it would all be worth it cause I'd have a decent job and a nice life. I never wanted to be super-rich... just secure. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently so.

Universe, I just want a chance, just one break. A job so I can save up and do a (useful!) Master's degree. Or so I can save up and start a decent career abroad. I don't have a sense of entitlement... I'm more than willing to start from the bottom and work my way up... I've never been afraid of hard work. I just need a chance to get into the bottom!

I do have to thank you, though, Universe, for two things at least- my wonderful boyfriend and my lovely family, without whom this time would have been so much worse.

Advertisement