Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Acacia wrote: »
    Dear Universe/God/Buddha/Jesus/Whoever,

Thanks for fcuking me royally, for making me be born in 1989 so I would graduate (with a frickin' Arts degree) in the middle of the worst recession in Irish history... Cheers for that.

I worked so, so hard in school and college so I wouldn't end up as a loser. I gave up having a normal teenage social life to study. I focused on getting a good Leaving Cert rather than getting drunk every weekend or meeting boys. I was given sh1tty career advice and told that an Arts degree would at least give me an entry into a good Civil Service job or a bank, if I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with my life... although, to be fair, circa 2006 this probably was pretty accurate advice.

But it wasn't to be, was it, Universe? No, everything had to go t1ts up and now I've to go sign on for the dole every month alongside the same people who made fun of me for being a nerd and studying so hard while they dropped out and partied... I believed that one day it would all be worth it cause I'd have a decent job and a nice life. I never wanted to be super-rich... just secure. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently so.

Universe, I just want a chance, just one break. A job so I can save up and do a (useful!) Master's degree. Or so I can save up and start a decent career abroad. I don't have a sense of entitlement... I'm more than willing to start from the bottom and work my way up... I've never been afraid of hard work. I just need a chance to get into the bottom!

I do have to thank you, though, Universe, for two things at least- my wonderful boyfriend and my lovely family, without whom this time would have been so much worse.

Same here, but i was born in 82:o it just took me a bit longer to get to college obviously:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear .....

He cheated on you for 3 years with her. You were told and you didnt believe it. You are even engaged to him now. How could you settle for someone who thinks so little of you? Someone so selfish who gives no consideration to you. Would it not be better to spend a lifetime alone than with someone who treats you like you're being treated now.

He's at it again with her you know. And has been for months. He's back there with her again, cheating on you behind your back, blatantly lying to you, stealing nights with her when you have really no idea. He is doing this to you again even though he knows what it did to you the last time you found out.

And you poor girl who believes everything he tells you. How he manipulates you and warps your mind, making you believe what he wants you to. Please wake up and realise what he's doing to you. He laughs at you and makes fun of you. He says horrible things about you. No one deserves that.

Why dont you ask her? You have her phone number. You know where she lives. Why dont you talk to her and ask her straight out? I dare you.

My deepest sympathy to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Dear Life,

When are you going to begin? I'm out of college almost a year and a half and I have been trying so hard to get a job but it's proving to be an exercise in futility.

All I've ever wanted was to make enough money to be stable and independent. Now I'm 23 and living at home with no sign of a job and I'm desperate to move out from home and in with him. We're together 4.5 years, we should be well past this by now. It feels like we're never going to move forward. :(

I am so angry and frustrated at this situation. It's not fair. :mad:

Please pick up.

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Am I going to have to wait forever to feel like I'm enough for you? I don't know if I can.

“Pet,”
    In the nearly six months since I broke up with you, I’ve tried to convince myself so many times that I was doing the right thing, but I can’t. You were right, about everything, and now I’ve lost you. By walking away, I betrayed you and ignored everything we had. I imagine that you can never forgive me and that you’ve moved on, so the long e-mail I’ve written and re-written remains unsent. But you remain forever a part of me, in my heart and my soul, “mo anam, mo chroi”. I love you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭mg1

Dear ......

I AM NOT INVISABLE.

Dear Self,

Those feelings are not reciprocated. Stop making a fool of yourself. You're letting yourself down.

C, I won't be coming upto your going away party, but have a safe trip and i wish you all the success in the world with the new job.
    It might sound a bit petty on my part, but the last night we were out when you had your little clear the air chat....
    you really really hurt me.

I was more than happy to leave things as they were.
    I knew there was never going to be long distance for us or even an us in the future.
    That's why all those times I wanted to start something with you....
    When I knew(or at least thought I knew) you were up for it too.
    That I never did, NYE and your Birthday were prime examples.....
    Both those nights I wanted you so bad(And not just those nights, most nights)
    but in the back of my mind I always knew you were going off travelling and its easier to say goodbye to a friend than to something more, So I never pushed my luck.

I know you probably got a bit freaked by the messages I sent Michelle telling her I was with you, and thought you had to clear the air and let me know where I stood!
    But that was genuinely an attempt by me to get her to leave me alone and like I said, even though we were casual, I'm not the kinda bloke who keeps 2 girls on the go anyway.

I spent so long wondering what we were, where we were going that the night of the bbq in my house when you brushed me off was a relief, in that I could draw a line under it!
    I knew where I stood...... we were mates.
    Then you came to my bed the following day and changed that to friends with benefits....
    Which left me even more confused, I know why you did it.....
    You thought previous failures in that dept were booze related and wanted to rule that out.....
    But to be honest it was never booze.....It was fear of something like this!
    C, I said it before and I'll say it again I'd rather have you as a mate than not at all and it just left me more confused about what we were.

But then we were out and you made your 'this is what it is' speech....
    I knew that, and that was a perfect place to leave it...

But no, you launched into your 2nd wife, 2nd best, 2nd child speech.....
    And fairplay to you for knowing what you want.... I wish I could say the same.
    You might have felt for some reason that being cruel to be kind was the way to go.
    Maybe thats my fault for you thinking I thought it was more than I knew it was.
    But considering I always knew you were going and that hey, while we were together make hay.....
    I can't understand at all why you felt the need to slap me down the way you did.
    But C, there really was no need to say what you did, or for how you did it.
    You took a searchlight and shone it on all my fears for any future relationships I may have.
    You left me feeling like Damaged goods, a second rate pity shag with the added baggage of a child born to someone else.

You made me feel guilty for loving someone before I met you, and for then having the audacity to have been widowed and having a child!
    If anyone else had said what you did, had made me feel as low you did right then...
    I would've walked out!
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt, 12yrs of friendship and all you've done for me has earned you that.
    But then after saying all that you come home with me and I'm supposed to forget what you said to me just hours earlier and be grateful for another sympathy shag?
    You were laying in my bed telling me to take what I wanted and to not be afraid of it.
    Hours after making it very very clear that I was definitely not what you wanted and never would be....
    I hope you can understand why that hurt me as much as it did, and totally confused the **** out of me too.

I hope we can still be friends, but just not yet! I need some seperation, some time without you!

Dear c
    I don't know what i did or why you're so bi*chy towards me, maybe you're just threatened by someone who's secure enough to not need to be loud, obnoxious and the centre of attention the whole time? The snideness and the purposeful blanking is completely uncalled for. It's not just me, you b**ch and sneer about others behind their backs too. You're a horrible, cold, self absorbed cow. We're suck having to be 'acquaintances' for the foreseeable future. You're a disgrace to women everywhere. At least have the basic manners to be civil.

Get over yourself

From, Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Dear cousin,

you've been with the girl since you were 14. You're 35 now (also can I add, act your age). You disgusted everyone 7 years ago when you dumped her after she was raped because you "couldn't stand to look at her." I still don't know why she took you back after that.

She's always supported you, paid your way while you were too lazy to get off your ass and get a job. She cooks for you, cleans your house (which she paid for) and does everything for you.

Now that you've gotten yourself a well paying job you tell her you'll never marry her or have children with her. You dared to say that, because you're earning, you don't need her that much anymore. That if she wants a family she can have it with someone else and you'll go work in New York.
    You're a disgusting user of people. I really upsets me that we're related. I'm done making time for you and I hope she decided the same too. That girl is far far too good for you.

I wish Grandpa was still alive to put you in your place, but I'm glad he never got to see what a horrible horrible person you turned out to be

• Advertisement

Dear R

Please say you'll come ..... It could be the thing that brings us back from the edge

xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dear C,

To say I miss you alot would be an understatement. I wish you would make more of an effort sometimes. I want to talk to you, are you even bothered anymore?

SD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear C,

Get out of my dreams or back into my life, either way.
    Drunk texting me doesn't count.
    I love you still. My subconcious had you telling me I was the only one for you. I want to get rid of those thoughts or have them dealt with but you're not giving me the chance.
    x

Dear G.
    I made the mistake of being "the other woman" once before. I promised myself (over 15 years ago!) that I'd never do it again. I was convinced then it was love, some sort of soulmate type relationship. (I was 19, he was a charmer, and Sugar & Bliss had far too much influence on me!) After that "relationship" and others over the years, I reaffirmed my belief that stuff like that didn't exist, that attraction may be instant, but love needs time to grow.

Yet with you...the second our eyes met, we both stopped dead. I was mid-conversation with a friend...you were walking towards us on the street. Yet when your eyes met mine, you stopped mid-stride. We mumbled hello to each other, even though we didn't know each other, and then I was brought back to the real world by my friend asking why had I stopped talking.. you shook your head and walked off. I thought that was it, our paths would never cross again. How wrong was I?!

We've met at work a few weeks later, and both of us grinned when we were introduced, you noting that "you'd seen me round town". It is a small town, and we've had to work together far too often. I've worked with your wife now and again too. My friend teaches your kids. As soon as I found out you were married, I blocked you out of my mind. I always thought I hid what I felt for you fairly well. I've always been the bubbly chatty kind, and would act the same with you as with the rest of the lads when we worked together. Then there was that night we were all out, and I can't even remember what I said, but I was jokingly whispering something in your ear and something electric flashed between us. You grabbed my hand, squeezed it, and made a joke of it. Then sharing the taxi home, you held my hand.

Those words look so simple...you held my hand. They do nothing to convey just much passed between us with that simple bit of contact. After that, I tried to avoid any alone time with you. You did likewise....we almost succeeded too. And then you dropped me home that night, and the scumbags were there, and you confronted them, and then insisted on making sure I got to the door ok. And then you needed to use the loo. There was the typical goodbye hug, and we kissed. And I swear, the earth moved. It spun us both round, shook us up, threw us down, and stamped on us for good measure. We both had to take a breath after. We spent an hour kissing, stopping, talking, telling ourselves we couldn't be doing it, and then starting again. Even though we came close to it, and both wanted to, I'm glad we didn't go further-I feel so **** about that kissing, even though it was so amazing.

That was a month ago. We've both been normal the few times I've seen you, and I thought we were ok again, that we were at that plateau, that we both knew where we stood-nothing else could or would happen. That's why I wish you hadn't told me last week that you had to leave the stuff for me at work, because if you called round to drop it at mine, you'd never leave. I wish I'd been stronger to respond with something more than just a jokey reply saying I wouldn't open the door. I wish I could get you out of my head, the smile on your face when you saw me somewhere you weren't expecting to, the shake in your hand when you were "casually" saying hello, the little squeeze you gave me as we shook hands and hugged. I wish I could get the memory of that kiss outta my head, that I didn't feel this...longing....for you. What worries me more is that I don't just want to kiss you everytime I see you, I want to spend time with you, I want to know how you are, what you think about different things, about everything.

I don't want to be "her" again, but I feel I'm struggling. I feel like all it would take would be a "I'm game for this" from me, and we'd be off. I wish you were single, I wish your wife wasn't so sweet everytime we've met, I wish it was all different, and I hope and wish I can stay strong enough to stay away.
    Not yours,
    Dee.

I know I need to give you up. I can't. You make me so happy, content and whole. I don't think I can remember what life was like before you came bounding along and clawed your way into my mind. I just want what we used to have. Before overanalysing and jealousy got in the way. But now that jealousy seems valid. I think now, it's you that feels like home to me. I feel sick thinking that. I love you. I don't know what this love means and it's confusing. You'd know though, you always know just what to say. You're the best person I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Thanks for making me feel like a complete idiot. It was great fun watching you eat the face of those girls in front of me :rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Dear A.C
    im sorry,
    sorry that i was such a ****ing asshole to you.
    sorry for breaking up with you by phone when you were on holidays
    sorry for not knowing what the hell to do afterwards and being a complete dick for a month or two after, screwing with your emotions
    im sorry i wasnt mature enough to appreciate you
    im sorry that i make you feel awkward in college when you see me, and that you cant look me in the eyes
    im sorry about everything, i've changed as a person, not to try and win you back,because id be disgusted at myself for trying to put you through that.
    i hope in the next 4 or 5 years of college i can make an impression on you that im not the same immature seventeen year old that i was.

Eric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

sorry for been sorry you actually deserve what you got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

U,

I won't be writing to you in here anymore. I'm actually just gonna tell you this, and then I can finally move on.

I like you. I really, really like you. Ever since I met you, you've been the one I compared all other guys to... and they never seemed as great as you, in my eyes. It was everything. First it was just how you looked. One glance and I was sold. Then it was your personality. The sound of your laugh. Your smell. How long it took you to finally kiss me.

It was that kiss. All those nights we spent driving to nowhere. The many, many hours on msn when we probably should have been sleeping.

It was the band practices in a freezing cold shed in winter time. Robbing your silly wooly hats. The butterflies in my tummy that just never went away.

It was growing up really. We used to be 18, and I guess it used to be okay not to talk about this but it isn't anymore. It was fun. It has been so fun... But we're not going anywhere.

I thought we weren't going anywhere because I don't trust you. I don't trust you, probably 'cause I know you better than most. I know about all those times when you've been with me, and lied to her. I guess that makes me just as bad as you, but I don't believe that there's no one else... 'Cause I know what a good liar you are. I've seen it.

What's worse than not trusting you though, and what the problem is, is that I don't respect you. I hate that you could be with me and tell her (well, there was more than one girlfriend that you cheated on over the years) that you love her. How could you even do that?

I know that it takes two to tango and I am partly to blame but I wasn't lying to anybody. I think that maybe if it wasn't me... it'd just have been someone else. At this stage, I'm okay with that.

I am walking away. This is the chapter closed. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Dear Mum,

We say we are close, and we chat on the phone/see each other virtually every day. But i don't tell you how i am really feeling. I am not the strong, happy person you think I am. I love you, please don't get me wrong, and i want to share with you, well anybody, about who I really am. I broke down the other week and gave you a glimpse of me with the barriers down, and you were surprised, upset even. We have kind of ignored it since.

The main thing i want to tell you, or somebody, is that I am doing something so so wrong. I know it is wrong, and yet I can't stop myself. It's like it is one of the only things I feel i can control in my life. It makes me feel ill in other ways, but you don't know that. If i told you I would feel weak, and you would worry, and get upset about blaming yourself, and your parenting. But i want to tell you for the reason to focus on ME, not on you.

It would break your heart Mum, and i want to get help with it, but that would mean showing the real 'me' and having to face up to it for now. Until then, know that this is nothing to do with you.

I wish we could just be that little bit closer.....talk to you later though.

• Advertisement

Dear B,
    It's not charisma you have, its a deep rooted insecurity - saying to people what they want to hear so they warm to you and then getting a thrill hurting them once theyre hooked. Yuck.
    You are intelligent, your wit is quick, your humour is on the money. Good for you. This all goes to waste when you have a heart as black as the Ace of Spades.
    I regret that I spent 3 years of my prime dreaming of what could be, I threw all of my spare time and energy thinking of ways to make you love me. New angles of approach, new ways to chat to you, new outfits! I just wanted you to see me in the right light so that you would see me as worth a risk.

You used my brother as the reason for us not taking it further, he would have got over it. Now I regret the deceit, to this day he still doesnt know how far it went, you have been a lousy friend to him in many ways but I know you got a particularly sick thrill out of this one.
    I cannot believe I let myself be the other woman to the absolute rotters you were with. I saw past your mediocre looks (and it has to be said, your wonger eye) to your personality.

Indeed, I am what you want in a woman. I feel you always knew this, but werent up to the challenge. Keep cheating on below-par women, it's a recipe that you like to work with.
    I'm sure you will hurt many to come, but karma is a M***** F*****

SC, I thank my lucky stars I found you. You are the epitome of what every man should aspire to be. Your doubt is nothing but charming, I can assure you this is forever Xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

S.

Im sorry for making you apologise on facebook but the lie's you spread where really sad,hopefully you have learned from this and one day maybe we can be the way we where before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dear S,

none of this is my fault. Not a single bit of it. I've grown tired of accepting responsibility for everything that goes wrong in your life, because I am not the one who should be taking the blame. Half the time it has nothing at all to do with me. I'm sorry that you're going through all this right now, but I'm not going to let that excuse the game playing and blatant emotional manipulation. I'm tired of it. So, so tired. And I jut haven't got the energy to be dealing with it right now. You see, I have shít going on in my life too at the moment. Shocking, isn't it? That people other than yourself go through things that hurt them.

I am so angry with you right now. How dare you try to play us off each other? What do you stand to gain by undermining other friendships? I am onto you and I am not afraid of telling her what you're doing. I will not be manipulated by you anymore. I love you so much, but I won't stand for it any longer. No more excuses. Face up to your life like an adult and I'll help you get through anything. Use emotional blackmail so that I'm guilted into doing what you want is just not acceptable.

For too long I've held myself back to make you feel better. Well no more. I am not going to let these opportunities pass me by. It's time for me to live my life now. When you decide that you actually give a fúck about me and whether or not I'm okay, get in touch. But if you continue down this road, then I'm sorry, but I'm done. And you can find someone else to take advantage of.

K.

Dear F
    I asked the question.
    I shouldn't have.
    I already knew what the answer was going to be.
    At least now I know for sure.
    Time to move on, as hard as that's going to be.
    I wish you all the best.
    Love me

Dear you,

Putting this out there once and for all.

I'm not angry, or bitter, or depressed, or anything like that. But you had one thing that you had to do to prove that you were serious about this, and you didn't do it. I don't know why, but I think that tells its own story. You made your decision, and even if that decision was merely a "not now", it's still not really enough. Your actions are hurting other people more than they're hurting me. I hope you bear that in mind.

My feelings for you, in as much as they were ever real, fizzled out over time. You pushed me away just a little too much. I don't blame you, although I'll never properly know what was going through your head. I'm finding it a lot easier to move on than I expected. That says a lot, I think.

I don't think I really believed you when you said you loved me. You didn't know me then, and you don't now. We both got carried away.

I don't think you're a bad person. I'd like to believe that what went on over the last few months wasn't the real you. I hope I'm right.

You shouldn't be afraid of me. I'm not going to badmouth you, or humiliate you. Sure, we'll never be friends again, but I'd hope that you're not miserable or anxious on my account. I'm hardly worth it. I can't make you happy, but I would like you to be.

Peace. :pac:

Your casual acquaintance,

Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

This is horrible, just so painful.

I love you, I still do, but I know that its better for me not to be with you. Well I know that sometimes. For other times I miss you so much that I think, what if...

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, and that's gone. I adored you like no other. God I miss you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lifelonglufc2.0

Dear R,

21 and 18, my age, you're age...

In the beginning I was afraid you were too young to begin the relationship that you wanted.

However you convinced me and we began what was to be one of the best years of my life. We shared so much together, I gave you everything and all of me, I never asked for anything in return, all I wanted was to spend my time with you, being able to make you happy and see you smile was what I loved to do.

I never expected to fall in love with you, in fact I never expected to meet you! But we fell for each other and it was amazing. You shared so many firsts with me and I can honestly say I will forever remember that, it was all as special to me as it was to you.

So why then after everything we did together, the things we planned and talked about, the places we went, the happiness we shared; why then did you end up treating me the way you did the last two weeks together?

You knew you could always come and tell me how you felt but instead you chose the easy option, treated me badly and hurt me dearly. Just like it had all started, you had suddenly ended it.

It takes two to start a relationship, but just one to end it...my harsh lesson being learned.

I wish you had went about ending things differently and not hurt me the way you did. I did so much for you and never asked for anything but care and respect yet you couldn't even give me that before breaking up.

In the end I want you to be happy no matter, I had always promised you that so I accept you're decision even though I struggle with it everyday. I will never regret the time I had with you, they are fond memories I will remember forever.

I hope that someday you will look back and realise in the long run the mistake you have made. Yes we are young, but we never planned any future apart from each day as it came together and thats what we loved. It could have stayed that way.

Maybe when you do look back and if we do cross paths again, you'll understand how I feel right now.

I'd love to have you back but at the end of the day I also have to respect myself and my own well being so don't expect me to be waiting for you when the time comes that you do see what you have left behind. I gave you all my love, you then threw it back at me in the end.

Maybe you were just too young, maybe we met each other too early in life...

See you around,
    You're ex-boyfriend
    B

Dear dear,
    I wouldn't have asked you so many times if it hadn't been important, we both know that. So stop acting like the victim and grow up. What if I didn't have the confidence to go alone? I would have missed out. Stop apologising and just think about it, really think. Don't make excuses, just don't do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

You.
    You hurt me like I never thought possible.
    You tore my heart out.
    You took so much strength from me that all I had left was an empty shell of myself.
    You left a total emotional mess behind.
    I thought I would never be the same again.

But hey - Look at me now :D

To those that helped me to pull myself together and begin to shine again-

You will never realise how much I appreciate you.
    Each and every one of you abolute legends mean the world to me.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

To my family, especially my sister.

Thanks for always supporting and loving me despite my many fcuk ups.

Advertisement