Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Dear freak,

Feel free to keep ringing me in the middle of the night on a private number. Its no skin off my nose. My phone is on silent, I don't hear you. It is of no consequence to me.

Oh and your message to my boyfriend's boards account.. Would you like to know what his response was? Here ya go: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Again, you need serious psychological help. Sort yourself out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Dear whoever controls these type of things,

Please let us have Grandad for a few more years? You took Nanny way too soon.
    He's a legend of a man and his laugh is far too awesome for it not to be heard.

Cheers x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear I won't even type your initials. It's not worth thinking your name anymore,

You did the exact thing I requested not to. The exact thing you said you wouldn't. A horrible thing to do to someone. I wish I wasn't as into you and left guessing what was going on.

You talked yourself up so much and proved to be nothing but a fake and a disappointment when I had a lot to offer and a lot of it willing to give you wasted the ideas we had and the opportunities away, all for what? I don't know and I guess I never will because you are too cowardly to return and face up to your actions and acknowledge the hurt you caused...almost immediately after you said you wouldn't. Bravo.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you may have something else going on in your life that you have to deal with right now. I have been patient. Very. And foolish.

**** you for making me feel like I am an idiot.
    **** you for flip flopping on your ideals.
    and **** you for being an utter asshat of a person.

and **** you most of all for probably never even knowing that you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Dear self,

Chin up. You can do this. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

Dear Asshole who stole my purse on the 17.15 51x from Limerick to Galway last Sunday night...

I hope you choked on the fags you part-purchased with the whole SEVEN EURO you got out of me... and thanks for leaving me the five cents, they're handy... :mad:

You made me look like an idiot while I ran up and down the bus frantically searching for my purse, kept quiet while you heard me tell several people there was no money in it, kept your mouth shut for the next hour and a half until we got to Galway where you threw it on the side of the road... Not that you care but you are a rotten person and it will come back and bite you on the arse.

Oh and a tip for next time?? The CREDIT CARD is the one you steal, not the LASER CARD.... Unless you can see into my head and guess my PIN!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Dear You,

You've been on my mind again lately and I hate that. How dare you invade my thoughts when you don't even deserve the air you breathe. I've spent the last 7 years, 4 months and 1 day getting over what you did.

You nearly broke me. Nearly killed me. I will never forget you and I will never forgive you. Time is a healer and I'll never let myself be a statistic or a victim. I'm much stronger mentally than I ever was.

With his help I have conquered my nightmares, I haven't seen your face in almost 2 years while I sleep thanks to him and his love. He's more of a man then you could ever be. You're not a man, you're a monster.

I've written you millions of letters in counselling. I don't even know your name or where to send them to. I don't care anymore. I don't even want revenge anymore. I pity you and your waste of an existence. You chose to deny me of choice and Karma will get you back for that.

Hope you rot in hell,

Me.

I don't know what to think anymore. I was so excited about everything, but yet again here we are. Can't you see I'm crazy about you?

Why do we always end up back where we started? I wish that for once we could just move forward, and finally move into tomorrow instead of this broken record of yesterdays.

So much time as passed, and I still feel like I barely know you at all. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get the chance to; I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get out of this loop of rewind and repeat.

I want us to. I want there to be an 'us'. But if I told you that you'd laugh at me.
    I wish you wouldn't.

I really wish you wouldn't.

Needless to say, you can get back to me when you're actually single. Not exactly making me feel wanted carrying on like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Thank you!!!!!!! <3 xxx

An empty shell, a vacant space;
    a dagger through the skin and bone.
    ...the me, that once was home.

But home is lost, peace is no more.
    Peace of mind, nor peace of heart,
    nor peace of body taken by the night.

First it pierces, the dagger.
    Then it drags across the skin and slowly tears each piece apart.
    Still it pierces, still it drags, and right now it's tearing through my heart.

I am no pillar to stand alone; I am no doll with porcelain tears.
    This pain is real, this weakness true,
    this hope forsaken - lost.

What right had you, to steal my shadow?
    So that all the darkness brings is you.
    I fear the night; I fear myself.

What right?
    What ****ing right had you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

RD - I don't want to walk down the aisle with you as bridesmaid/groomsman. It hurts too much. I know this is the perfect picture she envisioned a few years ago, but we didn't turn out that way. And I don't want to pretend, even for one more moment. I should be willing to indulge our friend on her 'one special day' ... but, it's my :( life... She thinks I'm being selfish, but the pain of missing you is so intense I can't take it most days... And when you show up unannounced, staring at me with vacant eyes - it takes weeks to recover... I get lost in a million yesterdays. If we have to do this tonight, please show up as my old friend - we were good at being friends. I miss that most... Don't you? -Ki

Dear B,
    We had the best first date EVER. I laughed so much you gave me stitches. You called me lots. Then second date, boom, not a word from you since. What's with the Harry Houdini act; could you not have just said you didn't want to see me anymore? (And/or why?!)
    Dear D,
    We were more of a slow burn. I'd high hopes for us though. Again, the silent act.
    Dear Me,
    WTF? Are you jinxed after 2nd dates or what? You're like a lost sheep in dating land...the joys of being out of a LTR. Hopefully someone somewhere out there will meet you and understand...and maybe even want to go on a 3rd date!

Dear Storminateacup.
    Please stop drinking. You're making yourself fat.
    I only say it because I care.

Love,
    Storminateacup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear E,

Please, please....get out of my head :(

S x

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

N,

Please get out of MY head. I can keep busy during the days and keep thoughts of you away, but jaysis the nights are a killer.

I want you to be a distant memory, I want to feel normal again, I want you gone.

Its your birthday next week, do I txt you as usual ? or leave you be ? Acccchhhhh !!!!

D

Dear God/whatever the hell is up there,

My faith has been shaky to say the least, and my devotion non-existent.

But I've tried all avenues and now I need you.

Help?

From a tired Me

Gah, I wish I didn't love you so much. You confuse me and fascinate me in equal measure. I want to talk aimlessly into the night with you; to see the world with you; to watch you sleep with quiet awe. I want my actions to tell you how I feel so I don't have to.

There's so much more I want to say, but I know it'll take time. Just please don't get too close until you're ready for this to happen properly. I know it'll be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmmaAstra

Here it goes....
    Mam, please don't take our heated discussions/arguments so personally. I am not trying to criticise all the wonderful things you've done for us and undermine the successful person you've become. It's just I don't feel like I'm made for the life you're living. I have different ideas and feelings. They don't make how you think any less valid. Please stop feeling so insecure about this because I love you very, very much. Let's be patient with each other and we'll be okay.
    Little bro, I love that you're finally on the path to a successful and fulfilling life. It's a bout bleedin' time!!! Just don't forget me when you're a mega success, alright? Here you've made progress, but don't forget about the people in your life, you need them too. Love you!
    Dad, where do I start? You left. I felt angry. Sometimes I still do. I've got this second chance at getting to know you now, and it's like I'm meeting a whole new person. Please continue to make an effort with me because I'm so happy that this is finally happening, it's like we're friends.

Friends and friendly people, I'm trying my best to get this all sorted out, people are wonderful and complicated and that's why they're so amazing. But I do feel lonely. Some of my closest friends are in other countries, and it's scary being without them some times. I want to make new friends but it's so fcuking scary and I can't explain why. I'm being brave and just trying. Gotta give 'em a chance, they'll give me a chance in return. That's the faith that I'm holding on to.

And work people, wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I just looked at your facebook page for the first time. You are so so pathetic. Posting all this rubbish about "just when i start to trust someone, i'm reminded why i shouldn't". How sad is that. You spent the first year of my relationship with him trying to entice him away. You are such a sad individual. Do you really think anyone will ever love you? You're a horrible woman. I hope you are alone and unhappy forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I just looked at your facebook page for the first time. You are so so pathetic. Posting all this rubbish about "just when i start to trust someone, i'm reminded why i shouldn't". How sad is that. You spent the first year of my relationship with him trying to entice him away. You are such a sad individual. Do you really think anyone will ever love you? You're a horrible woman. I hope you are alone and unhappy forever.

that woman sounds like a bítch! whoever tries to entice someones elses boyfriend away from them is in the bad books to be honest! i dont understand how people can do that!

Dear so called friend!
    i miss how things used to be with us! we were so close in the summer! then by the end we were ripped apart by your jealously of something that didnt happen!
    i wish you could just see that i really dont fancy your secret boyfriend even though everyone knows whats going on! i genuinely dont find him attractive and i hate that he tore us apart and that you talk about me behind my back!
    i wish you could see that i dont like him and that this psychotic jealously you have towards me is ridiculous!!
    i miss old you!

:(

• Advertisement

Why do you sometimes say those words. There's no need. Stop showing me glimpses of a tender side. I don't want to see it. It gives me too much hope. Be a drunken prick. That makes it easier. I may have to let you go soon. It's getting too hard. I think it may be too late, I'm going to get hurt. This wasn't the arrangement.

So what, you're just going to avoid me forever, then? I mean: you're clearly keeping an eye on me every way you can. I don't know why you do it, but I know. It doesn't bother me because I like that you're interested... because I thought it was leading somewhere.

I know this is difficult. I know you want to embrace the future without losing the aspects of the past that you still care about. I can't guarantee that that will work out, whichever choice you make. But if what you've been saying to me is even half-true, then your choice is already made. I know mine is.

Please be honest with those who care about you. They will appreciate it in the long run. You have to ask yourself what choice they would make if they knew the truth.

Take your time.

Dear Magoo,

I still miss you. Almost 2 years on and I still miss you. Seeing you the other day brought all those feelings back. I don't know if you are seeing a new guy. But if you are, he is one lucky guy to have you.

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

To all of you

I know I think about her all the time, but recently I've been thinking about her more. In ways I feel like we've all moved on, and life is normal again, but then every so often it hits me how horrible that is. I mean how can someone that was such a big part of your life for so long be gone only a short time, and you've already forgotten about them. I feel terribly guilty for not thinking about her more, for not missing her more. But times like now, it hits me, and I feel like a massive chunk of my life is missing. and I wonder how am I coping with it.

It's not like we were close, but there was still always something about her, she was the one that cared about us all, worried about us, and would always phone to see how we're doing. and now nothing. I feel as bad now as I did after she died, and I'll never see her again.

She didn't deserve it. I wish it was dad instead of her. Even though I know how horrible that is to say. I blame her for it. I know how horrible that is to say too, but it was her fault. How can you be that selfish. smoking your life away, being genuinely afraid of dying, but still not giving up. It's selfish. how were we meant to explain to J that you were gone and never coming back. R won't even remember you.

I've gone through so much in the past few years and since you got sick, and I really am too fragile to be able to face it by myself sometimes. every time I have these bad thoughts returning, I now have one reason less to ignore them. It's split us all up completely, we're not a family any more, even though we were barely one before.I still hope for your own sake that you didn't realise before you died that it was your fault. I can't imagine that guilt and regret. and I don't want to.

I miss you like I never thought it was possible to miss someone.

Dear you.
    I'm really sad and i don't know why.
    I want to cry, but i'm afraid if i do i'll never stop.
    Why does this darkness just hit me sometimes from nowhere.
    I'd like to confide in you but i'm afraid you wouldn't like me if you knew the truth.
    I'm the happy, smiley girl who makes you laugh.
    What you don't know is that inside i'm hollow and lost, everything is falling apart, i don't know where i'm going and i'm so scared.

Dear Emma,
    You're completely pathetic. How you function being so oblivious to everyone else around you, and being so self centered, I really don't know.

I know that you're the apple of your parents eyes, and to them, yes you are the most important person in the world.
    But - it's not the case. You're my friend and I would always have your back, no matter what, but lately, it's impossible to defend you.

There comes a time Emma, when we must take a look at our life, and if we see that there's a pattern of the same behaviour and problems in our life, from different friends at different stages in our life -- then surely we must wonder if it's really the friends that are at fault or if it's infact ourselves.

While you were single for that entire year, I did my best to be the best friend I could be. I carried you out of the pub and brought you home, held you when you drunkenly cried yourself to sleep over a guy you barely knew but ditched us for. I was there to spend valentines night with you because you were too upset to spend it alone. I spent it with you, and not my partner, because you were my best girl. I was there to bring you to the doctor when you were too sick to bring yourself. But, where were you anytime I needed you?

I haven't seen you since may, I read about you moving away across the country on facebook -- you didnt even have the decency to text me that you were moving so far away. Anytime you call me it's to talk about your boyfriend and your new life, and it makes me a little bit sad I'm not part of your life anymore.

You're supposed to be my best friend yet you've never made the effort to meet my new baby daughter. You didn't congratulate me on my engagement, you couldn't be bothered to call and see me for my birthday (the 3rd year running) despite saying on facebook that you would.

I hate how you continue to be "close" to me on social networking sites, it feels wrong and it feels like your somehow pretending that we are still friends.

I mean - don't you think it's a little bit weird that none of your friends have met your boyfriend? Bearing in mind that you have slept in the same bed beside me and my partner, on several different nights, Im a little upset that you are hiding us. Are you ashamed of us?

You're a horrible friend but I genuinely don't believe there's a bad or malicious bone in your body. I don't think you're delibrately using us and that makes me feel worse for you. You don't realise how shi tty you really are, because you're incapable of caring about anyone else enough to realise you're not the most important person in the world.

You somehow think that it's 50% my fault we aren't close anymore, and without making excuses, you fail to realise
    1 - I work 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, hours away from where I live.
    2 - I have a 5 month old child which makes it difficult to travel long distances to visit you.

You're home to visit your parents at least once a week and can't be bothered to call to me.

This is where I think we need to draw a line under our friendship. I can't have an adult friendship with someone like you. You treat me like Im your substitute boyfriend when your single and when you're not, you pretend I don't exist. I wish you the best in your life, and hope everything works out for you, but don't come running to me anymore if it doesn't.

Take care. I mean it.

XO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

M,

I am really sad because you have turned into a frosty, distant person, and I don't want to deal with your thinly veiled aggression. You used to be one of my best friends, and I don't trust you any more, because you turned on me for no reason. I am not a doormat. You might not believe that, but I genuinely can't get my head around how you think doing what was done to you two years ago, and what upset you so much two years ago is somehow suddenly ok. I'm sick of letting things slide, and you are making my heart hurt. That isn't friendship, it isn't even vaguely respectful, and I am so tired of your behaviour, because it's making me wonder what I did to make you dislike me so much. I want my friend back, and I'm sorry but I am not willing to accept whatever you think you are entitled to dish out right now in lieu of that.

Blush.

Dude,

I have no idea what is going on. Where did the text last night come from?

I'm deliberately being general when I talk to you, you know, because I don't want to read things into anything, I've done enough of that this year, and if any running is going to be done, you can do it. I'm not going to be a pain in the ass about it, but seriously, I am not putting myself on the line again.

Your reaction on Friday night was hilarious by the way. Still giggling.

Blush.

We're breaking up this weekend, we both know it's going to happen, you want it and I need it so much. You're not the sort of person I can have in my life.

A lot of our problems are my fault, but honestly you absolutely wreck my head all the time and if you didn't then everything would, maybe or could be a lot better. I love you so much but I also hate you, and I know I will sure as hell will be ten times better without you than with you. So do your worst and finish it, it will only lift this shrouded cloud from around my head and I'll be a happy, fun person once again.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Dear Universe

Please let at least one of the emails I get back be good news, I'm praying for this.

Me.

• Advertisement

Dear You,

I never knew it was possible to love someone more and more every day. Thank you. you have taken everything we have ever talked about on board and never judged me, or tried to make me feel bad about things that have happened.
    I know I treat you badly sometimes - I get frustrated easily and you just accept that - god only knows why.
    Your text yesterday evening was amazing. It made me feel so good.
    Everything with the other important people in your life will work out. Just have faith. And I promise Ill be there every step of the way.
    I love you

xox

Advertisement