Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

B,

It's a good thing you're good looking, because if it was all about riding a personality, you'd never get it.

You made a fool of yourself on Sunday night, and I'll be damned if I'm ever going to hop into bed with you again.

Bad job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I'm still in love with you. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. I wish I could scream it sometimes. But its sad and painful because I don't like or trust you and unlike last time I will NEVER get back with you.

Boy you really fcuked up, you had me, I adored you like no other, but you had to be a nasty dismissive jerk.

I wish this emptiness would go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Why do i want you when its clear you're keeping me as a back up plan, think i need to cut ties for my sanity, even if i still love you the only reason I went with the last guy was to get over you :(

that worked a treat....not

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sashmo

To My Dad
    (Died 5 months ago)

Thank you for being such a great Daddy.
    We grew up with not much,
    like all around us!

We were happy, so were all around us.
    You had your grumpy moments,
    we've got our own kids now
    so now we understand that now more than ever.
    But we laugh now when we look back
    'cause we know we tested you and Mammy to the last!

Miss you lots.
    Think of you lots.
    Know you're at rest now.
    Never, never forget YOU!
    Love You.
    Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Dear Mr Right,

I am here. I am waiting. Where are you?! :D

Look forward to meeting you someday,

Floss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Would you just go away. You are the last thing I need to deal with right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear É

i remember the night our eyes first met. Stephens night 2008. We clicked immediately.
    My life changed for the better that day. You once told me you never felt for anybody like you did for me. For 10 months i was the happiest guy alive but then it came to an abrupt end.
    My heart still aches even though the last time we seen each other i pretended i didnt care about you anymore. that i had moved on. but in truth i will always love you and when i seen your facebook profile the other day where you were cuddled up to the new guy just like we once were my heart slowly broke. i hope that before i die i get to talk to you one more time. to set the record straight and clear up any misunderstandings we may have had.

Yours forever

xxxx
    D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dear friends,

Please stop being so lousy to me and using me whenever it suits you but never giving me anything in return.

Dear Princess Peach,

Please stop bending over backwards to do things and make time for friends who show no gratitude at all. Stop being such a pushover.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Dear X,

The internet is not all in tiny letters, it's not normal to have to resize word docs up to a 16 font before reading them. Get glasses please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

S,
    You're gone less than 24 hours. You'll be back in 48 hours. I miss you so much i physically hurt.
    I've known how much I love you for a long time, but last night proved it more than ever. I barely slept, kept turning to curl into you. But you weren't there.
    You said if I need you at all I am to ring and you'll get the first flight home. I need you. There's nothing wrong. I just need you.
    I feel so pathetic. I'm the one that insisted you go, getting you it as an early birthday present. Now you're gone I wish I had pleaded poverty. I know you're happy though, you sound like an excited child in your texts and I love that .
    Make Sunday come quick!
    Love you forever
    S
    xxxxxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

To the lady that took the message today...

Did you not realize you never hung up on me! I could here everything you said.

You have never met me in your life and we only had a brief 30 second phonecall! How the hell to you get off criticizing someones accent and then using that to judge whether they get a place! Well f**k you! Keep it! :mad:

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear friends,

I love you guys a freakish amount. Tough times we stick together. Fun times we have a ball. Never a dull moment with us. Proof distance and time never changes things <3

A

xxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Dear Son, your the best kid ever, Im so proud of you and eveything you do. I love spendin time with you and im dead proud when people say that you are a credit to me.

BUT CLEAN YOUR BLOODY ROOM :D

Love Mum xxxx

Dear IHeartChemistry,

I know that life has dealt you a rough deal. I know that there are demons that you have to overcome, and I am so proud of you for taking the right steps. You are beautiful, kind, sweet, thoughtful, clever and funny. Your greatest trait is your willingness to do anything to make your friends smile, it's the greatest similarity between you and R. I guess that's why I'm so afraid for you, because you are so like R. When R left us, it took a long time for us to pretend to be okay again, and I especially worried for you. You have the same short temper that she did, the same wit, the same empathy, the thoughtfulness, and the same sense of friendship. Because I see her in you every time that we meet, I am so scared of you ending up like R. You have so many similarities to her, and I enjoy it, but I couldn't handle any more. I am glad that you are starting to feel better, and I'm glad that you finally realise how much you mean to me, and I consider myself so very lucky to have you in my life. I told you I'd never forgive you if you ended it all, and I know you don't want to piss me off :P I hope all the time that you can be happy, and think about you more than you can imagine. But for now, I have stopped being afraid. I know that for you, the only way is up. You're such an amazing person, that it would be an unthinkable loss for the world to lose you before it has gotten to know you. I know you've started to feel better in yourself, and you know how great you are. Don't ever feel guilty for your new found confidence. Work it. You deserve it so much.

Yours,

A friend X

Did I imagine you saying you loved me? I know it was in the heat of the moment. I know you probably didn't mean it, but did you really say it?

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Oi,

Quit the sh!t, get your project done, start working on your own things and get some perspective while you're at it.

Yes, things have been a bit challenging recently. Yes, you're a bit upset. Stop dwelling on it and move the hell on - you can't sabotage everything now!!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Dear R,

Who the hell do you think you are? You do realise that, when all of this is over, you're not going to have any friends, right? None of us will put up with your crap any longer. We're not toys here for you to use. You make fart jokes and such and, the very next day, go off in a huff and call us the immature ones? Christ, you even wrote a note to your best friend about how you're going to be so famous and she'll have to borrow money off you and sweep the streets for the rest of her life. Who the hell are you to say such things? You hang around with your 25 year old sister and her friends. You're a hypocrite in so many ways.

You're 17. You're no better than the rest of us. Get off your high horse.

EmptyWithMe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Dear Beanie

This time last week we had no idea what the following day would hold for us. You were here with us, cracking your jokes, making your sly comments, being stubborn and brutal, being hilarious, being demanding and tiring, being caring and generous.

Your chair is still empty in the kitchen and we really don't know what to do with it. When will be the right time to move it? I keep expecting to walk into the kitchen and find you sitting there.

Everything we do we still do with you in mind, oh don't forget this for Beanie, don't forget that for Beanie. For so long you were the third wheel in our relationship and we really didn't care about that and now we miss our third wheel.

There were times when you really tested us, tested our patience and tested our boundaries. You asked so much of us sometimes but it was never too much. You were always there for us. When I had a rough day you listened to me. When James had a rough day you were there for him. You always had something insightful to say and of course, something funny. You were never shy about speaking the truth.

You are so so missed by everyone, James, Davy and I especially. We can't imagine how much harder it's going to get. Davy always used to say you'd outlive us all just out of pure stubbornness.

We know it was so hard on you seeing the lads setting up the business and not being in the thick of things giving orders. You got to see them ready to open and we know that made you happy because you were getting so impatient!

You were such a funny man. You used to let you didn't like Henry. Having worked as a farmer your whole life with collies as work dogs, you couldn't understand the purpose of a house dog. We caught you though, many times, buttering scraps of bread and throwing them out to Henry, or giving him scraps of meat. Just last week Henry was standing at the door and you leaned on him to help you get out over the step.

It sickens me to see the carry on of people who were never there for you when you needed them most. Maybe if they had been there for you and had been supportive of James and I we would've gotten a few more years with you. It sickens me to hear the way they speak about James and dismiss the 7 years of his life he gave up to live with you and care for you after his mum died. While James mourned his mum he dealt with the brunt of your anger while you were in mourning for your beloved wife.

It sickens me to see my grief belittled because I didn't know you as long as some people. I knew you better though and I certainly spent more time with you over a considerably shorter period of time. I knew your ways. I knew when it was best to leave you alone and I knew when you really needed someone just to sit there with you and be silent. I knew when you wanted a chat (you'd always turn the tv down low the minute I walked into the kitchen and flick the kettle).

Some of the things I have been told over the past week have brought tears to my eyes. The things you said about me to other people, about how proud you were of me and how you thought I was this strong woman. I wish I could be strong now. You'd poke fun at me for getting this upset but I just can't help it.

I hope you're at peace now and forever with Rita. I know you always believed she was waiting for you.

Love you

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Good luck Mam, I'm here to help remember.

Be all sorted soon, I hope:(

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Dear L,

I don't miss you. I'm actually glad I no longer have to speak to you. I called you my best friend for 10 years but it wasn't really friendship wasn't it? I was all about you showing off about everything. No one can be better than you, smarter than you prettier than you. Never were you able to come over to my place, no matter where I lived. You only contacted me to talk about your husband and how mentally ill he is and how brave you are to take care of him. That is indeed admirable considering the state he is in but that's something you decided willingly eight years ago, Im not gonna constantly praise you over that. yes you have a wonderful son but it be nice if you ever bothered to contact me for another reason other than letter me know that he's ill and admitted to hospital again. Had you been bothered to ask me how I'm doing, I could have told you that my grandmother died and that I'm back in college. But it's always about you isn't it? Oh and if you lie to me make sure it's consistent, otherwise it's so easy for me to point them out. Like I said, Im glad your gone.

T:

Even if we want it it cannot be so. You have a past that will always continue to haunt us, that will make it impossible for us to be together. I can only say I'm so grateful to have you in my life. Whatever will happen to us, I will always think of you. We will end up regretting this, but that's the way it is.

R:
    I think tonight said it all...

Grandma:
    Rest in peace. 92 is something to be proud of!

Mam and Dad,

You're the best. Even though you live in another country and we hardly see each other anymore, you're always there for me and I love you so much. I know I'm not easily handled at times so thanks for standing by me no matter what.

E:
    I feel a bit lonely sometimes, would you mind coming home one of these days? We could have dinner together, I'll cook.

• Advertisement

Dear IHeartChemistry,

You're gonna know who I am two lines into this...

You know I love you so so much. But you have no idea why I can be so hard on you at times. But it's because I love you :( I worry. I worry so so much that one day I'm gonna get a phonecall that you're not gonna be here anymore.
    You know what I've been through, You know how I felt after I lost mine and E's baby. I felt like there was no tomorrow. You had all that stuff going on when you didn't speak to me for ages. But I still thought about you and still worried. That's how losing you would make me feel. Like I'd lost part of me. Even wonder why I can be such a control freak?? Because I had no control the day that happened and no matter what I do I can't change it or take it back but all I can do is wonder what it would have been like to have someone call me Mom. I need to take control over stuff. It's how I know everything is gonna be ok. I can't deny it, I'm Bat Sh*t crazy and you know I'd openly admit it :P

I think that you don't realise just how much all of us care. How much it would hurt if you weren't here.

Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in it sometimes. <3

All my love,
    always, regardless of what you think or how much I've shouted at you,

S

xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Thank you for not killing me the past few days, I know Im a nightmare at the best of times and you're the only person who can actually handle me when everyone else dispairs. I love you so much and I'm so glad that we are going to spend the rest of our lives together. I'm sorry I slept with the letric blanket on the entire night, i know you got too warm but I was legit frozen. I'm also sorry for what Im about to do, sweetie. You're going to start running with me. It's non negotiable, and we will start soon. I'm doing it because I love you. It will really help when you start back training.

<3
    xo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

proud wrote: »
    Dear IHeartChemistry,

I know that life has dealt you a rough deal. I know that there are demons that you have to overcome, and I am so proud of you for taking the right steps. You are beautiful, kind, sweet, thoughtful, clever and funny. Your greatest trait is your willingness to do anything to make your friends smile, it's the greatest similarity between you and R. I guess that's why I'm so afraid for you, because you are so like R. When R left us, it took a long time for us to pretend to be okay again, and I especially worried for you. You have the same short temper that she did, the same wit, the same empathy, the thoughtfulness, and the same sense of friendship. Because I see her in you every time that we meet, I am so scared of you ending up like R. You have so many similarities to her, and I enjoy it, but I couldn't handle any more. I am glad that you are starting to feel better, and I'm glad that you finally realise how much you mean to me, and I consider myself so very lucky to have you in my life. I told you I'd never forgive you if you ended it all, and I know you don't want to piss me off :P I hope all the time that you can be happy, and think about you more than you can imagine. But for now, I have stopped being afraid. I know that for you, the only way is up. You're such an amazing person, that it would be an unthinkable loss for the world to lose you before it has gotten to know you. I know you've started to feel better in yourself, and you know how great you are. Don't ever feel guilty for your new found confidence. Work it. You deserve it so much.

Yours,

A friend X
    Dear IHeartChemistry,

You're gonna know who I am two lines into this...

You know I love you so so much. But you have no idea why I can be so hard on you at times. But it's because I love you :( I worry. I worry so so much that one day I'm gonna get a phonecall that you're not gonna be here anymore.
    You know what I've been through, You know how I felt after I lost mine and E's baby. I felt like there was no tomorrow. You had all that stuff going on when you didn't speak to me for ages. But I still thought about you and still worried. That's how losing you would make me feel. Like I'd lost part of me. Even wonder why I can be such a control freak?? Because I had no control the day that happened and no matter what I do I can't change it or take it back but all I can do is wonder what it would have been like to have someone call me Mom. I need to take control over stuff. It's how I know everything is gonna be ok. I can't deny it, I'm Bat Sh*t crazy and you know I'd openly admit it :P

I think that you don't realise just how much all of us care. How much it would hurt if you weren't here.

Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in it sometimes. <3

All my love,
    always, regardless of what you think or how much I've shouted at you,

S

xxx

To those two posters,

Thanks <3

xxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Dear cancer,

Some people are off limits. Back the f*&k off.
    You've taken too many already. Leave this one alone.

Dammitjanet

I'm doing alot better, and I will be ok, but I just need you to understand that I'm still trying...it doesn't come easy yet. It's hard for me. It's something I want, and that's why I want to get past this, but it's still something that's going to take time. I can't go from zero to ten that quickly. The way you dismissed that really threw me, it was hard to hear, I thought you understood and now I'm worried that you don't. I'm worried about how you really see me and what you really think of me. I'm not weak, I'm not a weak person, but I can't magically fix this either and I just hope you care enough to stick around while I'm trying to. I really hope you do...because I care.

I should tell you this in person, but I'm scared; I'm scared that you'll think it's too much effort.

From, me.
    x

I don't understand. I do not understand. You're asking me to understand that you're head-over-heels in love with me, but are still in a relationship with someone else, someone who doesn't know, who you won't break up with for god-knows-how-long, if ever, and who goodness knows you're probably still sleeping with, but that you're planning to split, at some unknown future time that you won't tell me, so that you can be with me. What kind of thundering gob****e would even pretend to understand that? Ockham's Razor says I'm a mug, and you're a liar.

I have a lot of questions I need to ask, obviously. If you want to talk, you know where to find me. Facebook, Twitter, email, in person, whatever. I want to talk, soon. This week. I won't be posting in this thread any more, and I'd prefer if you didn't either.

I still love you, somehow.
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Dear brother.

You're really not helping my mouse phobia. It might be highly amusing to you, but I can assure you, to anybody with more than half a braincell, it's not at all, not remotely, not in the slightest funny.
    Stop it before I have to write you a note aplogising for killing you.

Love you,
    your sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭illumi

Dear blood-relative,

Just because you're blood-related to me, doesn't mean you can get away with everything you say to me.:mad:
    Now go and bother someone else :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

Dear Exes in general

You may have cheated on me multiple time, spreads horrible lies about me, let me put my hand in my pocket far too many times while never repaying the favour and hurt me more times than I can count but im only the better for it. Yes, it still hurts sometimes but I have and will move on to bigger and better things. Sooner or later there'll be someone who will treat me as great as I treated ye, the difference being they and I deserve it. Good luck, you all need it =)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Hey you

Thank you for restoring my faith. You were so kind and generous it blew me away. You were there there this weekend for something I have been running away from for so long and yet you understood, as best you could.

Thank you for an amazing weekend ;)

xx

Advertisement