Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

binxeo wrote: »
    To my sister.

It hurts me to even call you a sister. You stopped being a sister to me when I was 14. It took me a long time but I finally realise that you are out for yourself alone. You care about nobody but yourself. You have spread rumours to our family about me, you have started family feuds that are still going on today. You care about no one. You don't care who you hurt or what friendships you destroy along the way. You have master minded a sequence of events in my life through your badness that my children and I are still suffering from now. Yet you have never apologized.

Your parents are in need right now and you complain and start more rows when you were asked to help financially, even though you are the most well off of all of us. You then take the only car they have that you loaned them because they couldn't pay you €100 a week for the loan of the car. You are willing to leave our parents with out heat and with out transport simply because they couldn't afford to buy you a wedding present. They are living hand to mouth and you say it is their own fault and you don't care. They are you parents. They still love you and you treat them worse then a dog in the street. You say your father is the most important person to you but you would let him lie in a cold damp bed at night with no heat and make him walk 8 miles with a bad leg to collect his pension. I hate you right now for the stress and worry you are putting our parents through. You have hurt everyone around you in the past but it is a shock to me that you even you would treat your own parents this way. They will be dead long enough and you will be sorry for your actions now.

You are a shallow, mean, selfish person and to me you are not a sister, just a person I wish I never knew!!!
    Oh my god, that is horrible, how could she do that to her own parents? :( parents who never let her go without, as in did the very best they could?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

booboo88 wrote: »
    Oh my god, that is horrible, how could she do that to her own parents? :( parents who never let her go without, as in did the very best they could?

She is the only one the got to go to college out of 5 kids and my parents supported her. The luxury life she has now, and the job she has now is on part because of the help and support she got through college. But yet she expects the rest of us to help with our parents issues now. Worse then that she went out and bought her parents in law a top/ bottom electric blankets a few weeks ago cause they were heating was broke for a week. And the car she lent my parents for the last couple of weeks that she wanted paying for her sister in law had for a year and never paid a penny and was never asked for a penny. What I wrote above is the tip of the ice-berg Booboo, if I was to type it all I would be so angry!:mad:

She is the only one the got to go to college out of 5 kids and my parents supported her. The luxury life she has now, and the job she has now is on part because of the help and support she got through college. But yet she expects the rest of us to help with our parents issues now. Worse then that she went out and bought her parents in law a top/ bottom electric blankets a few weeks ago cause they were heating was broke for a week. And the car she lent my parents for the last couple of weeks that she wanted paying for her sister in law had for a year and never paid a penny and was never asked for a penny. What I wrote above is the tip of the ice-berg Booboo, if I was to type it all I would be so angry!:mad:
    she's clearly not worth it, are her parents in law uppity people? she'll get her pay back, karma will come back to her

she's clearly not worth it, are her parents in law uppity people? she'll get her pay back, karma will come back to her

They made a bit of money in the boom but they are comfortable now, nothing write home about I don't think. Yeh I am a firm believer in Karma. She will get hers.

They made a bit of money in the boom but they are comfortable now, nothing write home about I don't think. Yeh I am a firm believer in Karma. She will get hers.

but in the meantime....*hug

• Advertisement

but in the meantime....*hug

Awww thank you, who says virtual hugs don't work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dear Tutor,

I hate you. I didn't sign up to endure months spent learning a skill I will never utilize in my life. I don't want to be a web designer so stop ramming HTML/CSS down my throat. I don't have any interest in it and all I want to do is work on the Film Production module. Why should I waste a year learning crap that's no use to me?
    Honestly!

Dear Me,

You just HAD to go and get that too short haircut, didn't you? Now you look like Dylan Moran dragged backwards through a hedge. Silly girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Goodbye Donie, you were a gent. The turnout today showed what people thought of you. You left nothing undone, and a wonderful family.

I'll never forget those nights till 5 in Kilmac on the Jimmy with ice.:D

I don't partake these days, but pour one for me up there, and keep some ice for it.

So long King of Bartenders, neighbour, friend. I'll be seein ya.

"Ah know baaay" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Dear Con,

You left Ireland when I was 12. You were 8 years older than me but you were fantastic with me. You'd spend hours playing games with me showing me how to catch a football so I'd go on one day to play for The Dubs. You had the patience to spend hours in my bedroom inventing voices for each of my teddies and acting out ridiculous, silly stories with them for hours. We were so close. I loved you and you loved me. I was your "little skin and blister" (sister) or "skin" for short. You'd give me advice and share your wisdom and your ability to get down to my level and have chats for hours with me about everything and anything made me the luckiest girl on our street. I worshipped the ground you walked on....loved all the music you loved, loved Gaelic football and still do because of you, loved your books and your nerdy games and your positivity and laid-back attitude to everything (you're the exception of the 5 of us kids).

But then you left for The States and I was devasted. You thought you'd be gone for just a year but you never came back and that was 18 years ago now and I feel like I've lost you as a brother. So much time has passed and we rarely keep in touch. The last time you knew me properly was when I was 12 and I'm kind of stuck in a time warp for you now. You don't know me well enough to relate to me as a woman in her 30s but you try your best. It must be strange for you. It's no one's fault...that's just how it is.

You're married now to one of the loveliest women I've ever met and you've just had a kid and I see you on Facebook and the disappointment that I don't know you better is overwhelming. The man staring out at me is practically a stranger..I see you for a week maybe every two or three years because I live away too but because of your popularity, everyone wants to see you and I rarely get a chance to hang out. It's strange when we do...both of us trying to rekindle something and try to pretend no time has passed but we're both different people now and it's upsetting when I think about it for too long (so I try not to).

I remember at your wedding 6 years ago you spoke to me and told me your biggest regret in life was that you left Ireland when you did and that you didn't get to know me better and never saw me grow up through my teens. We both cried. It was upsetting because there was nothing either of us could do to change the situation. It was a regret you'd always have but you didn't have a choice back then and I understood completely and still do.

You left just after mam died and none of us knew how you felt. You were the only one who didn't cry at her funeral but I suspect you were the one hurting the most. You almost fainted when her coffin was lifted into the grave and you almost fell in and a neighbour had to catch....but you didn't cry. None of us have any idea how you felt. I asked you once and you told me you confided in your missus and it was such a weight off my shoulders. Only sometimes I get a glimpse of how you're feeling Con, like at your wedding when we had that heart-to-heart. I saw a glimpse of the softey with the "hard man" exterior and it was almost too much to bear.

I suppose there's nothing we can do now. We live in different continents and neither of us have any intention of moving closer. I feel like I lost a brother all those years ago but strangely, I still love you in spite of the distance. You're incredible. You made a whole life for yourself over there and everyone loves you and you seem so happy. I'm delighted you've got a great woman out there looking after you. And I can tell you're an incredible dad just like you were an incredible brother back then. I can't help feeling sad when I think I'll never know you again like I did but we'll continue to live parallel lives on different continents and I'll see photos of you posted on Facebook and feel that distance. I get angry sometimes thinking life is too short to be away from your family like this and I'll know one day we'll both die regretting it.

Just to let you know I do love you Con...that'll never change and regardless of whether or not I see you, the blood ties will always be there and I'll always have those memories of my childhood.

I wish you all the very best of everything in life, Con.

Your little skin 'n' blister.xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Dear Con,

You left Ireland when I was 12. You were 8 years older than me but you were fantastic with me. You'd spend hours playing games with me showing me how to catch a football so I'd go on one day to play for The Dubs. You had the patience to spend hours in my bedroom inventing voices for each of my teddies and acting out ridiculous, silly stories with them for hours. We were so close. I loved you and you loved me. I was your "little skin and blister" (sister) or "skin" for short. You'd give me advice and share your wisdom and your ability to get down to my level and have chats for hours with me about everything and anything made me the luckiest girl on our street. I worshipped the ground you walked on....loved all the music you loved, loved Gaelic football and still do because of you, loved your books and your nerdy games and your positivity and laid-back attitude to everything (you're the exception of the 5 of us kids).

But then you left for The States and I was devasted. You thought you'd be gone for just a year but you never came back and that was 18 years ago now and I feel like I've lost you as a brother. So much time has passed and we rarely keep in touch. The last time you knew me properly was when I was 12 and I'm kind of stuck in a time warp for you now. You don't know me well enough to relate to me as a woman in her 30s but you try your best. It must be strange for you. It's no one's fault...that's just how it is.

You're married now to one of the loveliest women I've ever met and you've just had a kid and I see you on Facebook and the disappointment that I don't know you better is overwhelming. The man staring out at me is practically a stranger..I see you for a week maybe every two or three years because I live away too but because of your popularity, everyone wants to see you and I rarely get a chance to hang out. It's strange when we do...both of us trying to rekindle something and try to pretend no time has passed but we're both different people now and it's upsetting when I think about it for too long (so I try not to).

I remember at your wedding 6 years ago you spoke to me and told me your biggest regret in life was that you left Ireland when you did and that you didn't get to know me better and never saw me grow up through my teens. We both cried. It was upsetting because there was nothing either of us could do to change the situation. It was a regret you'd always have but you didn't have a choice back then and I understood completely and still do.

You left just after mam died and none of us knew how you felt. You were the only one who didn't cry at her funeral but I suspect you were the one hurting the most. You almost fainted when her coffin was lifted into the grave and you almost fell in and a neighbour had to catch....but you didn't cry. None of us have any idea how you felt. I asked you once and you told me you confided in your missus and it was such a weight off my shoulders. Only sometimes I get a glimpse of how you're feeling Con, like at your wedding when we had that heart-to-heart. I saw a glimpse of the softey with the "hard man" exterior and it was almost too much to bear.

I suppose there's nothing we can do now. We live in different continents and neither of us have any intention of moving closer. I feel like I lost a brother all those years ago but strangely, I still love you in spite of the distance. You're incredible. You made a whole life for yourself over there and everyone loves you and you seem so happy. I'm delighted you've got a great woman out there looking after you. And I can tell you're an incredible dad just like you were an incredible brother back then. I can't help feeling sad when I think I'll never know you again like I did but we'll continue to live parallel lives on different continents and I'll see photos of you posted on Facebook and feel that distance. I get angry sometimes thinking life is too short to be away from your family like this and I'll know one day we'll both die regretting it.

Just to let you know I do love you Con...that'll never change and regardless of whether or not I see you, the blood ties will always be there and I'll always have those memories of my childhood.

I wish you all the very best of everything in life, Con.

Your little skin 'n' blister.xx

If I could thank this post twice I would. I was just writing something somewhere else on the topic of losing good people from your life :( (through not being in contact for various reasons) and the notification email popped up on the phone.
    Life has many twists and turns which we don't see coming Eve, and somehow I dont think this is the end of your's and your brother's story. Actually I've seen my mother who wasn't even born when her sister emigrated 75 years ago and that sister to become as thick as thieves in later years. ;-). Neither used email or skype and we didn't have a phone till I was about ten, but it happened anyway.
    Life's too short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear .xy.

It's never going to happen, is it? I don't know why you grabbed me like you did I didn't know you that long but I still think about you, I wish there were someone else to come along and replace my thoughts and hopes for them. I knew it was over before it even began, I still don't know why. And deep down I don't think I ever will.

SC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Dear Mam,

I wish I could tell you this to your face, but you'd only cry :P

You are my hero. You're the strongest person i've ever met in my life. You make me want to be you in every single way. You're so kind and generous, and you would do anything for me.

You have been a mam and a dad to me. You have been the best parentS in the world. You have supported me through everything, even if I was wrong. you have welcomed my boyfriend so well, thank you for thinking so good of him. You have no idea how much he means to me.

You have been there for me through thick and thin, you have loved me even when I shouted horrible things at you. I didn't mean any bad words I said.

Thank you for all the times you cuddled me when I had a nightmare. And when you stayed with me when I was ill. Thank you for helping me through the worst relationship of my life, and for encouraging me in my relationship now. Thank you for holding my hand when I was in pain, and for wiping away my tears. Thank you for giving me the best mammy cuddles in the world.

Thank you for helping me cope. For coming into my bedroom and helping me out of bed when I didn't have the will to live my life anymore. You have been my strength, my support and my best friend. I would not be here without you. Every single thing you have done has made me a better person.

I'm sorry for disappointing you and letting you down. I'm sorry i'm repeating 1st first year and for staying in my boyfriend's house 3 weeks ago when I said i'd be home.

You do so much for me, to put food on the table and a roof over our heads.

I don't blame you for what happened with my dad. i've come to realise that IT'S HIS LOSS, and we don't need him. Us girlies can support each other when life gets tough :)

You should be so proud of yourself, you have every reason to be. You make everything better and I love you with all my belly (i'd say heart but my belly's bigger ;) hahaha remember that :P ).

Can't wait to see you in the morning, Gonna try scab a lift to work :P

Love You Lots <3

P.s: Thank you for making me sausages this morning after my lovely 6 hour flight, yummmm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I want to tell my boyfriend I love him, but I'm too scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Izzy j

Dear ex husband, what a useless excuse of a father you have become. You have been a tunnel vision workaholic for many years resulting in the break down of our marriage but to forget to turn up to your own child's graduation takes the biscuit! Well confirmation of where your priorities lie. As if I didn't know. Why o why am I still hurt and surprised by your actions. I shouldnt be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sue_1512

Kablamo! wrote: »
    My Dearest Daddy,
    You always told me I didn't appreciate you enough- then start humming "You'll never miss your mother 'til she's buried beneath the clay".
    You were absolutely spot on. I just never imagined that you would leave us so soon, or that there would be such a void left in my life.
    The past year or so of our relationship we fought like cat and dog. With the benefit of hindsight I know now why: I am you. I have your temper, you mannerisms, but most of all your stubborn nature. This horrifies and amuses me in equal measure :).
    If I could turn back the clock, well...
    When you dropped me to secondary school and asked for a kiss at the gates? I wouldn't worry about looking 'cool'. When you told me stories about your childhood, instead of turning up the volume on the radio, I would have given you my full attention. Instead of getting frustrated by your pushing me to go to college, get a job, whatever, I would have realised that you never wanted to pressurize me... You were just so proud of me you thought the world needed to know what I can do.
    My last words to you would change- I told you to "F off and die", and funnily enough, you had a heart attack a few hours later. The first time you ever did what I told you to. Knowing what I do now, I'd tell you that you were great, you were the best, and I was so lucky and blessed to have you for my father.
    Love, eternally,
    Your Little Girl x

"It was a sudden parting,too bitter to forget,
    those who loved you dearly are the ones who cant forget.
    we often sit and think of you and think of how you died,
    to think you couldnt say goodbye, before you closed your eyes.
    the blow was hard, the shock severe, to part with someone we loved so dear.
    our loss is great, we'll not complain but trust god to meet again.
    Two tired eyes are sleeping,Two willing eyes are still. the one who worked so hard for us, is resting at gods will.
    our family chain is broken, nothing seems the same but as god calls us one by one. the links shall join again."

hope this has some meaning for you,it was the poem on my dads memoriam card, he died last year, didnt see him for weeks but saw him 5 mins after he died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

dear boyfriend, i appreciate you so much. thank you for listening to me cry and moan at 4 in the morning (damn this time difference!) when i am having a crisis about my life and the future. thank you for being one of the few people supporting me in my decisions. i don't know what i am meant to do but i know i want to be with you and i believe the rest will fall in place.

i can't wait until december 18 when we are together again... this long distance crap is such bullsh!t.

x

dear me, get your sh!t together before it's too late!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Dear ex best friend,

We'd been best friends for almost 15 years and through thick and thin we stuck together. You supported me and vice versa. You were the person I could tell anything to and you'd never be shocked.

In hindsight you changed a few years ago. You started to have a glamorous professional career, got yourself a party loving boyfriend with influential friends (for your career). You stopped wanting to meet for quiet dinners which were originally your idea when you were teetotal and clean living. I was upset but said nothing.

Throughout our 15 years I put up with your temper tantrums and sulks because behing it all you were a very nice, decent person.

Then I got pregnant. You know when my husband said he didn't think he wanted to be in the delivery room you were the only other person I trusted well enough to consider asking. Anyway you met my son once when he was born and you've never seen him since. I asked you a few times to call over or meet for lunch but you were always too busy.

Then you text out of the blue to say you were sorry for not meeting up but you'd gotten yourself in trouble. The second time you came to see me since my son was born you came to my home in a foul, ignorant mood. You asked how I was and I said fine I had a beautiful baby boy. You said don't talk to me about f1cking babies. I almost threw you out by the scruff of your neck.

I sat there and listened to your drama for over two hours. You were hostile and rude and never had the manners or good grace to ask about us or my son. I haven't heard from you since then.

You've made no effort to meet up and I see on Facebook you've got time to go to every party in Dublin and some in
    London. You've got over 1000 friends on Facebook but you've completely abandoned me. Goodbye ex friend. Im so hurt at times by what you've done and I don't think I want to consider you a friend anymore. Some things you can forgive and forget and somethings you can't. Life moves on and I suppose not everyone wants to move with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Just a quick reminder to posters that this thread just does what is says on the tin - please post in the appropriate forum to give advice/chat.

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear Guy that gives me the metro every morning!

i think you are cute....really cute!
    you have a lovely smile and to be honest it does make comutting that much bearable and brightens up my day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Dear George,
    I miss you. I will never stop missing you.
    I wish you didnt have to leave....
    I am finding it tough without you here.
    I love you with all my heart.
    I hope you are happy wherever you are.
    sending you lots of hugs and kisses, Your Mammy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm not going to put so much pressure on myself between now and Christmas to lose weight. I'm still going to stick to the gym and my diet but I'm not going to put such pressure on myself coming up to the festive season. If I lose weight it'll be a bonus, if I don't I won't be so disappointed in myself. Your jaw nearly dropped onto the floor when I told you that. Thanks, that's exactly what I needed for my self esteem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

W,

Please come home. We are all mad with worry. I know things have been tough lately especially with the boys so young but they need you, A needs you. We are all here to help in any way we can but first you need to come home, or let us come to you.

I'm praying so hard that you are all right, that it's just a little space you needed. That you will be back in the morning. You turned back at the boarding desk - no one has seen you since. What made you decide not get on the plane? Why didn't you take your phone?

I know things are hard to confusing and hard to understand. I know that you find it hard to trust. Just a call... just to know...

Please let us find you, please be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Dear whoever is up there,

You got her home safe.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Dear ex best friends:

You were my sisters. We did everything together, and I told you about the one thing I told noone else. Then that one girl spread rumours about me and you believed her. You believed her over me. I can never forgive you for making me like this. I trust no other girls. I have no best friends, no one to confide in. It was you that ruined that with ur malicious actions, oh how quickly you turned after those lies you stupid stupid girls. Ive used facebook to stalk through your pictures..(mutual friend) and seen how much fun you guys had together without me, while I had nobody to go out with.

Now I hear you have all fallen out amongst yourselves. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH AHA AH AHAHA HA AH AHA

Karma is such a bitch!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Dear X,

Who the hell do you think you're talking to?? :mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Chat/advice posts deleted.

As already stated above:

This thread just does what is says on the tin - please use the appropriate forums/threads if you wish to give advice/chat to other posters.

Many thanks

Dear J,

Thank you for all your support and kind words. You are the world to me and I could never imagine my life without you. Thank you for our daughter she is so special and amazing and I love that she looks like you. Thank you for being so understanding about me wanting to lose weight but making sure I knew I didn't have to lose it for you. I love that you love me the way I am. You are so special to me and I hope you know that.

You are my life, my world, my everything. I am so glad we found each other.:)

Is there anything I can do/say to make you realise, it'll always be you :( i miss you so much, everytime we talk its like we're still in a relationship, all i want to do is cuddle you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just remembered it's our anniversary on Tuesday and even though a card cannot put into words how I feel I better get my bum into town tomorrow and pick you out something with a few verses in it because I know you love them kind of cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Dear D,

We've been together over 9 years now (with a year break up inbetween) but we've been through so much.
    You've stood by me through thick and thin for family issues, friends issues, work, college...I wouldn't have even passed only for you helping me with the maths.

you've saved my life litterally, so many times when I had/have the seizures and I appreciate that so much. You're family are like my family and I love you more every day.

I really dont care about marriage, all I want soon in the future is a mini me and you...your baby!

The day that hopefully happens, my life will be complete. But for now, I love you so much and you make me so happy.

Love C. xxx

Advertisement