Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Dear Mam,

I know you mean well but you have to get your sons to contribute towards the household. You are supporting grown men. Even if its just 20 or 30 each a week to help. You are in arrears with bills and can't afford oil. Anytime I mention it you say they don't have it, yet amazingly they have money for the pub, their cars, and a holiday abroad to australia.

I've been hit hard and can't afford rent and I am so greatful that I have home to move back to, to ease the burden a bit, and I will contribute and help towards the household. I'd go to hell and back to help any one of ye but for the love of holy sweet god almighty I'm going to be taken advantage of so you can allow your sons to behave irresponsibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear You,

I like you. I think you like me too but I could be wrong. I recently realised that I've been unclear too and I really want to talk about this. I don't take this stuff lightly. I don't think you do either. I'm a bit scared by it all.

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear so called friend!
    i miss how things used to be with us! we were so close in the summer! then by the end we were ripped apart by your jealously of something that didnt happen!
    i wish you could just see that i really dont fancy your secret boyfriend even though everyone knows whats going on! i genuinely dont find him attractive and i hate that he tore us apart and that you talk about me behind my back!
    i wish you could see that i dont like him and that this psychotic jealously you have towards me is ridiculous!!
    i miss old you!

:(

you know what i take it back! everything i said i take it all back!

when it all breaks down dont come crying to us you wont get any sympathy!
    you think you can treat us all like dirt and then come running back to us when (and it will) blow up in your face?
    no love it wont work that way...i will laugh in your face when that happens

its your own fault you are the one that changed not us! i admit that i have changed a bit but i didnt completely change my whole personality
    you pushed all of us away! with your fake personality and complete jealously over nothing!

i know all of you make ginger jokes at my expense..fair enough its a joke but ye will stop when it does get too much! but YOU....you do it so maliciously you have a real hate for me! but know what im glad im a red head! truely! and you know what if i wanted i can dye it again! but you will always look like a hamster!

there is no way we will be friends like we used to i just wish you would stay out of my life!

so seriously from the bottom of my heart Go fúck yourself! i dont want anything to do with ya!

Dear G

you have been such a good friend to me over the past few months
    ive known you for nearly 8 years and we've been through thick and thin together! i love you so much! you are genuinely one of my best friends
    i can tell you anything! when i was going through some personal stuff at the start of the summer you were there for me and gave me such good advice and i thank you so much for that! you are one of the nicest lads i have ever met in my entire life and i am so happy you are in my life!

love you loads

Pixie xxxxx

Ps. everyone agrees you are a WASTE of a gay man! we all wish you were straight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear Ken,

Goddammit but you're hot. You're sitting right across from me now, as I sit her glaring intently at the screen as though I'm doing something productive and not focused on the side of your head that keeps bobbing into my peripheral vision.

It's all business with you, and you're way too old for me, and probably too sophisticated too. But you make me feel like a kid in the best possible way. The phone rang at the desk the last day, and I looked around and saw you staring at me, and for about half a second, I wondered...

...but stopped myself, because it's business, isn't it? It's news, we're in with the big-shots now, hell you are the big-shot. On the front of it we have feck all in common but I want to know you. I want to hear all about your trip to Paris and be close enough to you to permanently smell that faint whiff of aftershave that sends my head in a spin.

What would you do, if you know I had this silly, girly crush on you? What would you think if you knew that despite all the professionalism and the polite Ps and Qs, I am just a silly girl with an overactive imagination and a serious soft spot for you?

Your voice enchants me and your style rocks my world. Thank God for office eye candy!

All my lust,

The Irish Girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Dear Jessibelle's brain.
    If you agree to stop drifting and thinking about boys and other such distractions, for the next few hours, and let us get our work done, I'll let you watch 'Dexter' later on.
    thanks for your co-operation,
    Jess

Dear current object of fixation.
    Please stop unknowingly distracting me. yes I am aware you are unaware of my existence and nothing will come of it ever, but still, please stop. Also, for teh record, phwoar :o.
    Jess

• Advertisement

Dear friends, I'm not sure I can do this anymore, I'm surrounded by so many people - and yet I feel so f.ucking alone. I don't even know who I can trust anyone. I don't know who wants to help and who just feels like they 'should'. I don't want to be anyones obligation. I thought I had more than this.

But now, I have nothing.

What good am I to anyone with nothing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Posts deleted, NO chat/advice thanks. Warnings throughout the thread including the very last page.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear best friend who sent me this:

I want you to give me some breathing room. I understand your upset at things, but I have a lot going on. Hearing things like "Funny story, I tried to kill myself" Aren't things I need to hear. I want to be your friend, but you have to see this from my point of view. Its starting to freak me out. So, give me time, I need to sort myself out. I'll talk to you soon.

Thanks. I owe you one. I trusted you. Now you've gone and pulled this. Go to hell.

Dear you,
    Err that was a bit intense wasn't it?
    Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Dear that gal,
    I'm a far happier person now that you aren't in my life, we were never really truly friends, and am glad that I have friends now that I feel an equal when I'm with them!

Dear that guy,
    So glad I'm finally over you, you've had such a hold on me all these years even though we mightn't see each other that often. You just treated me like crap & I deserve better. I'd rather be on my own than feel like that again!

Dear myself,
    Stop worrying about little irrelevant things, and what others think - it doesn't matter! Appreciate what you've got & who you've got, and live your life in the NOW!! Plus, give the nice guys a chance :)

• Advertisement

Dear d
    why are you so self obsessed?. How many times was I there for you when you needed me? Listened to you ramble on about all your problems, and now that I have a problem you couldn't give a crap. You expect me to drop everything and come running no matter what's going on in my life, but you think it's perfectly okay for you not to bother turning up when you have even the most minute problem or just because you don't feel like it.

I'm really sick of it.

Don't expect me to listen to your crap anymore. It's not happening.
    Me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Dear Self,

Toughen up.

Sincerely.

I'm open to talking to you, rather than at you... you could always get in touch with me the way I... you know. Sorry about that, as well. The whole thing was just getting a bit ridiculous. I don't hate you, if that's what you're wondering. Not really sure what I think, which is why I'd like to talk.

I'm going to miss this, in a twisted way. It's driven me to the brink of insanity but... it had its moments.

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Why can't I get over you?

It's been a year now since I had to break up with you, and it'll be a year since I've seen you on New Years.

I've met so many wonderful women in the last year, and not one of them meant a thing to me, none of them compare to you.

I honestly can't picture a life without you. I'd give anything to see you again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I know I can be a pain but not texting me back makes me feel ignored. Especially when I know you're not asleep and I know you're playing games on Facebook. I just miss you when you're not with me and texting makes me feel closer to you. I'm sorry I complain so much.

- J xx

Edit: People here have real issues and here I am feeling sorry for myself because I feel ignored. I need to cop the f**k on.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

Carter12 wrote: »
    Please God and the world,

Help me do what I have to do today, let me finish it and stick to my guns. Its been 10 years of CRAP.

Im a nice girl, people like me, I know that now. But so does he, and he knows im a softy for the sob stories.

Let me finish it so he can go back to his wife and perfect family, and I can get on with my life.

Please help me be strong.

To me.

Stop being so lazy and go for a ****ing run !! its only 4 weeks to the wedding and you have half a stone to lose.

GET OFF YOUR ARSE !!!!!

I hope Its ok to reply to my own post :)

YOU DID IT !!! youve lost half a stone and it wasnt very hard was it ? Go you !!! roll on the wedding this Saturday

Dear N.

Its over finally.... im sorry your wife wont have sex with you, but you married it, and I wont be your back up plan anymore

D x

Dear you,

Fcuk you. We're done. Somehow I knew this would end with us hating each other, and here we are.

Once again: fcuk you.

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Please stop taking it all out on me. I'm hurting so bad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Dear Floss,

Why oh why have you agreed to take on yet ANOTHER project, in addition to woerkloads you already have? Learn to say 'no, I am too busy at the moment' - they won't mind, they can see your calendar too.

And as for the pr*ck of a client, don't worry, don't take it personally.

Now listen, put this damn laptop away, pour yourself a vino form the fridge and relax (after doing some housework of course ;)) - it's the weekend!

See you later,

Floss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

You really deserve all this, stop being self destructive and ruining it by eating junk and putting back on the weight! You deserve the job, the nice friends and boy as you were without for a long while! Cop on to fcuk :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear bf,

I know it's selfish and you're tired but please wake up and put your arms around me.. It's been a week since I saw you and I've missed you doing that. I feel like a right bitch but this is how I feel.

I love you. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear X from X

You are a mean, nasty, stubborn, rude, inconsiderate, ill mannered, head wrecking, lying donkey. I hope you know that. What did I do to deserve that head wreck of a game/mind fcuk that you introduced and played on me? Why did you do it? May I suggest marbles for you the next time you want to fcuk with ones mind. It's fragile and it's not for you to enter with empty promises, mess with and rape. You seem to have lost your marbles though. You are disgusting. Do you have a conscience at all? A workshop on manners and courtesy would be more suitable for you. I know karma exists. I've seen it. I hope some day and sometime soon it comes to bite you in the ass. Maybe then you might think twice before you mistreat another individual with your twisted behaviour.

From me

Subwreck wrote: »
    Dear X from X

You are a mean, nasty, stubborn, rude, inconsiderate, ill mannered, head wrecking, lying donkey. I hope you know that. What did I do to deserve that head wreck of a game/mind fcuk that you introduced and played on me? Why did you do it? May I suggest marbles for you the next time you want to fcuk with ones mind. It's fragile and it's not for you to enter with empty promises, mess with and rape. You seem to have lost your marbles though. You are disgusting. Do you have a conscience at all? A workshop on manners and courtesy would be more suitable for you. I know karma exists. I've seen it. I hope some day and sometime soon it comes to bite you in the ass. Maybe then you might think twice before you mistreat another individual with your twisted behaviour.

From me

Dear X,
    It's me again. That's an absolute insult to donkeys. Donkeys are beautiful animals. You're more like a maggot. One that needs to be stepped on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear N,

I'm so glad we're getting back on track,

Love,
    Sarah
    xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

You make me so confused..
    I make the effort to be your buddy -- things go really well, all of a sudden it's WEIRD, you ignore me for two months, then try act like it's all been the same? It never can be. Were never going to be friends again.

Don't look up at me with your puppy eyes and your open face with the way you raise your eyebrows like you're genuinely interested... Don't tickle me and play hit me when we're talking. Don't cuddle me... Stop putting your arm around my waist, low on my hip on that spot that makes me melt...Stop being the most amazing person I know... Stop being so good to me, and making me feel appreciated and special... Stop reading my mind, just get out of my head altogether... Don't tell me I'm hot, or remember all these little events in our time together, and so many facts about me that your like a walking encyclopedia. Stop smelling so damn good. You are killing me. This is so confusing. We are friends.
    I want you around me. All the time. You make me completely nervous and completely at ease at the same time. You make me happy. We can't **** this up. What are we doing?! It has to stop. But I don't want it to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Wht you said yesterday, has actually floored me. I'm sorry I ever met you.
    You lied over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Dear D,

My life is a million times better with you in it. Thank you so much for being you.

Love,
    E

I can't believe you've done this to me.

I don't think there's any going back from this and I don't think I'll every be able to forgive you.

I knew you'd hurt me in the end.

I deserve better than what you're willing to give me.

I think I have to leave.

Sorry.

• Advertisement

You have no idea how easily all this could have been avoided. Actually, you do, because I told you over and over. All you had to do was tell me what you wanted, what you were going to do.

If this situation had gone on another month or two I would have thrown myself in front of a train. I would never have threatened you with that, because my emotions aren't your concern, but I was losing control. I wish I hadn't lied when you thought I was really upset about this. I didn't want to burden you. What really hurt me was that you completely took advantage after that. Like the fact that you apparently hadn't damaged me gave you free rein to do whatever you liked. Since then, it's come across as though you really don't care - like everything has to be organised to suit you and if anyone else gets hurt that's just too bad. You probably feel the same way about me.

I'm not going to pretend I don't still have feelings for you, but this just never worked. I fell for something that wasn't real. As far as I was concerned this was always unrequited. Bizarrely, I still hold out hope. I really wanted to believe that things would work out, and I still do. But they won't now, or any time soon. We're not in the right place. Maybe we never will be.

I f**king hate what this situation has turned me into.

Advertisement