Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mam,

Please, please try to stop being so stroppy with me. I don't know what you think I've done but I don't deserve getting the cold shoulder or being snapped at. It's beginning to wear me down. I'm crying writing this. You always seem to choose the day he goes home as the day to pick at me about stupid stuff. Do you not see that I'm upset already because I miss him and that nagging is only tipping me over the edge? I'm not addicted to my laptop either. You don't seem to see that I like using it. I'm not going to end up "in an awful state", stop inventing problems. I am actually happy. I do want to find a job, I do want to work. But how can I when I've interviewed for at least ten vet nursing positions since graduating. I'm not qualified for anything else, I have no experience in any other area. I'm trying.

I do love you to bits but I don't think I should have to put up with this. You're getting me down. I know I seem like an ungrateful b***h. I am thankful for everything you've done and everything you do for me.

Lots of love,

J xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Chat/commentary-type posts deleted.

Anyone new to this thread should read the mod note re no chat/comments as highlighted in the thread title.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Chat/commentary-type posts deleted.

Anyone new to this thread should read the mod note re no chat/comments as highlighted in the thread title.

Cheers.
    Im not being smart, more curious, but why?
    Theyre not being abusive or derogatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

booboo88 wrote: »
    Im not being smart, more curious, but why?
    Theyre not being abusive or derogatory.

Because we have advice forums and we have chat threads - this thread was set up to be somewhere tLL posters could just post their thoughts to whomever. There are many who report their own posts when they are commented on or when advice is given as that's not why they post here. It's really a case of the thread having a specific function and commentary/chat/advice type posts push it into being a different type of thread of which there are already plenty and which many regular posters are deliberately avoiding....if posters wanted chat/commentary/advice, they would/should post in the appropriate forum.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Gone but not forgotten, one year on, you have missed out on so much, we miss you:(

A Perfect World
    by Ron Tranmer ©

In a perfect world,
    death would never be.
    Love would be forever,
    and last eternally.

In a perfect world,
    you’d still be by our side,
    lighting up our happy lives.
    You never would have died.

In a perfect world,
    sadness would not be found.
    Love and life, and happiness
    forever would abound.

Perhaps that perfect world
    awaits us when we die.
    A world where eternal bliss
    is found in heaven’s sky.

We’ll cling to faith and hope,
    for God is a God of love,
    and in His time we’ll join you
    in a perfect world above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Dear Agent

I will never in all my life EVER rent a house from you again. I have been the most respectable tenant that I could be and still you show me no respect! I actually feel sorry for the next person to rent this place because I know they are going to be totally screwed over by you just as you did to me.

Thanks for nothing!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

teaholic wrote: »
    D,

Dont you regret not giving it a shot? I know I listened to some bad advice about us and as soon as I said it I knew I was wrong.

Hopefully after silly season is done we can relax and have a bit of fun again but you promised me nothing would change when it came to having a laugh and joke around...

I suppose I deserve it but it doesn't make it any fairer does it?

L
    D

I guess you did regret it too, you kissed me last night and it was the tenderest kiss I ever have had in my life. You kissed me again tonight and I didn't want to leave.

I know we can't tell anyone but you know what? I don't care, I like having you just for myself and not having anyone know.

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mam - I hope you know how much I loved you and how much I miss you right now. I know I have a funny way of showing how I feel but losing you has made me change my perspective on everything in my life and those of the ones around me. When you were sick all you wanted was for me to be happy, to maybe lose weight and be fit and not take my health for granted which I understood but I was finding it hard to get out of the hole we were all in. So now I hope you know the stone and a half I've shed in the last two months are for you moreso than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Dear Beanie,

Here I am in floods of tears 4 weeks on.

Who is going to make all this pain go away?

I miss you,

Your pet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

You!

You're in my head and I wish you weren't, it always seems a sadder place than it should, and I shouldn't be sad about you but I am. You're amazing. You're fantastic and so happy and a light in my life, all "there is a light that never goes out" - but you went out and I know theres a light at the end of the tunnel, but somebody plugged it out. I get little bursts of it now and again but I want you to be here and you can't be. I want you to see me and sit with me and have tea with me, with toast and chats, like we used to. I think you'd slap me, honestly, for my behaviour, and I guess I deserve it. I am messing up my own life. And part of my head tells me its not my fault, its my brains mechanisms. I've had a really crap three years now without you, and parts of that have been happy, but I never dealt with the unhappy, not properly and I'm not sure I want to, even though i know it won't go away til I do.
    I'm graduating (fingers crossed), in 10 months. Like, a proper grownup. You made me into a proper grownup before I wanted to be, because you showed me harsh stuff I never wanted to see.
    I don't want to be able to empathise with people who are hurting. I can sit there and tell them that its hard but they'll get through it and I don't want to have that knowledge. I want to get through it. I want this to be over. This part of my life, the missing you, the everything.
    I want to rewind to four years ago. I mailed D. today. Its his birthday this week. You never liked him anyway, and I could see why, he was a bit of a tool. But I want to stay in touch with the people from my past for whatever reason, even though you're the only one I really want to talk to.

I miss you everyday.

L xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Dear Everybody

Stop comparing me to my sister. You never did it when she was alive so stop doing it now as it really upsets me. I know you mean it in the best possible way but it breaks me inside.

S x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear Me

Ok so its finally dawning on you that you deserve better. The cringing when you hear of similar stories would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

You go out of your way to look after your friends and you are being so so hard on yourself. You love him, that's not a crime. You saw the good in him and defended the ****ty behavior. That's not a crime either. There's a reason that you feel peace now despite going through a really bad time.

Don't go back there ok, you have so much to look forward to, a brilliant future. Eggshells won't be part of that future, ok? Ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Babe,
    I love you with all my heart and soul,
    But for once in your life could you pick your ****ing socks up off the floor?!
    Love you xxx

I missed talking to you.

Hey you,

I hope you're ok. I see you on here so I know you didn't fall under a bus anyway.

I don't want to contact you cos, as you say, we can't just jump into the friendzone just like that. We were friends though, and it'd be nice if we could be again sometime. Is that naieve? I dunno.
    Anyway, I'm thinking of you, and I hope you're ok.

Tc ok.

Well, Well!

You have me here again! Of course it's you that has me perplexed! No-one else could do this to me! We've been getting on brilliantly recently and that's great! I'm stone mad about you, but I'm so afraid! It's been months...like 8 of them!
    You still say that you don't want a girlfriend!
    You still make my heart skip a beat and my mind go fuzzy! You still know exactly what to say to me to annoy me but you also still know what to say to make me smile and stop being annoyed with you!

You told me you love me the other day! Wow, was that a shock! I think you think you meant it too! But of course you didn't! If you really felt that way you'd be showing me off to all your family and friends! We'd be going to that party together! Why don't you want to show me off the way I'd love to be shown off! I'd be proud to be your girlfriend and to have you as my boyfriend! It would be the best Christmas Present of them all! Not that we're doing presents...sure we're not going out together!!

I know it's wrong, I know I'll get hurt and I know I'll suffer! But f*ck me you're gorgeous and funny and intelligent and kind and loving and tender and for all my talk and all my trying and all my stupidness I fell in love with you and I don't see that changing for a long time yet!

The rugby ball is in your pitch my boy - use it well, please!

Yours...always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear you,

Its finally become clear to me that you are not worth the memories or the guilt that I felt. I've seen it from your point of view, you aint seen it from mine which in itself is highly selfish. If you do decide to come crawling back, I aint jumping. I deserve respect and love and to not feel guilty. I've moved on. Good luck with your future and I wish you the best. You know where I am if you ever do decide you wanna give me a second chance. But for now, I'm flying away.

Regards
    IHC
    X

Dear friends,

I'm sorry. My guilt took over me, my depression took over me, and I'm sorry I ever let that happen. I'm sorry I tried pushing all of you away. I suppose I took taking responsibilty too literally. I know you aren't mad, I know you really are gonna stick by me through whatever. I hope you know I'll return the favour when the time comes.

I'll see you all soon and I really miss each and every one of you.
    I love you freaks,
    A
    <3
    Xxxxxx

Dear my brain,

We finally have an answer. Good luck in beating me now bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

Dear C,

It's been a lot of fun over the past few weeks, but I have no idea where this is going.

I like you, but you keep your cards close to your chest and I have no idea what you like about me, if you even like me that much or if you just like the sex. I suppose you wouldn't be insisting on dates if you just wanted sex. But I am always the one who organises them!! You are confusing.

I'm too chicken to 'define the relationship', but I suppose I'll have to over the next week or so if you don't.

Don't worry about my ex. I broke up with him, and the relationship was over a long time before I took the plunge. So while it seems like a quick turn around, in reality it wasn't.

It would be great if you could open up to me even a little bit.

Thanks!

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

I thought I saw you the other day, that I passed you in a shop queue. Was that really you, and was that someone else you were with? I thought about it for the rest of the evening and it was playing on my mind so much that I texted you the next morning but you never replied. Nor did you answer the e-mail I sent apologising for sending the text (God, how stupid I sound!). Now I just can't tell if that really was you because you don't live in this town, you live 50/60 miles away. And I wouldn't harass you with any more texts or e-mails. If you have moved on, I wouldn't blame you.

I've no right to question you in any case. I was the one who broke up with you and even when you were willing to give me another chance, I wasn't man enough to take it. Just last week, I finally opened the box of your things that you gave back to me and when I saw the photo of you and me at your graduation I started to cry when I realised what I'd done. Sure, a lot of stuff has happened since I broke up with you but it took me 7 months and more to realise what I mistake I've made? You could say I'm a slow learner. You were always the more mature one in our relationship despite me being older in age.

I keep replaying in my mind one of the last evenings we spent together. We had tea in Sally's and then drove down to visit your granny. And I just felt so happy, spending time with you and just enjoying being in your homeplace. And lying in bed that night, I thought to myself that I had found my own little bit of heaven. It didn't matter anymore that I don't believe in an actual heaven because you find it here, in this life. Why I had to throw all that away owing to my own insecurities and doubts, why I couldn't just talk things out properly with you, I'll never know. How could I have just flipped like that?

You know, in the moments themselves, we don't realise that the most significant things in our lives are happening to us. And if we somehow conspire to lose them, we can't get them back.

I'll be honest, when you said you knew from almost the first time we met that I was the one, I was skeptical. But you were right. There wasn't a single thing that together you and I wouldn't have been able to overcome but I forgot that.

If this is what's meant to be, then we move on, but I'll always carry a bit of you with me.

I love you.

OK, I tried, but I can't do this anymore. I thought I could, but I can't.

You know how I feel and I am not what you want or need. Please don't feel offended if you never here from me again. I don't trust you to be honest to spare my feelings - and why should you, you don't owe me anything.

Goodbye and good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

You're my lobster.

Every time you come back into my life, you bring light, and happiness and excitement.

You are amazing.

Xx

My Pupa

What happened? We had it all in our relatively short time together, we were mad about each other and I hadn't been that happy in years. From the moment I laid eyes on you I was yours and you approached me first, I couldn't believe it. The most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on wanted me...

When you met my friends they were all mad about you, the guys thought you were so much fun and the girls took a shine to you like no other girl I'd been with before. It was down to you though, you and your warm heart

I thought that there would be no way you could be sound but you had a heart made out of gold and you blew me away. Your kiss was amazing, your touch, your everything. The last time I saw you you kissed me and told me you never wanted to loose me. Two days later you walked away without a reason, I still don't understand, i don't get it.

There's hardly a day goes by where I don't think of you and smile, a sad smile but still a smile all the same :)

Years from now when I'm an old man feeding the ducks in the park I'll still look back and think of you and smile. I'll never forget you x

Dear S/M

We met online and didn't know each other for all that long. I liked our time together and I loved your humour. Had respect for you.

Afterwards - what happened?
    What you offered was so nice, kind and thoughtful. I was in awe. But, not following through without even so much as a message to let me know what the situation is was a kick in the teeth. I was good enough to offer a gift to but I wasn't good enough to send it to nor was I good enough for a message. Get my hopes up and leave me hanging on the issue leaving me wondering and confused. That really screamed fcuk off at me.

You then eventually decided to suggest seconds where I brought up the situation for discussion. You were obnoxious with the half assed apology if you can even call it that. I was good enough to come back to for another night but I wasn't good enough for you to fix it.

Do you understand how I am hurt by your actions? I was disappointed and upset.

The strange thing is, even after this treatment I still like you and I would go back to you for more in a heartbeat if you were to turn around and show interest again. But I feel that's not going to happen.

I liked you. And miss you. Thank christ you are dwindling from my mind fast because that's exactly what's needed here.

C/A

Dear Boss

Why do you hate me? Why do you want to make me miserable? Why do you always ruin my Friday evening and send me home in such a bad mood?

Why do you refuse to let me speak? Why do you pretend you're taking on board what I'm saying, my suggestions for how to make our work easier, and then hop a "work review" on me?

A "work review" which is basically just an excuse for you to tell me I'm **** when I'm not. There are only so many hours in the day and telling me to prioritise doesn't change the fact that there are only so many hours in the day. I do everything you ask of me but you want me to be a ****ing mind reader. You want me to be ahead of myself but how the **** can I be ahead of myself when you keep dragging me back with last minute things that you forgot about.

You think that you've something hanging over my head with the constant threat that you're looking for someone better than me. Do you honestly think I give a **** about you or your ****ing job? I ****ing hate you and all of your staff hate you and all of your clients despise you and wish they had never knocked on your door. Go and ****ing find someone else. The only reason I haven't walked out is because I am the only one at home working.

I cannot wait to walk into your office and hand you my notice. You are a ****ing bitch and the whole world knows it.

Also, STOP REFERRING TO THE TIME OFF I HAD WHEN MY BOYFRIEND'S DAD PASSED AWAY AS MY HOLIDAYS. It was far from a ****ing holiday!!

I hope you wake up someday and realise that you have that place run into the ground and you have made yourself a figure of hate.

Seriousy? Did you HAVE to hug me? I was doing so well, was starting to convince myself that it was just a lapse of sanity. Then awh, you're so brazenly affectionate.. I just wanted to climb into you, soft and safe and warm and lovely. Every single time, you have me so wrapped around your finger I can never turn you down. You're stringing me along I think. I know you like the attention and know my head's a mess :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭Ms Minnie Mouse

Dear D.

For the past nine months you've sent me at least 20 texts daily asking me to take you back. This is our third separation and this is the last.

Over the 6 years we were together, you lied to me, you gave me bruises, you took away my money and my liberty. You ignored our children, you literally imprisoned us in our own home. You defamed me, you treated me like your whore, your skivvy and your possession. When I married you I had no idea of the man you'd become. I will never forget when the children and I had to stay with my friend's mother in Dublin because you turned up late at night, fists flying - even trying to push me down the stairs with our then three-year-old daughter - and then locked us out with our son still inside.

I had enough of cleaning up your vomit and mopping up blood. I had enough of you spending my wages and placing our very security at risk. Your violence towards your family members was only a fraction of that which you directed at me.

You also stole my dreams.

If you really understand how bad things were, why are you still trying to persuade me to take you back? Why are you refusing to contribute towards your children? Why are you continuing to make up lies and excuses - even breaching a court order in the process?

You took away the best years of my life. Now, nine months later, our six year old can finally sleep through the night. Both children are doing well in school. They are in a loving home with no violence, no disturbance and they are secure. You can make all the threats you want but my two little angels are all the proof I need that I did the right thing by leaving.

In the end, you did not break me, you made me stronger. I am now becoming the person I should be.

MM

Dear D

You are a complete wagon to work with and I'm sick of watching you bully your staff. You do not have their respect, you have their fear. I believe though that you may have met your match in one of them.

I can work with you no longer and your direct bullying of me - your colleague, not even your team member - is not going to continue. Believe me.

We're supposed to be professionals. You, my dear, are not.

Up yours

MM

Dear You,

It has been 6 weeks and I am still a little confused by you getting with my friend 12 hours after we went on a break, after three years together. And now you are a couple. Well listen it is no odds on me, because the girl looks like a sow. After a year of feeling quite down about myself, I suddenly feel amazing when I compare myself to what you are with now!!!

Shadow

I know we don't get on. I know I don't make any effort to see you and you don't make any effort to see me. I just can't be in that house, not after all those bad years, it just brings back too many bad memories. You threaten that you'll come and see me but you never do. That's all they are, threats. You have absolutely no interest in my life. This is evident in how you refer to my boyfriend as "him" or as though he is some temporary fix in my life. You know we're living together. You know I devoted the past couple of years to help him care for his father. You know that that is not something you do for somebody temporary. You asked me what I was doing for Christmas and when I told you, you said "well I'm glad you won't be on your own". That just shows blatant disregard for my relationship.

I wish I could go back to when I was 8 and you used to read the Chronicles of Narnia to me and then put me to bed but it would still be **** because my dad would still be an alcoholic and you would still be in denial.

For years after I moved out of home and lived on my own I used to sometimes think I could hear the two of your roaring at each other. When I was living on my own, with no other person in the house and I'd still have your arguments running around in my head. How messed up is that?

I'm so happy now in my current situation and I can't even share that with you because what's the point? What would you say? Would you behave any differently towards me or my boyfriend?

If you got to know him you'd see what an amazing person he is. I don't just love him because he's my boyfriend I love him because he is a truly wonderful person.

I don't know what to do.

I can't just leave like this.

I know what I want. That has been a constant throughout this. It's always been you.

I haven't been able to trust you in so long, though. You lied to me so many times. Remember the summer? Betrayal with a smile hurts just as much as whatever acerbic jibes I come out with.

I don't want to string you along. I'm not ready for this, and I don't think you are either.

But I can't let go. I just can't. I've tried to be dignified and move on, but there's been so much left unsaid.

I don't want to throw this away. Maybe I already have.

Please. What do you want? Be true to yourself. Please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Shadow12 wrote: »
    Dear You,

It has been 6 weeks and I am still a little confused by you getting with my friend 12 hours after we went on a break, after three years together. And now you are a couple. Well listen it is no odds on me, because the girl looks like a sow. After a year of feeling quite down about myself, I suddenly feel amazing when I compare myself to what you are with now!!!

Shadow
    If you have to resort to commenting on looks so cattily, then it appears it does bother you...

Advertisement