Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Dudess wrote: »
    If you have to resort to commenting on looks so cattily, then it appears it does bother you...

Dudess, please, no commenting on posts that have gone before.

Thanks,

Maple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

To my Best Friend

Your phone call this morning brightened my day and I'm going to do my damndest to track down my passport and get over to London for Christmas. Thank you for reading me so well and always knowing exactly what to say.

I would be truly lost without you and can't wait to catch up very soon.

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I wish we were still good friends. No more, no less. I miss just having a laugh with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

N,
    I am sorry you have problems, but I can't deal with you anymore. Every time we become friends again you hurt me. You could have destroyed my relationship, and you made me so sad I started cutting myself again. Please go get better before you destroy yourself, me and others.

M,
    Even after all this **** I'm mad about you. I forgive you for what happened, because I know you'd do anything for me. I wish I could say it more/be more affectionate, but i'm learning now. I want to let you in, but I don't know if you see my perspective yet, and talking about it is so messy and painful. I'm so scared of losing you that sometimes I kid myself I don't want you. When all these stupid things happen and I lose control, you are the only nice thing that cheers me up. Please don't get sick of me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Dear Me,

Stop being a narky bitch. Make a decision on Christmas and leave it at that.
    You went home last year and it was horrible. You don't want that again so just stay in your own place. You don't need to apologise to anyone for not putting yourself back into that situation. Yes, mam and dad won't be entirely happy but they'll get over. I'm sure they don't want a repeat of last year either. Stop wrestling with yourself over this. There is no point in going home and having everyone be miserable. Those two bitches will make it impossible if you're there, so why bother? Let them have the christmas they want and you can have the christmas you want.

Stay in the apartment, watch some cheesy movies and eat yourself stupid. Its only a day.

Me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Mum,

I've said so many nice things about here but god knows why I bothered. You are just a hypocritical bitch. I only asked you for help with what YOU want me to do. What did I get in return? A ****ing attack. I know what needs to be done, my god you won't let me forget. But when do you expect me to do it? I'm only home for less than 48 hours a week and I need a life as well.

You're great at telling everyone how badly people treat you but have you ever looked at yourself? At how you treat others? You are exactly the same. It's just all about you. Except it's not. You're a self absorbed drama queen. You need people to know how hard it is for you.get over yourself ffs.

I don't know why I bother worrying about you so much. Why I bother to care. I'm even being turned away from my own father, your husband. You know that he has his side too.

I've got enough to deal with and now you're bringing up this pathetic ****e. Who gives a crap?

I hate coming gone because it's the same stupid crap every week. And then you blame me for not being home. Can you not see the hypocrisy in that? Stop holding things over me. It's not fair

Your daughter who for some reason is still going to end up caring when she really shouldn't.
    XxMCRxBabyxX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I have an idea why you're being so distant with me and how dare you accuse me of being cold hearted.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

LostGirly wrote: »
    Hey you,

You struck up a conversation with me and for months we were just friends, but we both knew it would eventually go somewhere else and when it did I already loved you! We went on our first date and it was lovely and then another and another and another! But that's where it all went wrong! You said you weren't ready for a relationship and you just wanted NSA! I knew this wasn't going to be ok with me in the long run but I thought "I'm a big girl now, I can do this, plus he'll eventually change his mind". You didn't did you!

Now 6 months later we have all the components of a relationship except no-one knows about us and we don't really do anything in public together because we're not in a relationship are we! You keep telling me I'm perfect and that I can do better than you, yes I can but I don't want anyone else! I want you and you have no idea how much!! Or maybe you do and fail to admit it and fail to admit to yourself how good a thing we could have!!

It hurts so bad when you say you don't want a relationship because I know it means you don't want one with me! And I know one day this will end because you'll found someone else and you'll be in a perfect little relationship with her, going for dinner and cinema and holidays etc! I dread that day!!

But until then, I'll look forward to your texts every day, your late night phone calls, the fun in bed and of course your amazingly soft side when you let something get to you and confide in me!!

I've loved you for nearly a year, I'll love you until you break my heart and I'll probably love you well after that too :(

From

Me

Hey you,

Imagine, we're still together! How did that happen?? You also said those three little words that I thought I'd never hear recently! That floored me, I really wasn't expecting you to say it! I'm overwhelmed but so truly happy you said it!

Love,

Me :-D

Dear xxxx

You're like a sister to me, we grew up together and shared everything together, but now it's all changed. Things can never be the same, and I'm so sorry that it breaks your heart, because it's breaking mine too...but I just can't forgive you for this.

You betrayed my trust, you took away my control of the situation by telling someone else what happened to me. By telling a child?! I understand that you think she's mature enough to deal with it, and that you feel you needed someone to talk to, but god - a child? Don't you see how hard it is for me now, knowing that the possiblity of it getting out is there; that she could easily let it slip just like that? It was so so hard for me to tell you what happened, and even then I only told you what you needed to know, so for you to do this to me - it's broken me, and it's broken my heart.

The worst thing was you couldn't accept you were wrong! Even after I told you I'd spoken to my therapist before addressing it with you, you couldn't accept it! You threw it back in my face saying I couldn't be 'that' upset when I was able to go out drinking, and gave me a guilt trip about all the problems you have to deal with right now. Don't you understand that I DON'T CARE?! I'm in this horrible place where every day is a constant battle just to stay alive, I feel like I'm treading water and just one more wave will make me sink. When you sent me that text I was in town, and I don't even know how I got home. I couldn't think, I couldn't feel, I just walked and walked til I got there and then sat in the dark for hours when the tears just wouldn't stop.

I asked you not to speak to the other person who knows, I asked you not to rant off to her about it all because she can't deal with it and it's not fair to put it on her, it's between me and you. But you did, and she rang me shaking she was that upset. That killed me!!!! To know I hurt her like that?! To know she felt that way because of me?! She knows I'm not ok now, and that's all your fault!!! I didn't want her to know, Jesus don't you understand how much she worries? Don't you have any consideration for anyone other than yourself?! All I've done all my life is worry about other people and how they feel, and you call me selfish?! I can't deal with anyone elses problems right now, and I'm sorry! But I just can't! Don't you think I feel terrible that I can't even muster the courage to spend time with my own sister?! That even seeing my friends is hardest thing in the world?! I've reached my limit, I can't deal with anything more than what's going on inside my head, so Jesus stop pushing me!!!

Just because I'm not crying on your shoulder doesn't mean this isn't killing me inside!! I'm dealing with so much right now, I'm just trying to stay alive!!!! The free counsellor was useless, she made me feel even worse and came out with stuff I know wasn't helping me, but I can't afford anything else right now so all I can do is keep going and hope I don't stop - because I don't know if I can start again.

I'm going to see a proper psychologist soon, and I know she can help me. I have to know, because it's the only hope I have right now. I need hope, god I need hope.

I haven't told you how bad things are because it's none of your business! It's no-ones business but mine! But imagine I had, then you'd have told her even more! You've just proven to me the one thing I feared the most, that I can't trust anyone. I can't depend on anyone. I'm on my own. If it wasn't for the one person who can understand how I feel, I'm not sure I'd even still be around right now. And I'm terrified he won't stick around either, it's hardly fair on him.

Your home was my home too. I didn't have anywhere else and it was home to me. But now, now I don't even know where I can go for Christmas. There's nowhere I belong.

That night, that man took almost everything from me, and you've just finished the job.

Fcuk you.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

Wester wrote: »
    I thought I saw you the other day, that I passed you in a shop queue. Was that really you, and was that someone else you were with? I thought about it for the rest of the evening and it was playing on my mind so much that I texted you the next morning but you never replied. Nor did you answer the e-mail I sent apologising for sending the text (God, how stupid I sound!). Now I just can't tell if that really was you because you don't live in this town, you live 50/60 miles away. And I wouldn't harass you with any more texts or e-mails. If you have moved on, I wouldn't blame you.

I've no right to question you in any case. I was the one who broke up with you and even when you were willing to give me another chance, I wasn't man enough to take it. Just last week, I finally opened the box of your things that you gave back to me and when I saw the photo of you and me at your graduation I started to cry when I realised what I'd done. Sure, a lot of stuff has happened since I broke up with you but it took me 7 months and more to realise what I mistake I've made? You could say I'm a slow learner. You were always the more mature one in our relationship despite me being older in age.

I keep replaying in my mind one of the last evenings we spent together. We had tea in Sally's and then drove down to visit your granny. And I just felt so happy, spending time with you and just enjoying being in your homeplace. And lying in bed that night, I thought to myself that I had found my own little bit of heaven. It didn't matter anymore that I don't believe in an actual heaven because you find it here, in this life. Why I had to throw all that away owing to my own insecurities and doubts, why I couldn't just talk things out properly with you, I'll never know. How could I have just flipped like that?

You know, in the moments themselves, we don't realise that the most significant things in our lives are happening to us. And if we somehow conspire to lose them, we can't get them back.

I'll be honest, when you said you knew from almost the first time we met that I was the one, I was skeptical. But you were right. There wasn't a single thing that together you and I wouldn't have been able to overcome but I forgot that.

If this is what's meant to be, then we move on, but I'll always carry a bit of you with me.

I love you.

Yes, that was you. You texted me this morning and told me - I appreciated that because you didn't have to do it but like you said, we could bump into each other around town. That would be weird, all the same. I'll be moving in the New Year so it mighn't happen. Of course, I can't change what I've already said and how I feel. I hope he treats you like a princess, you deserve it. The song linked below reminds me of what we had and what I threw away but I know I have to move on now. At least I have all those happy memories.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVNTjPiRpMs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 pixie80

Dear Mam and Dad,

Why the hell did you keep me back in 4th class? I never knew why and never questioned you on why. God I wish you had given me the same courtesy as you gave my sister. You at least discussed the issue with her, asked her if she minded being in the same class as me. She didn't want to be and so you held me back too. As a result I lost all my friends, all my self esteem and the little bit of confidence I had. I thought that I was stupid and thick.

I only asked Mam at the age of 24 why I was held back. You know that when I initially found out, that I hated and I blamed my sister. I actually made her cry when I screamed out at her all my frustrations about this. It took a while to realise that it wasn't her that I should be blaming but the both of you. She shares my pain because you held her back too. You shouldn't have put her in that position that she got to decide on my future. She was the child and you were the adults but you couldn't even treat us equally. You should have left me be.

All of that hurt me but what hurts the most in all this is that I had to learn of it from the teacher. You didn't see the tears I shed. You never gave me the chance to speak my mind or to my sister. Maybe I could have spoken to her I could have made her see that being in my class wouldn't be so bad. Why didn't you speak to me? I thought it was the teacher who thought I needed to be held back. You made me think so little of myself.

You're lucky that I love you both so much or I'd never forgive you for that.

From

A,
    As you won't agree to meet with me I'm going to say my piece here! I really don't understand what went wrong between us. I had waited so many years to speak to you again and when we finally met the spark was still there. You really understood me and for the first time ever I felt a genuine connection to someone. I never expected or asked anything of you and although things were a bit messy you insisted that we would have a future together. I'll admit I was scared that I couldn't be what you needed me to be but I said nothing. And then what happened? I don't know how we went from that day in bed with you planning the future to you deciding that I needed to move on and forget all about you! I know things are messy at the moment and you are busy with other stuff but you found time before. What has changed and why won't you just talk to me? I am so afraid that you are making a mistake and that as a result I will lose my soulmate. But I can't do anymore and so this is goodbye?? It just seems so wrong. I really hope you will be happy with the path you choose and I think you know that you could come back for me at anytime - I've waited this long, whats another few years?? But I'm afraid there may be no third time lucky :-( Look after yourself, and thanks for everything! Be good, or be good at it ;-)
    S

C,
    thank you so much for putting up with my sh*t this past year, even though you had enough on your own plate. I can never repay you for all the times you called and texted, making sure I ate and keeping my spirits up. I owe ya big time girl and heres hoping the next year is a much better one for us both!! I love ya loads xxx
    S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Dear Life,

Please be more like the movies :(

Pretty please, with a million billion trillion gazillion cherries on top. I'll love you forever :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Mum,

I've said so many nice things about here but god knows why I bothered. You are just a hypocritical bitch. I only asked you for help with what YOU want me to do. What did I get in return? A ****ing attack. I know what needs to be done, my god you won't let me forget. But when do you expect me to do it? I'm only home for less than 48 hours a week and I need a life as well.

You're great at telling everyone how badly people treat you but have you ever looked at yourself? At how you treat others? You are exactly the same. It's just all about you. Except it's not. You're a self absorbed drama queen. You need people to know how hard it is for you.get over yourself ffs.

I don't know why I bother worrying about you so much. Why I bother to care. I'm even being turned away from my own father, your husband. You know that he has his side too.

I've got enough to deal with and now you're bringing up this pathetic ****e. Who gives a crap?

I hate coming gone because it's the same stupid crap every week. And then you blame me for not being home. Can you not see the hypocrisy in that? Stop holding things over me. It's not fair

Your daughter who for some reason is still going to end up caring when she really shouldn't.
    XxMCRxBabyxX

Wow, you just made it so much better. "Now you'll have something to talk about tomorrow". Do you really think that I would need something as pathetically insignificant as this to bring up in counselling after the life of misery you and dad have given me?! Really?

I'm fcuking 20 and look at me. I'm a mess because of the ****e I've had to put up with because of you.

How can I do things when you drag me away from them for hours at a time? And then you make up **** and blame **** on me that was your fault.

What have I ever done to you? I have been far too good to you lately. Listening to so much crap that I should never have to here. You seem to be forgetting that you were the bad guy once. You may have, I haven't

I can't keep doing this. I have no sanity left. I'm losing what happiness I have, what last bit of a life that I've managed to keep

I haven't seen you in nearly two years, I haven't kissed anyone since I last kissed you. I made a promise to you that I would always love you and despite my best efforts I have kept that promise.

You have recently split with your girlfriend and I want you to choose me again. We had a perfect relationship, okay the distance was a problem but I was working on that and you knew I was.

Still to this day I don't know why you changed your mind. When we spoke the other day you told me that the morning you arrived here to visit was still the most perfect time ever and that yes you still miss me (even if it's only sometimes).

I know this time will be more difficult as I don't trust that you wouldn't shatter my heart all over again but I am willing to take the risk.

Please fall in love with me again because I never fell out of love with you. XXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear Mam,

i know the past week has been really hard for you, its been hard on all of us
    i know you have been hurting that she is gone! but dont worry she is in a better place!
    i was told about a house i can move into for college but im afraid to tell you because i know you will be on your own and i dont want to leave you on your own. But the thing is i need my own independence too i need to move away from home again! commuting is killing me!

i hope you find peace and learn to cope with whats happened!

Lots of Love

M

xxxx

PS ive been leaving my bedroom in an absolute state on purpose just do you will have something to do to keep your mind off things :)

xxxx

You are so shallow, and I have seen it. :)

You need to get over yourself, it's laughable at this stage. I am glad I have the maturity to look deeper and my future thankfully will never be with you.

I pity you at this stage. I'm looking forward now. You got me when my guard was down, but I have learnt so much about myself recently that I am proud of and how dare you even suggest ways to change me.

God I am proud of myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Dear ****

I know you want more than what you're saying, why won't you just try? What is stopping you, what are you afraid of? Take a leap, you could be very happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Dear Cancer,
    **** you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Dear new colleague,

Please please PLEASE do not walk into my office and use the lip balm I keep on my desk without asking. If you asked I would say NO. I don't know you and I don't want you pawing through my things and putting your finger back in the tub after you've rubbed your lips. It is disgusting and at the age of 42 you should know better.

With thanks,
    A disgruntled lip balm fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mam,

Can you not see you're making me miserable? I'm sitting here crying and I should be happy today. I don't know how much more I can take. You're making me wish I could move out just to be able to breathe and stop constantly walking on eggshells. That makes me feels sad to think I actually would like to move away from home.

Jane x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Dad: You're my favourite person ever.
    Always amazed that you came from a family where your parents didn't finish school but you supported yourself to go through college and even do a PHD.
    Also always proud that you can mix with any of my friends and get on great with them.
    Not too good at this sort of thing so I'll stop there but I love you.

Dear person,

What a liar, and horrible person you were. You're finally leaving my mind. It took ages. So long and farewell and fcuk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

sarahbro wrote: »
    Dear Cancer,
    **** you.

I'll +1 that tonight

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Dear Eminem,

Thank you for cheering me up whenever I am down. I look forward to continuing our working relationship.

Dear Me,

Stay studying you muppet

Dear Santa,

I like you, just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

When I was gone I wanted to come.. and now I'm here.. I want to go again.

Can I start from scratch and have everything I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Dear guy in work

Your engaged to be married for the love of jesus, you lie about where you go.
    And are very sneaky, you seemed like such a nice guy and I admit the flirting was fun to pass time in work, but you took it too far.
    Seriously, you actually cheated on her. and you're gonna marry her and talk about how much you love her.

You are such A CREEP.
    She desserves better than you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Dad,

I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better.

It's been six months since the seizure during which you fractured your vertebrae. Things were going so well. Seizure free. You'd started Physiotherapy. Talking about going back to work. You were almost the person you were before again.

Then another seizure. Another fracture. Just when you had started to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I used to hate when you had seizures because I was frightened. I couldn't bear to watch. I'm not frightened anymore though. I'm just so angry. I'm so fucking angry that some idiot had to drive home after a night out. Had to hit you. Had to almost kill you. Had to leave you with this shit illness that screws things up for you, time after time.

You don't deserve this. Nobody deserves this.

It'd be easy for me to say that we're gonna keep fighting this, that everything is gonna be okay. I know that sometimes you wanna give up though. And I kind of understand. You feel like you're fighting a losing battle. It'd be wrong to say that you're not lately. Just hang on in there. This is the bad, but the good has to come back. We love you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Dear woman on escalator with cough.
    I'm sure it's not nice for you having that terrible cough.
    I sincerely hope you get better soon.
    However.
    The next time you're out in public and feel the need to cough- would you please put your hand up and cover your mouth?
    I'm fairly sure that every one of us walking on the other escalator,did not want to be coughed upon,
    Thank you.
    msthe80s et al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Dear E, my darling wife

You're the best thing that ever happened to me.

Thank you. I love you.

Advertisement