Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Dear new colleague,

Please please PLEASE do not walk into my office and use the lip balm I keep on my desk without asking. If you asked I would say NO. I don't know you and I don't want you pawing through my things and putting your finger back in the tub after you've rubbed your lips. It is disgusting and at the age of 42 you should know better.

With thanks,
    A disgruntled lip balm fan

no!! you always ask!!

Dear Pixie!!!

stop gping online whewn drunk
    you just make a show of yourself!!!

from driunk Pixie!!!!

Ps stop ringing ppl when drunk you juist waste your credit ffs!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have more than one. hope thats allowed.

Dear You!

I Love you like a brother. you're my best friend in the world, i've been a pain in the butt this past 12 months i know, you're my outlet but we've had our fun together i know that,
    so why do you suddenly change because i have a boyf now.. that is hurting me more than anything else. He knows about u, knows your my other "brother" , i would give him up before losing you. and thats huge cos i really like him.
    Hope we can get through this becuase i cant imagine my life without you in now and i only know you over a year. Love, A

Dear D

So much for us always being friends. seriously, the way you treat you friends has been unbelievable and to think i thought it was just me, well maybe you dont mind letting me go anyway.
    when i think that 8 years ago , the thought of us not talking made me cry and us chatting loads at that stage.
    Twas good to know you anyway, I'll always have place for you in my heart, tried to get rid but wont happen.
    you hurt me. but i let you hurt me.
    Good Luck.
    Bye.
    A.

Dear you

I know you're bad for me, all you do is hurt me and let me down. You don't care..not really, and yet despite it all i wish you did. How messed up is that?! You made me feel like crap time and time again, and still I wish that just for one minute you'd care. I guess I just hate thinking I could get someone so so wrong.

I wish you cared enough to see past all of this, to see that i'm still here somewhere and i'm trying so hard to make my way back to me.

I wish we could have had the kind of intimacy that comes naturally..and the hugs you don't have to ask for.

I wish we could have laughed more instead of things always being so hard.. Because the times we did were amazing.

I wish i'd had the nerve to tell you that I thought about you every single night I was away; that one night I sat looking at your photos and falling in 'like' with you a little bit more with each one. I say 'like ' because no I'm not in love with you, but that's because I never got to know you well enough to.

.I wish I had.

I wish you'd been the person I all those pretend conversations with in my head before I saw you again. I wish related life had matched up to how I imagined things could be.

I wish you hadn't hurt me so much when you knew I was hurting so so much already.

I wish that after all this time it could have been worth it.

... And I wish you wished it all too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Bleh.......just fall in love with me! It'd save loads of time! Trust me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear you,

Wow. I'm slowly getting over you, yes slowly but surely. I don't have that dull ache every minute anymore, sure I'll always have feelings for you, but this I can cope with. When I see you, I'll the get familiar butterflies but hopefully I can be strong and realize its just never going to work.

You'll always be so special to me even though you dislike me now.

Love,
    Me. x

Dear Me,
    Be positive and happy, believe that 2012 will be a good one for you!

• Advertisement

Dear P,
    We have become very close friends over the past few years. In fact, I think I have been a really good friend to you in many ways. You are a very clingy, needy, paranoid person who demands a lot of time from a friendship. This is partly due to your mental health problems. That was fine, I could manage that. There is nobody in this world perfect and I sure am not.

You got married last July and I was there for you 110% for the 2 years after you got engaged. I helped you with everything for the wedding and did so with a heart and a half. I organised a staff night out for you before the wedding and made up your mass booklets. I was so excited for you and your 12 year old son(whose father you are estranged from) and your 2 year old daughter with your fiancé. I think everyone shed a tear at the reception when your new husband referred to your oldest son as "our son". What a wonderful man. He has stood by you through thick, thin, meltdowns, I could go on and on.......for the past ten years.

You confessed to me this week that you have been having an affair for the past 18months and your devastated husband is moving out of the family home after Christmas. You went through with the wedding despite the fact that you were actively having an affair with someone else. You feel like you need to start "living again" and that your marriage is dead. You fell in love with someone else and these thing just "happen". Well I know the effects of such a betrayal. I know how it tore my own family to pieces. You have been trying so hard to milk sympathy from me but let me tell you ;

You want to start "living" again, you are 38 years of f***ing age? Eh, hello.
    STOP being so flippant about everything. You do not give a sh*t about your poor husband or the fact that he is losing everything and this disgusts me more than you will ever know.

You have deceived and lied to me for the past 18months, God knows how your poor husband feels. You really have not thought this through and are being so so selfish. Your poor children.

Don't come knocking on my door when your life falls to pieces. Go to your other friends who knew all along and helped facilitate your seedy affair. Go to your bridesmaids who stood on the alter knowing you were sleeping with someone else. You will reap what you have sewn and I hope your affair was worth it.

Yours in disgust,
    Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Dear BH

Glad the only thing you haven't destroyed is the connection i have with my my hubby's family I have such a close bond with them for you to destroy that!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Dear the Sight God (or whatever it is that you go by),

I don't know what I've done to you but can you please let me find my glasses, or the contacts that I got today that have already disappeared. It'd be great if you could also fix the contacts that I have so I can, you know, actually see with them?

I'm not really enjoying this whole everything is a blur thing so it'd be great if you could try fix it!

Thanks,
    XxMCRxBabyxX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Babe, I still get butterflies when I see you. A year today, that flew didn't it.. Can't believe you stuck me for 12 months lol. This day last year when you kissed me for the first time the whole world stood still. I didn't want you to leave that day and despite it being only the second time we met, I missed you when you left. Here's hoping I'll be writing a similar post this time next year. I love you with all my heart. :) x x x x x

Dear me,

You are a "problem drinker", you have been since you started a 17. You're old enough now to cop the **** on and accept it for what it is and stop making excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

B- I'll wean myself off you eventually. For now, I'm just going to maintain the delusion in my head that you're a nice guy and ignore the fact that you're actually a toolbag who juts happens to be unreal in the sack with a body like a Ken doll.

N- Make up your mind or I am giving up on the 01 January.

P- We are done. I can't deal with your constant negativity and lack of ability to have an interesting conversation. I am not be the same person anymore - sorry I'm not depressed and boring. My life is amazing and it's because I got rid of negative people like you.

D&N- I love you two girls more than life itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

S - what the hell dude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

just once im asking why , why couldnt it have been real.

Dear M

I'm sick of being your experiment. We've been seeing each other for ages now yet you still don't want to commit. You say you're not ready. Maybe you'd be ready if the right person came along and maybe I realise you don't care about me as much as I care about you.

We're practically in a relationship in everything but name - everything is so amazing when we're with each other and I know I'm not the only one who feels this. So what the hell are you doing...I can't wait forever for you.

Wish you would just tell me the truth. If you're not over your ex then tell me. If you like me but not enough to be with me, tell me.

I hate how much I like you :( I've been depressed for years but then I met you and I was happy. I keep holding on because I don't want to lose you and go back to that depression. But I know I deserve someone who puts me first and wants to be with me. I really hope that's you. Maybe you just need time

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Dear D,

Thank you for being such a support to me. When I started my new medication I warned you that things could get very rough. I thought I was prepared for how the medication might affect me but this weekend I was knocked off my feet. I felt so sad, so upset and cried so much I found it hard to breathe at times. I wanted to stay at home because I felt so bad but you convinced me to come up to your house yesterday. All you kept saying was that it was ok, it was just the medication, that having to go through the menopause at 34 wasnt fair but that it would be worth it in the long term. I know your right, it's just very hard.

I fought tears the whole time I was driving to your house and when I arrived in your front door I completely fell apart. You put your arms around me and held me so tight and just kept telling me that I would be ok, that the feeling would pass, and that we would have a chat with my gp and gynae to see if we can make things better if possible. You made a gorgeous dinner and made a huge fuss with the kids getting the Christmas tree decorated, all the while giving me little hugs and kisses as you walked past me sitting on the couch.

I fell asleep in your arms last night and when I woke I felt a lot better. Today was a much better day emotion-wise. We had a great day just relaxing on the couch, watching rugby, and admiring how well my daughter and your son get on together. I am so incredibly lucky to have you in my life, I am truely blessed and grateful. I know I dont have a lot of control of how this menopausal rollercoaster goes, but what I have learned is that I will have your support and that means everything. I feel now as if I can get through this.

I am the luckiest woman in the world to have you as my other half.

You are right, We Fit!!

Love you,
    E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Honey,
    sorry is the hardest word. But I'm so glad that I said it. I love you, so much that would wouldn't even believe. Hearing those 3 little words back has made me the happiest girl in the world. I genuinely couldn't cope without you - you're my rock and every day I tell myself how lucky I am that I have you. Let's never have a stupid fight like that again.

Love you always

Dear family
    Thank you. xxx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dear Husband,

12 years on and you're still making me weak at the knees. I really have to stop thinking about you at work, it makes the day drag so much!

xx

Dear A,

First up, happy birthday. I'm sorry I never got to meet you. I'm sorry your parents had to go through the pain of losing you. I hope you're looking after them, and I hope you know they really love you.
    I wonder what you'd look like today? Happy 2nd birthday.

Love,
    A

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

flossie wrote: »
    Dear Mr Right,

I am here. I am waiting. Where are you?! :D

Look forward to meeting you someday,

Floss.

Dear K,

I had a wonderful weekend, I haven't genuinely laughed this much in a long long time. I just want to ask you though, what is the story? Are we just friends (very close friends?) or has it moved to something more? I'm a little confused and don't want to say anything in case you don't feel the same.

Anyways, for now I am smiling. And for that I thank you :)

Floss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

I hate the fact I love you, that your the first thought I have in the morn and last I have at night, the fact I jump when my phone bleeps at the thought it would be you..... I always wish it was you......
    I would have given you the world, I'll never understand why you treated me the way you did. I thought you loved me, I thought you loved our little family, I thought one day you would become my husband....
    im glad im stronger now, Im glad I can finally take of my rose tinted glasses and aim to be treated the way I deserve, not as a secret, not as someone your ashamed to be seen out with, but as someone who deservse to be truely loved..... but that will never take away from the fact, that I gave you my heart and you still have it. Im not the only one hurt in this, im not the only one misses you.... He misses you to.
    I know people change and we both know you changed , be the man I know you can be, the man who held me while my world fell apart, who tried to rebuild it with me, the man who I could laugh with for hrs without knowing why, I miss falling asleep in your arms, the kiss on my forehead as you'd to work. Do you remember the postets? Youd leave me one almost every morn..... wheres that man gone
    If only you could reliese what we had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

L

This is NOT personal. This is me doing my job!
    Cop yourself on and stop acting like a child! The way you acted tonight with your ignoring me all through your shift and loudly saying goodbye to everyone but me was pathetic!
    You're twice my age so grow up!

S

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear me,

Kudos for the most productive semester you've ever had. Shit got real this year and you got very very lost for a while. But you found your way out. You're finally in a happy place, and that's a very cool thing.

Also, it took balls to ditch the old degree after 2 years and start again, so give yourself the credit. I think this semester goes to show that it was definitely the right choice, despite all the drawbacks. Let's hope the next 3.5 years go as smoothly as the last few months have been.

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

Dear me,
    So you think that you can go on ignoring what you really want to do with your life? It's not just a hobby, and you know that. So what are you scared of? Failure? You haven't even tried properly. Give it one year. You have the time and the space to devote yourself to it now.

One day, very soon, it's going to be too late. You've already thrown away something that was so important to you this year, don't waste any more opportunities. Do it, starting today. Leave home, rent somewhere in another place, get that dog you've been promising yourself. You have those extra savings, the money that's not ring-fenced, to fall back on and you can get part-time work to keep you from going mad. You're sensible, so you'll not do anything really stupid, you know that. But this is your life's dream and let's face it, you don't really know how to be anything else.

Do it!

Oh and stop thinking about the economy all of the time and reading bulls..t opinion by the same people who couldn't see what was coming three years ago and whose reasoning certainly hasn't improved since. Remember how your father started two ultimately successful businesses in recessions and didn't give a damn what was happening around him. Focus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear snow,

Could you kindly not stick until at least this time next week. Please? I want to see my bf before Christmas and I won't get to if you stick.

- Jane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Dear snow,

I have to reiterate what Jane said.
    I swear, if you stick and stay and we experience what we experienced last year I will freak out!
    I have 4 cousins, 2 close friends and my fricking brother coming home this year for Christmas, all from either Oz or the US and if they can't get in I will lose it!! Please please please please please don't stick! Please!

Thanks

You ask how I am...and I don't know what to say. How do I explain to you that I just don't feel anything? How do I tell you that feeling 'nothing' has replaced happiness for me, because the only alternative is feeling so bad that I just box myself up in my room, curled up in the darkness trying to wish the world away.

I'm so scared that no-one can help me, I'm so scared that I'll see this new therapist and it won't work, and then I'll have no-one. Although, it won't make much difference, because I feel like I have no-one every single day. I can't tell you that, because I know it'd upset you, you want to be there for me..I'm just not letting you in. But it's so damn hard! I wish I could show you how hard it is!!! Everyday I tell myself, today things will be a bit better - but they never are!!! I can't keep trying!!

Every morning I set my alarm 15minutes early, so that I have time to talk myself into getting out of bed and facing another day of feeling like this. I'm so scared, I'm so so scared that this is who I am now!!!! What do I do? God just please tell me what to do. I know I don't show it, but I need you more than ever - I need someone to care about me at the times when I find it hard to care about myself. The old therapist tried to railroad me into anti-d's, I told her that's not me - that's not a road I want to go down. Much as I've lost faith in myself, I still have that little bit of hope that I can deal with this...I still have that little bit of 'me'.

And to you....
    ... that one person who keep coming in and out of my life, I wish you'd just stay! I got so angry this time, because I let you in and you made me regret it, you made me doubt myself and doubt what I thought we could be. I'm sorry, but I wish you'd see what you did wrong, I wish you'd admit it wasn't just me! But more than anything, I wish you were here, because I miss you...and I'll always miss you when you're not here. I don't want this to be it, I've never wanted this to be it. I'm angry, I'm disappointed, and I'm terrified you'll hurt me again, but I want you here - with me. Maybe it's just too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

Dear Mr A,

So glad we found each other all those months ago
    Finally feel that my life has been fulfilled and the emptiness I had before we met, has now gone.
    The love of my life.....
    So so happy, and i can't stop smiling
    Here's to our 1st Christmas together
    Love you more
    S x

Dear M.

1st November, if someone told me i'd be happy 5 weeks later with you, i'd have thought pff whatever.
    Shows what happens when really i just act myself cos time i met you that night, i really was not bothered about making an effort and really, as nice as u were i just thought right i'll talk to ya cos whatver.
    Awh, am i glad i did or what.. am i glad i didnt go to bed an hour earlier , I'm glad i listened to that song that told me to dance cos i'd not have met u otherwise..
    6 weeks later, I'm mad about ya! What fun we all had last night, glad my bff loves ya!
    taking it one day a time here but adore you at the minute anyway! xxxx

Dear M (other one)
    I'm happy, just be happy for me. don't make stuff up to prove something else.
    I'll always love u ya big kahoot!
    xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Dear C,

Well now you have really gone. The friendship is becoming what friendship! You do not communicate. I miss our chats and catch ups. You spend all time with your new gf and spend all the time at her place! I hope you give her lodging money! You seem to always say...watching movies with s..doing this with s and doing that with s...like your life has nothing else in it. just s. and thats it.

I loved you so deeply and so much. It has lasted longer than our 6 years together.

I hear you brought her to the restaurant that was always a place we went too. You told me the place had run down and then I see that, It is like there is nothing left of us. I wouldnt bring my new bf to a place we went too. I have lovely memories of you.

You even went for walks in the park, a particular one, with her. That was where we used to go also.

I am now extremely tired of your boosting and all about her, she even met your best friend, when you never brought me to meet him.

Time is up C. Should it all go haywire on you and she dumps you or your split. I will NOT be here to pick up the pieces. You are not around for me, only to like my status' and occassional short meaningless comment.

I am off and tomorrow is a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for ME.

Goodbye, You may even realise you missed out and regret what happened.
    Goodbye

J

Advertisement