Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

My best friend: Thank you so much for your phonecall last night. You sounded so excited about me coming to visit you tomorrow and it was so infectious. We have spent many Christmases together over the years and you are the closest person to family that I have on this side of the world.

I can't imagine not having you in my life.

I will try so hard to not wake you when I wake up early. I know the house 'rules' :D but it would be great if one morning you got up when I did. :D

J: Happy birthday and here's to a really happy Christmas for you because you deserve it. Decorate the house... just do it, go crazy!!!! :)

E: Thanks so much for your beautiful email and the photos. Your little ones are adorable and your new house looks absolutely incredible. I know we haven't seen each other in eight years now, but you are still in my thoughts and I still laugh at some of the antics we got up to when we were both living in Dublin.

You are so far away in Australia now, but I love that reading your email, it is like no time has passed and we can still look back on funny memories. Some friends really are for life and you are one of those.

I know you worry about me, but you don't have to. I am OK xxx

Fellow boardsies: Happy Christmas! Make it a great one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's now or never.

It's nice that you get how much this hurts, but that's not much consolation.

I don't know what's going on with you, beyond what you tell me. I get the impression that you know a lot more about me than I know about you.

I don't know if you're dropping hints, but I ain't getting them, nor do I really want to.

We both want the same thing, and we both know that.

If you're not prepared to handle this like a grown-up, then I'm walking away sooner rather than later, when I have relatively little to lose.

Your call.

I'm not sure if you will read this, but if you do, I hope you don't hate me. I won't contact you again because I have pushed you too far and, for what it's worth, I know that.

I feel wretched for being a fool again. You were right to not want to be with me. I don't blame you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Dear Customers,

Just because I work in a supermarket does not mean I am a piece of **** you just walked in So please don't treat me like I am.

Sarahbro

Whatever you say. I don't even understand what you're talking about any more. You just hear what you want to hear, any excuse for you to keep your little web of deceit going. Are you telling the truth when you say you feel bad? Beats me.

I hope you enjoyed our imaginary relationship more than I did - but don't ever believe that this didn't work out because I didn't want it to. I tried, and you made me feel like I was a fool for trying - not to mention insane, and naive, and dangerous, and all the other things you had me believe about myself because it suited your selfish motives.

This didn't work out because you painted yourself into a corner by lying to me and everyone else and then realised that you couldn't get out without making a sacrifice. So you've sacrificed me. Despite everything you said, it turns out I'm the expendable one. I hope that decision turns out to be worthwhile for both of us.

Bye.

• Advertisement

Dear bulimia:

Please leave me alone. You have been bothering me for eleven years at this stage and I know full well it's not healthy. Part of me is dreading Christmas because I know there is going to be so much food around and I'll find it difficult to control myself :( You're not making me thinner and you're certainly not making me happy, so I would like you to please FCUK OFF and let me enjoy spending time with my family.

Regards,

H

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Dear A,

You say you don't know the last time you saw me without my boyfriend, but when IS the last time you actually saw me? This is a complete bolt out of the blue. You don't come back for months, and then expect everyone to pander to you. You think you can swan in and out of everyone's lives whenever you feel like it.
    If you really were a friend, and 'there for me', you'd be happy that I've found someone that I want to be with. Like I was for you.

R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Dear Twat,
    I maybe upset and annoyed/angry with you but i will get over it. I am able to get over it. i have friends/family who are there.
    and i can move on knowing that you will remain a twat.

Love Allybear

Dear so called friends
    I really need the both of you right now, I'm having a horrible time, I'm not coping at all. I try to talk to ye, I'm screaming out for help, but you don't seem to care or want to listen. I'm not as strong as you think, I'm not strong at all. I'm falling apart and I'm so so alone. I've been there for both of ye so many times, listened when you needed it and been a shoulder to cry on. I though you'd do the same for me? Clearly I was wrong, all I need is for one of you to listen for half an hour, just be there for me and not try and change the subject onto yourselves. Please. I'm lost, I'm utterly utterly lost, and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold it together.
    Me.

I don't know what to make of this. I want to be understanding, but you have to be open, forthright and honest about what the issues are here. These little games won't wash.

Tell me the truth, directly, and I'll try to be there in whatever little way. I'm already pretty sure I understand what's going on; you're unlikely to shock and horrify me.

If you can't do that, that's it for us. I'm sorry.

Trust me: I'm judging you more harshly in silence than I ever would if you stuck your neck out. The more you show you trust me, the more I'll repay that trust. I understand how difficult things are, and I'm not out to get you.

Don't do anything in response to this unless you're prepared to be constructive about it. If you don't say anything I'll get the message eventually.

• Advertisement

Dear the real me,
    Welcome back! Scared that you might have been gone for good but you're here again just when you're needed the most. Stay this time, remember all the good you can do, for yourself and for others.

Actually, no, I'm sorry, I can't do this. Sorry. I can't help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Skintwin wrote: »
    Dear A,

You say you don't know the last time you saw me without my boyfriend, but when IS the last time you actually saw me? This is a complete bolt out of the blue. You don't come back for months, and then expect everyone to pander to you. You think you can swan in and out of everyone's lives whenever you feel like it.
    If you really were a friend, and 'there for me', you'd be happy that I've found someone that I want to be with. Like I was for you.

R.

Dear R,

Call me.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Well. I'm not really sure what happened to you, or if anything even happened to you. Maybe you were just hiding your true self well all along, but I didn't like the change. Even when you tried to make it about me it was really about you. Even my ****ing health problems. Seriously mate, get over yourself.

Dear guy on luas.
    RAWR. I haven't felt that in a while ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I still can't get over how calmly you talk about getting married and buying a house after what happened.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear R,

So you're just gonna ignore how I feel?

Do you not think two people saying (more than two thinking) the same thing might be a sign? :rolleyes:

Course not! We were here long before it was around and we'll be around long after it's gone.

It was obvious since DAY 1!!
    And do you really need to maul each other while I'm having my lunch or trying to have a conversation with you?? It makes me want to vomit.

And before you b*tch about me being mean, I'm being honest.

Tell me, am I wrong??

When was the last time you and I did something JUST US TWO without an 'interruption'??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Dear H,

Glad I met you. It's been a good year, life makes sense again.
    Thanks

A

Dear M,
    aren't you a sweetheart really, yes lil sis adores u and always has whereas i was complete opposite and very immature but i did blame your 13 year old self for my problems, If only i'd clicked on quicker that I was as bad a 15 yr old than u 13 year old.

Anyway, I had feelings for u earlier in year, maybe just friend feelings, i don't know
    but tonight, you held my hand, i know maybe cos u seen i was annoyed /upset but really, was quite odd for me? tbh, all i was thinking was rebound, this would help but obv ain't gonna happen. you're like our other brother.
    Thanks for letting me talk the hear of you and curse my way through.
    Allybear

Dear dumper,
    yes i'm on to you again, you really are an a**.
    I gave u a chance to reply and tell me yes you're an eejit and shouldnt have done that and you're sorry, but it's definitely over. but no nothing. Happy Xmas to you too!! I hope all your gang have great time but you feel what i've been feeling all week. seriously!
    I really liked you.
    Allybear, the dumpee.

Dear my Noah bear!
    Love you still!!
    Allybear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

P, wake up!!! I've done the washing up and everything... Get upppp!!!!!

(ah, the joys of being a morning person when your best friend isn't :D)

Dear A,

I'm not sure what has been going on. I don't know if you are the person I thought you were.

I know you never lied to me but you certainly witheld the truth and I always said that honesty was the most important aspect to a friendship for me.

I'm so confused and I feel so hurt, I know you said that you didn't want to hurt me, but you have, I just wanted some straight talking, why do people feel that they have to sugar coat the truth or hide it from me, a lack of respect? I always have enough repect for people to give it to them straight and not chicken out trying too preserve some idea that they have painted of themselves.

I'm taking time out from everyone, I need to get myself better again, all this has f*cked me up completely, I don't blame you for this I wasn't complete again enough for a relationship but I would have understood anything you could have told me, in fact I would have appreciated the honesty.

Have a good Christmas.

R.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Hey you! Last night was amazing! Im mad about you! We're good together!
    I've never felt like this before about anyone!

Me

Dear recession,
    If you take him ( ^)away from me to another country to work I will lose it! You've already taken my brother and cousins and friend! Please don't take him too! Enough is enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear Alzheimer's,

You are one horrible horrible nasty pr**k of a disease. F**k you.

From me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

You have this nack at making me feel really stupid, but I'm not. And you still make my skin crawl, even after 4 years.

dear you, get out, while you still can, you're only killing yourself. And stop letting people walk all over you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Dear Dad, brother, fiancée and daughter.

I am so grateful to have all four of you in my life. I can't believe how lucky I am.

J, I kno we kill each other but I know at the end of the day, we are so close. You were always my favourite brother and even as kids you always looked after me. I remember how you used to hold my hand at the bus stop when I was little, ha - even though you deny it now. Throughout my life, you're the one person, the only person, who never judged me and always had my back be it from childish problems to serious problems, you're the one person I know that will protect me and my family for as long as you can.
    But, j. Your behaviour scares me, you are crazy party loving and careless --- I'm so frightened something will happen to you and I couldn't bear it. You're my best and longest friend, I love you big brudder.

Dad - it's Christmas and it's making me soppy thinking how lucky I am having you, you're the best dad in the world and I'm proud to be your daughter.
    I love it when people recognise how
    close we are and I know Nicole resents our relationship. You have no idea how much you do for me and you have no idea how much I love you. It makes me sad when I hear other people saying they hate spending time with their family at Christmas. I'm lucky I get to spend time with you every day, you're so cute the way you stay up until I call in on my way home from work and you're so cute cooking me dinner every night even though you know I'll never eat it, you still prepare it just incase that's the night I'm hungry,

Love love love you.

D,
    this is our last Xmas being single and our first Christmas as mommy and daddy. She's so like you, and it's obvious she's already such a daddys girl, you make me so happy. And my family love you. X

Ava,
    Honey I know you're not going to remember this Christmas but daddy and I done our best to make it very special for you. We have taken a lot of photos for our baby book and I hope you treasure it when you're old enough. I can't wait for you to really understand Santa, it's so magical in a house that has Santa visit.

PS - Your grandad looked so proud holding you in mass today. Little monkey, you better try some
    solids for me today.

Love Mommy xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Dear Ladies of TLL,

Merry christmas and happy new year.
    So many of you deserve a brilliant 2012 and i hope your wishes come true

xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear YOU,

Next year is going to be very, very different. I cried myself to sleep over you last night for the very last time. Go jump. Like seriously. You win? You win? Because you're screwing me and wanting to go out with her and I'm okay with it.

I don't get your need to win. I really don't.

I want to be your friend so much, I do. And I love you even though I shouldn't.

I hope this time next year, you are my friend. But before that, you need to grow the hell up.

Merry Christmas,

LMP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Dear N,

I would do anything to stop you leaving me for the summer :(

Summer is our time when we basically live together :( I had made plans and I was so excited. It breaks me a little bit more every time I think about me being alone, and you being in the States.

Ugh this is so much harder than I thought it would be,and you're not even gone yet :(

Don't pay the 220 and stay here with me :( i'll let you play xbox for as long as you want, as long as I can see you and touch you whenever I want to. But I can't when you're so far away. You're so crap at keeping in touch, 2 months with no contact is gonna friggin kill me :(

Who's gonna be here for me when I cry? And when i'm sad and have bad days? You're the one that always picks me up, throws me over your shoulder, and carries me until i'm happy again. I'm gonna have nobody to stop my tears, or help me get by :(

Uggghhhhhhh. I'm obviously not going to ask you not to go, or tell you to not go, because I would never do it.

If it makes you happy, go for it. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine, you know me, always am.

I love you so much, wouldn't change you for the world. It's just so hard and you have no idea what this is doing to me :(

Love you now and always xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Kadent

I probably know more than you think I know, don't be so quick to judge.

Advertisement