Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

I know deep down that it is over but I haven't been able to stop thinking about you this Christmas. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you for weeks now. You are on my mind when I go to bed and still there when I wake in the morning. I used to sleep right through the night; I can't seem to achieve that right now. I wish it was the new year so I could be busy with all that's planned; I'm just scared you'll still be there, in my head, even with all of the things I have to do. I wish real life could be like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and I could rid myself of all my memories of you. I wish I didn't still love you so much. I only have myself to blame for why we broke up so why is this so hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Beanie,

I really miss you. I wish I could see you just once more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

G,

I tried really hard on Christmas Eve to make you think that I didn't give a shit about what happened in Edinburgh, or about what you were saying to me. It wasn't hard because you didn't give me a chance to get a word in edgeways, and to be honest, that aspect of your personality makes it a hell of a lot easier for me to dislike you.

I think deep down you know that what you did was simply disgusting. I think the reason you feel the need to blame me too is because you can't deal with the guilt yourself. You feel like sharing the load with me - making me feel like crap, making me partially responsible.

I didn't get a chance to say this to you, but you got what you deserved and I don't for a second regret what I did. How dare you insinuate that I'm a bad person. I wish that didn't bug me, but it does, like crazy.

I am a loyal friend, not a 'back-stabber', but I also believe in right winning out over wrong, and what you did was wrong. You knew how I felt about fighting. How many times have you gotten into fights before and promised me it wouldn't happen again? How many fucking times?

I couldn't take it anymore. I've never seen you like that up close and personal but when you lashed out at that guy right in front of me, it was friendship over. I could never respect you. I don't even know how to express how little I think of you after that. I feel physically sick when I remember how much I let you into my world.

I've defended you time after time. I've said, "No, he's not a bad guy, really" more times than I can count... And I can't do it anymore. 'Cause you just keep acting like a dickhead and proving me wrong.

I care. I really bloody care.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Dear C,

I don't know what to say. I really don't want us to have to avoid each other every time that we're out but I can't keep seeing you without being able to act the way we used to. It's too hard. I don't think that I can do this. I don't even know what happened tonight.

Why did we have to make this stupid decision. Why couldn't we just be happy?

I love you so much,
    S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Dear ex,

For a year and a half you tried to make life hell for me quite often. Threatened to take my kids away, moved them to another part of the country, and so much worse.
    Karma basically came around and bitch slapped you, and this amuses me greatly. There is of course some sympathy, but frankly, more than you deserve.
    Stop trying to put off your problems and sort your damn head out.

Dear LAS,
    The last few weeks have been the happiest time of my life in so long. You'll never know how close I was to just giving up on life, but out of nowhere you came a long and blew me away.
    I said it, I meant it. I'm falling in love with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You know I know so why keep this up, jus spit it out and be done with it!

Dear life,

any chance of a break, only so far you can push me!

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭mojesius

Dear N,

I feel so let down, betrayed and hurt by your actions. I never thought you were like that, you said you were different. You are full of **** and you made me care so much before you worked up the guts to tell me

F*ck you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Dear You,

Other night chatting, twas all nice, then i text ya and your one word answers, is it all one way? cos i think we're counted as friends now no?
    Allyxx

Hey Boyo!
    Calm down, my xmas message to you, telling you i love you lots, was meant but its hardly the first time i said that to ya, stop panicing, I'm trying to get past the other dude first!
    you're my best friend and you do know i love you!
    xx

Dear customers,

Happy Xmas,
    I may look fed up sometimes, sometimes i am , most of time i'm grand, i dont realsie i'm looking that way. oopsy! sorrrry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dear "friends"

Your severe lack of effort to spend time with me in the months before I leave the country for a year have made me very sad, but also made me look forward more to moving away, at least I have no friends to miss. Hope I can meet better people than ye in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dear S, you're a cowardly cowardly asshole... I'm totally better off without you!

Thanks for showing me sooner rather than later.

Em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear M. It's been 6 months since you decided I wasn't good enough for you. After all I did for you. I moved to be with you and from the start it was clear you didn't want me here. What a fool I was. You're 35 years old you should know better. The way you behaved at times was so immature, and you always tried to make it out that it was somehow my fault. I wish I could say I've moved on but it's still a struggle to get you out of my mind. You win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Dear house

Stop being small.
    I have too much stuff and you're size if effecting my keeping of stuff.
    And now half my boyfriends things have to fit in here too.
    Why can't you be like a tardis? small on the outside, huge on the inside?

Bubblefett

Dear beautiful house I saw on daft,

One day, when I'm employed again/won the lotto, you will be mine.
    yes yes.
    Until then I will continue drooling over IKEA's website deciding what would look best with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Dear Stan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

GROW UP.

It is not a good sign that three of your best friends came up to me on Stephen's Night and hugged me and apologised for your behaviour. They don't even know why you're being a d1ck to me, and neither do I.

I had the common courtesy not to say anything about that weird moment the last time we were with each other when your dad asked if I was going to start leaving pajamas at your house cos I end up back there so much, but it was a joke for god's sake. You've been a rude little pr1ck ever since and I do not deserve to be treated the way I am being treated.

Should have stopped after the first time, but we can't stay away from each other. Go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear me,

It's time. In the new year you have to lose the weight. You'll never feel confident if you don't and he wants you to see yourself how he sees you. Please, do it once and for all. You deserve to be happy in your own skin.

Love me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dear you,

why did you say things you didn't mean? So many things. I'm going through all of it in my head now and I can't quite believe you said them. Did you not realise that I would believe you? Well, I did. It didn't get me very far.

I wish things could have been different.

K. x

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear Guy on Stephens Night

Thanks for making me smile and telling me I'm beautiful, haven't felt attractive or pretty in a long time so thank you!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Dearest Molly,

I am so so so so sorry. Your daddy keeps telling me not to blame myself but I cant help it when something I done has affected you so badly.

I am heartbroken that you didnt get to come home. I am very glad I got to see you one last time, although the purpose of the visit was to cheer you up a bit.
    When I left you earlier you lifted your nose to my chin for kisses but you just werent able. Did you know it was your time? Was that you saying goodbye?
    You were so weak, I didnt know how you would begin to fight it but the kisses gave me hope. I didnt realise it was goodbye.

I love you so much Mols and you will forever have a piece of my heart.

I started out as your foster mom and slowly you settled in and after your sister went off you were quite happy just to curl up in my arm. It was then we both knew you had found your home.

I knew when you didnt come to the door that something was wrong, little did I know you would be gone within 48 hours.

We all miss you so much. Penny keeps looking for you. Belle is curled up on your beanbag, the house is just not the same without my Mols.

Give George some kisses from me,
    lots and lots of love and kisses,
    Your Mammy

Ex,

We were together for 7 years, I was only a child at the time and thought it would be this huge fairy tale but you just wanted someone to control, a little woman at home. Well into our relationship I found out that you were not the prince charming I thought. You lied, you cheated and you broke my heart but like a fool I took you back and you betrayed me again. You didnt like the fact that I found a job and got independance and friends The day I left you I found a best friend who made sure I was ok and made me feel that there was much more to my life and that I could do anything I wanted and although you told everyone that I left you for him you know that was not true but if thats what you had to do to save face then let it be. I no longer hate you for the way you controlled my life and am glad you seem to have your life on track. I wish you luck.

GC,

You were the one to open my eyes to the life I should be living, thanks to you I learned that only I am in control of my life. You are my best friend and my confidant and Im glad to have you in my life. Any time you need me you know I will be there pal..with Jimmy on hand to serenade us! haha! Thank you for being you!

L,

The love of my life! 3 years and still acting like day 1!! We have been through some dramas but each one makes us stronger and things will work out in the end cos we have each other to lean on through the crap! I cant wait for the rest of our plans to come to fruition, the best days of our lives are yet to come and Im so looking forward to the day that your greyer than you are..we both know I dont age!! There is no words for how I feel about you but I know that you feel it. No-one on this Earth makes me feel so complete. You are my destiny. Love you infinatly! xx

My family,

You're all crazy and I love you! That is all!! :)

To my friends L & S,

I love you girls so much, thanks for the drunken nights, the heart to hearts with mascara cheeks n all. S, your a wonderful mother...who would have thought it would be you first!! L, your amazing and the best fry maker ever!! xx

Nana & Grandad

Your both gone now, seems so unreal. Nana, I barely had anytime to truly get to know you but I remember the good times. Granda, I lived with you for most of my life and learned so much from you. You were always there for me if I needed anything, whether it be advice or a lightbulb or a couple of euro the day or so before payday. It was a total shock to us all the night you drifted off, I will never forget how peaceful you looked in the bed and I think that helped me be strong and cope with the gaping hole you left in our family. I know your up there now with your sweetheart and that you never could get over how fast you lost her and Im so happy for you. Look over us now and keep us safe and well.

To all the naysayers, nasty b!tches, back-biters and horrible human beings,

Haha, look at me now...and where are you?? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Dear me,

It's time. In the new year you have to lose the weight. You'll never feel confident if you don't and he wants you to see yourself how he sees you. Please, do it once and for all. You deserve to be happy in your own skin.

Love me.

You took the words out of my mouth, just want to feel comfortable with myself.

Best of Luck with it too, it's not easy but will be so very worth it in the end :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dear Princess Peach,

I know it is Christmas but please be a little kinder to me. I have been very good to you all year, take it a bit easier please.

Your liver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear díckhead!

dont treat me like im a piece of crap and then expect me to come running back!
    you hid me from your friends like i had three heads or something, you were ashamed of me of what i looked like! I was feeling good about myself until you wandered into my life!
    i dont want you in my life at all ok? i know well i can do better than you!

Pixie

Dear liver and bank account,

so sorry for the bashing your after getting the past few weeks i promise ye will get a break after saturday!! :)

love Pixie!!!

Dear R

Thanks for replying to the email, sorry you can't face us at the moment, but I'm a patient man now, take all the time you need, I'll be here if you decide you can. I saw you had a rough night on Monday and it made me worry about you, I hope you are OK.

Miss you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Seven years ago this very evening, we were given 15mins notice that my stats were getting critical and you would have to be delivered nearly 7wks early. You were so titchy-tiny, I'll never forget your peach-fuzz skin, your head the size of an orange and little chicken legs as thick as my thumbs! You showed off the bat that you knew what you wanted and you didn't want the breathing tube, you didn't want the incubator, you just wanted cuddles and even though you had an undeveloped pretty much everything and chronic reflux, you were such a determined wee fella that we got to take you home when you hit the 5lb mark...

I'm watching you now, whipping your dad on mario kart and chatting away to ninety and it's hard to believe we sat up worried sick, night after night just watching you and willing you to reach all your SCBU milestones.

Happy birthday wee man - can't wait to see what the next seven years brings.

All my love,

Mum xxxxx

Hello Me

I know you suddenly feel really sad today. Sad about your life, your singledom, your living arrangements, your work situation.

You know this is a blip and will pass but today you very lonely and just want to crawl up in a ball and have a good cry.

Maybe you should do that when you get home.

Take care of you; you are a good person and things will turn around at some point.

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

Dear Kat,

what a disappointment you are! I am playing it cool and I will not make you feel or treat you as the **** you are because you don't need me to do so.

You are doing it greatly already and you are losing all your friends with your selfish,unconsidered behaviour.

Hope 2012 will bring you some cop on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Dad,

Please, for the love of god, quit smoking. I know it's easier said than done now and I've been there myself (so far so good) and I know you've tried many times to quit with varying degrees of success but everytime I get on that plane out of the country (like this morning), I feel it's the last time. I know 3 of your 5 children living abroad are waiting for the phone call to tell us your dead. You've already got both Emphasima and Angina and you're overweight. You're a time bomb waiting to go off. You've so many people who love you, not least of all your newest grandchild who adores you already and won't get to see you in this childhood if you carry on this way. I can hear you wheezing as you're also an asthma sufferer and it upsetting.

Many might not agree but when you choose to have kids, you owe it to them to stay healthy and be around for them as long as you can. Yes, it's your choice to smoke but there comes a point in your life when it's literally a matter of life and death and you know and I know we've come to that point.

I don't want to have to get that flight home on my own to your funeral.

Please try again, dad.

Love Eve.

You there, in the mirror, surrounded by the empty chocolate bar wrappers. Yeah, you.

Stop it. You've put on a stone and a bit in the last three months, and that's not on. Can't you come up with a better way to overcome stress?

Please make sure this is temporary; you owe it to her (and yourself!) not to fall back into old habits. Spring is your favourite season, so make it count again!

Just put the Hunky Dorys DOWN! :)

Dear 2011
    You broke me. I feel so lost, so confused, and just so so terrified. But if I can just make i to 2012, if I can just make it without hitting rock bottom. If I can keep this at bay til morning, then maybe when I wake up thing will feel a little bit better. Maybe when I wake up I'll find a little bit of all the pieces of myself that I've lost. Maybe when I wake up I'll be me again.

And maybe it won't happen tomorrow, but maybe someday. Because without 'maybe', I have nothing. Without 'maybe', I don't want to wake up.

Dear N
    I understand a little better now. But it still hurts that you don't want me enough despite it all. Because, I want you; I always have, and I probably always will. But I guess we don't always get what we want. Sometimes, no matter how many ways you look at the puzzle...the pieces just don't fit. I wish they did though. I miss you.

Dear x
    Thank you for caring. I'll never forget any of this. You can't fix me, but by being there you help me hold the pieces together.We've been through alot me and you, who'd have thought we'd end up here? Life has a funny way of working itself out, but I'm glad you're still in mine. I really don't know how I'd have kept going without you to understand. Right now, I feel really low, and I can't text you because I don't want to ruin your new years, you deserve a good one this year. It wouldn't be fair. I'm trying, I'm trying not to be selfish. And more than anything I'm trying not to need you...because you shouldn't have to deal with that. It doesn't matter what happened before, or what we went through, you don't owe me anything. And this isn't your battle. I'm so happy you're happy, don't let me bring you down x

Dear Me
    Try to believe you're worth something. Try to keep going. Don't take the easy way out, because it's not easy for the people who love you. And those people are there, much as you can't accept it.

Dear 2012
    Please, let karma win out for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Dear 2011,

Goodbye you absolute b*tch of a year.

Dear 2012,

Please be nice to me. Don't be as tough as I think you're gonna be. :(

Be my best year yet, Go onnnnnnnn ;)

Love,

A x

Advertisement