Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Stop playing games with me. Do you want the truth? I'm falling in love with you, but I don't know how to handle it. Please stop, before the damage becomes irreperable.

I have too much else on at the moment to play these games. I'm sorry that my life doesn't revolve around you right now. As far as I'm concerned that's a temporary problem but you're making it permanent.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve. Do you want me to hate you? Am I being too nice? Is there a shred of my dignity left that you want?

Stop. Now. If these stupid tests and cryptic messages are what you need to get better then I can't help you get better. If this is our relationship, then I don't want a relationship with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My amazing man,

I don't care when you propose, be it tomorrow or years from now. I have never been so in love with you. And the longer I get to be excited about out future together the better.

You saw me through the toughest period of my life and dragged me back from a dark place when no one else could see what was happening.
    You're my hero and my guardian angel.

You cook for me because I hate cooking and sort out my finances because you know I'll just spend everything on shoes. You watch my crappy shows with me and are genuinely interested when I ramble about them. You check out the house when I think hear a noise and always stand up for me always without exception.

Yours,
    for always,
    bubblefett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear You

I'm sitting here smiling thinking of what happened. Ive a pretty low opinion of myself at the moment and was tarring all men with the same brush, thinking that they are all going to be like my ex. Then this kind, sexy, gentle man started talking to me and I felt, well I felt like I was home. You were lovely altogether. For a few reasons we won't see each other again, but I just wanted to say thanks. You gave me a bit of me back :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear 2012,

You've been shiiiiiiiite so far. Pick up and be better than 2011? I have another 364 days, so please pretty please, be a good one? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Dear J,

Why the hell am I still thinking about you! It's been over for 7 months - that's when you dumped me and cut off nearly all contact between us. I have tried to stomach all of it and not get angry at you, rise about it all. Now I feel kind of cheated. I'm a logical person which is what stops me from acting out and demanding more than I'm going to get from you but sometimes my ability to rein myself in drives me crazy! You're with someone new now and you seem content to cast me aside as a friend. All I want is civility between us. No more. I have never gotten proper closure because you weren't man enough to meet me face to face.

You're the second man close to me that I had to cut out of my life to protect myself. I'm sick of being the grown up for everyone else. And I'm sick of the lack of closure on these relationships. It'd be nice to be with someone who has their **** together for a change. At what age does that happen I wonder...

Moi.

• Advertisement

Dear First Love,

You were a gentleman. Thank you for loving me and showing me what real love was. You remain one of the most original people I have ever met, nobody could make me laugh like you. Sometimes I am still reminded of you and smile when I see silly things no one else would laugh at. I'm sorry I was too young to fully appreciate the rarity and brilliance of what we had. I'm sorry I didn't want the same things as you. I'm sorry for hurting you. I hope you found the life you wanted and the right person to share it with. I hope you are more than happy. It would be nice to hear from you someday, all the best!

I knew all along that you would do this. I still don't know why or if I ever will. I know I am at fault for putting weight on it and giving leeway but you are in my head and for some reason I don't want to show you the door out of it just yet. I want to tell you where to go once and for all but I am clinging onto something that may as well be a block of ice. I still want to see what happens. I may be risking a part of me for it but it is making me feel again. Something I thought had left me a long time ago. Maybe that is what I am clinging on to the most. Even if it is mostly hopeless. But I know now I can at least have this for someone who will requite it back sometime.

I know you are full of it. Full of yourself, ignorant and disrespectful to boot. You have these traits in you that you probably don't even realize or perhaps you do and it makes you more of an a**hole or you are afraid to face up to them and you know I can see it. You have to live with that forever if you want to remain that way and nothing tells me you don't want to change. At least I can walk away soon. When I decide to. I know it will be easier now then before. And I know your attitude has taught me alot. Some I knew already and some I needed to know or to be reinforced. So thank you for that, at least.

Dear person from down south,

I valued our friendship even though it was a short one. I found you to be so funny. The night we spent together was amazing. You were so nice and you were a gentleman and I was looking forward to seeing you more and more of the same even though casual.

After our night together you turned into a proper b0llocks. You turned cold on me. You could have faded into the background or be open and honest. Oh No! You decided to mess with my head instead with lies, in which I believed.

It hit me hard that you strung me along for your sick twisted fcuked up head games and that I was a fool to you and your lies.

A couple of months on and it hit me very, very hard this week. I felt absolutely pure and utterly sick to the pits of my stomach. And I turned psycho with bunny boilerish stuff - harrassment by email, calls and I absolutely hated it. I hated it. I probably seemed angry and bitter and spiteful. I'm far from those terrible traits. You treated me appallingly with no manners, respect, courtesy or empathy. As far I was concerned you were an absolute d1ckhead who does not deserve to be left along in peace. I hated what I became. I hated it.

Sorry

From person in the west

Dear daughter
    I feel so sad to look at you like this.
    The hatred in your eyes.

Ill never forget the day you were born and how proud i was when the nurse said it was a girl.how proud i was when you took your first steps and said your first words.

An now you treat me like you dont want me in your life.
    I feel like a prisioner in my own home.
    im afraid to go into a room in case you look at me that way again.

I know youd like to get a job-maybe then things would be different between us .
    But i wish youd realise the pain youve caused in my heart these past months.
    Ive tried so hard,maybe you could meet me halfway?

Your an adult now,not a child.
    So stop acting like one.

and remember noone will ever love you as much as your mam.
    Love mam

Dear you,

I've been a little blunt lately - you can blame the distance for that. I hope you don't get the wrong impression. I'm not pissed off; just stressed out.

I think we're on the same page. I'm giving you some time... please don't squander this chance again.

I miss you too. I can't believe it's been a year (or thereabouts). We have a big anniversary coming up in a few weeks (well, big for me anyway) and I'd love for us to celebrate it together. Call me a sap if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I miss you already :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I really like you, and I'm scared that while I may be falling for you more and more that you don't feel the same, I want to ask you what you feel, but I'm terrified as to what you'll say. I can see us being together for a long time, but I don't think you do, it's been a few months and no matter how much we have in common, spend time together and have a great time together, it's always nagging in the back of my mind that you're waiting for someone better. I wish you would tell me how you feel, I wish I had the courage to just ask you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Dear forehead wrinkles,

You sneaky little jerks - you just crept in quietly, without me noticing, and then one day BAM! There you were, laughing at me as I raised my eyebrows in a photo.
    I have never looked my age, so at 29, you came as a shock frankly, and I am trying my best to be ok with you, but to be quite honest, you scare me.
    Please don't get any worse. Not yet. I'll moisturise you and keep you out of the sun. I'll even drink more water! And in turn, you can be our little secret.
    Deal?

F

Dear _______

I dream about you sometimes, I don't know what makes you enter my sub conscience but when I wake up I feel guilty (I'm married now)
    I feel guilty for the feelings that I have for you in these dreams. I feel like I am floating on air like when I used to see you all those years ago.
    The crazy thing is I don't think we ever had a conversation? I was so head over heels about you that anytime I saw you I froze.
    All I ever wanted was to know what it felt like to kiss you. I remember that your brother was always trying to get you to hook up with me. Does this mean you felt the same???? Will I ever know? Did you want me as much as I wanted you?
    I was dancing beside you in a nightclub 2years ago and can't forget that you had your eyes on me.
    Why didn't you ever speak to me????? Just to say 'I feel the same way too'

I hope you are happy in life & I really regret not going up to you and telling you how I felt.

It's a pity you never told me either even though the chemistry was intoxicating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dogwoodflower

Dear you
    I wonder if I will ever stop loving you? Right now, I don't want to stop. You are one of my closest friends. You know me so well and yet I wish you knew me even more. I wonder if there will ever be an entire day that I don't think of you. I'm sure its a lot more than you think of me but thats alright. I want you to be all that you can be and to realize the purpose of your life and to live it happily.
    I have in my mind how I would like things to go for us. But these are things that are out of my control. And ever single day I wonder if these things will ever come true. It is daily the prayer of my heart and I try to muster up all the faith I can to believe that all things are possible. I guess it makes me rely on God and to trust Him with someone that I love because He loves Him more than I do or ever can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Dear world,

Give me a break please. Im too young to be stressed like this.

Thanks

You told me what has been happening between you and //// over the past few months and then asked me if you should stay with him?
    I had to be honest and told you to brake up with him. I give my reasons why for this.
    After I gave my advice you have decided to stay with him for the moment.
    Your realationship with //// won't last and I have already told you the reasons why.
    I won't be there for you when this relationship brakes up as you have ignored me since /// asked you out.

Dear person down south. I dont care what you wrote, or that you've read how I feel about the situation. PS I didn't go Psycho or bunny boiler - ish. I just wanted you to be clear about things and unfortunately I didnt express myself well. i wish it hadnt come to this. I honestly thought there was at least a friendship there.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Dear K,

I've met your family, we bought each other Christmas presents and spent NYE together.....does that mean we are seeing each other? I want to ask you but I don't want to expose myself to rejection of any kind.

I like you, I realised that last night when i woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I just wanted to turn to you in the bed and have you give me a cuddle while stroking my back and asking if I was OK.

I hope this turns out well.....and I look forward to seeing you again.

Floss.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

So I am writing to say goodbye. but not forever. I know our paths will meet again. Maybe someday Ill be more mature and better prepared for whatever comes my way. Don’t get me wrong. You have made me very happy just by sharing yourself and your life with me. The memories will stay in my heart forever like when i said you dont look bald when i pulled back your hair. From the time we first started going out until now, you have unfailingly shown me how it is to be really cared for and cherished. At the same time you have managed to keep my feet on the ground, always reminding me that my life is my own and no one else’s. I thank you for that. You taught me how fully comprehend what real love is like without even telling me you loved me. Just by showing me in your own way, you made me see how two people can actually become real friends and true lovers.You have kept my feet on the ground and yet showed me how beautiful the stars and skies are.If someone had told me that we would have dated for just over a year. You seemed to think that everything I did was somehow "cute". I would never have believed that I would have fallen for my best friend. I also never expected anyone to accept me for who I was, and just as I was. I remember how you rub my head when i was feeling blue. You didnt seem to mind. God, that meant a lot to me.do you remember when we would make dinner together and go out. we ate bacon samages i used to make yours perfectly with the perfect amount of butter and beacon ratio, they were good werent they. Those were some of the happiest times in my life. I knew then that you loved me very much. Looking back I was exectionally stupid for what i did . We shared our our thoughts, and what we wanted to do with our lives...Whenever I needed your comfort, support and strength, your level-headedness and rationality, you were always there for me. Our relationship has gone through so many things ranging from the serious to the stupid.I guess the only thing that went my issues and **** ups and the accompanying issues.Im the one is to blame. Not you, …maybe we were just victims of circumstances. And since the circumstances surrounding our relationship have changed, I dont know any more if I can handle things the same way Ive handled them before because im working on being a better version of who i was. Seeing you and being with you when we spend time together gives me a certain kind of happiness only you can give. But every time you leave me, my heart breaks..I will miss you. I will miss you very, very, very much..I am becoming more critical of things that i do and do not do. I expected id make up for everything that have happened but i know that is impossible now.You will forever be a part of my life, thank you for making me a part of yours. I will always remember you with a smile and with wistfulness for being the one responsible for showing me how things could be….I no this is not the end of everything. It is actually a new beginning, hopefully of a better, more beautiful friendship for the future. But I have to do this. I realize I have to move on.I would have been really nice to grow old with you…to laugh with you while reminiscing about the years that have passed…to share with you my whole life, and I would share with you yours…but I guess now is not right time for us, or we’re just not meant to be together, now , I don’t really know. You deserve someone who will fully understand your needs and your personalityand not mess you about, I guess I deserve someone who will love me like you did …I'll always love you, Biscut. Thank you very much for always being there for me when I needed you most. Thank you for sharing yourself with me,. thank you for looking after me when I was down and protecting me from the clutches of the stupid people who tried to hurt me .In fact, my life will never be the same without you.You have been the love of my life without me expecting it. Maybe when our paths meet again, we would both be ready for whatever it is that we were really meant to be…friends, lovers, husband and wife…we’ll see….only time will tell..........I only have one request. please dont forget the times we loved together, for they are the memories I will never forget. Dont forget me
    right now im so angry at the way you are acting and making people choose to be your friend or mine its a big pile of childish shiz. grow up seriously. u and i both know i love u and will alway hold u in my heart i know u have a new B/F and he is so much better then me in very way as u have said to all your friends and made such a point of it. lets be honest its bull u still love me if u didnt u wont be acting like such a tool. just coz i dont have a G/F doesnt mean im not having fun your not the center of the world.i never sent the above letter to you coz i know it would just be wasted on u and u freak out coz someone had real feeling for u. honestly i mean this to be bottom of my heart your are an amazing person but my god u can be such a tool at times!!

• Advertisement

T.,
    any regard I may have held for you is now gone.
    you meddle in things that are NONE of your business, and manage to make it look like you're only trying to prevent me from making a 'terrible mistake'. I'm well capable of making my own decisions, thanks. My decision, in the end. you had no right to interfere, yet you did. tried to blame it on other people that have nothing at all to do with it, nice one.
    your reaction to my explanations is such a f*cking joke, YOU are a joke. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously anymore, at all at all. you're ridiculous. grow up, and learn how to deal with criticism.
    Really, with every word you write you keep digging a deeper hole for yourself. Keep digging, I'm done with you.

You know what it was don’t you? We didn’t argue enough. I used to shake my head when my friends would tell me about the fights they had with their wives or girlfriends; we witnessed some of those same people really going off at each other. But they are all still together, stronger than ever. But we never really fought, even when we broke up. I’d love to have that argument now; really have it out with you.

I’m having to cut you out of my life and that is so hard. I spent a whole morning last week going through photographs on my hard drive deleting the ones that included you. I have to do it – I can’t have any physical memories of you. When it came to the photos of my sister’s wedding I started to cry because you were so good to all of us that day and you held my hand during my Dad’s speech because he, my sister and me were all crying. I took you for granted sometimes and I’m ashamed to admit that was one of those days but remembering you sitting beside me during that speech is a memory I’ll cherish.

I’ve deleted your e-mail address from my account, I’ve deleted your number from my phone, I’ve taken all of the stuff you gave back to me and thrown it in the bin, I’ve thrown away the key ring you gave me and the keepsakes you would buy me on Valentine’s day. All of that is so petty but you see, if I can’t have all of you, I don’t want any of you.

I didn’t want it to be like this, wishing you would break up with someone else to get back with me but that’s how it is and I’m not going to apologise for still being in love with you. And I’m not asking you to be with me today, tomorrow or even next week. But in five years or ten years, when you wake up one morning and hear your husband and children coming into the room bringing you breakfast in bed, who do you want to see? I know that I want it to be me and our children. I’m willing to work so hard to get to that point, to strip everything away and to start over not in our old relationship but with something new. I would do anything to be given that chance. What do you really want and if it for us to be together, what are you afraid of? I know that I’m not afraid anymore, and I know why it went wrong before so I can ensure it never happens again.

One of the things I miss the most is the long conversations we used to have about all sorts of things. And when we were in bed at night and I woke, I would turn towards you and snuggle into you and you would take my arm and put it across your chest – always in the same place, just below your neckline. I miss that now when I wake in the early hours. You mightn’t realise this but when you’re in company this innate shyness sometimes comes over you and you start to kind of mutter, not real words, just hums and haws – I used to think that was so cute. I could never figure out why you’d be shy, though, you were always the smartest person in the room, any room. I think I miss your smile most of all; it is radiant. And those beautiful greeny-blue eyes of yours that I lost myself in the first time I met you.

You hated that photo of you in the cable car wearing the hat you bought on our first day in Austria but I loved it. You holding the sides of the hat with each hand and with that cute, goofy grin on you. You looked so happy in that photo and we were so happy that week. I’d have repeated it again and again for the rest of my life. Remember the concert we went to on our last night and how we sat with the other couples and we became the centre of attention, didn’t we? I thought at first that it was because we were Irish or young but it wasn’t that, it was that we were so in love. When you were away from the table at one point, one of the ladies leaned over and said just that – we looked so in love. When did I lose hold of that truth and why couldn’t I find it again for so long?

I can’t listen to children crying because it reminds me of how you cried when I left you, almost as if you had been inflicted with the most terrible wounds. I know that’s why you can’t come back; you can’t risk that happening again.

Do you want to know why I couldn’t bring myself to get in touch before I saw you that night? I have had the toughest few months and I’ve had cause to question my sanity at times. How could I even think straight with all the sh.. that was going on. I just kept thinking “next week, things will start to be better and then I can get in touch” but they didn’t get better, not for me and not for certain members of my family. That shouldn’t have stopped me from lifting the phone but it did. And although I told you that I didn’t want children, I was lying, lying to you and lying to myself. Of course, I want children. You know that because I’ve told you.

Yes, I do suffer from periods of depression and you've seen them even if they last for just one day but I realise now that I was allowing that to cloud my judgment about us. And if it means me having to talk issues out with someone, so be it. I’m only sorry I didn’t have the courage to do that when you asked. I think I have to do it now in any case, whatever the future holds.

If this is it and we're not meant to be together, then I move on. Life will not be the same without you in it but I'll get over you one day and I'll thrive. For now, it’s agony knowing that I threw away what we had.

Even if you weren’t back in my town, I’d be leaving because I have to – I need to get away and start over. I need to see something different when I walk out the door in the morning and I need to make new memories. One of the things that I do not want is to bump into you one day and feel bitter about what has passed. I would want to be able to look at you with fondness and remember all the joy we shared together.

But if there’s even a 1 percent chance that we could start anew, let’s seize that and by the next day, it’ll be 2 percent and the day after that, 3 percent, and so on. Baby steps! One at a time, pet. I know I broke your heart – let me mend it. I’ve said a prayer that what I’ve lost will be returned to me. That prayer has never let me down but I’m beginning to think that maybe this time it will.

• Dear e , shocking to see your little face resigned and the words he smacked me in the face. You shrugged it off and forgave him .Just as I used to before I left him.Difference is ur his daughter and 6 so u cant .Its not your fault he gave u fanta and you were excited to see me after 4 days ,you screamed in his face and he wacked u .
    So i am sorry so sorry wish i could of picked a better man to be your dad someone who would never hurt a hair on your head .
    So i promise he will NEVER do it again .I told you the other day your amazing when you were drawing and without looking up you said I know with a little smile on your face ,Never forget it you are love mum

Dear ex,you destroy eveything good in your life i would feel sorry for u but its all your own doing.Get help seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

flossie wrote: »
    Dear Mr Right,

I am here. I am waiting. Where are you?! :D

Look forward to meeting you someday,

Floss.

I bit the bullet today and asked you what the story is with 'us'......you asked me out properly. I did a little scream of happiness and have been grinning since :D Thank you :) Oh, and thanks for the visit last night, it meant a lot.....

Dear Micky,

I hate what I am doing but you made a fool out of me with your lies and insincerity.

AOC

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Dear R,

You were my 'best friend' for probably about 10 years, we've known each other since we were 8 and up until last year I thought we would be.. as cheesy as it sounds.. best friends forever. You've always been the more outgoing, the crazy, loud, popular one of the two of us and I was happy to take what I could call a 'back seat' while you shared the lime-light.
    This was until last year. I didn't see it at first, I didn't realise you were using me, putting me down in front of our friends just so you would look better. You always made fun of my height when we were younger and called me a nerd. I thought that would stop, but you're still saying it 5 years later! I'm not 13 anymore, I'm not your shadow, I've grown into my own person, probably stronger that I would have been thanks to you. But flaunting your countless boyfriends in front of me, boasting about your sex life, telling me how much fun you had on nights out when I wasn't there doesn't make me envy you. Not one bit.

I would feel sorry for you because I know, I've known you for 10 years now, I know that inside you aren't happy and you're very insecure but I've put up with too much of your sh*t to try and keep our friendship alive in the hope that one day you'll be a good friend to me.

If I'm going to stay at all sane I have to cut you out of my life. At least until you've changed ever so slightly and are ready to be a true friend.

We've had some hilarious and brilliantly fun times but the bad definitely out-weigh the good.

I'll miss you and I'll definitely never forget you but for now, goodbye.

Lots of love and best wishes for the future,

A

xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Kadent

Dear you

I know what you are and that's why you hate me.

Dear P.

For too long I let you use me for your own selfish reasons. I ignored all the warning signs because I really wanted to believe you cared. I let you hurt me over and over again because I believed your lies and excuses. In the end, that awful end, you got the upper hand and made me out to be the problem when I now realise i wasnt. Although the last few days have really hurt me and your cold words and nastiness really hit home, Im glad to be free. it's going to be hard for a while, but in the long-run. I know I'll be happy. no more up and down tactics with what you want relationship wise or drunk texts and coldness the following day. Thank you for one thing though. I definately know what I want and what I deserve. Respect, honesty and no pain in any relationship.

Most of all I dont wish you any ill will or bad luck. Whats the point. Maybe someday you'll realise how unfair you were. I dont wish you back, I dont wish it could be different. relationships fail all the time. But "sorry I hurt you," and a proper explaination would have been fair.

good luck and so long. Im free.

Dear M.

I miss you.
    i want to see you so bad and just kiss you as corny as that sounds, but remember you've still not officially broken up with me. i just took it for granted when u started ignoring me and then text and told me lies as to why you'd not been in contact.

I was angry so bad until the other day and now i'm just sad because you've been in touch and havent made attempt to sort it out or see me so yeh i guess it is over. but i really liked you , alot. prob didnt realise until recently.
    I would like to be friends but then again i know that probably wont happen. i'd even just accept a call now and then i loved talking to u .
    oh well, i'm just going to have to get over it i suppose.
    I do still care about u, thanks for new year text.
    xxAllyxx

Deary N,

whats up? seriously!!
    am i really that bad at contact or is it something else.
    I calmed with texting and only did when necessary so whats going on now mr. ??

Are you trying to phase me out completly?
    I know you don't have feelings for me, i'm not guessin that or hoping for it because i'm well well over you, i love u to bits and really care for u so much, you know that!!
    Just calm a bit.
    you asked me to come out the last night, i wasnt bothered but u kept it up.

anyway i think our talks lately were tense , not real. like we're both hiding something.
    need a proper noah/ally chat!!
    Love you lots
    xox

L,

i love you to bits ,always will .
    but u have to stop being so bossy and manipulative,
    and the cursing has to stop. does not suit u at all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Dear Ex: Ref Post # 1305 on this thread,

Yet again, you come back looking for stuff from me. No you cannot have my furniture, you cannot have anything.
    Feck off, leave me alone and grow a pair. You're pathetic.

By the way, I am getting married to the most fantastic man ever. So screw you.

Loser.

Advertisement