Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

E,

You're the closest I've come to a relationship. How sad is that? Here I am, living on the other side of the world, working my as5 off and succeeding in a way I never imagined, and the closest thing to love I've had is a guy I never even met. A guy I messaged, texted, phone called, IM'd, sexted, you name it...for four years, with not as much as a kiss or a hug or even a handshake.

'Love'. It was never real. It could even be that we'd hate each other if we met up. Maybe you'd be an aRsehole. A charming one I'm sure. I've always known you were somewhat selfish, fragile ego, a bit of a player...but you always called. I think that's the difference. I think that's why this farcical dream formulated, because you persisted when no-one else did. I thought that was all I was worth.

I have a lot of work to do on myself now. I have to figure out why I felt that way. I have to figure out what the allure of you is all about. Because in reality you're nothing special, you're just another boy. And I can't stick around and wait for you to fall in love, or to let me down again, or to vanish out of my life only to re-appear months later when I'd just started to forget you, and drag me back under your spell.

You hurt me over Christmas. And you never apologised. Maybe it's karma. I've done the no-show thing with friends more times than I'd like to admit. I'm usually laid-back about that sort of thing, but it was so symbolic with you. You just couldn't be aRsed. That's why it ended with your last girlfriend, that's why we'll never be anything that's good enough for me.

I need more. I'm sorry for projecting that on you. For wanting you to be so much more than you are. You caught my imagination. But I could waste another four years on you, letting my mind run wild and living in eternal disappointment and then I'll be thirty, alone, bitter, miserable, still single. I can't do it. I deserve more.

I hope you have a good life. In the back of my mind I'm still hoping our paths will cross some day, but that will pass with time. You're not a bad guy. I just projected a lot of my own bullsh1t onto the dream of you. This 'relationship'. It's my fault, not yours. But this is where it ends.

Goodbye E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear Mum and Dad,

Because we're not good at saying it...

I love you more than life itself and everything I do is to make you both proud.

Thanks for everything. For my childhood, my education, my ambitions, the endless support and pride and for making me feel loved, always.

I'm sorry if I ever took you, your love and your endless selflessness for granted. I grew up in a world where that kind of love and generosity was the norm to me, thanks to you, and it's only since I've left home that I've learned that life isn't always that beautiful. The amount you do and sacrifice for me - simply because I'm your daughter - overwhelms me to tears sometimes.

The both of you, D and L (and that knacker of a dog!) are the most important people - and my favourite people in the world and I feel like the luckiest girl alive simply to have you all to come home to.

Please don't go anywhere any time soon because I'd be fcuked without ye.

Thanks for the happiest of Christmases xx

Bekser

Dear Stomach,

You had tonnes of bad food over Christmas, and the eating spilled into this week, coz Willpower went on holidays due to the trauma of being back at work ;)

So no. You cannot finish the box of Malteasers on the kitchen counter. You've already had half of them.

from

a (New Year's) dieting 20 something year old :)

Back to black. I still wonder why you do it. What is in it for you? Do you remember what you said or do are you too self absorbed to even care. How long this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Dear Project Group,

I hope you're tucked up in bed or out somewhere nice. Just to let you know, despite having had this project since September and despite the fact that we are emailing each other our first draughts on Monday and very much despite the fact that there is a shed load of reading needed I have yet to write one line of it and am massively underprepared. In fact, even though I am a championship level printer-out-of and flagrant-carrier-around-of case-studies I have read exactly 2 things. And I couldn't tell you what was in either of them!! I would have mentioned this on Friday but who needs to go into the weekend in tears eh? eh? Oh, and I sleep with my eyes open in the lecture as well so I genuinely don't have a clue what the hell this is all about.

Anyway, panic & an all-nighter will sort things out. It always does. Just to let you know my calm demeanour and convincing chat about project progress on Friday was all a bit fat fib. I have the sneaking suspicion yours was too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Dear D

Your one of my dearest and closest friends even though its 3 years and counting since we've seen each other face to face. You've sat up with me alright when my grandfather was ill, and you have dragged me thru some fairly crappy time and I love you dearly for it.

If things had worked out different I have no doubt we would be a couple now but due to our own stupidity things didnt work out that way, I know you say your not waiting for me and you are happy I'm happy with my bf, but please sweetheart move on, you are going to make some women so happy some day, your a gentleman and an all round sweetie, I know your last ex messed with your head, but holding onto the hope that you and me are going to be a couple some day is not doing you any good, get out there and get meeting people.

Who knows maybe someday we will get together but please dont set your heart on it

All my love
    N

Dear Miii
    Thank you!
    This is why I consider you my best friend, I feel like utter crap and you somehow turn my mood around, Love you soo soooo much!!
    xx

Mart
    I just wanted to actually say
    Hi, so yeh no hard feelings, i assumed this was over but you didnt know how to break it off.

and then i thought you'd tell me those "lies" were honestly true and you were just being a bloke..
    even if then u did and i believed you and u decided I wasnt for you, Thatd be fine. Probably for the best.
    but THIS is making me so so miserable, i'm in a no mans land because we've actually not broke up, face to face or by phone Or by fecking text.
    It's assumed only.
    yes move on and all that but I'm finding it difficult, at this point I actually wish we'd just fallen out , it'd be better! and if you dont want to talk to me, why the hell did u wish me happy new yr and reply to my reply!! wtf!! seriously!!

I promised I wouldnt let this happen but you did ruin xmas for me and new year and have made me miserable for the last 3 weeks!! seriously!!
    anyway, whatever!!
    Ali

Lulu

Yes, I am miserable over it, I told you about him, i.e. broke into that territory with u, strange i know. but something other than yeh would have been good. you didnt ask me one single question about it. not once.
    seriously!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I've made the effort to try repair things, even for a friendship. The balls in your court. Don't be an idiot and throw me out of your life fully.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Good luck tomorrow, but I'm sure you won't need it.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear D,

Fancy that coffee? I feel like you think I'm overdoing this but maybe its just like you said, you're bad at texting back. Haven't seen you in a week and a half - coffee is informal! :) You're the one who kissed me goodbye in public!

L.

Dear M,
    Girly, any chance you could use some divine intervention up there and fix my sleep habits, do my fyp and sort out my life for me? Not much to ask like - you're the one who wished the one true love thing on me, I blame you completely for the journey there. Not that I could hold a grudge against you, we got over that phase.
    Damn, I miss you. He made me cry by calling me your name and I was drunk and he didnt even know but I was hysterical. Its been two years, when is it going to get easier eh? I just need to know you're okay I think. I just need to know that it was your time and not some stupid horrible happening that made no sense. I know I can't have you back for catch ups with Tesco chocolate - as much as I want to believe that one day I'll head home and run into you and we'd go for milky tea and chocolate together I know it can never be that way.
    I told them nice things about you. They asked. I'd never said anything really because it made me sad to think about you, but then they figured that it was sad because you were gone, I should celebrate the you that was there. So I told them about the dance class and the Jenny stuff and the ickle lickle legs and the constant taunting the teacher. The funny stuff that made you amazing.
    The stuff I miss.
    I know its probably not healthy to still be writing you messages. I know I should be over this by now and moved on. But you changed me and I'm not done with that yet, as stupid as that is.
    I love you missy.
    All my love,
    L. xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

X,

I would love to have the guts to say the things to you that I need to say, that you deserve to hear. Maybe someday I will, and I can tell you just what you mean to me and how much I love and appreciate you.

I think you're it. There are no words that can describe how amazing you are. If you only knew how much you inspired me, if you only knew how my life changed immeasurably for the better since I met you, if you could only see what I can see, you'd realise that you're the best. I have absolute faith in you, because you are destined to be successful. All of your hard work, dedication and talent are going to reap magnificent awards and I hope that throughout your life you will always enjoy the benefits of this. More than anyone, you deserve to be happy.

I can hardly remember what life was like before I met you. Only a few months ago, that's so difficult to believe. You brought me out of my shell, X. You showed me that I can do tremendous things, that my opinions are valued, that the sky is truly not the limit. I could never thank you enough for having the faith in me that you've had, and for being so encouraging. I don't hold myself back as much anymore, and I feel myself improving on it all the time. I watched Two Cathedrals the other night and got so emotional when Mrs Landingham said to Jed "if you don't want to run again, I respect that. But if you don't run because you think it's going to be too hard or you think you're going to lose, well god Jed, I don't even want to know you!" You taught me how to feel the fear, and do it anyway. You taught me that there are worse things in the world than failing, than messing up. You showed me not to be afraid of success, and understood that success has been what I've been afraid of most of all. Thank you.

All I want is to make you proud of me. I truly hope that someday that happens. Perhaps then I can thank you for being such an inspiration to me, and tell you how beautiful you are. You are achingly beautiful, physically, emotionally, morally. If you only knew how many times I've found myself wandering around places where you might be, hoping to bump into you and hear your voice, or see your smile and have my stomach flip a few times because of it. I get so excited at the prospect of seeing you, I look forward to it intently all of the time. You brighten up my day, X. You brighten up my life. You make me smile and laugh and open up. God, you make me laugh. I think you're possibly one of the wittiest people I've ever met, and the best thing about it is you're not even aware of it. Even when we're joking I know you're making a serious point and I'm amazed by your intellect. But like I said, you were born to do amazing things. Your charisma and charm are so genuine and so very much a part of you, you're going to go big places. I'm by no means the only one who thinks that.

You taught me to go after what I want with everything I've got, and never to settle. Well, rightly or wrongly, I'm going to do just that. You're what I want. More than anything. And I don't care if it's hopeless now, maybe one day I will be strong enough to try. Maybe that will be the day I tell you all of this and even if it's hopeless then, at least I will have tried.

I hope everything is well with you and I will be seeing you very soon no doubt.

All the love in the world,

K. x

I just want to give you a massive hug & kiss and tell you how awesome you are but I can't :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

I know you might think you are just being a good friend and looking out for me but MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! I haven't asked for your advice, you have absolutely no experience of what I'm going through and have stated you never want to. You have no idea what you are talking about so give it a bloody rest and leave me alone. Just because you have seen other people go through the same as me does not make you an expert on the matter. Come back to me if it ever happens that you do end up in the same situation. Oh and I have snapped at you on occasion when you've been dishing out this advice so TAKE A HINT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Meh tosser. Shave your chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Dear 2012,

Please gift me with employment. Lord knows I've been trying. A girl can only take so much rejection!

Kthxbai,

Mushie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Donkey,
    I love you.
    We see each other every day, we share a bed, we live together, but it's been a while since it was like how it was. Our random, filthy, insane trivial conversations that me and you used to stay up having every night, over msn despite bein in college the next day.

That changed, and you're right. It's been too long. I really enjoyed tonight, much more than a fancy restaurant or hotel. Sitting in a tshirt and underwear, on the floor with my head on your legs.

Our playful conversation, it's really made me happy and we didn't discuss anything.

You make me feel like me and I love you for it. I love how you tell me Ava is exactly like me and I love how you say it with such pride. I love you. Well never be one of those dull boring couples.

Could kill you for keeping me up til almost 5, you're gonna Get maybe an hours sleep, if your lucky. But we needed it. I know it doesn't sound a lot to other people, but it doesn't matter. I'm going to bed exausted but with a happy heart.

Love you
    xx

Dear BF,

I can't understand why you don't want to run away with me and see the world. We've been together so long now and talked about this for years but now it looks like I will be travelling alone and it breaks my heart!...

You mean so much to me and I want to see the world with you and nobody else. I know I probably can't change your mind but i really wish I could!... this was always our dream but its become more my dream in the last few months and I wish I had the old you back that wanted to do this.

All my love,
    N x

Well done. Delighted for you, you deserved something good to happen. I'm excited for you eventhough things aren't great between us. :(

Anyway well done again.xXx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear Final Year,

Go F*uck yourself. Like, seriously, go jump, I don't want anything to do with you anymore. Too tired for your crap....

Kind Regards,

LMP

Just wanted to say... literally you need your head tested.. I know you know but you wont admit it - to me, ur family or a doctor.. so I am gone.

Wish you well... (literally).. but ive been doing that for years.. and it still aint happening!

Shame cas you will never meet anyone as good as me again.. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Dear Ex-Husband,

Please stop being so difficult and let me get on with my life. You are asking for the impossible, your solicitor and barrister have told you this. Please stop trawling me the coals every couple of months and realise that you cant get what you want. Its completely unfair and unrealistic and all this is killing me. Please for once just accept that you cant have what you want.

Leave me alone for once and for all,

A very emotionaly drained Ellie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Dear me,

Get off boards, ya muppet! You've an exam to be studying for! You're allowed FIVE more minutes online and that's it! Don't make me pop one!

Barelybooley xxx

Dear you

I'm not going to be treated like second best any more. I deserve more than what you can give me. Don't get me wrong I think you're great and you know it, but you clearly don't feel the same or you wouldn't treat me like you do. I really hope you find someone who makes you want to commit, but it's not me. There's a great guy in there, whether you want to acknowledge it or not and I hope you realise that before it's too late. So that's it. You won't hear from me again.

I hope we both find someone who makes us happy, who isn't just a stop gap.
    All the best, hope life treats you well,
    Take care,
    Me xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I know you're sick with "Man Flu" I know you're tired and sore and feeling crap! I know it's annoying! I know! But bloody hell, I'm doing my best here tending to your every need! I've gotten you everything you wanted! It is not my fault you're sick, stop taking it out on me! You're not the first and you're certainly not the last to have a fricking flu (personally I don't even think its a flu)!! Please, please, please snap out of it before I lose it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

Dear Dave,

You were an amazing BF who treated me like a Princess. We were so happy, until I messed it all up.

I'm sorry you had to come across those texts of intent to another guy, and that they were sent in the first place. I can't explain why I did it, even to this day- boredom? The thrill of the chase? Fear of settling down? Ego boost? I'll never know.

We stayed friends and you listened to my tales of woe of one disastrous relationship after the other. A lesser person would have taken satisfaction from my misfortune, especially after what I did to you, but you're too big a person to do that.

Things have finally fallen into place for you, you're in a hugely satisfying job, and you've met a lovely new girl. Nobody deserves this more than you. Your girlfriend is so lucky, shes got one of the good guys. I just wish I had seen at the time what side my bread was buttered on.

Sorry I hurt you.

Xx

Dear D,

I keep telling myself it's your loss. So why do I feel like the loser?

X

H-
    You expect too much of me. I try so hard and you just continue to hurt me. I wish I could make you cop on. You can only save yourself.

S-
    We both know we have feelings for each other. But then you try to end things and push me away, but you always kiss me after. You are playing games. You say you are so mad about me it makes your life difficult. You want me to wait 2 years for you. I don't know if I can anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

dear A
    i wish you would see your self the way i do you give some much to the world and ask for so little in return

B
    you two are medeler and karma will come back to bite u and i hope it hurts like you have hurt people and wreck there lives

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

WHY WONT YOU JUST ASK ME?!?!!?

D

You don't know it yet but I'm going to break your heart. I don't think you've ever had that happen to you.
    I have.
    Twice.
    After 10 years I think you should consider yourself lucky. Its not a nice feeling, which is why its so hard to do it. I know what your going to go through.

It hasn't been the same for nearly a year now. I know you know it too.

You nearly cheated. I know, its nearly. But I know you had feelings for her.... have feelings for her. I noticed them before and saw them at my birthday dinner. Do you have any idea how it feels to watch your other half look so lovingly at someone else, a look I don't get anymore. That was hard. But for the sake of our families and Chriistmas, I didn't say anything.
    But now, I've thought about, really thought about it. Your not the one for me. Not right now anyway. You broke my heart. You broke us.

I think you need to grow up. I think you need to be by yourself for a while. Stop relying on me so much.
    Thing is, I'm afraid of you. Your not physical, its the mental things, you have a strange hold over me.
    I'm so unhappy and right now I have to think of number 1.

10 years is a long time, we're 25 now..... I think its time. I know its what I need.

D

• Advertisement

Dear x

You stole my heart the minute you looked at me with that cheeky grin on your face. I've taken it back now, but I'll never forget how that felt. Thank you for showing me real love. Thank you for everything.

Dear xx

I think maybe I've fallen for you, and I'm not sure how to get back up on my own...I'm not sure I want to...so I'm hoping to god that you've fallen with me.

But I can't wait forever. I need more than this, I need to know that I'm more than an afterthought.

Please stop making this so hard, when it could be so, so easy if you'd just let it....

....if you'd just let me fall in love with you.

Advertisement