Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Dear All who bugged/annoyed/ pissed me off this last while!

Meh!!

Allybear

Dear U,
    Call me, 5mins and then i'm completly and utterly done and dusted!!
    xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear X

You've always been there for me, but when it happened, I wasn't for you.
    I'm sorry, but I didn't know how to handle it. I didn't know what to do.
    There isn't a time when they're mentioned, that I don't remember I let you down. I can never make up for it, and I can never tell you. But I'm so so sorry

Dear Bank of Ireland

I guess I need to remind you I DIDN'T BORROW MILLIONS!!!
    I'm sure my €1,354 isn't a huge dent in the millions, billions even, owed to you by the big guys.

Please STOP harassing me, I'm meeting my monthly repayments.

No, I won't up my payments,
    No, I can't pay it off immediately.

I am aware its affected my credit rating, but trust me I hope to never have to use you again once your paid.

Sincerely yours
    Unhappy customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

You,
    I've known you for 6 months. I wish I never met you. We did everything to help you and you boyfriend out at the beginning, offered advice, bought things from you (that we didn't need, we just wanted to support you).

First you screwed me over. Claiming another artists work is yours is never EVER okay. I can't believe what you did even now. You ability to only think of yourself is shocking. You're as talentless as you are heartless.

Now you dare go after my boyfriend?? Possibly the most kindhearted person around, he helped you so so much and THIS is how you repay him. By stealing an idea that was his creation, his baby.

You have no skills yourself. You leech off of other people, everyone else can see it already. One by one you alienate more and more. You sicken me. I'd love to say it's just that fat selfish a** of a boyfriend you have but after that last conversation we had I know, you're bad inside too. Thank god I believe in Karma.

I'm a forgiving person and I can count the people I hate on one hand. It takes a lot for me to never want to see someone again.
    You. I hope the bad of the world swollows you up and I never see you again.

Get some talent.
    Never talk to me again.

A and P
    It's hard to believe it,but I still can't get over how horrible you both were all those years ago.
    I'm sitting here at 1.49 in the morning typing this with tears flowing down my face.
    I still have bad dreams a few times a year,it upsets me so much.
    I'd love to know what it is I'm supposed to have done?
    All the others were baffled too,I know in my heart I did nothing,I said nothing.
    So why did you start ignoring me?
    Why did the nastiness start?The silences when I went into the room.The sniggers?

At your wedding A,P completely ignored me-until she'd had so much to drink that she was talking to everyone-including me. As for you A? You ignored me once the wedding was over.
    My relationship with PJ broke up,I was so upset over my so called best friends being so horrible,I couldn't concentrate on us,and I never got over him,he was the love of my life.

That time at work that you told Sh I was fat?
    God,girls,I was slimmer than either of you at the time, but that senseless comment sent me down the road to yo yo dieting and bulimia- that's the 1st time by the way,I've ever admitted that I had a problem.
    Ok,I'm better now,but did I really deserve that comment?

The good news is,I'm healthy,I have a few great friends who don't stick pins in me,or treat me like a doormat.Yes,I'm still wary of letting my guard down when I meet new people.
    I meet other people and they are still in contact with their college friends,and meet up regularly,all except me.I'm not particularly happy,I don't think I'll ever be.
    And all because you two treated me like that.
    Sometimes,I read here where people are nasty to others,I want to advise them ,I want to help them but I'm afraid of rejection.I'm afraid I'll be laughed at.Hell,I'm afraid to post something serious in case my opinion is hammered,that's how little confidence I have.

I wish you both every success and happiness in your lives,I hope nobody ever treats you like you treated me,I hope your children make loyal,trustworthy friends.
    I've stopped crying now,I'm off to bed.Sleep may or may not come,who knows.
    TH

• Advertisement

Dear "selfish guy"

I went out tonight, first night after since you ended things once again. I had a good night, but once again ended up in tears. I seriously have no idea why Im crying over you, when all you did is treat me like dirt.

I really hope my life gets easier. I know it would be nice of me to wish you the best, say that these things happen, that it doesnt matter. but why should I. You dont deserve the best, and to be honest, it should never have happened. If had my time over, Id have stayed in and never gone out so I wouldnt have seen your face. It does matter. it takes two to tango but I really tried to make this work and I forgave you so many times.

If I have to wish anyone the best, ITS ME. Because to be perfectly honest Im not perfect, but I will always respect others and myself. you need to grow up and be a man. good luck being alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Dear Me,

Stop living in a fantasy world and be a realist! Nothing is perfect!

Sincerely,

Also me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

so im good for a ride, but not girlfriend material?
    Yea that's my usual story anyway :(

to the pr!ck in tesco. you really knocked my already rock bottom self esteem, thanks for making judgement on my weight, what what you didnt know is that I had two thick jumpers on.

I can still lose more weight, but your're stuck being a d!ck. good luck with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Babe,

This isn't about you. Not entirely.
    You've made my life perfect and I love you so much.
    But I'm miserable and I need to figure out why.
    Somehow I've lost me. Who is Sarahbro anymore? I've merged into us - which I love! But lately I can't breathe and I just need some space.
    I'm not leaving, I never will.
    I just need to figure my goddamn head out for once.
    I'm sorry and I love you.
    Please never forget that.

Sarah xxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Dear Bf,
    Why do you always forget about me? like, how hard is it to text me? im gettin seriously annoyed at you! you say your going to make a cuppa coffee and youll ring me back when your done, 2 hours later i ring you, and you say sorry i forgot! how do you think that makes me feel? yes i know you have the memory of a goldfish on drugs but seriously, put some effort in man!
    its getting to the stage where i dont even know if your bothered anymore! maybe i should stop stupidly wasting my money on things for you that you want and see how long you last!
    I can say in the 6 weeks of us being together i have spent nearly ever penny i have on you because your broke, i know its hard for you being unemployed and i know you cant afford to buy me things back which is perfectly ok with me. you dont need to spend money to prove you love me!

Just please, please, put some effort in! i always go to you because you dont drive. i bring you everywhere you want to go. i just dont know anymore. feels like everything comes before me. Even your god dam playstation :(

i love you so much tho, everytime you look at me my heart melts :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Post deleted.

As per the mod note clearly highlighted in the thread title:

MOD NOTE

This thread just does what is says on the tin - please post in another more appropriate thread/forum if you want to give advice/comment on posts/chat to other posters.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

Dear me,

WTF do you want. Stop living in a fantasy world, you have a lovely man, who loves and cares about you (even though he is in bed now with drool rolling down his cheek) he is a good man.

Your mad to think you might be happier on your own, you wont, you will be miserable after a month.

So get over yourself, your just menopausal !!!

Love you G x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

T

Do you really think I'd ever meet you again after all the pain you caused me this very time last year. This time last year I was probably crying my silly eyes out over your coldness.

You actually think we could pick up where things left off? That I would actually make an effort to go meet you where we shared all those memories? The cheek of you to even suggest it to me.

I've told you I respect myself and love myself way too much to allow you to mess me over again.

You are 48 this year. I don't think you will ever grow up. Stop texting me in the middle of the night because you are missing the fun girl you had. And don't lie and say you are texting me sober. You aren't sober at 2.30am on a Sunday morning. I'm not an idiot.

I cried so many tears over you last year and yes, I do miss some of the amazing fun times, but that is all a relationship is to you - fun. You can't do the commitment side, you can't do the honesty and openness side. You don't know how to be a loving partner - you don't even know what a partnership is.

You are and always be a commitmentphobe. You are charismatic and very attractive, but there is no real depth to you.

When you scratch the surface there is very little there.

I pity you now because you see 50 looming. I think you know you are starting to feel old - you even mentioned it in your text expecting me to say you aren't. Of course I didn't fall for that, I said, yes, you are.

We shared some amazing fun times, but I hope you know now that I meant what I said. You are my past, not my future.

All my friends said you would crawl back and they were right. You remembered my b'day in October and wished me well at Christmas. I suppose you were trying to butter me up.

You thought you were the one all your many friends envied - the fancy free one with a lovely woman 8 years younger on your arm that you loved showing off. But they have all, albeit at late enough ages, settled down and had families and don't envy you anymore. Maybe they pity you, too.

They don't want that bachelor life anymore and have changed their ways, but you haven't. You are still what you always were - a boy that never grew up.

I am glad this happened now when I am strong and happy and not drinking and can see you for what you are and how little you offer.

I don't wish badness on you because you were there for me for many years. But you never really there in the way a loving partner should be and that will never be enough for me.

I've changed a lot in the past year. You haven't changed at all.

Oh, and I am not 'your Darling' and haven't been for a long time.

Good luck in the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Mother,

You are an absolute, god damn awful, greedy bitch and that's all you are.

I was so grateful to have home to move back to. But why oh why am I required and it is demanded of me regardless of my circumstances to pay rent to you and bill money to you while your sons who have more money than any one of us are not required. Ah sure, they don't have it I'm told.

How did one of them have the money for a two month holiday to australia? He's going to come back to spent his dole money in the pub every week. Do you think he is stealing these things?

The other brother - his dole is pocket money every week. His has money for a new fancy phone and shoes and the pub and new games for the computer.

He's due thousands in back payment and he is now also newly on the dole queue getting 188 a week.

They have the money. You are only making excuses for them. While bleeding my pockets dry. I have a debt collector chasing me for 80 euro that I cannot pay. I have holy shoes. I'm earning 15 euro more a week than your lads on the dole. Where is the fairness? If your lads want a holiday they are going to have to save longer and harder and pay their way. Would that make too much sense?

Edit:
    I help out whenever I can and you know I do. Why is that not good enough? The money that you are demanding of me is going towards your sons keep while they don't even have to pay a penny nor are they required to. Why do you believe your sons are incapable of looking after themselves or providing for themselves because they have a penis. Since when is owning a penis a disabilty?

I'll need to talk up about this situation and no doubt it will be viewed as a threat upon your golden boys and all hell would break lose.

Fcuk off to the dail and into politics why don't you. They would love you there.

Dear you,

I'm really sorry,
    I think i made a huge mistake, ok, you werent in contact but your a man, why did i not think of that.
    I put the idea that you breaking up with me into my head that nothing or noone could change that. Even when you told me you sick, i still thought it was an excuse,

Why didnt i just slap myself silly!
    Then i apologised for a bitchy msg but still put forward my assumptions. you must think i'm a psycho..

I had a good think the other night and then realised you probably were telling truth.
    thats why i sent you msg to apologise about it.

I've no excuses for my actions, me being so paranoid about u wanting to dump me is nothing you done, thats obviously completly me.
    Of course i was confused . we WEre getting on so well, nothing Had happened, i spoke to you the day before, you're Not an assh**e so of course you weren't dumping me.
    you were just out of contact.

I really really wish i could change my actions, i should have just rung you to ask rather than assuming.
    I thought i was miserable with you dumping me, but i feel sh*t now cos you more than likely werent but i assumed and gave you no chance to tell me otherwise.

Did i lose out on good thing or what,
    I wish i could speak to you now or see you and just give ya a hug to say sorry.
    I can understand why you're not replying, I acted like nut!
    believe it or not, i'm actually not like that, i dunno what happened me, i must have really liked you, still do.

I'm sorry. any point say i made big fat mistake..
    i know you've probably done a new year , move on thing but wish i could turn back time. :(

Ally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Your texting me, yet you have a girlfriend... It sucks. I aint hanging around, make your mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Dear Me.

Why can't you shake the self doubt? You're intelligent and capable but you never really seem to try because if you dedicate yourself to it, and you fail, what have you got left?

An amazing family.
    Good health.
    Opportunities many others in the world didn't get.
    A good education.
    The knowledge that you tried your best.

What the **** are you waiting for?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Dear Myself

I wish you'd stop being so nervous at work and just relax.......People will tend to not be as harsh on you if you just show more self-confidence.

Just f(ckin do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Dear Judge,

Please,please, please, please adjourn my case tomorrow. My nerves are in tatters.

Thanks,
    Ellie.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Dear Me,

Don't let the nerves destroy you tomorrow, deep breaths you'll be fine!

Dear interviewers,

Please realise I'm the correct person for this! I promise I'll work my ass and be the best! I want this I really do! Please help me realise my dreams!

Dear family and friend,
    Understand I want to be on my own at the moment, I've a lot going on, it's nothing personal! I'll ring every single one of you when I'm finished tomorrow! I promise!

Dear you,
    I loves ya, thanks for everything, thanks for keeping me level headed and keeping my mind off everything! You're the best!xxx

Dear Life,
    Please give me this much, please! I will stay trying until I get it, just give in now and give it to me this time! I'd prefer second time lucky not third please! I don't want to have to leave the country! Please do this one thing for me!

Thanks xxx

• Advertisement

Dear W

You have no idea how much those words helped last night, how you made me feel a little less lost for just a minute - and just how much that means to me right now. You all keep telling me that I'm this strong person...the person you say you see, and I'm trying so hard to believe it, but it's so hard when all I feel is failure and pain. I'm so worried you'll get sick of me, that you'll walk away and I'll be on my own. I'm scared you think less of me, despite your protests otherwise. But I'm trying to change that, I'm trying to get better. Thank you for coming through for me...thank you for everything. You're one of my best friends and I love you for it.

Dear missy
    You never ask questions, you just accept me. Not once have you pushed me, not once have you got annoyed despite all my sh1t - you're just always there, even when I need you to stay at a distance. That night I needed to come home - you just said ok lets go. You didn't make a big deal out of it, you didn't ask me a million questions, you didn't make me feel worse than I already did. You went and got us the taxi, got in, and sat holding my hand without saying a word. You are such an amazing person, and if I'm ever half the person you are I'll be lucky. Please don't give up on me. Thank you x

Dear .
    What would I have done without you? Where would I be? From day 1 you've got me through this, you were there every step of the way. Answering the phone at 3am, listening to me when I could barely breathe and all I could do was cry, and being there for me so so much - even when you were a million miles away. You're the one person I know understands...and that means everything, it means the world. You make me feel a little less crazy. There are so many different kinds of love, and I'm so happy we've found our way to this kind..because you're one of those friends who last forever and I'll always love you.

Dear ...
    You rock my world, but Jesus not always in a good way. Please, please let this somehow work out, because I think I've always wanted it and I'm hoping maybe you have too; that maybe you'll think it's worth it. I need you to have a reason for how things went, because it broke my heart a little bit. I need to make sure that won't happen again because I can't keep doing this, not the way things are now. I'm not in a good place, but I'm trying...and I just need honesty from you - that's all. I need to know that you won't disappear on me again when things go wrong, because that's not how it's meant to work - we're meant to help each other. Just...let me in.
    x

Dear new psych
    We went over the hour again this week, and you didn't even mention extra money. It's like you genuinely want to help me, and despite how bad things feel right now...that little bit of hope is keeping me going. Thank you for making me feel like a person again. Thank you for helping me, and for keeping me alive.

Dear Anyone,

Please care about me. Please, please, please. I don't really have anyone, and I'm having a difficult time.

Me.

Dear Family, I know Im driving you crazy right now. Its been a rough year for us all with our own individual worries and then other things to top it off. I know sometimes it doesnt seem I appreciate everything you've done for us. I really do. But if I could only tell you exactly how I feel right now and whats hurting so much, make then you'd understand.

Dear my best friend and friends. I miss you all so much. The best years of my life have been when we all met and had brilliant days and nights out together, studying, doing nothing. Its a real treat when we all have the spare time to do all that again. I really hope things will turn around and we'll have those days back.

Dear you....I dont know if I'll get over you. You've caused so much pain and hurt. You are selfish. You made me feel like you valued my opinion, that you cared. But that too was lies, you used me for your own selfish reasons, when you felt bad, you knew I would listen. there was always an excuse. I should have listened to my friends and the warning signs long before it went this far. I really loved you. Flaws and all, I never once judged you, and that was my mistake. I will never forget the last things you said to me, how you made me out to be the one with the problems, and told me how you never had feelings for me, you just wanted one thing. Its been a few weeks now and I feel so sad, so hurt and used. At times I stupidly miss you, and then Im angry at myself for feeling that way. I dont think I could ever do what you did to anyone. Despite my own flaws, I will never be like you.

Dear me..........I can see you slipping. Crying at the smallest things. You are a strong girl, and happy, yet right now, nothing is going right. I wish you could just forget Him and try and see that things wont feel like this forever, that your situation will improve and you will get there eventually. I wish as a kid, you had more confidence in yourself. I honestly think its reflected on how you let your partners treat you, because you dont know how to say goodbye and leave bad relationships. I really hope all this pain has taught you how to say f*ck off to those who deserve it.

Dear Life.....please throw me a lifeline and get me out of this rut Im in. Please open a door somewhere and bring a little joy into my life right now. I dont want to cry anymore or put on a brave face. Im tired of getting the short straw all the time when I know I deserve better. Im tired of feeling lonely and sad. A little bit of hope is all I need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Posts deleted.

As per the mod note clearly highlighted in the thread title:

MOD NOTE

This thread just does what is says on the tin - please post in another more appropriate thread/forum if you want to give advice/comment on posts/chat to other posters

Many thanks

...please note this includes disguising chat/advice and offers of PM via Dear X posts. Anyone wishing advice/chat/whatever should also be posting in the appropriate forum.

Cheers.

(I wrote this before I talked to you this morning. Might be moot now, I don't know.)

Please read this carefully because it might be the last thing I say to you.

I don't deserve this. I care more than I'm willing to say because I don't want to be your ego boost. You've torn my life asunder at a time when I thought things were starting to go right. You have happy memories of better times to look back on. I have nothing.

I'm giving you until the end of the week to acknowledge me, properly. I don't care what you say as long as you say something. It's 4 days. It doesn't take that long to think and type. There are no excuses.

If not... nothing will happen. Literally nothing. No bitterness, no revenge, no hatred, no badmouthing, no drama, no sympathy, no second chances, no friendship, no contact, no nothing.

I'm starting a new chapter of my life soon. That's my decision, and I'm happy to make it. Whether you're part of it is not in my hands. I'll make do with whatever I'm given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I loved you once, I love you still.
    I always have, I always will.

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I thought things were going to get better but I was clearly wrong. I know things are hard for you with Granny but it's so unfair of you to make me feel like this. I don't like being at home and I feel like I can't talk to you like I used to. Sometimes I feel like I've lost my Mam even though you're here. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Dear m,
    All i wanna do is clear the air,
    I've been thinking, either way, this prob couldnt work out longer anyway, but jees, i'm making an effort, and I actually don't know if i will give, maybe i will , but if you knew me bit longer, I'm not someone thats easy to get rid, and I'm not the kinda girl that someone leaves, boyf/ friend/ family member and i just go oh right bye so.
    Yes, with you , i should do this with you but since you wont answer or even acknowledge i'm finding hard to just move on. cos i'm all time thinking you think i'm a bitch or something.
    anyway, i'd love to go Meh whatever but from last night you know I cant.
    and i tried to add you and obv you're having none of it. ok.

I'm trying . :(

Allybear.

Dear N

Thanks for last week, our wee lying down chat, drunkly sober! it was funny. It's my fave thing about you, you'll just let us be and we can do that and its no deal.
    Hope you find someone lovely. you totally deserve the best!
    Ally

Dear Me,
    Cop yourself on.
    Get back to work.
    THIS is more important than him. Either you or him messed up this.
    what meant to be is meant to be and all that.
    Everything happens for a reason etc etc..
    everything bad has been cleared! MOVE ON!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

I thought I had finally got you out of my head but there you are again: I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought about was you, us. God damn it, I know I can't have you and that you could never trust me again so why is my heart still telling me we have a future together?

• Advertisement

Dear Me

Why keep people in your life who simply make it difficult? Take responsibility for your OWN happiness and no-one elses; because you're the most important person in your world. Sometimes it's just time to move on and leave those people behind, hard as it may be.

Advertisement