Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear you,

This just is never going to work, is it? And its nobody's fault, really, well, its both of us and neither of us at the same time. Right now, I'll go ahead and blame me - but its not a bad sort of blame, just a statement of "this is whats happening".
    I've changed a lot in the last six years, so much in the last year. I'm after getting my heart broken into smithereens and making so many mistakes that eventually I had to start learning from there. And there you've always been, reliable, amazing, there for me. And you're great, you are. You know me so well, and all of that.
    But this isn't going to work because neither of us is really all that willing to change surroundings. I am, on a temporary basis. I'm willing to travel, I'm willing to try. But your attitude to my surroundings isn't quite as positive - and I'm not willing to put up with that. I'm sick of being in relationships on someone elses terms - I swore I would never do that again. So now, I have to be selfish, for my own self preservation, and refuse to make you my number one priority when you won't make me yours.

I love you so much, and I guess we're fine as we are.
    I'm sorry.

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

You,
    You were once my best mate yet:

-you hated my boyfriend and were always rude to him.
    -you stole from me.
    -you never had time for me when I was battling depression.
    -when I told you I was selfharming you made me feel like crap.
    -you ignored my messages all christmas.
    -you have no idea how to talk about anyone other than yourself.
    -you told me you wouldn't meet up with me and one of our mates because you'd more important people to see.
    -the only time I've seen you this past year is when you've been trying to meet up with a friend of mine who you fancy (by the way, i've been telling him to ask you out for the last 2 years and he has no interest)

I was always taught to see the best in people.
    What i've learnt- sometimes, that best is really hard to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Dear x,
    Why after more than 10 years together could you not have had the respect for mee and been honest with me and tell me you'd met someone, at least the truth, how ever painful would have helped me understand why and saved me months of absolute hell agonising about what I had done? Time has moved on and the children and I have healed a lot, its just a pity you've thrown them away, thrown so much away and broken so many hearts..
    I have never had the oppertunity to say this to you in person, I hope I do someday.

See you in court.
    Your soon to be happily divorced ex wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear L
    if you dont want me then why do you insist on staying in contact with me, why did you text me in the middle of the night only to blow me off again the following day, kindly make up your mind as im getting close to telling you to fcuk off!

sincerely p

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Dear you,

You thrill me.
    Bet you didn't see that one coming.

Unashamedly, me.

P.S: you have the nicest voice I have ever heard. I think I'm in love with it. Is that possible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Hi
    I think i love you, I will not ever tell you that unless you say it first but you truely are my everything, you were joking about us being together when we r 90, just so u know my smile wasnt coz I thought that was funny but because I thought how nice would that be
    Do me a favour,
    Tell me so I can tell you
    Lets live happily ever after, love you, ok? xxx

Johnny,

When you told me that you had an affair, were having a few affairs, I'm not sure why i didnt believe you, possibly because I figured you were too busy for one , never mind a few.

Well boy did I get THAT wrong. Your Mrs left us home the other night and when we asked her in for a cuppa she accepted and said that she wouldn't have been able to come in if you were still alive!

She told us the whole story , the beatings, the humiliation of having her pick you and the other woman up from a night out... WTF? I know you are gone and I lamented your passing in this thread!! but bloody hell.. beating a defenceless woman?? some man you were!

Im in shock since.... I have never been at a loss for words but in this case they fail me. Really and truly fail me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 katisha

Dear stranger,

Thank you for reaching out to me through this forum when I was going through a horrible time. Thanks for meeting with me today and letting me talk. Thanks for being more of a friend to me than my own friends and for your kindness.

Dear other posters in LL, thank you also for your kindness, your messages, your non-judgement and for being a lifeline even though you did not know you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭unklefiction

I hope you know that I never went anywhere, I am always here to listen, if you need a friend. I'm a good listener, I also have a comfy absorbant shoulder :) I wont ever be judgemental. I always understood, a true friend. Love R.

Dear J.

If you don't kiss me, I'll kiss you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear bf,

I'm doing it for you. This is it. I'll make you proud.

I love you.

Jane xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dear Dad,

This is the world's smallest violin and it's playing just for you.
    Seriously, man. No-one likes a miser. Grow a pair of balls and cheer the **** up.
    You are bringing everyone down with your constant moaning about trivial things.

KTHANKSBAI.

Dear Mam,

Wish we were forward enough and then i would tell you how much i love you and appreciate you. the weekend really made me realise that.
    everything you sacrificed for us, Thank you so much.
    xxxx

Daddy,
    I maybe your daughter but you definitely dont treat me like one .
    Saturday night hurt me more than you can imagine .
    you were not around, dont try to blame that on Anybody else and how dare you take digs at my mother. she was the one who fed, clothed and looked after all 5 of us on her OWN , with absolutely no support from u. you can claim you gave her money, if you had give her enough, we wouldnt have had to live in a 2 bedroom mobile home for over a year- 6 of us! you do the maths. yes exactly.
    then telling me all the money you gave to him??? and saying you've none now?? i know different. the 2011 car outside said different.
    yes i know you had hard year last year but we had it bad too.
    I will write that letter. its been a very long time coming and the way you were on saturday i'm so mad i'd not mind not speaking to you but give me 2 weeks and i'd feel guilty.
    even after you upsetting me on saturday night, you then tried to drive home drunk and told your sister to mind her own business.
    I actually said you'll get yourslef killed, dont drive, you didnt want to listen.

a text that you were made sent to apologise doesnt do it especially when you dont remember what you said and you didnt realise you upset me in first place.
    Thats it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear You

Sometimes it shocks me when I think about how little I was willing to accept from you. Its good that it shocks me though, because I realise now how wrong your behaviour was and how disrespectful it was.

My god man, do you not cringe thinking back on it? I see how bad you look now and imagine that you will realise some day (if not already) how much I adored you but had to walk away because of the way you treated me.

This will be my last post on you.

*Does imaginary toast to the future* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Darling to quote Mumford and sons " you really ****ed it up this time didnt you my dear..............didnt you my dear"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

Dear nice man,
    Lets give it a try ;)

Dear T,
    I miss you everyday. Sometimes all I feel is anger towards you. Yet I love you still. How could he do what he did?? Destroyed so much in the space of a few hours. I despise everything about him.:mad:

Dear C,
    I miss how close we were. We have both changed so much.

Dear S,
    I love you. The sister I never had.

Dear S,
    I think about you all the time. I hope your doing ok up there. I often wonder how much of what went on do you know? D really is his father's son. I guess time will teach him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

To the boy who broke my heart

so much for just wanting a break from us for yourself and not wanting to be with anyone else. Found your condoms that you didn't buy to use with me. How dare you contact me whenever you're lonely and lead me on about maybe getting back together "when you're head is sorted" and all the while you expect to bring girls home to what was our bed?! What am i supposed to do now? Move on, wait for you, ask if u are moving on? Do you have any respect for our relationship at all or me even? I didn't want to walk away from us but it seems you're searching for someone else. The person who knows you inside out, who loves you and cares about you is waiting for you to want her back. You're not going to find another girl who'll love you like i do but if u even so much as kiss another girl i don't think i could ever look at u the same. Please tell me where i stand. I've done nothing wrong and yet Im being punished in the worst possible way. U won't let me get over you but you're obviously getting over me quick enough. Its not fair.
    :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Dear S boy,
    we spoke about u today, she was giving out, not me, i looked at your page on her comp.
    I'm glad you're still at your thing, if you turn up at this thing on sat, good for you, have a feeling you won't.
    I've no bad feelings anymore about you. Being with you and after was an experience I had to go through this year, along with other things. It just really showed me that i can get through most things at this stage.
    Hope to see you some time even if to say Hello and smile.
    xxx

D,
    I've already written this above, but really i can't believe you on saturday night, how dare you and then you didnt even think you done anything wrong.
    i guess im late in getting all this, the boys got this long time ago.
    I could be finished with you, that feeling of caring is gone i think. yes i know who u are but you're not really.
    xx

T,
    Thanks for being the best friend ever, always, no matter what goes on.
    x

Ami,
    Thanks for letting me vent about him.
    you always get it. thanks. xxx

Me,
    forget about IT, he didnt know he was upsetting you.
    He thinks he can act that, he's obviously gotten away with it until now.
    send the letter. as for other one, you're moved on, keep it that way.

Dear maddening boy,

I've let you get to me again. I thought that *finally* I was at a point where seeing you would mean nothing to me and I'd be over it and happy with what I have. But then I've spent the last few days trying not to think about you and maybe finally realising how much I haven't come to terms with all that happened. I gave up everything for you, you know. I don't really blame you for that as I probably should've had more sense and in any case it was for the best. I really just wish things hadn't gotten so complicated and impossible. I sense you got hurt at least nearly as much as I did. I don't blame you, I don't even blame me but that doesn't mean it wasn't all a big horrible mess. We did nothing wrong but also - we did nothing. All I can hope is that this time not being able to stop thinking about you is just me processing all that's gone on and not me falling for you again. I really can't understand my attraction. Yeah you're good looking and smart and nice and all that but so are other people! That doesn't explain what I can only describe as a recurring mental illness that affects me in relation to you. I was in love with you for years. It was torture. I thought I knew what was going on inside your head but maybe I was wrong? Anyway, that was a long time ago. I can't put myself through that again. I really just hope this is me saying goodbye, and meaning it.

A very foolish girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I really wish you could see how worried I am and I really wish you'd listen to me. I know you're not going to take my advice about what's going on. You'd feel the same if it was me. Please try to see it from my point of view. xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

Hey you,

You could just surprise me you know..........I just love it when you're spontaneous;)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

We have had 3 false starts through no fault of our own.

Before Christmas we kissed and it was amazing and we thought "finally!" but that went belly up a couple of days later!

Then 6 weeks ago it started again and it has been an amazing 6 weeks of just the two of us being us, and now you are being transfered out and no hope of coming back and its a long drive back here as well as going to your own home county when you have a day off.

Im sorry I hung up on you earlier but I didnt know what to say anymore.
    Will long distance be worth it? Can we do it? Why does this have to happen now? Everything was going so well and now this happens, its like nothing wants us to be together except us. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

ugh i wish it was different :( but it can never be fixed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Note to self,

HELL YEAH

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dear nice man,
    Lets give it a try ;)

Ah sure why not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Life...

Give me a sign please! A sign of what to do and that everything will be ok! I'm very very lost right now! What an apt username I picked!

Me

You...

Oh my God I miss you with all my heart and you're not even gone 24 hours. I am in bits! I was so used to having you around. Please come back to me. And please don't find someone else.

Talk to you soon
    xx

To M,

You were such a gentleman when we met. I really enjoyed what we got up to and I want to thank you for the experience.

What happened afterwards was nothing more but a headwreck.

You asked for my address to send on a gift you had for me. Coming up to two weeks later there was no sign of it in the post. I made contact on the off chance it got lost in the post. You gave me an excuse for not sending it yet. This should have been a red flag for me. A message before that would have been polite to tell me what the situation was. You wrote that you were due in my city for a such a such weekend and that you'd give it to me personally. That weekend came and I didn't hear anything from you until late in the weekend after I made contact. You fobbed me off saying that you were outside from the city and thought something like it was an inconvience or something. I can't remember. You were in my city for work reasons and you did however write that you could skive off work for a drink. That invitation was late into the weekend and I had to accompany my mam to a funeral that evening.

Contact was brief between us after that but I never expected contact to be at the same level as to before we met. However you could have followed through with your gesture but you never did. I was very patient thinking that maybe you would. I wished you well for an event sometime later and I was greeted with an indication of another session. You were flaky on that and couldn't even give me anything definite. Sometime later in the year I was told. And your gift??? I asked you what happened to that and you wrote saying that you lost it. You couldn't have sent me a message at any stage to tell me that? You waited for me to drag it out from you. Considering what happened to your gift you probably weren't even going to follow through on your session.

I aired my displeasure and frustration about that and it was followed up with nothing.
    - could you have found what you claimed you had? Or
    - offer some sort of reassurane that you were genuine? Or
    -replace it with something else? Or
    - send a note in the post? Or
    - ask me how I was in a message? Or
    Anything aside from doing nothing

It is the thought that counts with a gift and it turned out to be nothing. Even though you proved yourself to be untrustworthy by not following through on your gift and you said you lost it, and I was annoyed and disappointed, I had something had the back of my mind that maybe you might fix it somehow. I thought maybe you would put it right but nothing followed. That hope crushed me. The whole thing was insulting, demeaning and belittling. It is my opinion with your lack of actions you lied to me. For ages I was trying to figure out why? What?

That hope that that I clung to and the openness of the situation in that you could have found it at any stage fcuked me. Man, I was fcuked crazy being mean and nasty to you in the form of crappy, sh1ty, insulting, obsessive emails and messages. I was very patient for a long time and there was nothing from you but a pack of lies. You lied to me to fcuk and toy with my head trampling over my mind and emotions. Long before I turn batsh1t crazy towards you. I don't care anymore. You are a lowlife, cowardly, arrogant, obnoxious piece of scum for doing that.

From A

Dear all in the ladies lounge,
    I had a gut feeling that something wasn't right from the start with this. I remember writing my address for that man thinking something wasn't right - too much, too soon after one night or something. But I threw caution to the wind, ignored it and gave him the benefit of the doubt and continued to give him that benefit of the doubt on the off chance it was all in my heas. Well he turned out to be a liarry messer. Don't anybody ever ignore your gut feeling if it's telling you something.

From me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear Me,

You can do it! What happened the days of being top of the class? Yes I know you gotta put more effort in so get your shit in gear girly!!

Start believeing in yourself again,
    Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I have finally got to a point where I can say your name without my bottom lip wobbling dangerously.

We were talking about you today, funny stories and before now they even used to make me cry but I could laugh today, at last. I'm so glad because you were bloody hilarious! We were even talking about the odd day when you used to wreck our heads with your stubbornness and your moods but those days were rare in fairness and for the most you were so good to be around.

It's still so hard and this Will business is still dragging on so it's hard for us to move on fully until we can close that chapter but there is an end in sight and hopefully then we can start some healing.

I miss you still x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Dear everyone in my life:

Get off my back and please stop making me so fcuking miserable.

L - you are the most manipulative person I have ever met in my life. You fell out with everyone and now you're making a concentrated effort to get back friends with the other two girls and exclude me. It's a horrible feeling and I genuinely hate you.

D&N - You two are supposed to be my best friends. I accept that I am not the friend I could be at the minute, but I have apologised and grovelled for your forgiveness and it's still being turned away. I know where I stand with you two and with L back on the scene, I know we're not going to be friends in a few months and that tears me apart.

P- I did nothing wrong. You have no right to be annoyed at me. I have every right to be annoyed at you. Stop trying to have the upper hand in all of this.

P2 - Just leave me alone.

I am so low at the minute and literally have nobody to turn to because all of you have fcuked off and found reasons to be annoyed at me. I'm not always in the wrong, sometimes I am the victim and you were in the wrong but none of ye will accept that so I'm always the bad guy who's left with nothing.

I'm so tired. So fcuking tired.

Advertisement