Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Been thinking about this the last couple of days, and this is going back years but I feel it needs to be written.

Dear A and S,

When you make serious death threats against fellow 10 year olds, your parents should have realised that you weren't right in the head. Ye became friends with me, built up my trust and then made my 12 year old life actual hell.

You cut my hair, sliced scissors across the back of my neck, put glue in my yoghurt (and nearly poisoned me), locked me in cupboards and bathrooms in the dark when I was terrified of the dark, manipulated the boys in our class to punch me when the teacher wasn't looking, ripped out pages from my copybooks, wrote me letters detailing how you would like to kill me and left them in my schoolbag for my poor mum to find, turned the one friend I had against me so I was totally alone and isolated for the last year of primary school and the one thing that you couldn't control-my grades and the fact that I was academically more talented than anyone else in the class- you tried to convince the teacher that I was stealing your work and passing it off as my own.

You humiliated me for the last three years of primary school and fcuked up the way that I see people now. I don't trust people not to turn against me and because of the way you treated me, I somehow gravitate towards manipulative people. It's because of ye that I ended up being manipulated and bullied for another 5 years in secondary school. It's because of ye that I either trust people too easily or don't trust them at all. It's because of ye that I struggle with my mental health and it's because of ye that I'm a control freak.

If I were a bitter person, I would wish the kind of things you did on me onto your own children, but I'm not. In fact, if I knew a child was being put through the things you put me through, I wouldn't be able to handle it. No child should be in fear of their life from other ten year olds. I hope we meet again someday and you remember the things you did to me and feel some remorse, because on the last day of school, you both spat in my face and told me you both hoped I was ran over during the summer holidays, because nobody would ever want to be friends with me in secondary school, or ever for that matter.

I still can't erase that thought from my head. You fcuking bitches.

R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

To all the people who have ever been humilated by some wanker or bitch and to all the people who ever let the evil words or actions of another break their confidence,

See the quote in my sig. ;)

Kind Regards,

LZ. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

Dear Boy

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I get a weird vibe off you!

Could we love each other if we were both single?

I should stop thinking about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear X,

It's killing me knowing your right there and I can't talk to you. So many regrets if only you knew how I really feel, but it's too late now and there is nothing I can do about it. Your moving on planning with her and it's killing me knowing it's not happening with me. I wanted all you wanted I just didn't tell you when I should have bcoz I thought you were losing interest at the end and now it's too late. I still think about you everyday and it's much harder when I keep getting reminders of you.

Miss you,
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

Dear H & D,

You made me life miserable during Secondary School. D, at least you weren't as horrible, mean and self-obsessed as H but you colluded in her behaviour. I am so glad I kicked you too to touch and got myself some real friends. H, you are possibly the most mean-spirited person I know. Thanks for visiting me last year to try to make me feel like ****. It made me realise that I am on the way to getting over you and your petty competitive nature.

H, (different one)

I am sorry for the way that I went about breaking off our friendship, it was selfish but I couldnt see any other way out of it. I felt smothered, insecure and pressurised, particularly about drink which I was not happy about. I may have hurt you but I had to think of myself for once. I am by no means perfect, but when you got into a hump because I wasn't spending every day with you I knew I had to stop things before they became like the 'friendship' with H&D.

F,

I know you love me and I love ye but sometimes I want to get the feck out of the house or I want to be alone. Please respect that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dear m

i cannot believe you didnt show up last week

you were conspicuous by your absence

lots of others were there to support me, but you were missing, with not even a text to acknowledge the event

that speaks volumes

see ya!

dear j

stop playing the martyr card and making me feel guilty because i have said "no" for the first time since last june

i've put your needs ahead of mine since then, and i was glad to do it when you needed me

but you dont need me as much now, and i cant sustain giving you that much support all the time.

you have other family around you to support you - its time for one of them to step up to the plate instead of leaving it all to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Dear Gran,

I never once told you that I loved you, or that I thought you were amazing, or even that I liked spending time with you. I was a child and I didn't know any better.

The last time I saw you, you were in hospital on oxygen and I was terrified. I bent down to kiss you and the oxygen mask got in the way. I was too scared to move it and try again so I just left.

It is more than ten years later and I'm still devastated you are not around. You would be so proud of me and I would tell you how much I love you every single day. I'm sorry you are gone and I'm sorry you didn't have an easier life.

To ________

eh thanks for being my friend when i really needed one. ive always been liked, popular but was kinda lonely...i dont want to disregard the friendships i had in the past because they made me who i am and ill remember those people i was friends with fondly for the rest of my life and will always call them my friends and who knows they might come back into my life in the future but you came around when i was in most need of friends, when i sat in my room crying to my mum that i had no friends(how could i get to this sitation, a shy but popular outgoing kid with no friends :S) ...for that i can never ever forget you. things happen in life, one minute your friends, the next your not, people drift away but no matter what happens whether we stop being friends in 5 years or stay friends for next 50 years ill never forget u becoz without u i wudnt been able to survive much longer as desperate as that sounds.

now i save this speach for each of u individually(less depressing tone ha) for ur weddings in 15-25 years time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear big sis,

I'm sorry for everything that has happened to you. I'm so sorry that you don't get to have the life, the freedom and the opportunities that both L and I get to enjoy, but most of all I am sorry that I don't know how to accept you as you are.

I keep seeing the bright-eyed, sensitive, kind-hearted twelve year old that you used to be, who comforted me when I was down, who let me raid her wardrobe and who stuck up for me when no-one else would.

But when I'm not seeing that, I just see the disease. I see the confusion, the torment, the pain, the weight gain and the lost look in your eyes and I wish for the love of God you would just cop yourself on, give it up and give yourself a life, give our parents their happiness back and erase the ten years of pain we've all suffered at the expense of your illness.

I'm sorry that after all this time and all this growing up that I've done, I still have the mentality of a five year old who fails to see that this isn't your fault, that it could have been any one of us and that sometimes, life is just inexplicably unfair and there's nothing you can do about it. You don't deserve this and I wish I could fix it all, but deep down I feel like I may have given up on you. I ****ing hate myself for this.

Life goes on though, hey. I saw how attached you got to that cat, how polite and respectful you are in other people's company and how hard you work every year to make sure there's lots of surprises under the Christmas tree, and I know that you're still there...you're just a different 'you' now. Maybe the doctors let you down. Or maybe you were just too sensitive, maybe you just got landed with everyone else's pain.

I think of you often while I'm over here and I think about how much you are missing out on, how limited life is for you. It saddens me but also, in a strange way, it spurs me on, because it makes me realize all that I have, all that I shouldn't take for granted. Maybe that's what this whole thing has been about.

I've never told you, but I really do love you, and that's why it's been so hard to accept. But I promise I'll continue to try

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

dear XXX
    if you f--k with my bro again, you'll have me to answer to.
    yours,
    DGK

LOL!

dear _____
    please get rid of her. you do not need her. she is bad for you. you are too good for her. don't give her the opportunity to hurt you again. once a cheater always a cheater you said...
    love,
    me

dear jeep/bmw/vag owners
    you do not own the road. your not better than me because i am in a little hatch back. stop tailgating and bullying.
    yours,
    DGK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Dear Such'n'Such

Please stop being a rude bitch to me and my best friend and all of Irish people in general. Stop saying you are posh but at the same time on the dole for the past 5 months. Please stop applying for jobs, getting the jobs and then not taking the jobs when they are offered to you because its not your dream job, we are in a recession you twit, take what you can! Please go out once in a while in the evening or at the weekends instead of staying in all the time watching the E! channel and saying drinking is disgusting and all people are d!ckheads. Please stop making me feel guilty for wanting to put on the heat in our cold house as it is -9 degrees outside at the moment. The bill will be big so maybe you should take one of those jobs you keep getting offered!
    Please figure out that I am in work all day while you are at home all day, when i come home I want to make my dinner, do not wait for me to come home then start making your dinner at 8pm around me in our small kitchen! Please stop treating your cat, which you were only ment to be minding for a little while but now own, like a child! You leave the food out for the cat, you do not pick the cat up, carry cat over to food, place cat at food and make it eat! Please stop bring your cat up to your bedroom and leaving your bedroom door open at night so cat can go down stairs. Leave the cat down stairs and close your door, I'd like to have a wnak without you hearing me please!

I fully regreat moving in with you and now i have to wait 8 months before I can leave you you silly ****!

With love
    RLG.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭x3wiggles

Dear P,
    Cop on and stop being hot and cold. We ignore each other and yet we're both pathetic enough to look back and see if the other one saw. Red faces, stuttering, stumbled words. We both know what we're doing to each other.
    Let me get on with my life. You had your chance. I'm better than this. I'm above this torment from you. Let me move on... And let me go.
    Love,
    W.
    p.s, control your best mate.

Dear L,
    You are the definition of "Wow, I effed up". You've lost your husband, your kids...and now you want forgiveness? Get a grip. You're in your 50s. You need to grow up and sort out your life. Get your kids back to your side at least. This is when you aren't corrupting LH. Let us believe you this time when you say you're clean. And don't play your kids off one another. You've destroyed so much in 20 years. It's time for rehab.
    Even though I say I don't love you, I always will. Just sort yourself out. No one can do it for you. I miss you.
    Love,
    W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 shadowdawn

Dear me,
    Stop letting things slip away from you. You're your own worst enemy and are messing things up all by yourself!Stop with the excuses and the procrastination and being a lazy idiot. If you want success work for it stop expecting it to just come to you!Be thankful for all you do have and stop resenting what you don't. You are young so have fun now and stop thinking about having fun in the future. Stop trying to impress other people,be you and impress you.
    Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Dear Lil sis

I hate that crowd you hang around with, i wish you'd move back home. I hate the fact we're not close, it drives me crazy sometimes. I wish i was a big enough person to say to you to live with me but i can't watch you go down this road. I know you might have cystic fibrosis but it's no need to act out. I love you and i want you to go back to school..

Love Big sis

Dear me,

Stop being a big baby about things. Life can only be changed by you. You have a wonderful man and a nice home. Get your masters and stop whinning about the workload. Love yourself a little bit more and make time for yourself.

Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

shadowdawn wrote: »
    Dear me,
    Stop letting things slip away from you. You're your own worst enemy and are messing things up all by yourself!Stop with the excuses and the procrastination and being a lazy idiot. If you want success work for it stop expecting it to just come to you!Be thankful for all you do have and stop resenting what you don't. You are young so have fun now and stop thinking about having fun in the future. Stop trying to impress other people,be you and impress you.
    Me.

Funny how many times I say that to myself, but I never listen =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Dear 12yo self,
    You're about to start secondary school, please PLEASE work hard!
    Yours sincerely
    Michelle

Dear 14yo self,
    You silly girl, he was (and still is) wonderful, what were you thinking let that go! Also, stop washing your hair so much, it's getting thinner by the minute! You'll regret it later. And stop picking at your skin, you'll end up scarred
    Also, when you are 15 please don't start smoking.
    Yours truly
    Michelle

Dear 16yo self,
    What did I tell you about smoking! I warned you. I see you didn't listen to me when I said about working hard either!
    Yours in impatience
    Michelle

Dear 18yo self,
    I hope you're friggin' happy you didn't do a tap and now are where you are. Also, knock the fags on the head, they're getting dearer you know and you're mammy doesn't appreciate that you've kicked years of medical expenditure for your asthma in the teeth.
    Yours in annoyance,
    Michelle

Dear present self,
    Wow, I never thought I'd see you hear. Look at you, working towards definite goals with a plan in place to achieve them. I'm proud. I'm also proud that you've slowed down considerably in the car and are beginning to lose weight. Your friends are really nice people, definite keepers! I know things look crap right now but remember what Nanny always says, what's for you won't pass you, so chin up.
    Talk soon
    Michelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Dear snow,

f@*k off

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

dear _________
    stop being a sponge. you just sit around being lazy all the time and won't even try to get your papers or get a job. i wish you would contribute to the running costs of this place. it's not fair on the rest of us that live here and pay your share. and please stop robbing our stuff. btw, i hate those junkers. it's looking like a halting site....

yours,
    DGK

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭margarite

shadowdawn wrote: »
    Dear me,
    Me.
    All of the above is excellent advice, but to do it all at once is only putting pressure on yourself, this is not a good idea, write down everything you have to do and put them in order of importance, as you achieve them one by one take pleasure from that achievement and feel the load becoming less heavy, it is only then you will be at peace and be able to work to your best. I know all of what you are saying happened to me I become less effective, pressurised, and did not know where to start, until someone suggested what I m suggesting to you.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Dear N...
    Im so sorry for hurting you. Im not the person you wanted, well, not at the time anyway. Who knows what the future holds but you need to sort your own emotions out first before you do yourself more damage. The world won't end if you go over 6 months without having a gf.. try it... fix yourself. I can't fix you any more. But i will help keep you mended when ever you ask...

Dear N...
    Its been 5 years, it doesnt get any easier, maybe it gets a bit harder. I wish i listened to everything you told me. I wish i paid more attention to you. I wish i had you for longer. I miss you every single day. You're my favourite.

Dear Travelling,
    Thank you. For everything.
    Love, SM xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Dear my 17 year old self,

Life really does get better. Those who bullied you were the small and petty ones. You just have to find the likeminded folk a little later on. Oh and ease up on the procastination and self loathing, bitterness won't get you past the hurdles ahead. Now go and do your homework.

Me x

Dear A,

If you have such a problem hearing me tell you about the girls I'm seeing, don't tell me about the guys you're seeing.

From D.

Dear you

Fancy a drink?

me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dear Mum,

Daddy rang me to tell me you went into hospital last night. I wish Christmas time was a good time of the year for you, but the cold and darkness always get to you. :(

Take the time to rest and not stress for a while. Try and eat a little bit more, you're loosing a lot of weight. Even though we don't always get along I cried when he told me the news, I do every year when you have to go in to get better. I just wish the doctors could make you better.

Think positive mammy,

love
    SD x

ghghghgh wrote: »
    Dear you

Fancy a drink?

me

Just ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear O
    I don't miss you anymore in fact I'm blossoming without you, I thought I needed you to make me feel good about myself but I needed to get away from you and your controlling ways.

No Love,
    R

When I said sorry to you it seemed so meaningless, it just wasn't enough. I hate whats happening at the minute. Every single thing I do at the minute just reminds me of you, even the most day to day things. I don't know how many times I've wanted to send you a text or picture about stupid stuff but I know I can't.
    I know how much I've lost, but most of all I miss my friend. Not having you to talk to is killing me.
    I know now why people say sometimes it's better to be just friends, if we'd have stayed "friends" then we wouldn't be going through this and I'd still have someone to laugh with and talk rubbish, like only we could.
    I miss you so much and I can't stop thinking about you.

Sometimes I hate you.

And I hate myself for it.

I just want you to love me.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dad,

I would give anything to have that quiet pint with you in the local like we used to. I took it for granted, I thought you would be my rock forever.

There is not a single day that goes by that I dont miss you. Every time I have a pint there, my first sip is for you. Sláinte.
    XXX

Advertisement