Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

Dear, Past "Friends"!

Not so much of a walkover now am I???
    I'm glad I realised that I'm way too nice for people that don't deserve it.
    Hope you've got the message loud and clear.

:p C.

Dear K,

You nearly had me. Then you changed and showed your true colours. Why spread all those lies about me and start practically forcing yourself on me and blame it down to alcohol! Pretend to be "yourself" around me then go bitch about me behind my back and feed gossip to the others?? The most annoying thing is your a guy and that kind of attitude is not the least bit attractive.

C.

PS. I preferred when you were overweight That whole Jersey Shore thing you have going on is "lame". Your an adult now - grow up!

Dear J.

How dare you make me feel so f**kin bad about enjoying myself for one night and especially when it was my 21st. How manipulative of you! You know how much I have worked the past 6 months and all the things I have had to deal with. The first night I enjoyed myself for a very very long time and you had to undo it the next day - by making me feel like absolute crap with guilt, and for what reason? something so petty - its actually funny how petty it is and childish - you must of sat up all night to think of something you could make me feel bad about. Of all people - You really surprised me.

Thank god I'm away from you and your pettiness - I'm not going to live by your rules and sinister evil behaviour any more, and I'm loving it!

Who have you got now?

Good luck with it,
    C.

Dear N.

I thought you were a friend that I could tell and you would understand - DEPRESSION. Its not an excuse for me to be cold, not tell you anything and seem bitchy. Thanks for your "support".

Your loss, when you grow up and realise - and stop playing victim.

C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Dear A,

I can't wait to live with you! Only 5 weeks and counting... :D

Love, P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

(Ok first of Im a guy who doesn't often post in here because Im a guy and nothing really relates to me.. how ever at this point in time i need to say this. )

I never premeditated what I said, I needed to say it. I don't expect anything to come of it how ever saying it has let it almost given me exceptance to how I feel. I never expected you to said I never felt so warm then at that moment.

I want to contact you I really do, how ever my gut instinct say no... You know me well enough to know I follow that over what any one else will says including my brain..

I just needed to say this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I didn't realise it was possible to miss a person this much. I don't know what I'm going to do when you leave. Not knowing when I'll next see you is hard enough but by then it will be a case of not knowing if I'll see you again, and that's an entirely different thing.

I want so many things from you. I want the whole world, and everything in it, and more. And don’t you see that I would give it all back to you, and more, with all of my heart? I want everything from you but, distilled, it is clear that everything is not all that much to ask. I want you to hold me, your arms wrapped tightly around my waist, your head pressed down gently on my hair, your hands stroking my back and your mouth whispering and humming into my ear. I want to feel as safe, as real, as loved as in that moment.

You don’t have to do a lot to give me everything I want. It’s pretty much just you being you, and being you with me.

It's selfish and I'm trying to let go of that. Listening to my ipod on shuffle and Wonderwall by Oasis comes on, the startling truth in the lyrics shook me to the core. "There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how"...well, I'm getting better at that one, that's for sure. "I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now"...I don't. I can't. It's terrifying. Terrifying that it's possible to feel this way about somebody. I know that nobody else can feel like this about you. Sounds crazy, but it's true. And the closer we get the harder it's going to be when you go, the more I'm opening myself up to pain. But it's like you said, we were both born naked. Nothing to lose, nothing at all to lose and everything is an opportunity for gain, an unexpected bonus. God, I love your brain. And how you think about things and articulate them, how we're on the same wavelength. The spark in your eyes when you're thinking something over, the flashes of brilliance and how you're also letting your wall down a bit and letting me in to see that more and more. I would give anything to be with you. Anything at all.

And I keep telling myself maybe some day and then reminding myself that we could lose touch and never see each other again. Trying to get a balance between hope and realism is so hard. I don't want to set myself up to fail, yet again, especially because in this context if I fail then you won't be around to help me pick up the pieces. And still I hope against hope that this will all work out, maybe not now, maybe not even soon but someday. Someday. I hope that's enough.

-K. x

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Hey you,

What???? :confused: :eek:

Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Unless something changes: 6 months, tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear you
    Please let me help you. You can talk to me, I know exactly what you're going through.
    I don't want you to be alone, it didn't work for me and it won't work for you.
    Me xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear Legs,

You rock. I've never even really thought about you.

I never realised how lucky I am to have you in full working order until I found you carrying me towards the finish line last week. And when I passed mile 19 nearly doubled over with a stitch in my side, a monster-blister growing on my foot and you feeling like you were filling up with lead with every stride. I thought you'd fail me. Or maybe I thought I'd fail you. You didn't. I didn't.

You reminded me something about myself last week. You reminded me that you are there, offering me the opportunity of just putting one leg in front of the other and making a run for it, on the race track and in so many other ways. You reminded me of L, almost wheelchair bound full-time now, who would kill for the glory of a few painful blisters and some sore calves. And yet the smile on her face never disappears.

And most of all, you reminded me that I can. When the going gets rough, nausea hits, pain overwhelms, my body is telling me to quit and the finish line seems like a distant dream... that's when I really, really can.

You're awesome. Thank you.

Beks

P.S Lady with the 'your feet hurt because you're kicking so much ass!' banner. What a difference a silly sign can make. You legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear you,

Stop flirting with me. Stop it. If you're not going to act on it, just stop, cos you're confusing the hell out of me.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Dear me,

You can do it, stop putting yourself down :( You're affecting everyone with your negativity, get out of bed at a reasonable hour and do something! Because even I'm sick of hearing your ****. The only person to blame for all this is you. But it's reversible, if you act now. You'll always have the support there, so stop worrying!

Love,
    Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Dear Anxiety,

I've won. You don't control me anymore.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

P,
    Goodbye. This time it's for good. I'm glad I met you and glad I loved you. I wish you all the best in your future.
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Kablamo! wrote: »
    My Dearest Daddy,
    You always told me I didn't appreciate you enough- then start humming "You'll never miss your mother 'til she's buried beneath the clay".
    You were absolutely spot on. I just never imagined that you would leave us so soon, or that there would be such a void left in my life.
    The past year or so of our relationship we fought like cat and dog. With the benefit of hindsight I know now why: I am you. I have your temper, you mannerisms, but most of all your stubborn nature. This horrifies and amuses me in equal measure :).
    If I could turn back the clock, well...
    When you dropped me to secondary school and asked for a kiss at the gates? I wouldn't worry about looking 'cool'. When you told me stories about your childhood, instead of turning up the volume on the radio, I would have given you my full attention. Instead of getting frustrated by your pushing me to go to college, get a job, whatever, I would have realised that you never wanted to pressurize me... You were just so proud of me you thought the world needed to know what I can do.
    My last words to you would change- I told you to "F off and die", and funnily enough, you had a heart attack a few hours later. The first time you ever did what I told you to. Knowing what I do now, I'd tell you that you were great, you were the best, and I was so lucky and blessed to have you for my father.
    Love, eternally,
    Your Little Girl x

Wow. I just shed some tears.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

As per the moderator warning in post one, please do not comment on posts that have gone ahead.

Maple
    Wow. I just shed some tears.

Dear me,

Don’t let depression get the better of you. Things are really hard right now and you don’t know what to do. You’re family and friends don’t want to know about it and your doctor was horrible but there are other people willing to listen. Don’t let depression blind you from that fact. It has taken enough from you already. You’re stuck between wanting to reach out and get help again and also keeping everything to yourself because in your depression addled mind you think you don’t deserve it. Trying to get help before and being ignored only contributed to that feeling and now you are deeper in that black hole than you were before. There is so much going on in that head of yours. You can barely manage as things are at the moment but on top of that you have to deal with other peoples ignorance. No matter how much you hate yourself you know if someone said all of this to you that you would tell them that they don’t deserve it and try to help them so why doesn’t this apply to you? Please, just do something about it before you do something about it. Even though it doesn’t feel like it right now you do have a future. Try to get help one more time. You really have nothing to lose.

Just let me push you away ok? Because you're going to go anyway, it's just a matter of when. I need you far more than you need me. You're way more important to me than I am to you. I care more about you than you do about me. I prioritise you and make time for you unquestioningly. I hate letting people get close to me because it makes me feel vunerable, needy and weak. I don't want to be clingy, I want more than anything to be independent and to only rely on myself. Don't insist on tearing down all my walls to see my emotions then be surprised when you see the emotional wreck behind. I tried to warn you. You can say you care or I can trust you but I can't bear to be let down... little things crush me. Without my armour I'm touchy, overly sensitive, confused, unsure of myself. You need to prove that you'll be there, unconditionally. But I will never believe you anyways. I won't let myself. You don't need this level of craziness. So let me sabotage this on my own terms before you leave of your own accord or before I get crushed by the weight of my insecurities. I can't get closer to you, it will just hurt me more in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear so called friend

Bitta bad form you sorting a house out without me downstairs in a house where I can bloody well hear ye!! Cop on and get off your high horse! Your a hypocrite and so two faced it's not even funny. I hope your boyfriend finds out what a lying cheating slut you are :)

As for us being friends? P*ss the f*ck off.

A

S,
    I love you more than you will ever know despite how much I tell you.
    I can't wait to be your fiancee and then your wife.
    You're my whole life and I don't know what I'd do without you.
    You make me laugh til my face and ribs hurt. You make me smile til my cheeks ache.
    You give me butterflies.
    You're my bestest friend in the whole world!
    Every second we spend together is just bliss :D
    Love you forever,
    Your pre-fiancee
    xxxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Dear rebel

miss you everyday my little furry friend. wish i could take you up to bed and cuddle like we use to.

tatabubbly aka mammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

please me okay tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

Dear you

I’m fighting you off, but I don’t know how much longer I can keep you at bay. It’s been 24 hours now, I’ve had a rest from you for a whole day…but I can feel you creeping back up on me, threatening to attack my tomorrow. I live for these little moments in time now, these brief moments of hope, this brief break away from the panic and despair that constantly engulfs me from day to night. I want to care; I want to WANT to be here. I want to feel like something matters, anything…anything at all. I want to feel like I matter.; like there’s some kind of point to all of this.

I’m struggling now, I can’t hold you off. But even if I lose myself tonight and even if it takes another week to get back to this place again, I know I can do it – I’m going to keep reminding myself that I got here before and I can get here again.

I CAN do this. I know in a few hours I won’t believe that at all, I know I’ll have no hope left whatsoever…I can feel it fading fast. But then, I’ll read this and I will MAKE myself accept that I am more than nothing. I am SOMETHING. I MATTER. And I am a hell of a lot more than this.

I’m going to go easy on myself. I’m going to forgive myself and let myself be sad. I’m not going to beat myself up about it, I’m not going to judge myself for it, I’m going to let myself be. I don’t deserve this, I didn’t make this happen – it just did. It’s not my fault. God, I don’t even know why I’m writing that when I don’t believe it, but I think if I keep writing and saying it again and again then maybe someday I will.

Fake it til you make it..that’s what they say isn’t it?

‘This isn’t everything you are’.

R

I don't hate you. I feel sorry for you. When you tell me all sad eyes that you're a mess, all I can do is agree. I would love to intervene and tell her not to waste a decent relationship over you, and tell you how how pathetic it is how you behave around her when you're drunk, but I am not getting involved with you in any way again. This all proves to me everything you said before was lies. And now as well you're getting with everything that moves and trying to kiss me as well. You make me feel so uncomfortable. I don't regret our past, but I hope for your sake you regret what you've become.

J

You're so nice. That's probably the problem. I'm used to being treated badly and maybe I'm slightly attracted to it. We all have our vices. I don't want to hurt you but I probably will.

Me,

When did you end up like this? It's like everything's exploding around you and you're picking up the pieces. I think you're getting better again maybe. You're free. Don't be upset.

Hi,

I done this before but it was important question and i needed answer so i'm not doing it again as i felt crap after and you didnt help either.

Why are you ignoring me? I won't say your like the rest but it feels the same.
    It seems to be a serious case of out of sight out of mind.

you're not only one but you contact me when your home to meet up and we do be fine but once your away , its like i dont exist to you and i have snet msgs and other random stuff.
    you knew this was most important thing to me in a long time and yes , i probably wouldnt be here still going only for you and i love you to bits. but a simple best of luck or how'd it go? in text would have done.
    nothing at all! thats what hurts and i wouldt mind but i did email you about something else and mentioned.
    a one line reply would do.
    all the other stuff i be on about , grand ignore that but not this.
    well its too late anyway now, i've started so the Good luck stage is over.
    oh and it was fine.

again, its just you, and then it was just him.
    But i'm not going to actually say it to you because i overreacted before. and felt a fool.

you're not anything like him. i know that.

i will hear from you i know i will, when you're home or sometime mid week when i'm busy Or when its all over .
    but being completly honest now, It hurt .
    Love you anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You,

I'm glad you're out of my life, it's like a giant weight lifted from my shoulders. You've been nothing but poison since the moment I met you and I am actually smiling now that you're gone.

Never thought I'd say that. I'm smiling.

Fuck you,

Bob.

Daddy,

We've been through a lot together, haven't we.

I'll never forget the day I found out about your illness. It was the summer after my Leaving Cert. I'd just gotten my results - far better than you, Mammy, or anyone else (most of all myself) had expected, far better than I deserved too - and you were so proud. :) It was before college, before I had ever fallen in love, before I realised how complicated life could be. I remember it as being the least stressful, most carefree few months of my life.

And then I saw you downing a cocktail of pills one morning. I asked you about it, and she told me to ask your mother, who told me the name of your condition, and said you'd be on medication for life for it, but that I shouldn't worry about it.

This was fine, I didn't think too much of it, until I happened to be in the library later that day and decided to look it up in a medical encyclopedia. This was when I realised that you had terminal cancer, and I honestly see that moment as the instance when my innocence was shattered, and I realised that my big strong father wasn't actually invincible. You hear of bad things happening to other people ... well, illness and death hadn't touched my family yet, and although it seemed possible in theory, I just never really could get my head around it ... until it actually happened.

Everything has changed so much. I won't go through the details of that long, strange day. But, when I got home, you popped your head into my bedroom. I said, "Daddy, I know that it's cancer." Your face ... I think you'd been in denial yourself until I asked, although at that stage it was a few months since your diagnosis. I asked what the doctors were saying, and you told me. 2-5 years. Five years was the max, and you'd be gone then.

Your daughter, my little sister, was only two. I remember getting so angry at you, asking you why you'd gone and had her at your age, if you were only going to go away and leave her without a father, that it wasn't fair, etc. I was just in shock, looking for someone to get angry at ... and I guess you were the obvious target! I'm sorry.

Anyways I grew up, and I did it fast. I dealt with it. I am proud to say that I have supported you, that I was at your bedside at the worst of times, when my mother and siblings couldn't do it. I was there that day in hospital, when you had been in the worst agony for days on end, and you begged me to help you end it all ... I told you to man the f*ck up and get over it, and then somehow the two of us thought that this was the funniest thing in the world, and we laughed and laughed through the pain and tears. :o

And you did it. You suffered through all the treatments and operations, which have caused you so much more pain than the cancer ever has. You did it for me, and for us, for your family. And it'll be nine years next month since you were first diagnosed ... you have surpassed all the doctors' expectations.

Years ago, I came to terms with the fact that you are dying. I've never said it to you, but I am OK with it. Well, someone has to be, because someone is going to have to hold things together once you're gone. But it'll be OK. I know Mammy is going to fall to pieces - you're her life, much as she gives out to you! But we'll all support her, and she has her friends and family, and her faith. As you know, I'm not at all religious - but I am happy that she has such strong faith, as it will help her a lot, when the time comes.

Anyways I want to thank you for what you said when I came to visit last weekend. I was going to the shop, you insisted on coming for the walk. We'd a chat about the medical side of things ... I know you were holding back, you didn't tell me everything. I think that the consultant must have told you that the end is coming soon. You didn't say it in those words. But what you did say is, that you're OK with it now. You're not afraid of dying. You got much longer out of it than anyone could have hoped for, but you're ready to go now, when it happens.

It meant so much to me, you saying that. There have been times when I've almost wished it would just happen - that your pain would end - and I've felt so guilty. I know now that, when the time comes, you will have been at peace with it, and ready for it. Thank you for this.

We have never held back with the "dying" jokes - sure you can't avoid the subject, considering the hours and days and weeks we spent in hospital together, you in bed, me minding you, such a strange reversal of roles. The medical staff and other patients used to be horrified at the stupid jokes we'd come out with, about "when" the time came. But we never really accepted it before, we never really discussed it seriously. We needed that chat last weekend.

The illness has changed you, but strangely, in a good way. You're much "softer" and happier than that distant strict parent I knew as a child. You're generous with the hugs, and rarely have a negative thing to say to any one of us. You have left us with so many happy memories, and you have had such a positive impact on all of our lives. You are such a brave strong man, and I respect and admire you more than you'll ever know. I think you have a fair idea though. :)

You don't need to worry about how we'll cope when the time comes. We'll be devastated, but we'll support each other, and we'll be OK. Your spirit will carry on in all of us for as long as we live, and that's what will give me comfort.

No matter how much of a brat I was at times, you always adored me. There is nothing that I could do that would ever make you love me less. You have shown me true unconditional love, and thinking about it, this is something that so many people have never or may never experience in their lives. I'm incredibly lucky to have had you with me and there for me all of this time. I'm convinced that any strength of character that I have, comes directly from you.

You're some man for one man! ;)

Thank you for everything.

I love you.

Always your girl. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Just a simple... I miss you :(
    I'd love nothing more than your arms wrapped around me

But its clearly time for me to move on, you have your mind made up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

dear exams

just fúck off already......you're wrecking my head

sincerely

PF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Dad,
    I miss you. I love you very much. You mean the world to me and I´m so proud of you. Don´t worry. Be happy. I love you.
    Lee

Sean,
    It's been less than 24 hours but I *love* being your fiancee :):)
    Love you forever
    Sarah
    xxxxxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

Advertisement