Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

M,

I miss you - I got you the thing I promised to pick up when we spoke last. If I'd known I'd never be able to speak to you again I'd have said something painfully cheesey that would've made you roll your eyes and we'd have laughed at how sad I am.

My heart breaks that you're gone. It doesn't feel real. I didn't know how your family can even breathe, this was all so sudden and unexpected. I'm sorry I missed your funeral - I couldn't make it back, but I was, and will be, think of you very much.

You're putting so many things in context for me - typical you, always no fuss or bother, just straight to the point, succint, no bs.

Sleep well,

Blush xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Dear me

Finally picked up the courage today to confront a "so called friend" about something. They havent been a good friend to you, using you only when they want to gossip or want to feel better about themselves. The reason it hurts so badly is because they used to be your best friend. but they are a liar and that part hurts the most. The saddest part is, confronting them today has solidly confirmed the friendship is over. But you knew that a long time ago, you just couldnt accept it.

they havent replied yet, but even when they do, if they do. More lies, Id imagine. So sick and tired of feeling down and feel even worse now. But have to pick yourself up now and move on. You're still really young, not a bad person and theres plenty of oppertunity to get where you want. Just going to be a little bit lonely for a while. Such a waste of years. So sad right now. :( But hopefully it will get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Dear Mir,

So this is what heartbreak feels like. The crushing realisation kind of came today fully: that you were gone and most certainly not coming back. I can hardly breathe thinking about it and you and how you were taken from us so quickly, I guess I just never really considered it as a real eventuality. Despite not seeing you before you went or speaking to you, I still feel a palpable loneliness that I never felt before, like a protective layer has been removed and it's awful.

I'm so grateful for having known you and for having you as my friend these last five years but it's cold comfort knowing that there are no more times together, happy, sad or otherwise.

I miss and love you with all my heart.

Michelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dear J,

Happy 13th birthday little lad. Miss you so much. RIP

Much love kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

You,

Just go for it and kiss me already. I'm not going to back away.

L x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

my best friend is back <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Selfish bull****, its my playground & you can't play there. Sure ill just give up my interest in it altogether. You've fcked me over now I can't even play in the same area.

It's always about you though :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FourFacedLiar

Dear He who shall not be named,

I don't know whether to thank you or punch you out cold for making me what I am today. Ok. So I have a good job, a nice house and a good partner in life. My family are all doing well, so really I have nothing to complain about. Except.....you took my safety.

You betrayed the trust of a young child who only did what she was told to do by an adult. You made my mom cry. I'm not talking about having a tearful session. I'm talking about that look in my mother's eyes every time she saw me, which reminded her of what you did to me. I'm talking about that type of crying down deep in her soul that she should have protected me. That she should have known something was going on. That it was all her fault. You made her think she was a bad mother. She wasn't a bad mother. She just had a monster for a brother. I don't blame my mom. I blame you for putting her through that.

So what am I complaining about ? I'm the "Big Secret" in the family. I'm the one everyone watches to see my reaction every time your name has been mentioned. For years I felt numb. I was 25 years old before I realized that I couldn't laugh. That's right. I couldn't laugh. Oh I could smile and pretend and try to be normal and make all the right noises but I could't "feel" anything from the neck down. It's like I was an emotional paraplegic. I still am to some degree. I was always very shy. Is that why you chose me? You thought I would be so shy that I wouldn't tell anyone?

But emotionally I'm stuck. I can't enjoy sex because most times when my partner hugs me, my whole body is screaming "don't touch me!" I remember when I was about 10-11 years old, we had this talk in school about "good touching" and "bad touching". We were given a blank outline of the human body and were told to colour in all those areas of the body we didn't mind being touched. I remember sitting in front of that blank body and screwing up my eyes trying to find somewhere I didn't mind being touched. I eventually coloured in the tips of my elbows. If somebody brushed past me walking on by, I didn't mind if they touched off the tips of my elbows. That was the only place I felt comfortable.

My partner is a good, kind, understanding man. One time when I got really upset on the telephone, he came over to my house handed me a chocolate and patted his shoulder saying "There's the chocolate and here's the shoulder to cry on." So don't fret. There are still some good men out there.

I don't have many friends. I really only have two good friends from way back. They know everything. Everybody else is a good acquaintance or a work buddy. But you also gave me the drive to push on. I was always running. Not stopping to look around because you were always behind me. No matter how far I ran you were always just one step behind me.

But I've stopped running now. I'm an adult now, I've taken the power back from you. I appreciate music, flowers, family etc and I have seen some wonderful things. I'm not all about my past. You were just a building block. Something I stepped on to reach where I am now. I've put you back into your box where you belong. I know if I meet you face to face today that you wouldn't even know who I was. Not worth the hassle of punching out.

So I'm good. I'm stronger than I think I can be. Sometimes when the curtain is pulled back, the monster really is just a sad pathetic old man. So girls. If this is also your story. Don't be afraid. Don't let them hold you back. Just use them as a building block for you life. Stand on them and reach for the stars!

Love D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FourFacedLiar

Dear He who shall not be named,

I don't know whether to thank you or punch you out cold for making me what I am today. Ok. So I have a good job, a nice house and a good partner in life. My family are all doing well, so really I have nothing to complain about. Except.....you took my safety.

You betrayed the trust of a young child who only did what she was told to do by an adult. You made my mom cry. I'm not talking about having a tearful session. I'm talking about that look in my mother's eyes every time she saw me, which reminded her of what you did to me. I'm talking about that type of crying down deep in her soul that she should have protected me. That she should have known something was going on. That it was all her fault. You made her think she was a bad mother. She wasn't a bad mother. She just had a monster for a brother. I don't blame my mom. I blame you for putting her through that.

So what am I complaining about ? I'm the "Big Secret" in the family. I'm the one everyone watches to see my reaction every time your name has been mentioned. For years I felt numb. I was 25 years old before I realized that I couldn't laugh. That's right. I couldn't laugh. Oh I could smile and pretend and try to be normal and make all the right noises but I could't "feel" anything from the neck down. It's like I was an emotional paraplegic. I still am to some degree. I was always very shy. Is that why you chose me? You thought I would be so shy that I wouldn't tell anyone?

But emotionally I'm stuck. I can't enjoy sex because most times when my partner hugs me, my whole body is screaming "don't touch me!" I remember when I was about 10-11 years old, we had this talk in school about "good touching" and "bad touching". We were given a blank outline of the human body and were told to colour in all those areas of the body we didn't mind being touched. I remember sitting in front of that blank body and screwing up my eyes trying to find somewhere I didn't mind being touched. I eventually coloured in the tips of my elbows. If somebody brushed past me walking on by, I didn't mind if they touched off the tips of my elbows. That was the only place I felt comfortable.

My partner is a good, kind, understanding man. One time when I got really upset on the telephone, he came over to my house handed me a chocolate and patted his shoulder saying "There's the chocolate and here's the shoulder to cry on." So don't fret. There are still some good men out there.

I don't have many friends. I really only have two good friends from way back. They know everything. Everybody else is a good acquaintance or a work buddy. But you also gave me the drive to push on. I was always running. Not stopping to look around because you were always behind me. No matter how far I ran you were always just one step behind me.

But I've stopped running now. I'm an adult now, I've taken the power back from you. I appreciate music, flowers, family etc and I have seen some wonderful things. I'm not all about my past. You were just a building block. Something I stepped on to reach where I am now. I've put you back into your box where you belong. I know if I meet you face to face today that you wouldn't even know who I was. Not worth the hassle of punching out.

So I'm good. I'm stronger than I think I can be. Sometimes when the curtain is pulled back, the monster really is just a sad pathetic old man. So girls. If this is also your story. Don't be afraid. Don't let them hold you back. Just use them as a building block for you life. Stand on them and reach for the stars!

Love D.

I care about you so much, I just want you to be happy and I want us to have a chance at being happy. I'll be here for as long as you want me here, no matter what the situation we're in. I'm not giving up easy this time around and I really hope you don't either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Oh man you make me so angry at times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

one tiny step closer yet a bloody well long, hopefully RIGHT way to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Dear Me,

You don't need other people to believe in you.

I believe in you.

Love,

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear Beks,

You could be thinner, you could be prettier, you could be richer, more popular, more successful and you could be happier. But life is good. And so very, very fleeting.

So remember that, every single day. And cut yourself a break. You're very lucky.

Love,

Your better half.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I miss chatting about everyday life. It has been so long but I still miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

It's been a month since I told you exactly how I feel about our relationship. I asked you to just listen to me, take some time to think about what you want and then we can have a talk about it all properly.

That was a month ago. You have made no attempt to talk things out with me and have just gone back to how it was before. I can't keep nagging at you to speak to me in a serious sense. I'm sick of feeling like I have to force you to want to consider a future with me. All I wanted was some honesty about where we're going. I think I deserve that much after 7 years together.

I guess your refusal to talk about it is my answer.

Dear Boy A

I can't believe I fell for it. I actually thought you were different to all the others, I'm so angry with myself for getting it so wrong. Even the so called "nice guys" are only after one thing. What has happened to the world? When did everyone get so selfish and cold?
    If that's really what the world has become then I'd rather be single thanks:(

Me

Dear Boy B
    what are you playing at? I don't have the strength to play games anymore. I'd rather you just left me alone please if that's all you can offer.
    Me

Dear Boy C
    I almost kissed you that night. I stood there while you spoke to me and all I wanted to do was take your pain away. I was so close, just about to do it, and then you said those words and I knew it would've been a terrible mistake. I don't know if you like me or if it's just me seeing things that aren't there. I've been messed about by men so much I don't know what's what any more. So I'll leave you alone. It's probably best that way, no one gets hurt. I do like you though. A lot. I just can't risk the rejection. I'm sorry.
    Me x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Dear O,

One of these days I am going to snap and tell you what I think of how you treat your son. One day you are telling him how proud you are of him, the next you are yelling at him for no good reason. The latter is far more common.

Cop the fukc on, and cut him some slack. He's the one putting food in your fridge. Have you even thanked him for that? He's doing really well in college, have you acknowledged it? I'd doubt it.

You need to start appreciating him more, besides finding minor insignificant faults in everything he does. He is amazing, but by christ, it's certainly no thanks to you.

Dear mom,

You're awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

I just want you to know that i love you, I always have, I always will... Any woman would be lucky ta have you in their life.... Even though you've come from the most dysfunctional family (not all of them are, I know) and have had to take on sh**t thet isn't yours you just took it all in your stride and turned out, despite the odds to be the best man I know....
    I have made mistakes and you delt with every one, forgiven me I think, and made every day worth living... I love you, my gorgeous 19 year old baby boy... I hope you know and feel it every day... Mom x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear A-bag,

We always have these conversations about romantic love. Our need for it, our pain in its absence, our insecurities at the hands of our inadequate love lives. We never talk about friendship.

The truth is that your friendship has changed my life.

I love you. Somehow that seems like the only thing to say.

There's so much to say. Like how you make me smile and make me laugh so much that my sides hurt. Like how I can talk to you about things that no-one else gets to hear. Like you're the linchpin that connects the rest of us to each other. Like my friendship with you makes me a stronger, happier person.

But you're leaving tomorrow and I'm devastated. I'm crying like you're dying, like I'll never see you again. I know I will.

But I'm crying for the pain that you're going through, despite being everyone's ray of sunshine. You're the smartest, funniest, most talented and brightest star in the sky and I'd do anything to take your pain away. I wish you could be happy and loved up and proud of yourself in the way that the rest of us are proud of you. I wish you could realise how much darker my days would be without your friendship.

You bring smiles when it's been a bad day. You bring laughter when there's nothing to laugh about. Your friendship has brightened up my life for as long as I've known you - eight years now - eight of the best years - eight of the memorable years that I'll be reliving for the rest of my life.

I wish I could hug you and kiss you enough to make you feel the love and acceptance you need. I feel like a bad friend for not being able to do that. I feel bad, despite knowing that it will never be enough.

You brighten my world every day that we meet. The deep conversations, the bone-aching laughter, the heart-to-hearts, the adventures, the familiarity of your face, your deep, comforting voice, your belly-laughter, your light and breezy demeanour, the way you infect everyone you encounter with delight and joy at being in your presence.

Why does such a light bring with it so much darkness? You are one in a million. You deserve the world. You deserve undying, unyielding love. You deserve success and happiness that no-one has ever known. I hope that being on a different continent to you doesn't diminish our friendship. Even thinking about not having easy access to you makes my soul hurt.

Life is weird, isn't it? How quickly it moves, how fast circumstances change, circles of friends come and go.

I like to pretend to be more independent and self-sufficient than I am. I like to pretend I don't need anyone. The truth is that I need you. I need people like you, who make me feel loved, and happy, and safe, and accepted, just for being me.

Have a safe flight tomorrow. Please don't forget me. Please keep me in your heart, keep confiding in me, keep me in your life. I love you to pieces. Your friendship has changed me.

Thanks for being you.

Beks xx

• Advertisement

This can never be fixed.

It can't be taken back.

I hate you.

Devastated doesn't even come close.

Dear N

I'm sorry that me being able to express my feelings made you uncomfortable.

I know you have trouble expressing yours. I know you had your problems in the past which made you like this.

You broke my heart. There was no need for us to finish.

Miss you and love you always.

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Distorted

Dear Ex. I don't want to be friends with you. You aren't nice enough to me to deserve being friends, and I'm fed up being used as your ego boost - just because I'm married now, it doesn't mean I'm some sort of "safe" woman you can use to make you look good when it suits you. Neither do I wish to be part of your growing harem of admiring platonic female "friends" - who wants to be one of many? Theres nothing in it for me. Unlike you, I have not joined an internet dating forum and a salsa dancing class, and I have not signed up to this sort of behaviour.

I do not expect my friends to ask me to do things with them and then cancel as soon as I say yes. I do not expect them to be secretive and ignore me for months at a time and then want to pick up where they left off. Neither do I expect them to be rude to my husband and avoid even acknowledging him.

And I realise that it is quite likely that I will get the chance to say this to you, when you manage to track me down by following my movements enough to ensure we are in the same place at the same time, as is your wont. So, in summary, I'm simply fed up with you. You used to fascinate me, now you bore me.

Dear M,

What you said to me last week was such a ****ty thing to do & to leave me hanging for a week & you getting thick cause I was pissed off with you over what you said! Then last night flying off the handle for absolutely nothing and not being able to see and admit that you were in the wrong. I know that tomorrow night your going to tell me she's pregnant - don't know how I'm going to cope with that but what can I do only move on and make a better life for ME and do what it is I want without considering you in every decison I make!

I just wish I didn't love you, wish I never got involved with you, what a waste of 7 years all I'm facing now is heartbreak.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I don't know why you all turned on me. I don't know what I did to deserve it, but most of all I don't know why it doesn't even bother me. I'm at a stage where I really could do with some friends because life isn't going great, and things are fairly tough at home, yet I don't have anyone to talk to about it.

I don't mind that though, I never was a very open person any way. I like to keep things to myself. But sometimes, I just wish I had someone I felt close enough to to actually trust with everything I want to say. Despite the fact most of my friends have deserted me, I still have one very close friend who trusts me with basically her life. The thing is, I just can't seem to bring myself to tell her my own issues. I've no idea why. She wouldn't tell any one, and she would be there for me if she knew it all.

I wish I could figure out why I'm such a closed off person, why I can't share anything, why I don't trust anyone, not even my own family. Everyone sees me as the happy-go-lucky person, the person you can always fall back on if you need a laugh or need to be cheered up, and sure I am that person. But there's also a side to me that takes everything to heart, that feels all the bullying and abuse that I suffered throughout my school years, and I'm beginning to wonder if some of my issues stem from it or not.

I don't have much confidence in myself (none, really.) and up until last year I was basically afraid to walk into a shop by myself, fearing that any one who saw me there would judge me. I still suffer from it, but leaving home for the first time and discovering new horizons brought me out of myself a bit. I wish I didn't have all these issues, but most of all I just wish I had someone to talk about them with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

Dear A,
    I would not be still contacting you if I didn't care and didn't want to see you. I wish you came into my life later, maybe then I wouldn't have acted stupid and immature and you wouldn't have perceived me the way you did. You are the first man I really liked in years! So I guess I ended up trying too hard and thinking too much. I don't care about photo's or other people or facebook. That's just meaningless stuff. All that matters are the moments shared and the chances we take.

Dear S,
    I have known you for a long time. Please find the strength to do what you must. You are a young woman. I love you.

Dear, L,E,P

I wish you could have been the type of friends I thought you were up until now. I guess the quote, a true friend will be there when times are tough. Deep down I wish I didn't have to learn that the hard way. I wish you wouldnt keep things from me, or text and then barely reply. Fb is a killer, Im going to deactivate for a while. its one thing being lied to but seeing you slip up in your lies and post it publically is another. I dont need that. I was looking forward to "that night out" the one next week, but according to fb its been rearranged without my knowledge.

How did this happen Id love to know. So close one minute and the second, things change, so sad right now I can barely talk, just cry. Sincerely hope this is just a phase of life. Im so lonely right now and Im barely in my early twenties. I just dont understand why this has happened. Going from being so happy to nothing is the worst punishment of all.

Dear M.
    I love you still despite everything. I hope you find peace from whats been troubling you all these years. How you coped I dont know.You beat the odds but you'll never see that. You put yourself down so much and for all the guff you talk and bravado you put on, you knocked yourself back, no one else did. you did. Im sorry for how our last chat played out. It was wrong of me to go off the deep end like that, but I had enough of your games and selfishness. Deep down I knew how you felt and I guess I wanted to push those words out of you, to hear the truth. There were times when I let you go and you just re-appeared into my life when it suited you. Everything was on your terms, and you came back with a bang, same nonscence, same words. Constantly drawing me in and then pushing me away the next minute. I have to let go. Its been months and I still love you so much, despite what you said and what you admitted. I have to let go. This isn't doing me any good and I doubt you are crying over me. I wish you a happy life, I truly do. hopefully Il have one too eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Dear you,

September is an impossibly long time away and I miss you. Yup, I barely know you but I miss you. I'm lame I know. Don't hold it against me?

Me.

• Advertisement

Dear C,

Im sorry Im ignoring you and yes i do feel awful, but I've been your doormat for too long, its time you figure this mess out yourself and stop blaming me and everybody else for your issues.

I'm sorry you feel I contributed to your "anxiety" but all I've done was be there for you and do everything your way. Cause that how it always was wasnt it???... your way or no way.

I cant be dealing with the hurtful texts that you pass off as just messing anymore. I know you do it to make yourself feel better, but for once I'm going to stand up and say NO MORE.

You need to figure this out yourself, and when you realise it, come back to me. I'll always be here but I'm not letting putting the blame for your behaviour on my shoulders. Once you realise it has all been your doing you will feel better.

If that means I will loose you as a friend, then we were never friends to begin with, so I will move on.

Advertisement