Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pavedparadise

Dear P,

I really like you, I wish we could be more than friends, but I don't think you see me that way.

Although recently something happened, and it was different, and exciting, and strange, and confusing and I liked it. And I think you did too. I've been thinking about it all week, but somehow I know it didn't mean the same to you as it did to me.

I think we could be really good together, although it's a pity I'm only seeing it now. I know I had my chance and blew it. Strange how these things work.
    I can't say it didn't hurt having my own words repeated back at me, although I know you'd never mean to hurt me.

Just think about it, you're one of my best friends and I think this could become something great if you give us a chance. Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

Dear D,

Well all I can say is that I am truly kicking myself with the last few weeks for not getting your phone number off you!!!
    It really is very rare when I go up to a fella I like and I took a chance doing that with you.
    You were so nice and we had a good laugh, I regret not asking you for your number when you were leaving but shyness really got the better of me so I chickened out! Cork is a small place and I really hope I see you again:)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dear baby,

Today is your official Due Date. My, how we've grown! ;)

I have all your clothes washed, ironed and ready, and when you grow up you will realise that Mama hates ironing and that I must have loved you very very much to iron all your clothes. :D Your bed is ready, and there is a whole family of people waiting impatiently to shower you with lots of love.

I am looking so forward to seeing you. Arrive safely, we'll be waiting patiently.

Love Mammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Unless they make a condom to fit GI Joes plastic penis there is no point you buying any or coming near me.

Signed,

Mrs. Hell-fcuking-No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

im starting to give up..

and when you start..

its hard to slip out it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Sean
    I feel really fat n ugly out tonight but i know you're waiting at home for me and I've a ring.on.my finger that says you'll love me forever and that means more than you'll ever know
    xxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear QPR,

It would be great if you could do something against City today. It would be sweet!

Sincerely,

Jane the United fan. :)

Dear bf,

The last couple of weeks has shown me what a truly lucky girl I am to have you. People may not think it but they don't see what I do. They don't see you when we're alone and you make me feel so special. You make me feel confident and honestly, that's no mean feat because my confidence is quite low at the moment. I hope everything gets better for you soon babe because I hate seeing you so worried and stressed. I love you.

xxxxxxxx

Dear loungers,

I'm taking a break. Again. Just think it's probably best for me and all of you. I might be back soon.

Jane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

Dear ________

You made me so upset today that I could barely breathe I wish it didn't have to be like this and you could be more mature about it. I can't see a future if there not involved because at the end of the day that's all I wanted. You broke my heart.

That's pretty much how I feel today. Got dumped by my boyfriend and I want to tell him I love him, he's the one for me, he's the love of my life and he's broken my heart because I don't want to be without him, but he's just not ready for a real relationship so there's no point.

It wouldn't fix anything so instead I'm trying to act all cool. Ya know, "let's me friends, maybe if we meet again in 5 years things will be different" etc etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I don't think you realise how much I can't stop thinking about you :o And it's not like we're in the early stages of our relationship, we're just short of 2 and a half years :eek::D
    Thank you for putting up with me, I know I can be a pain, but know that I love you so goddamn much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Touting your daughter like an accessory you wear every few months is shameful. everyone sees through you... Its men like you that make it hard for good men to be seen.. You are a spineless looser who has failed at the first hurdle of parenting... You are always your priority...and always will be... sad...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear exams,

Please end so I can stop freaking out and crying and suffering from lack of sleep! You are draining me and being nasty and evil! I need to pass this year to stay in college, so please, be nice, end and let me calm down!

Signed a very cranky student.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Dear nice guy in the library,

When i explained to you about how Im unable to bring back the library book that's overdue because its in the house that i used to share with my ex you were so nice to 'make it disappear to save alot of hassle'!

You brightened up my day so thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Whelpling

Dear X

Give me my goddamned blender back.

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Dear exams,
    Please hurry up and get yourselves over with, constant stressing isn't good!

Dear guy I'm kind of seeing,
    QUIT BEING SO DAMN CONFUSING. Make your mind up and quit being so ignorant and irritating.

Dear ex's girlfriend,
    No, a happy birthday message on Facebook does not mean I want him back, so less of the death threats please. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Dear people,

The fact that I'm not good enough is your issue, not mine.

Now I know it's been over a year so it won't happen, but if you do want me, come find me. You'll know where I'll be. I'm not reaching out anymore, I've done enough, I'm finished.

And please bear in mind that it has to be want, if you need me for something; bugger off and find someone else. I don't only exist when you need me to fix something.

Dear Doctors,

Please come up with a diagnosis. I want to be able to walk again. It's been three years....

thank you,

me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

This time last year I was in a relationship where I never felt good enough. I stuck around for too long and put up with so much shit 'cause I didn't think I deserved any better. I was convinced that he treated me badly because of the way I'd acted or because of something I'd done.

While I've been a million times happier since I've not had him in my life, I've been cautious too. Unwilling to let anyone get too close. You are a breath of fresh of air though. I don't feel like I need to be careful with what I say or do around you, I don't need to worry that I'm gonna offend you. You make me laugh all the time.

There has never been anybody before you who takes my dreams so seriously, and I love that. When I told you I wanted to travel, you didn't sigh and tell me I couldn't afford it. You got excited too and we started making plans together. I know we're only going to Amsterdam next week, but hopefully this is just the start. I think if we were just going 10km away, I'd be happy 'cause you make my world a brighter place anyway. x

Well b we finally went out for a night after I rang you and arranged it.
    You finally finished with w as you realisied that your relationship was going no where.
    When you were going out with W I kept in contact with you but you hardly made any effort with me then. That night when we were talking all I heard from you is this girl is going out with someone, this girl is getting married and this girl is pregnant.
    I was telling you about what was happening in my life since the last time we went out.
    I got involved with a new group of people and I meet a guy called M. I asked you do you know M? You knew who I was talking about and you were about to say something about him but then stopped. I knew then that you did not like M because of what you were not willing to tell me and by the way you acted. Can I just say you don't know M and you are to quick to judge people. In fact I am getting sick and tired of listing to you complain about your lack of boyfriend and how everyone else is married/has children. I was around every weekend you wanted to go out until you started to go out with W and after that I was lucky to get a few text messages. At this stage I have decided that if you don't start to make an effort with me I won't be always available at a moment notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm not actually busy I just don't want to talk to you right now, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dude,
    It was so wierd to see you today, i was thinking about you earlier this week, yes even after all this time I still think of you and what could have been,
    I know you were honting about meeting up at the weekend but you need to man up this time and ask
    I am not going to spoon feed you, yes I would love to meet up properly but you need to show me that you have changed a bit
    God its strange, Hope to see you soon x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

@k on. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

You and me was fun. Lets do that again. Nothing serious at all. Fun, like we said. ;)

Dear Binge Eating Disorder,

I've never ever said you out loud, because you sound hideous. Embarrassing, rife with personal failure and lack of self-control. Slovenly, lazy, greedy, indulgent.

You don't sound 'glamourous' or 'exotic' like the other eating disorders, and I'm aware of how ridiculous that statement is. You've made me think that way. You've made me feel this way. You've made me so embarrassed of who I am, so embarrassed of actually looking you in the eye and saying out loud that you've stalked and fcuked up my life in every way, that I keep my head down and keep it to myself.

Sure what would I even say? I have this problem with food, an obsession maybe. I think about it from the moment I get up to the second that my eyes close at night. I obsess, agonise, fret and freak out over what I'm going to eat; then I die a little bit inside every day when I end up losing control. I eat and eat and eat, and put the thoughts of yesterday's workout or next week's wedding of my head, because what's the point in even trying to beat this thing at this stage? Ten years knee deep in this bullsh1t with no-one to turn to who can see passed the gluttony and see the pain that has brought me and keeps me here? Who even wants to see that?

Because I look 'normal'. I'll admit that. I'm not massively overweight or diabetic or anything. So I pretend. Sometimes I even manage to not feel a deep sense of shame and mortification when eating around others, going out for a meal, going for ice cream, going for drinks. I pretend that the eating event is incidental and that I'm not obsessing over every morsel that goes into my mouth.

I pretend I'm normal. I pretend I don't hate myself. I pretend I don't feel like a broken woman because last night I succumbed again and the scales confirmed my worst nightmare this morning. I pretend I'm single because I'm not bothered, not because you've rendered me incapable of having a relationship. I pretend I just like to spend time in my own company, not that I isolate myself because I'm so scared of people seeing who I really am. I pretend I'm not constantly comparing myself to any female who walks into the room and am rattled to the core by a devastating sense of inadequacy. I pretend, I pretend, I pretend.

And the biggest pretence is the one that I keep up with myself. This latest diet will save me. Going to the gym more will cure it all. I'll just 'fast' it off. Being slim is all that matters and no matter how smart I am or how far I go in life, it doesn't mean a thing because I don't look like a fitness model. I don't matter because I'm not slim. I'm not worthy of attention because I'm not slim. I'm not worthy of affection or respect because I can't control my eating habits.

What the hell is wrong with you? What the hell is wrong with me?

I've had therapists that I didn't even mention you to. I don't think I've ever even said the words aloud. I'm just so scared of the judgement, because I know that I would judge. I know that people won't understand, because I don't understand. I've never wanted for anything. I haven't had your classic fcuked up life. I've always had good friends, a great family, but everyone is at arm's length. Because of you.

I wish you'd give me a minute's peace. I wish I was able to let you go. I wish I was actually as strong as I make out to be. I wish I didn't feel so alone. And I wish for a future where all of this will be out in the open and I will be an open, beautiful person because I've pulled myself through it.

Please find someone else to bully. Because quite frankly, this sh1t is getting old at this point.

I don't remember anyone apologising to me for anything they have ever done, ever. I'm not used to it and was taken aback by your sincerity. The question is did you really mean it? Maybe you're just good at lying. Maybe it's part of another game for you. Maybe you want to get back at your ex. Maybe I should play along. I thought about trying to get in touch with you but then thought better of it, I figured you would be sober by now and regret everything you had said. I hope you did mean it, I hope you meant everything. Thank you if you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Every time I think of how much you've hurt my friend, I feel such irrational anger. If I ever see you again I don't know I'll react.

You're a sad excuse for a human being. You wasted so much of their time and energy and walked off leaving them to put all the pieces back together alone.

At least there were no children involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Dear your lovely self,

You have been ridiculously amazing over the last year. I needed to work overseas for a year to get into my dream career and you never once complained or made me feel bad for going. You have supported me all the way, skyped me almost every day, cheered me up when I was lonely and homesick and listened patiently to my many many nonsensical ramblings and bad jokes. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks and move in with you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear M,

I really really appreciate you! You're so good to me, you humour me and you look after me! You really make going to work so enjoyable and I hope everyone has a colleague like you! Also, don't ever let N walk all over you, she's only jealous!

Peace and blessings (:P :D )

Sarah

:)

If only you knew how hard it is for me not to reply, not to pick up the phone and reasure you that I love you so much.

But for now this is best, I need time to heal and get stronger for me.

It will never be the way it was! It will be different love, stronger love, better love.

Until then good night, love always x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

We've had such a hard time since you passed away. Losing you could very well have been the end of our world, it's felt like the beginning of the end since then. One thing after another just knocking us down all the time.

We think we're going to have to leave here soon. We don't want to. We'll be leaving behind all the memories of you. I know you'd want us to just create our own.

In a way I'm glad you didn't live to see what this recession is putting us through but I miss your support and guidance.

I'm so glad your mind didn't suffer. Even to the very end you were sharp. I know you suffered physically but I know that physical pain was nothing compared to what losing yourself would have done to you. I hope you know that we would have given up everything to look after you, my job, everything, just to know we could what was left of you until the last moment.

I miss you terribly. I haven't been able to visit your grave since my accident but I think about you all the time.

Love M x

• Advertisement

You really have blown me away!

Always expect the unexpected eh? :)

Advertisement