Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

I sent you that email because I wanted us to keep in touch now and then thats all. To apologise for the texts I sent you during the week. I wanted to be someone's 'person'. I wanted to be your's. How can you not care that I am in hospital? How can you just act like I never existed? You blocked my number aswell. I haven't done anything to hurt you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

You know me SO well!! Why can't you sense what I'm too afraid to tell you??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

It doesn't take a genius to figure out your smoking again but I'm just going to continue pretending like I know nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dear Sleep,

We've had a rocky relationship since I was about 13. I love you, I really do. If I could spend 20 hours a day with you I would. Why do you continue to escape me? I want to be with you, more than anything in the world and right now I really can not cope without you. I need you. Why won't you come back to me. I'll treat you with more respect in future, if you just come back. Please, please reconsider your current sabatical. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Dear Brain,

Why is it that you won't get up off your lazy ass at 9am and do any work, but from 11pm onwards you are ready for road? Let me sleep :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Dear Arsehole.

Caught you rapid, hope she was worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

C,

So yesterday I realised that its just not the same if its not you. That our stuff is OUR stuff, not just you doing my favourite things with me; they are my favourite things because you are there. And it took feeling silly and crying on a bus and talking to you and you telling me that no man could want anyone else but me to realise that honestly, I want to be yours. Just yours.

I love you ridiculous amounts. And we fight about stupid things and you make me so angry and I want to kill you quite a lot of the time. But even when we're fighting, I want to keep fighting, because it still means I'm talking to you. (Would just prefer if it was nicer...)

I can't wait to see you. I love you.

LMP xx

D,

I am such a lucky girl to have you as a friend. Thanks for all of it.
    Play on!

L.

B,
    I don't get it. I don't understand how you changed like that. Or maybe you just didn't change at all. Well, screw it. 5 years time.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dear gf,

Writing this here because I know you'll probably see it later when I'm already fast asleep. I know it's not ever going to be 'easy' being so far apart from one another, but you make it a lot easier than it has any right to be because of how well you keep in touch with me, and how not a single day goes by that you don't make me smile and laugh.
    I know you're nervous going into your test that'll have just started, but I just want you to know, that I'm ridiculously proud of you. You never cease to amaze me, and I know you always will. You're very very intelligent too, more than you give yourself credit for, and I know you will do fantastically well.
    I know you're always there for me, no matter what, and I hope you know that it goes both ways. Just the thought of you makes my heart swell with love and admiration, and I've never felt quite this strongly this far into a relationship. You mean the world and more to me, and I want to always make you happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

I know that you stole my jewellery and it kills me how you have looked me into the eye everyday I've seen you since, with no remorse.

You are heading down a slippery slope G and I don't even want to help you anymore. I don't care anymore, not that it bothers you, you don't care about anyone but yourself. You are a selfish, malicious person G, it terrifies me how these lies come so easy to you. You have spun one long web of deceitful lies and you think you're ok that we don't know your lying, we do!

I don't want anything to do with you from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear work,

I love you but you break my heart. And it's not me, it's most definitely you.

I've given you socks for the last eighteen months. I've given you my heart and my soul and my sleep and some days, my sanity, and I've sweat blood for you, trying to prove a point to you and trying to prove a point to myself.

I've filtered through murder trials and chased the relatives of car crash victims on facebook and scoured the country for available economists at 10pm on a Sunday night and stayed in the office until 2am because a tsunami hit on the other side of the world just as I was about to call it a day and head out the door.

I've cancelled plans for you. I've let people down for you. I've put aspects of my life on hold for you, and to be honest, I'd do it all again in the morning. Because you're awesome and you kick my ass and up my game in ways that make me feel priveleged to know you.

All I'm saying is, it's summer now. And I'm falling in love. And I have some of the most special friends in the world, and they won't be around forever and neither will I.

The sun is shining every day now, the racoons are out at night and everything is generally brighter in the world. So how about a bit of security, a bit of stability, a bit less stress and a bit more regularity? Don't I deserve it?

Because I know you inside out, I know how you work and how things need to be if I'm going to live in your world. But a few weeks of peace and predictability and 7pm finishes wouldn't be too big an ask now, would it?

Think about it. You know where I am :)

Beks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

T,
    You know I don't want to get back together.
    It's been nearly two years now...
    I know you were busy, but all I wanted from you was one day to be together and have a walk in the park and do the things we could never do. Why couldn't you have made time? I still care for you, but I can't express it.. It's just like the start.. I wish you'd move on and be happy...

F,
    I listened to a metal cover of 'Kids' earlier. It still reminds me of that week in Kerry. But I realise now that you're the one who's missing out. I wish you'd held on.

MP,
    You are awful people. Never in my life have I met two more wretched excuses for human beings. You'll never realise the full extent of the damage you did, or to how many people. You disgust me.

School Mates,
    Why are you all so closed minded? The world's a huge place and you refuse to see any of it. I'm glad I met new people in college, I needed the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

A,
    i miss you so bad. all i want is to be us again but its not going to happen.
    i loved you so much and Im scared i always will.
    i hate that some random girl you don't even know got to have you sleep beside her, yes everything else hurts too but that's what hurts the most, that while i cried myself to sleep wishing i was back in our bed, some random girl got to sleep in bed with you.
    you'll never be loved the same way again by anyone because i know that nobody could ever love you more than me.
    I've asked you not to contact me because i know that all it has led to before now is hope on my part. I need to accept you're no longer mine. I want to talk to you so bad but i know that you don't want to for the same reason i do. I need to get over you and i can't do that when you're sending me messages about missing me and stuff. Yes you miss me, but that doesn't mean you want me back and i need to realise that but right now my heart won't let me, i can't be told things like that without feeling hope.
    I wish we were us again.
    I miss you.
    But you don't want me so i need to do this. I need to move on and stop clinging to hope.
    From the girl you have left absolutely heart broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

"Just tell me am I wasting my time or not" I am patient but not that bloody patient!

Dear Other Hearts,

I am a good person. Not at all perfect but good. I read other posts here and I feel sad. I want to be the person that you find amazing, that you think about, that you are in love with. You know I don't think you have ever been in love with me. I go out at night and drink too much and cry so hard. I have made many wrong choices because of you. When is the break going to come eh? Am I not enough as I am?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dear S

I miss you terribly,I wish things could have worked out between us,I hope your happy in your new life..........and that he's treating you right..............

To the madman beneath St. Anne's:

I stopped to listen and nod in sympathy because I thought your rantings were circling around the topic of the carillon. If I hadn't moved out of that nearby apartment before the year was up, I may well have been gibbering beside you today. Good lord WHY do they let the tourists ring the bells at all hours and in any order they please. I told you that. But no, you were expostulating about next Sunday at 9:30 AM and the end of the world, so I trailed off and scurried away. Still, it stuck with me, the longest conversation I'd had that week, and so on Sunday I glanced out the window at that time--

and the sky darkened in an instant
    and the rain crashed into the earth
    and the world was shattered and reborn
    and so was I.

The next time I see you wandering 'round the city center, I'll offer to buy you a drink of whatever you please, though you might not recognize me now. I don't scurry these days.

Hey, me again.
    Where the hell is your heart??!!! If you have nothing good to say to me or you really believe we cannot be civil towards each other then please leave me alone:(. I know I know I was the one contacting you. I need people in my life who can give me a bit of support right now. Things are getting tough at home. I just want to escape. I can't drive until next week. I am counting the seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Red,
    Thanks for having the can poured when I got in from my second job, but any chance you have the 50 euro you owe me???????????????

Dear you,
    I knew there was lots of reasons I'd agreed to marry you but seeing how you looked after me this weekend, spending the night on a chair beside me in A&E just made me certain that nobody could ever make me feel as loved as you do.
    xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Fiona wrote: »
    "Just tell me am I wasting my time or not" I am patient but not that bloody patient!

Dear G

Thank you for putting me out of my misery and wasting 3 weeks of my life :mad:

• Advertisement

A,

Im happy again!

For so long i waited for you and tried and tried. Hoping. Wanting you back. I was waiting for you to come back and you knew that and took advantage of that. You messed with my head. You wanted your time to be single and then come back to me when you're done. Well guess what, i won't be there for you when you're done being single and want it all back.
    You've lost me. Im happy now and Im done waiting.
    You really will regret everything you've done. You had it good and you gave that up.

You're not the person i thought and Im glad i know that now.

P.S. Man the **** up and look after your daughter. I haven't pushed you to take her or pay money or even call and say hello, i want you to want to do all that, but there is only so long that i can convince her you love her. Actions speak louder than words. Especially when the words aren't even coming from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Dear G,
    I know there's nothing you can do about it, but I can't help but be a little upset. Please don't take it that I'm mad at you, don't feel guilty, I completely understand, I'm just a little sad about the situation. I love you, come home to me as soon as you can...
    Love, your squish :)

branbee wrote: »
    A,

Im happy again!

For so long i waited for you and tried and tried. Hoping. Wanting you back. I was waiting for you to come back and you knew that and took advantage of that. You messed with my head. You wanted your time to be single and then come back to me when you're done. Well guess what, i won't be there for you when you're done being single and want it all back.
    You've lost me. Im happy now and Im done waiting.
    You really will regret everything you've done. You had it good and you gave that up.

You're not the person i thought and Im glad i know that now.

P.S. Man the **** up and look after your daughter. I haven't pushed you to take her or pay money or even call and say hello, i want you to want to do all that, but there is only so long that i can convince her you love her. Actions speak louder than words. Especially when the words aren't even coming from you.

And now you want me back.
    Wtf.
    You waited til i was happy again and then you beg for me back
    What am i supposed to do now.
    You really have messed with my head.

I'm so, so sorry I lost contact with you. I just kept putting it on the long finger and then lost your number and email address. I miss you soo much. You were such a good friend to me and I took you for granted. I never stopped thinking about you since we last saw eachother.

I can't track you down now, I don't know where you are. I hope that you made your escape and are somewhere exoctic. I know if I do track you down you'll probably tell me to fcuk off and I don't blame you. I'm ashamed of myself. I just want to tell you I'm sorry and I'm really missing you today.

F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

To my best friend,

Why can't you see how great you are?! Everyone else but you sees all that you have to offer, how beautiful, funny and truly talented you are. Everything you wish you could be, you already are. I love you and I can't wait for the day that you see this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Boy,
    Just text me already!!
    You were all about me last week, talking to me most of the day every day, we had great banter. Saw you on Saturday and it went really well but I feel you have kinda vanished a bit since then. I know it's probably in my mind cos we went out on Monday night and had a really sweet time but your lack of contact is driving me crazy!!!!!
    Clarify – please! Before im admitted to a mental health institute… I swear I have a crick in my neck from looking at my phone every 4 seconds!
    God damn you male species…..you drive me to wine. Litres of the thing!
    SM :) x

Happy birthday bc, hope you have a good one. I don't know where you are or what your number is anymore so my gift to you this year is simply this; I won't be contacting you anymore.

You have built a wall of silence between us, every time I try to pass a message over the wall there is nothing back. I'm left wondering why? What did I do? It always gets me down for a few days afterwards. I can't stay doing this, can't keep reaching out. There will be no more emails, no letters, no texts and no more attempts to phone you.

You are gone from my life, but not forgotten, I won't ever forget you. Your people are supposed to be the best in the world at cutting someone off, you might be good at it but fcuk does it hurt. I said before that if you are ever in trouble or need help I'll be there for you, that promise still stands.

This song reminds of you, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCya1yiFFP4&feature=related

Every time I heard it there were tears in my eyes, but lately I don't cry so much, perhaps I am starting to heal. I wish you all the best, thank you for all the good memories,

goodbye, your (old) friend,

K

Granny,

I love you ..and I miss you.

It's been 10 years, 10 whole years... but somehow forever seems like just a day. Do you remember our walks with your wee dog? Although he didn't stay 'wee' for very long did he! I remember the way he used to stand waiting for me at the window when he heard the car coming, somehow he always knew when it was me - even from a mile away. I didn't mind leaving you as much when he was there; I knew he'd look after you...kind of like a guardian angle - just like you're mine.

You must have felt so alone though, in that house in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by nature and so much life.. yet so isolated as your own ebbed away. I wanted to see you more often, but it was so complicated, it was so hard.

That night you died, she called and said you asked for me. I'm sorry I wasn't there, I'm so so sorry. And your wake, I'm sorry I couldn't be there either - but I just couldn't, I couldn't face that house...I couldn't face you. I couldn't face seeing you whilst knowing that you just weren't there anymore.

You are the only reason I have feel anything towards that person I call my father, although even admitting I feel anything makes me feel sick to my stomach. I don't want to care about either of them, I've cut them out of my heart because I they just tore it apart too many times. But still, he's your son; he's a part of you - so surely some part of him must be good? Surely some part of him is capable of love? Surely some part of him loved me once? I don't think I'll ever believe it, not really - but I leave that tiny bit of hope there...for you. I leave it there, out of respect for you; because nothing that came from you could ever be completely bad.

He'll never be in my life again; neither of them will. But I want you to know that I'm okay. I want you to know that I've got through it and although the past year has been hard - I'm getting through that too. I won't let this beat me. I won't let myself stay down and I won't let my life go to waste. I won't - because you wouldn't want me to.

God how I wish I was sitting in your cottage right now putting rollers in your hair; I wish I was in your bedroom powdering my face to play 'grown ups'; I wish I was walking down that dusty country road playing fetch with Spot; I wish.... I wish I had more wishes and I wish they could come true.

I miss you, I love you and I just needed you to know one more time.

Please, never leave me. For, in my darkest moments - you're the light I see when I squeeze shut my eyes. I feel you with me. I always feel you with me.

Love always
    your wee cáilín deas.
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
    But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.

I wish nothing but the best for you too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

Dear R

You are having an operation today. And I've been asked to stay away because I have flu. They say that if you caught it that could be the last straw.

I want to be by your side, holding your hand, telling you tales of the boys, laughing together and murmuring sweet nothings in your ear. I know you find it enjoyable and reassuring with me by your side, but they are right. I can't jeapodise your recovery or indeed your life to meet my need to be present.

So I am here, thinking of you. Sending waves of fairy dust sprinkling down over you.

You come over for lunch every Sunday. B leaves at 10am to go get you and gets back home after dropping you off again at 5.30pm. So it takes most of the day. And setting the table with linen and crystal and cooking up a big Sunday lunch takes time too. But as I put the salmon on the platter and serve up potato and honeyed carrots and asparagus with lemon and then cherry pie with cream, I begin to relax again. Because having you still with me is a gift. And knowing that the boys now know you, really well, is also a gift that will stay with them all their lives. They know how special you are. You often feature on their 'three good things that happened today' list - "R came over for Sunday lunch'. I love that. Because it has become part of our lives - you feel loved and we feel loved and Sunday lunch becomes part of who we are, not just something we do.

I am blessed to have you. And I know that your strength will carry you through, if it is possible. And if it's not, I need to remember that we have had something special in our lives. You.

Advertisement