Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Granny,

Yesterday I was sad that you weren't here.

Yesterday I was sad about alot of things.

Yesterday I was just sad.

But today, today I'm desperate. Today I NEED you. I need someone to hold me. I need someone to tell me it'll all be okay. I'm messing everything up. I can't do this :(

I need someone to realise I can't do this on my own. I need someone to believe in me but be there for me too.

I need you.

Please, when I got to sleep tonight..please wrap your arms around me. Please make me feel safe. Please..give me comfort. Please...be here.

Its all I can do not to cry. I can't start..because I won't stop. I'm sinking fast and I'm trying so fcuking hard to stay above water - please, don't let me drown.

Dear Best Friend.

You seem so excited when you told me your news that your going abroad. Im really happy for you, that your happy. But heartbroken that your going!! I didnt say that though because its your moment, your chance to for a change and Id be damned if I take that from you. Im going to miss you so much though, but I really am happy that you have found something to get your mind of the past and something to strive for. Im going to miss you so much!!!! Love you!!!

Dear P

I still love you. But I shouldnt. I wish you would contact me, because I cant contact you. I want to sort things out. Get some sort of closure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dear m

please don't let me down this time

please be there

please be there for me

yes, I know the stakes are potentially high, but, equally, you know where I stand.

dear s,

I know I've been stupid. and pigheaded. and selfish.

I'm sorry.

it's been too long. 18 months is too long.

it's mostly my fault. 90% my fault. and I'm sorry.

I've emailed you- please respond. (I'd ring if I could, but I deleted your numbers in a fit of temper and spite, and I never knew them by heart)

please let's put the last 18 months behind us.

I had a bit of a long message to go here but I decided not to go with it because I do not want to replay it all in my head. That and I do not care any more.

You messed with my head. Used and abused me. And lied to me. It wasn't nice.

Trying to get my head around the situation. It didn't make sense to me. I felt horrible for ages. Used and abused and degraded and belittled and cheap.

There were nights when I couldn't even sleep. Days when I couldn't even get up. I lost my appetite and couldn't eat. Weeks where I couldn't even bring myself to wash myself or change my underwear. Lived in a pig stye because I couldn't even clean. Lost my interest in things that I liked doing. Pushed people that I cared about away.

The first couple of months from your mess was black and bleak. The following months and the past six were up and down. One minute doing good and the next falling down with it all resurfacing on my mind.

I'm getting better.

• Advertisement

Dear S,
    They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I say bullsh!t!
    Everytime I see you it makes things harder. When I don't see you, things are much easier. I know you better than anybody, and you know me better than anybody. I know exactly what you are feeling and thinking just by your cute little smiles and the movements you make and how you figit! While I may have become good at hiding my feelings (especially the jealousy feelings), it hurts me to see you happy with other guys. Don't get me wrong, I want to see you happy, I just find it hard to see you with other guys.
    I thought we would go all the way. I wanted the wedding, the house, the kids, the lot. I think we met too young. I had a lot of growing up to do and wish we had met a few years later. One piece of advise I was given was that if we are meant together, we will eventually end up together. Was that person correct? I don't know.
    Even though we have broken up well over 2 years at this stage, I still love that we can talk so easily and openly.

What is the point of this post? I don't know really. Just for a vent really. I have nobody I can talk to about this. All I will say is that I still miss you, I still miss the craic we had, the chemistry between us was great, best sex i've had, the cuddles, how we knew each other so well, I even miss your family! No matter what happens, no matter what stupid arguments we have, no matter who either of us end up with, I will always love you. xXx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

F,

Thanks for agreeing to be my girlfriend. I've a good feeling about this cutie.

M,

Wow! It's been a year and it flew.

Meeting you was good but the sh1tstorm that you delivered afterwards wasn't nice. You had a gift for me that you didn't send, lost it and didn't tell me until I hauled you up on it and I was given an excuse. Let's persume for a second you were genuine, you betrayed my trust, counties apart between us and you did nothing to rectify it. Was I expected to believe you and trust you? After you were untrustworthy. I held a small light that maybe you were genuine and you would fix it but nothing. That cracked me. And no reassaurance from you.

I couldn't make head nor tails of it. During my darkest moments I thought you did it intentially and it does appear to be that way. I felt so awful. Used. They say it is the thought that counts with a gift and it was nothing. You have no idea how deep I was in that black hole.

You could have stepped away after the night together without playing with my head and it would have been so ok. You could have been honest with me. You could have told me what you were playing at.

I eventually striked back at you with cruel remarks. I didn't mean to do this. There were so much frustrations built up from that crap, that you could have easily fixed but did nothing and I lost control and expressed it back at you. I'm so so sorry. My b1tchiness was a symptom of your bo11ocksogly. It would never have surfaced if there was a tiny bit of respect or if you had backed away entirely instead of messing with my head.

I guess there were two of us in this mess but don't you ever forget where it began. From you.

I'm sorry. Sending you good wishes. Peace.

Grr ex's.... >:(

Got dumped by a guy I was in a long distance relationship a few months ago, was hurt but I was expecting it, the distance was difficult (two seperate countries)... but then he started going out with the other girl 5 days later. Now, bare in mind, we were still talking at this stage and I found out through a status update on facebook one morning... something he always made an excuse not to change with me (no-one on his side knew we were going out). Now this killed me, I felt as though everything he told me was a lie and I had just wasted several months of my life on this guy who never really cared, was ashamed of me and was only with me because he was afraid of being alone (at least, that's how it felt to me)

Only this evening, I thought I would forgive him and unblock him of Facebook since I was still friends with a lot of his friends and it was a bit odd without him. I went onto his page and noticed it was public so had a quick glance through it. I seen a post from his now girlfriend saying happy 3 months. I thought the date was a bit odd so I backtracked it... turns out he went out with her the very next day after he broke up with me... :(

Now I'm just angry. Thinking I knew and accepted the full story and finding one more small but powerful lie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

To the guy working on the ghost train at funderland limerick today

thank you dear for knockin five feckin years off my life span, there I was pretending to be scared for my sons benefit and the next thing you jumped out of the dark, roared at me and scared the living daylights out of me

• Advertisement

Dear You

I am absolutely terrified; you're so close, so close to the real me.

But I'm scared. I'm scared that if I let you in, you'll break my heart...and I don't think it can take much more.

You amaze me; intrigue me; arouse me...you do everything and so much more. But still, I'm scared.

I'm terrifed of being happy, because the let down is just too much to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear Chucky. Well what a difference a week makes! I promised you some day if i was free i would come down to Cork so you could take me out for dinner. Im glad i took the risk and drove down to you on Saturday in the lashings of rain to keep my promise. I suppose i really should go home now i have run out of clean underwear :D When you kissed me on Saturday night you told me that you have wanted to do that since November 2010 when we became friends and i think i melted a little bit inside when i heard it. All i will say is all good things come to those who wait xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dear X actually scratch that just X,

You are so self centered and self obsessed, you act as if you are the only one with an opinion that matters

You look down your nose at others and judge them on looks and weight, thats just pathetic, such a poor reflection on you and do you know what I know I amnt the only one who sees it

You try and backtrack and come off all indignant well screw you, you arent fooling me and by god you arent fooling anyone else

Intolerant people like you are the ones behind most of the injustices in this world and darling frankly you arent good enough to be worthy if a reply from me, but hun I have your number and I dont mind showing you for who you are, you make me sick

You are vile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Dear Bank Account,

I am sorry you are sick. I am going to take you to the doctor next week to find out why you are constantly bleeding money at a rapid rate, within days of getting a payday transfusion.

I really hope we can get to the bottom of this. Because all we're getting to the bottom of right now is my funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Babe....

Thank you for being so supportive of me in the last 6mths. You have helped me through a really trying time and I know without you love and support I wouldn't be in the good place I am right now. Thanks for all the laughs and fun that has help and thanks for listening when I needed to talk and thanks for putting up with my moods and my snapping and for understanding the how's and why's of what was wrong.

You are the best. You are a great dad and a great partner and I know this hasn't been easy on you but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and thank you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Dear Keyboard Warriors,

Welcome to the Internet. Remember the phrase don't believe everything you read? Stop taking everything so seriously- you don't actually scrawl each post with your life's blood either, stop fuelling the ill and spreading the bad. Put down the keyboard, it's not your lover. You can find a war outside too if you'd like, but what's that? You'd rather stay inside and take it out on the anonymous fray? Know this - your insecurities are beaming out of your aggression and you'll never get that satisfaction you seek, so quit it. Try spread some good around instead, be nice for once.

But you're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you, don't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Dad,
    it'll be okay, i promise
    x

Love of my life,
    We fight on. No matter what happens we'll be together and we'll beat it, like we always have.
    x

friend,
    please get in control again. I know you've had a hard life, but you're starting to scare me. I find myself worried about what you'll do, not to yourself, to someone else.
    Don't throw your life away, I've seen someone do that before. I've seen the ripples of destruction they left behind.
    Please, don't let me read your name in the paper again, and never let me read it like I read his all those years ago.
    We're trying to be there for you,
    don't throw the support away.

Dear you

This has been a whirlwind, it feels like months have passed when we've barely covered one. I want you to know that I'm okay, I don't need you. But I also want you to know that I WANT you. I don't need you to help me, I don't need you to do anything for me - this is my battle and yours is yours; but I do want you in my life. I really do.

If you don't want that anymore, I'll be okay. So don't worry about that. It won't break my heart or anything like that. But if you do - please don't shut me out. It's the hardest thing in the world for me to deal with when someone does that. I've trusted so much in you, please trust me back.

I'll be here for as long as you want me here, but if you don't - you need to let me know. Don't keep me hanging on for something that is never going to happen.

And just one more thing; despite whatever happens now..I need to thank you. Thank you for showing me that someone could want me again. Thank you for making me smile and thank you for giving me hope.

I miss the you I met. I care about you.

Come back to me.

a 24 year old irish fella i know killed in australia on tuesday, it's heartbreaking, what do ya do? i didnt know him as best buds or anything, i wont pretend we were, didnt have his number/ not on fb with him but the last 2 nights in bed, i've cried my heart out thinking about him.
    he good friends with people i am close to so its them i am more heart broken for, i wish so much i could take away their pain. thinking of what theyre going through makes me cry.

anyway so it makes you appreciate people more i guess.
    someone else is hurting me though on different matter. why cant by gones be by gones.
    life is too short. you say you never had any luck, but what about your children who love you so much. Is it not lucky to have them in your life even if other things didnt go to plan. look at this poor fellas mother, she certainly aint lucky, she has just lost her son, 5 months after losing her niece and is currently on route to perth to take his body home, where she'll probably never get over it.

it's making me want to cry..

Dear you

She can have you. Those long months we've all been through have taught me so much, about myself, about my potential. I've never had much confidence, but last night it clicked. All those men who treated me like crap, those men like you who treated me like I didn't even exist, like I wasn't worthy enough, it all suddenly made sense. I deserve better. I deserve better than having to chase, having to feed your ego to get your attention. Having to put so much effort into trying to find someone.

So I stopped chasing. And I watched. I watched her do what I had been doing for months, the flirting, the chasing, watched her try to make you jealous, then throw herself at you. We're chalk and cheese, she's the life and soul and I'm the shy one. But you treated her exactly the same way, like she was beneath you, and had to beg for your attention. And you know what? It worked for her. But I don't want to have to beg for your attention any more, or any other guys for that matter.

I get it now. I've been deliberately going after the wrong men because deep down I was terrified of finding someone who actually wanted me, terrified of letting a guy see the real me, because the real me wasn't good enough. But you know what this year has taught me? I am good enough. I stood there last night surrounded by that group. Those people who I had never warmed to and it struck me, I don't want to warm to these people, I don't need them in my life.

And out of them all, there were 2 that I had so much time for, and you know what they did at that exact moment? They gave me the biggest hug, and there was so much warmth and genuine rapport and love there, they are good people. They are the kind of people I want in my life. And I suddenly realised that I had never been anything other than myself around them.

I have achieved so much, been through so f**king much, more than you could ever know. I deserve happiness, I am good enough. I'm done chasing, i'm done trying to make men want me. Relationships shouldn't be that hard, I shouldn't have to act like someone I'm not. Maybe it'll happen for me, maybe not, but either way I'm not going to settle for anything other than someone I can absolutely be myself around, someone who wants me as much as I want them. Someone who I won't have to chase.

She practically got down on her hands and knees and begged you, and I just turned and walked away, I walked home, I left them and you behind.

I'm not going back to that way of living. It starts now.

Me.

• Advertisement

I trusted you, I haven't trusted anyone in so long but I trusted you.

I was crazy about you, I still am. You made me laugh and smile more than I have in so long. The little things you thought annoyed me didn't annoy me at all - they made me feel alive, they made me feel real.

This is going to crush me. And it sounds so so stupid because it shouldn't! It shouldn't be such a big deal at this stage! But, it is. It is, and it fcuking sucks.

I feel like I've gone 10 steps forward and 20 steps back in the space of a few weeks.

I'm not going to bother with anyone anymore, I'm really not. I've learned my lesson now. No-one needs to deal with this.

I hope you find happiness. I just wish I could have given it to you.

Goodbye,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Dear body,

Please, please do what we want you to do!

Everyone I know is getting pregnant and yet again, another month shows us how much you hate us.

I'm sick of you! Sick of the hope and expectations you lead us to. Sick of the pain and misery you bring!

Just because you have a condition doesn't mean you get to **** with our hearts like this!

I hate you now but I'm hoping you'll change your mind next month

S and S x

Dear me,

You are going through a very rough time at the moment. Your head is like a washing machine. You feel your friends have let you down, certain men have let you down, your colleagues have let you down, you feel insignificant, alone, lonely, lost, scared, and there is no meaning to your life.

You are getting help at the moment with councelling, but where or how that will eventually help, you dont know. You keep trying. To look at you from the outside in, you have it all-you are a nice looking girl, you keep yourself well, you are educated, intelligent, you have a good job, no money problems, but inside you are a mess. If people could only look past all the expectations of the exterior and see the real person hurting and the sadness in your eyes.

There is one thing about you-you never give up. You've fallen hard-very hard, so many times, and you still get up. It does get harder each time though to get back up. You always wondered what life had in store for you. You believed that each day would bring something new, and you never knew what was around the corner, but for the last year, life has not given you anything, despite your trying, and that is one of the reasons why you are finding it so hard. Other people seem to have situations where things fall into their lap. You keep trying and nothing is happening in the areas you are unhappy with. Life you are making it so frustrating. Give her a break and give her the things that she prays for and is trying to work towards everyday and things she is trying to sort out. She deserves happiness and to be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Dear two of my best friends

I know you talk **** about me all the time. I hope Karma is a bitch.

C

Dear you,

I'm a mess. Ever since I found out that you like me too, I haven't been able to get you out of my head. I desperately want to talk to you, but I don't know what to say. I'm afraid that you don't want me to talk to you or that I'll make myself seem clingy or annoying, so I don't say anything. So I just keep hoping that you'll be the one to initiate some kind of conversation.

The way that we have been brought together I can only attribute to fate. Really, what are the chances that our paths would cross like this? It is beyond a simple coincidence. I was so happy when it happened and I hope you were too. Finally, after three years of waiting and hoping, the thing I've always longed for is finally about to happen. The thing is, the timing couldn't be worse. That's life eh? These things always happen when you least expect. It's so bittersweet though and it's gotten me awfully conflicted.

However, I think I know what I must do. I just need to find the courage to do it. You amaze me, you fascinate me, you intrigue me. You are everything that I could ever want and more. The fact that you are interested in me too is astounding to me. I feel so inadequate when I compare myself to you - you are so talented in everything you do while I just float along a little aimlessly, getting lucky now and then.

I never thought I would miss you this much but I do. Not seeing you every few days, not being able to listen to your beautiful voice or your funny little jokes is tearing me up inside. This past month has been hellish. If I have to wait 3 more months to see you I fear I may lose my mind.

It scares me though, knowing how close we are to having something makes me terrified of doing something that will scare you off. I'm scared that you're already losing interest in me. I really don't want to have to go through all this only for it to end in heartbreak.

I guess, in a way, you've already made your move so now it's my turn. Being so near yet so far away from you is making me a little crazy. I'm gonna tell you. Wish me luck x

sam34 wrote: »
    dear s,

I know I've been stupid. and pigheaded. and selfish.

I'm sorry.

it's been too long. 18 months is too long.

it's mostly my fault. 90% my fault. and I'm sorry.

I've emailed you- please respond. (I'd ring if I could, but I deleted your numbers in a fit of temper and spite, and I never knew them by heart

please let's put the last 18 months behind us.

well whaddayaknow,

you replied (yippee!) and it turns out that all along you were also in a huff with me, and being stubborn about it. so it wasn't just me being an immature eejit - finding out that actually makes me feel a bit better!

so, we've both apologised, slapped ourselves on the wrists and promised not to be such muppets again.

it's great that we're back in contact. and despite it being 18 months, it ferls like only yesterday.

thanks for ringing.

let's raise a glass and toast old friends (I was gonna say toast 'old lovers' but that's been put to bed, if you pardon the pun ;)

Dear E,

It's you, not me. It never was me either.

For years I have felt guilty about how things finished between us, thinking that I was the terrible person who hurt you like that. That I was the one who was bullying and belittling. That I was the monster.

But it's you. You're actually really stupid for someone who's so intelligent. I now know that there are so many others like me that you blame for mistreating you, but it's really you, mistreating yourself by hurting others. The time for sympathy has come and gone. Long gone, in fact. You need to grow up. This can't continue. For your own sake as well as those around you (or the ones that remain, for now), stop. Just stop. Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I am not a liar.

I refuse to be a liar for you.

You asked me a direct question. I gave you a (painful but) direct answer. This actually hurt me. It shouldn't have made a difference to you - I was the one hurt by this, by the whole, entire, last-7-years-of-my-life thing. But your response was to effectively cut me off.

You have exactly 24 hours to repair this, or I'm closing the door, and I won't re-open it.

I am not a hard person, but I will be hard about this, because I have nothing to apologise for here, and you know that in your heart of hearts.

I thought so much more of you, and that is really what disappoints me most. I'd love for you to prove me wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Nanny,
    I'm wide awake again.
    3 years is too long without you.
    I'll be up for a coffee and a smoke this week.
    Love and miss you always xxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear W,

You scare me sometimes. Because you bring out the kid in me, the one who lived and loved with reckless abandon before discovering how painful and complicated life really is.

Thanks for coming along at exactly the right time. Thanks for not giving up on me. Thanks for reminding me of who I really am. Thanks for being my new home.

Beks

Advertisement