Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

C,

Its a year exactly now since you broke my heart into smithereens, and yet its been only six months, ish, since I stopped seeing you properly. I'm looking back now and wondering what the hell it was about tbh, now that I see that side of you I'm wondering what I ever saw in you. There are some parts of course that are understandable - and I've got a type, the boys I'm into now are the exact same as you were at the start - cocky as hell and charming to match - but I know better now.

Maybe someday we can be friends. Right now I think I just see all of the bad stuff and all of the hurt and all of the things people told me but love blinded me to them. You got arrogant. And you didn't deserve the love I was giving you.

I had a date the other night. And another last night. He seems nice. Its a start.

L.

C,

How in gods name had I not told you such things? I'm glad we've finally found our common ground. After six long years! :P

I love you to bits and you know it, and I know you love me too. We'll manage it eventually if its meant to be, but right now I think we both need us as friends.

Your number one fan,

L.

W,

I'm proud of you. And I know we've never been those siblings who are all happiness and light and proud of each other, but you're doing your Leaving Cert now and I'm looking at the phone every evening to check how you got on! I'm sure right now you're kicking Maths ass!

Love, L.

K,

Just quit your job you stupid bint. Seriously.

All of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Weather was fabulous for the weekend and now the sun is gone. Dreading how to say to my tenant that I can live with her mood swings and the fact that her boyfriend is there more than I'd like without coming across as a b*t*h as the other tenant is a dream to live with, boyfriend rarely there and even when he is you wouldn't know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dear Mr. Platonic Friendship Guy,

Please stop sending me mixed signals. I'd like to be your friend but I want to be someone's girlfriend, not necessarily yours. You are kind and friendly, honest with me and all but I'm one ****ed up, confused chick right now and I doubt I can be a good girlfriend to you. Even so, I'd still like to be the one to bring you out of the mire of your pathological fear of women and social anxiety.
    A kiss on the cheek would be nice, even if it's only platonic. It's been nearly 4 years since I was in a relationship. Let's be lonely together.

Dear Family,

My life.
    My mistakes.
    Not your business.

Dear Dad,
    Father's Day is coming up but I really don't want to buy you anything as you have always been a ****ty father. You never give a damn so why should I waste my cash on you when I can spend it on my stepdad? He is far more deserving of my love and affection than you ever will be.
    I just wish you'd grow a damn spine and admit you screwed up royally. The fact that you would sweep our past under the carpet and say "let bygones be bygones" only makes it all the more difficult for me to get past the fact that your a collasal asshole.
    I've tried to forgive and forget but you frustate me so much it's all I can do not to scream. Please know that I plan to spend the absolute minimal amount I can because society dictates I should do so. Know that I due it only out of duty and to keep the peace. If it were up to me, I'd cut all ties but it only leads to more frustration and heartache.
    This Father's Day, I will lavish attention on my dear stepdad. He's been in my life for 15 years- more than you ever were- and he's been at all the big milestones, from birthdays to graduations, to the debs, to it all.
    Where were you? I know the answer- drowing in a pint glass or feeling sorry for yourself, moaning about how hard your life is.
    I have it hard- maybe moreso than most but I hardly complain.
    This Father's Day, I'm sending the obligitory card but don't think for a second I care about you. That ship has not just sailed but has hit a rock and sunk to the depths of a black ocean.
    You may be my father but you are not my daddy.

Whew... glad I got that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Boy
    I don't know why I've agreed to this. Honestly I'm not really in the mood and I gave up on all this stuff a long time ago. It's going to be a disaster I can feel it. Opposites attract? I'm not too optimistic. I apologise for disappointing you in advance.

Me.

H,

Sorry for everything. If I could take back the past and the pain, I would, in a heartbeat. :(

P,

Rawr! ;)

D,

Hurry up and catch up with me already! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

to my redhead,
    you are sitting here beside and you don't realise what an influence the last three days has been on how I have been feeling for you.

In love all over again, thank you red, you don't know how lost and unsure I was feeling but your actions over the last three days have re-opened my eyes as to why i love you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

F,

You brighten up my day so much. You're funny, great to be around and you're bloody gorgeous. I can't wait to spend Saturday afternoon/night with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear you,

Stop breaking your promises to yourself and him and just lose the weight already. You know it'll make you happier so why can't you just do it? You have no willpower whatsoever! Just do it! And you do deserve him.

Love, me.

Dear You

You've broken me. You've finally done it.

Are you happy now? Now that you've had the final word?

Because I'm not. I'm sitting here crying and hating myself for caring. I don't want to feel this way about you, I don't want to fall in love with you. You don't deserve it.

I was told to get you out of my life, told you'd stop me getting better. But I didn't, I kept hanging on and hoping that you'd come through for me. Hoping that you'd want me despite it all. Hoping that you'd see I'm still me and not judge me for something everyone keeps saying wasn't my fault.

If it really wasn't my fault, then why am I suffering so much for it? And why have I lost you over it?

I'm done. I'm leaving. There's nothing more for me here. I don't know where I'm going but I'm walking out of this office right now and I'm walking out of this life.

You'll never hear from me again. Just know, this will always still with me. It's fcuking killing me. It's tearing me into pieces that were already ripped to shreads. I have nothing left to give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear Chucky

Only 3 more sleepies and then I get to see you for 3 whole days :)

Me xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Just hold it together and we'll get past this.
    Just keep fighting my love, don't you dare give up.
    I love you and I'm with you for always.
    xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

To Lu,

I fell so hard for you 3 years ago and we're still going.. stronger than ever but im so scared of losing you, im so scared that you're going to get fed up of all my anxiety about everything! I know we are only young but you told me you want to spend the rest of your life with me you even gave me a jelly ring and that made me the happiest girl in the world! Im sorry for being a bit of a mess.. im working on it! Your the best thing that ever happened to me.. you are my best friend, the only person I can talk to! I got really screwed over by my so called "friends" in college and the last two years there have been pretty crap and I know that took it's toll on us because I brought you down with me.. when you're friends were proper friends to you and I guess im jealous, I get jealous when your friends call you to go out with them or just visit them because I dont have that, I could probably go days without talking to anyone, it's sad but true! Im really going to try next year, do silly things and make loads of effort with people, not put instant walls up around me and have fun, but most importantly im going to make you proud, im going to be the fun carefree girl you fell in love with.

Love always,
    C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear me,
    calm the hell down love!

love, me.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Michael,

I wish you'd now make half the effort you made whilst chasing me. We were so happy a few months ago, always smiling and laughing and I can barely remember the last time you made me really smile.

You've questioned why I have gone distant with you, it's because you'd bruised my heart so much and I fear you're going to break it into a million pieces. I was crazily in love with you, but it seems to have faded due to the fact you only pay attention to me when it suits you or you're after something.

I would simply ask you to love me like you did or end "us" entirely, this half and half carry on is crippling me

Wendydoll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear D,
    I don't know where to start. I love you, suprising myself, I love you so very much. In the weird twisted way that it is, I want to be with you and imagine my life with you. You are everything to me. I just wish I had enough self esteem that I wasn't always looking to you for reassurance and pushing you away. I do love you.
    This break is meant to be a good thing, we can sort our **** out, I can concentrate on getting better, and I can finally be happy. But I still want to be with you. It's only been one day and I miss you already. I am trying to be strong, but you make me weak.
    I hope you'll realise how much I love you and start appreciating me more.
    Love always,
    L

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tweety30

dear x y z
    I should have listened to u when u said dont get married, now, im the same as you lonley, angrey and possibly with an autistic child.and a terrible mum, who doesnt know how to have a good realationship with her kids, as my mum was terrible to me, i dint know how to be a mum.i kind get the feeling history is repeating itself here, im stuck in the world and can do nothing about it. husband gone working all week, absolutlley doesnt give a continental ****e, and as for his family, they drive me nuts!!! middle finger up to the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

My portia

You are theeeee greatest thing ever. Nothing makes sense without you. I'll never take you for granted. I never want you to have a day of unhappiness. I love you ladybird x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Dear Dad,

Please keep fighting this. I know you can't hear us but we are all here for you. I know you can do it, your body is just having a little rest. I love you so much and can't wait to have you back so you can tell us all to feck off and stop worrying!

M x x x

Dear God,

I know I'm crap at religion and only ask you for help when the **** hits the fan and I always say I'll go to mass and stuff, but this time I really really need a break. Please help my Dad get better, he's having a really tough time right now and he's a good person, he's been through so much already, 3 times, that's so unfair. Please make him ok.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

“You're reaching out
    And no one hears you cry
    You're freaking out again
    'Cause all your fears
    Remind you another dream has come undone
    You feel so small and lost like you're the only one
    You wanna scream 'cause you're
    Desperate
    You want somebody, just anybody
    To lay their hands on your soul tonight
    You want a reason to keep believin'
    That someday you're gonna see the light
    You're in the dark
    There's no one left to call
    And sleep's your only friend
    Well even sleep
    Can't hide you from all those tears
    And all the pain and all the days
    You wasted pushin' them away
    It's your life, it's time you face it ”

To the Angels,
    to my Angels and all the Angels in the universe

Thank you for being by my side and helping me to date. I need extra help now more than ever and I call upon you to come and help me.

I was on the receiving end of what I strongly think were lies. The man I was with betrayed my trust and told me an excuse but he never rectified it. So I was told one thing but my head was telling me different. He ran as fast as lightening leaving me reeling in all that.

I'm so confused. Please Angels, come and help me. I'm at my wits end. My mind is killing me. I need something concrete.

If he's genuine - help him fix it with an action. And soon. Very soon.
    If he's not genuine and he did lie to me - I need to know. Help him to be honest and help him set me straight. Or give me another sign. Or something.

I need to close this chapter so that I can move on.

Please help.

From the Angel admirer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

"Don't know how else to put this
    It's taken me so long to do this
    Falling asleep and I can't see straight
    My muscles feel like a melee
    Body's curled in a u shape
    I put on my best but I'm still afraid.."

Please listen to me. I don't know how else to say it without being a bitch and hurting you. I wish you'd see and stop making excuses.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dear me,

You know you've been feeling crappy since the weekend, and you also know how to feel better. So once you're done typing this post you're going to make a list of the things you have to/want to do. I promise it's not as long as you think it is.

Then you're going to get one or two things ticked off it.

Later you're going to go for a walk and remind yourself that you don't need strangers to like you. You'll remember that you're a good person and you are good at some of the things you enjoy, and that even if you weren't, the point is that you enjoy them.

You won't let your enjoyment be spoiled by schoolyard-style power games, you will stand outside that, just as you did in the actual schoolyard, but this time you'll know that none of that crap matters. And you will remember that.

xx
    Me

(PS, put "ring the osteopath" on top of that list. pls and tnku)

Dear Dee,

You can get off your high horse now and stop being a bitch. I am happy, whether you think it or not. You don't know me, you don't spend enough time gteting to know and then have the cheek to tell me i'm not happy. Well, I am. If you want to see me happy, see me more, talk to me more, you can't judge my happiness on seeing me once every blue moon. No, so you can't say I'm not the old me or I'm not happy. Anyway, the old me has gone. She is gone, and the new me is more grown up and able to deal with things better. So don't be looking for her, and start to notice the new me. If you can't, I don't know if I can waste my energy on trying to me someone who I used to be, just for you.

Start looking, and stop waiting, to notice how I've changed. I've changed for the better. I'll never be the same person I was before, and honestly, I'm glad because that person has so many issues hidden and now they're out in the open and I am dealing with them. You really don't help sometimes.

So, please, stop saying "when you get back to your happy self", because I am there. You're just too blind to mnotice at the moment.

Thanks,
    L

Dear Self,

You've blown it!! You always blow it. You always come on too strong and they run away... he was a good one too :(

RELAX GIRL!!!! You dont have to be speaking to him all day every day.... calm down.

Whats the rush? Whats the hurry?!

Learn your lessons, how many more times has it to happen before you take responisbility?!

Sort it lady! You're too awesome to be acting like a desperado. Dont turn into one!

Self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

sarahbro wrote: »
    P,
    Goodbye. This time it's for good. I'm glad I met you and glad I loved you. I wish you all the best in your future.
    S

See now i'm mad!

You told me then that you were now in a relationship and it wasn't fair on her for us to be in contact.
    But it was ok for you to be in contact with me while i'm with him?!
    Screw you!!!

And now you email me this morning
    "hey how's things?"

It's none of your damn business how things are.

I have no need or room for you in my life anymore.
    I thought we were being adults and trying to be friends but you made me realise it can never work.
    I don't want it to work. You're not worth the effort.

I have everything I've ever wanted and more with him. I'm the happiest I've ever been. I'm getting married, buying a house, starting and family.
    I'm more loved than I have ever been.

Go away. Delete my number and email address. I never want to hear from you again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Dear me,

I think it's time for a well done :) It's been a really tough 10 months, and there was times you really wanted to give up, but you kept going and now we're out the other side :D You have a gorgeous apartment, brilliant job, going back to college in September for definite, new friends and most importantly, you opened up and your relationship is back on track :D Even he has said that you seem to have a better head on your shoulders, more optimistic :) So let's have a cuppa and have an afternoon of I rock :D Keep it up!

Love,
    Me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Dear Dad,

Please keep fighting. I love you. I know you can get better, please do.

M x x x

Dear God,

Thank you for that miracle this morning, it means so much to all of us. I definitely owe you a few masses for that. Sorry I lit the candle without paying, he really needs it, I hope you'll understand. Any of the easy healing type miracles would be most excellent. Please keep helping him. Thank you.

M

ps. I paid my candle debt. If you could please keep him safe tonight I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

I've secretly longed to be near you. I was so very wrong. I don't want to be related to you this way, to see you nor for you to see me again. I hate these blasted social obligations. I can't figure a way out of this one. It's all happening too fast. And now we'll have to get together at family gatherings, public events and their wedding next month. I don't want to do this, any of it. And nobody will understand why my love. If only I could run as far away as possible and never look back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear Das Kitty,

I'm a stranger and I like you.

Some strangers are mean, but don't lose faith in the nice ones.

Sarah

• Advertisement

X,

You don't deserve to be happy. You don't deserve the things you want in life. You may be on top of the world right now but never ever forget what a selfish, manipulative, callous, pathetic excuse for a human being you are. I may be bitter at times but at least I treat the people in my life well, and don't just use them like you do.

I just hope one day it all comes crashing down for you.

Advertisement