Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Life/Universe/God,

I know this seems incredibly ungrateful, as there are literally billions of people so much more worse off than me. But I feel like I just can't take much more. I need a break. Recently, I thought things were turning around but what's happening now is making me believe things will never get better.

I always usually try to focus on the positives but that's been hard lately. I know lots of people have it tougher and everyone has their own battles going on, but I know so many people that seem to sail through life, while for the past few years I've had one big knock after another. And I know that you never know what's really going on in people's lives, but judging by the "problems" that I listen to some people moan about, there are some people living a charmed life.

I hate how I'm coming across in this. Defeated, negative, jealous. This isn't me. It's just a very bad day with raging hormones and loneliness on top of the most recent crisis. And this one really is a crisis. No-one sees this side, for the past few weeks I've been keeping positive and strong for everyone else. But now and again when I'm alone that just crumbles.

I know I say I can't take much more, but realistically if there's more hardship coming my way of course I'll take it, because what else can I do? But please, please consider giving me a break. I feel like I'm being punished for something, it's been so many years since I've been happy. I'm a good, kind person. Even to have someone to give me a hug at the end of one of the many horrible days and tell me well done for coping and that things will get better.

Pretty please?

Dear friends,

Sometimes I think you're all amazing and other times, like now, I feel like it's all very one sided. I keep a lot of things to myself so I don't think any of you know how unhappy I am and how truly awful the past 3 years have been. But I've told some of you about what's going on at the moment. And yeah, you've all been sympathetic. But you know what, there are times when someone needs more than "let me know if you need anything". Because as someone that's been through a lot of stuff, I know that no matter how awful you feel it's very hard to admit that and ask for help, or a distraction.

I haven't heard from any of you since telling you, and the most hurtful part is that if this was reversed you all know that I'd be more pro-active. I'd drag you out and make you do something. I wouldn't make you talk about it if you didn't want to, but I'd just happen to be in touch more than usual. But here I am, sitting alone on a Saturday afternoon sobbing my heart out. And you'd all be horrified if you knew that! Me, who you all say is so strong and resilient. But I'm not strong enough to admit how hard this is and ask for help. Or even some company. Or maybe I feel like I shouldn't have to ask.

Dear me,

Chin up. You've been through worse and you can do it again. The end has to be in sight, surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Dear Dad,

Every minute is another little step forward. You are doing good, keep fighting please, you are the best Dad, I'm so proud of you and I love you. Everyone we know is praying for you, even me, I reckon God is still in shock hearing from me.

M x x x

Dear God,

Thank you for last night's sleep. Three candles today - fully paid. Please keep helping my Dad we all really appreciate it. He deserves to make it and enjoy living.

M

Dear Mr. X

I think it would be more cathartic if I posted a message here instead of sending a short sarky txt which would may only serve to sever any thread of connection left between us. Tomorrow, with the day thats in it, might be difficult for you and I don't want to possibly distress you. I do remember what you told me about him.

Anyway, basically, I can't really comprehend how you could freeze me out after 3 months of chatting about everything and anything.. the mundane to the significant. You were open to speaking about anything. It was great to have the freedom to chat like that. You listened to me ramble on. I offered support when you had that personal issue recently and you told me I helped you alot. We even spoke for over 5 hrs once..
    Now I think perhaps this exchange of personal detail was nothing to you, being in your profession and all...

I try to rationalise things and think something out of your control happened to cause your silence now, like the last time.. but I'm probably just making excuses for you at this stage. Perhaps I could send you a txt and inquire about how you are and put my mind at rest in case anything happened to you, but I know that I would only look foolish and desperate..
    I thought you different from the others I had the misfortune of getting in contact with... that you were genuine and upfront. I really did.

Our last conversation was stilted and awkward as I sensed your reluctance and apprehension over possible changing circumstances thwarting any chance of meeting.
    I expressed my hope for meeting and left my cards on the table and you refrained from truly revealing yours, instead stating abruptly we would talk about it tomorrow.. Unfortunately for me, inevitable silence reigns supreme and I kinda feel like I've been stood up. I sent you a message anyway, saying it's ok and best of luck. I just can't be vindictive or negative. It's not in my nature, as you know.
    You still haven't responded. That was well over a week ago. I wish I could say I didn't cry but I did.
    Perhaps it was just the disappointment of not meeting, or missing chatting, or just the loss of an idealistic notion of a happy ending.

Some part of me is wondering are you adopting a 'wait and see' approach and you'll contact me when things are settled. But that doesn't excuse you from just completely ignoring me for the time being.

I hope in a few weeks I'll look back on this and laugh and think what the heck was I getting worked up over?! For now I'll just be content that I've relayed the situation here and thats enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear Mr.God,

Right, so we don't talk very often me and you. To be fair, in an effort to make up for it, I do call you Mr.
    I've asked some big favours in the past and you've delivered, and in return I've tried to be a good person for the vast majority of the time.
    I guess this is a form of a thank you, and another request.
    You took two of my friends in the last few years, two young lovelies who were too young to go but you got them. Mr God, I'm not a practicing catholic and I don't agree with much of their doctrine, but I found myself drawn to going to mass about the last one; and thats what made me cry most of all when you took him; I felt so desperate and at a loss with the world that I found myself being one of those turn to religion people and I wasn't sure why. Anyway, Mr. God, I digress.
    This in a form is like God bless mammy, God bless daddy. You've given me amazing parents, wonderful kind giving people who love and are loved. And to be honest in the last year, you've been a bit of a horror to them. If you have to give my daddy cancerous stuff, can you please not give mammy the mental issues, and the company the financial ones? The thing with littlebro was bad enough....
    So Mr. God I want you to bless my daddy. Make him better, make him happier, let him sleep sounder at night. If you want to provide me with more hours in work to get him that break for his birthday that I'm thinking of, that'd be nice too, but we'll figure that one out. He's a total star, he deserves to be happy.
    While you're at it, I know I'm asking a lot, and I know this is like a mad Santa letter for stale cookies and half drank milk, but foxinsox has a sick daddy too. And if you can heal one, give a shout out to the other please.

Hope you're having a lovely day Mr. God,

I'll light a candle soon.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You were there when I said my first words, took my first steps, flew my first kite and helped me with my first wobbly bike ride without stabilisers. You dropped me off on my first at day school, offered encouragement on my first day at college and support on my first day at work.

It seems so long ago now, that you and I so unexpectedly shared your last minutes in this world, that I organised my first funeral and carried my first coffin.

And now I face my first fathers day without you, equipped with the knowledge that you have instilled in me the strength and courage to deal with whatever the day throws my way.

Happy Father's Day Daddy :)

(* Sorry, seemed the most appropriate place to post)

• Advertisement

Dear Dad,

Happy Fathers Day x I have your card here, so you can open it when you get home. Keep fighting, I know you can do it. Every hour it will get easier for you. I'm so proud of you for being so strong. Can't wait for you to wake up, don't be scared, we are all here for you. Wait til you hear about all the fabulous people minding you, forget about a crate of wine, I think we will need to buy them a vineyard. Love you, get better please. We miss you.

M x x x

Dear God,

Yep, that was me at mass! You weren't seeing things. Your church is all fancy and painted now, hope you like it. Thanks for the sleep last night and for keeping Dad safe last night. Please keep helping him get better, I really think he deserves to be ok, he's a good man.

Please be good to all the sick Dads today. Thank you.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Dear strangers that I met on a sad Sunday morning in a maternity hospital, where I was many years ago to get the morning after pill.

You were there with your daughter, she was pregnant, maybe she had an appointment, maybe she was trying to keep her baby, while I was alone and distraught and trying to stop myself getting pregnant. I cried and you comforted me. You showed me kindness and compassion. You probably have forgotten me, and I would not know you if I met you. But I have never forgotten your kindness.

Thank you so much for your kindness.

I was going through so much. I was so alone. You bought me tea and told me I would be alright. You helped with simple kindness.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Dear Dad,

You can wake up now, it is ok, you've had a tough time the last while. Sorry to be driving you mad but you have to wake up now. I'll see you later. Keep fighting, love you.

M x x x

Dear God,

Thank you for all your help so far, apologies for wrecking your head but I really need you to keep helping my Dad. Could you please help him wake up now, if possible with no pain. Please don't let him be scared in there on his own or when he wakes up. Please look out for my Mam too, she's so worried and worn out. Me and you could be great pals after all this chatting.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear P and T,

Im sorry im not what you want me to be.....im just sorry :(

x

Dear A,

I cant wait to see you, but i am so worried when we finally see each other again, that things will be different than they used to be. Im worried about that you wont like me the same way as you used to. Im worried that it wont be the same and we have been just romanticizing this thing we have in our head! It just makes me so sad to think about! :(

M.

There are times when I look through old photos and I see ones of my Granny and I think about how much I wish she was still alive or else that I was older while she was around so I could have appreciated her so much more. A few weeks ago I went back to her house, where my uncle lives now, for the first time really since she died and it was so strange walking around and seeing everything from the perspective of an adult; everything seemed so small and all the memories I had came flowing back. It makes me feel a tiny bit emotional.

Her freezer would always be stocked full of icepops for us and her freshly baked scones and farrels were, by far, the best thing you could ever taste.

So, Granny, I miss you. You were the best anyone could ask for and I genuinely wish you were still here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

N,
    Please call me, or text me. :-( I wanna know where the f I stand or where we're going if anywhere. And the other night when you rang me I wasn't pissed off, it was actually nice to hear your voice again.

Dear E,

You are honestly the most amazing person in the world. Yes, that's very cheesy but it's true. You put up with so much from me but never complain. You're always there to take the time out to talk to me and make me feel better. I've lost count of the number of times I've called you up in tears over something or other and you've managed to make it all go away. Even when I'm not entirely sure what the tears are for in the first place. You're always there for me no matter what, even if you're out with friends or busy. You are my rock. Without you, I'd be nowhere. Whatever this dark spell is about, I can forget about it when I'm talking to you or with you. When I tell you all this, you just laugh and go "Ah, of course I'd do that for you, you're my girlfriend." No, there's no of course about it. Nobody else would do this for me, and not everyone would do it for someone just because she's their girlfriend. You're truly fantastic and I wish I could be more like you.

I love you,

B xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Dear Grandad,

I miss you so much, you are still the first person I think each morning.

I wish you were here with us an that you could see J growing up and share our joy with us. He would have loved him, you eould walked him up the garden and sat him on the bench under your chestnut tree an told him all the wonderful stories from your head, just like you did for me.

Sometimes when I think about you my heart aches and my throat lumps up. I still light you a candle whenever I can, to thank you for gettin me through a healthy pregnancy, passing exams and most of all for looking over my beautiful boy. I know your watching over us all and thank you Grandad.

Love you always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

Guiltfree wrote: »
    Dear E,

It's you, not me. It never was me either.

For years I have felt guilty about how things finished between us, thinking that I was the terrible person who hurt you like that. That I was the one who was bullying and belittling. That I was the monster.

But it's you. You're actually really stupid for someone who's so intelligent. I now know that there are so many others like me that you blame for mistreating you, but it's really you, mistreating yourself by hurting others. The time for sympathy has come and gone. Long gone, in fact. You need to grow up. This can't continue. For your own sake as well as those around you (or the ones that remain, for now), stop. Just stop. Please.

Dear D,

You're right. It never was you. Drop me a line, please?

E

Mods: Posted this unregged a minute ago, but decided I probably should post from my own account, so you can delete that if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Dear S

You haven't contacted me since Christmas because you don't agree with my life choices and that is fine, I have come to terms with it and don't feel angry, you have to do what you have to do.

I do get angry though that you have called me out of the blue 6 months on. Don't pretend you have any interest in me or my kids or how we are getting on, just admit the only reason you called was because you need me to mind your child because all the other people you called were busy. I'll do it for him because he's a great kid and I miss him but you are a nasty person and the sooner everyone sees through you the better.

m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

K,

I really don't know what your problem with me is but I have had enough of being bullied. Please just stop. You should know that nobody takes you seriously and you're just being a pain, just please go.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

You are so amazing. You light me up, and make me laugh so hard that I end up with tears rolling down my face. You're supportive and kind and caring and yet you're not a pushover. You're challenging and interesting. You're there for me when I need you, through every up and down that I've had since we met. I have never met anyone like you.

Thank you so much for coming into my life.

I hope you never doubt how much I much I love you - you mean the world to me and it hits me like a tonne of bricks at least once a week how lucky I am.

Dear Nana,

I can't believe it's been five years since I kissed you goodbye! I don't think about you every day, but I do think about you every week. I often dream about you, and the weird thing is that in my dreams, I always know that you're supposed to be dead, and I'm always thrilled I've another chance to talk to you.

A couple of months ago I was cleaning out some old papers, and I found all the letters you'd written me when I was in Australia. I cried so hard when I read the bit where you said you were counting the days till you saw me walking up the path again. I'm crying now :) but it's not as painful anymore, and I know you'd want that.

So - I took your advice and married her, and she told me that you'd advised her to marry me too, you sneaky nana! And of course, you were right. It's brilliant. We have a little boy now, and he knows all about you. And your daughter is now nana, and she loves it. Whenever we pass by your house I tell him that's where his daddys nana used to live and that daddy loves his nana as much as he loves his nana.

When I was down in N___ recently, I saw a book about the town in the 40s and 50s. There was you on the first page, confidently striding towards the camera at a race meeting. You would have been recently widowed and under huge pressure to give up grandads business and marry again, but you didn't. You ran the business yourself and you made it bigger and better. Amazing. I hope I have your strength.

What I wouldn't give for a cup of tea and a smoke with you, just one more time. I don't smoke anymore, but I'd make an exception for you. Anything for you, my lovely nana.
    I hope you're in heaven with grandad and your little son, and I hope you can see me and my family. I hope I make you proud. I love you.

c
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Dear D

I Cant believe how selfish you were. Yes your life may have been tough but you didnt need to do that. All you had to do was open up. We woulda all been there to help you, but no, you decided to do it alone and where did that get u only 6 foot under. Your funeral was the hardest thing ive ever done, I was strong and help myself together until today but i cant do it anymore. I Mightnt have always text you but you were always in the back of my mind, it wrecked my head friday night as to why u rang me outta the blue, now i know.
    i will miss you til the day i die. i love you so much lad :)
    but at this moment in time, i want you to come back so i can kick the **** outta you for hurting everyone like this,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Happy Birthday Granny, never forget, day before my own.
    Not even a year gone, still miss you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

You're it... You complete me... You are the one... You float my boat...
    Thank You for coming into my life.... Can't wait to see our future...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DazzleMe

Dear J,

We're best friends, and you love me.
    There's just one problem, you're not in love with me.
    I try my best to pretend that were only ''just good friends''.
    I tell you everything, ( well apart from the me loving you bit :P ).
    There is no one in the world I trust more, the thing is it really sucks how
    I can't tell you how I feel, I know that it would end our friendship.

It feels so good to finally tell someone at last.

Thanks J, for everything x

Dear Dad,

Please keep fighting, I know you are wrecked, but you have to keep fighting. We all love you and we are here for you. I know you heard me today, I love you and can't wait for you to be better. Keep fighting and don't worry about anything, we're all ok. Just breathe easy and please wake up. I love you so much.

M x x x

Dear God,

Seriously? Please help him, I'd do anything to make him better. Give him a break please, it's just one thing after another, he doesn't deserve this. He is a good man and always thinks of others first. He's been through so much already. Please help him wake up and be ok. Please don't let him be scared or in pain. Please do something. Thank you.

PS please mind my mam, she's exhausted

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Thinking of you fox.

Your dad seems like a real fighter! xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear Universe

I'm a big believer in making my own luck but seriously, i need a fuppin sign, something. Im sick of waiting to hear and it not turning out well.

Me.

Dear Love,

Where the **** are you? Seriously?

I've waited years. I've literally been waiting since I was a little girl. And I am not a patient person.

I'm a proud person. I pretend it means less to me than it does. Although lately the cracks are beginning to show, and that scares me, because I don't want to be a charity case. I don't want anyone's pity. I want to keep my pride and keep my self-respect but I want to be hopeful and vulnerable enough to find you.

It's such a tricky combination. Vulnerable enough to face rejection, hurt, pain and all that lovely stuff; hopeful enough to keep a smile on my face even after all that happens, after I've been shot down once again and my hopes have been dashed for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time this year. Is it that I'm not loveable? Am I too complicated for you?

I do everything I think is expected of me to seek out someone who could lead me to you. I'm pretty. I take care of myself. I work hard at work, I work hard in the gym. I help people. I'm friendly. I wear nice clothes. Nice makeup. I have ambitions. I travel. I go to parties.

I just keep facing the same situation over and over again.

Girl meets boy. Girl falls for boy. Girl says nothing. Boy meets another girl.

Or what about this one: girl meets boy, girl sleeps with boy, girl never hears from boy again. Or girl meets boy, boy plays around with girl, boy meets someone he actually wants to be with, girl never sees boy again.

Seriously Love, give me a good experience. Show yourself to me before I truly give up, stop shaving and buy myself a family of cats. I'm young, but I feel like I'm just a step away from it. I'm tired of putting on a happy face. I'm tired of 'achieving', yet feeling like a big, fat failure in my love life. I'm tired of men looking at me when I know they will never approach, because I seemingly have a neon light flashing above my head warning the male species to STAY AWAY.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bothered. The actual fact is that my greatest fantasy, my greatest ambition in life, has always been to have someone's hand to hold. I go to bed every night wondering what it would feel like to have someone to hold me as I sleep. Something most people at my age seem to take for granted, and it's something I haven't had for years, and even then it was momentary.

God Love, cut me a break. I'm a good person. I have a lot to offer. I have a lot to give in return for you. Why do you continue to elude me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yet again I feel like I'm being ignored and I'm not wanted. How long does it take to reply to a text? Like seriously, it take one minute tops. I just wanted someone to talk to or to even acknowledge me but apparently that's too much to ask. Thanks.

Dear M
    You've fcuked with my head. I'm falling for you when I shouldn't be, but I like it a lot. You take my breath away. I want you so much. You make me feel so beautiful and it's a long time since I have felt that way. I've got tingles in my tummy. I think you are falling for me too.

I know we can never be together and that's ok because I think if we were it wouldn't be the way it is now.

If I could some it up in one word, it would be "wow"

xx

Dear Dad,

You are doing great. Keep calm and breathe easy. You will be ok, I know you are probably scared but please believe us, you will be ok. It just took a bit longer than planned but it all went well. You are just wrecked now but every hour makes you stronger. Don't worry about anything, just try and rest. We all love you.

M x x x

Dear God,

Thank you very much for helping my Dad, sorry to be bugging you again but I would really appreciate if you can keep doing what you have been doing. Please don't let him be in pain or frightened. If you can help with his breathing and temperature I'd really like that. Don't worry, I remember about all the prayers, candles and masses I owe you, I won't let you down. So please help me out here. Thanks.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 kanedaly60

M

I'm sorry I was in a foul mood with you earlier, there was a miscommunication there. I think we just keep getting better. Can't believe what can change in two months. Nobody else has the ability to make me feel like you do. Honestly.
    I must have it bad.

Me,

Would ye ever lay off the fags, get exercising, but also cut yourself a break. You dive in too fast and then don't make progress. These things take time dear. Get it together or you'll drive yourself even more nuts....

Advertisement