Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

J,

I don't know what I'd do without you. You're my rock and I love you very much. I want to be there for you as much as you have been for me, I hope you know that. Things will be okay in the end, everything will work out for you.

Bisous,

WinterSong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

J,

You've only left yesterday. I screwed it all up. I'm lying here in this apartment and it's just complete torture without you. You are the nicest person I have ever met. I never even realized there was people out there like you and knowing you has changed me for the better.

I know it hasn't been the same the last few months and you say you still love me so much but we just don't make each other happy anymore and it's what's for the best in the long run as we both deserve to be happy. Deep down I know you may be right because there has been many times over the last while I felt like I should end it too but I never could have due to the fact I couldn't and still can't stand the idea of not seeing your face everyday anymore.

I never realized it would be this hard... Truth is I also know I took you for granted. I never thought you would actually leave especially after all we have gone through together and all you have done for me. I've never had some one care for me like you have and treat me like you have. You say I never talked enough about the future, "our future" but look at everything I have gone through and done to be here just to be with you away from everyone. Surely that counts for more than words??

I thought we were stronger than this. Even with the tension lately I never saw an end to us I always pictured myself with you and you with me. I can't imagine my life without you anymore... I don't want my life to be without you!!

I will see you Sunday and we will sort out the details and arrangements of whats going to happen, but all I want is another chance to try make this work. You say your 100% certain this is what is best for both for us. So Im going to have to respect what you think is best for yourself and sit there trying to hold it together and keep my dignity cause I want you to be happy you deserve that more than anyone I've ever known but I just wish I had one more chance to make this work and for it to be me making you happy cause I know deep down I never tried hard enough to make you purely happy I was selfish a lot of the time looking out for myself sometimes when I should have put you first.

I also know I have a temper I need to learn to control better and a lot of our arguments were also down to me, my issues and inner anger more than you. I've always known that.

I feel like my chest has been ripped open. I didn't realize it would/could ever feel this bad. This is written all over the place, I just wish you knew how I felt cause I know some of the problem was you thinking I didn't care enough... Pity it looks like I've learnt my lesson way to late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

To my beloved,

Stop beating around the bush.

We both know that I know there is a ring. We both know that it's imminent. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Because of you, I understand what love really is.

Also, I'm impatient and love shiny things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

D,

I know I told you that I hadn't missed you these three weeks, but that was a lie. I miss you like crazy. I miss knowing how you are, the sound of your laugh and seeing your name pop up on the screen of my phone. I even miss fighting with you for the blanket in bed at night.

I don't miss constantly having to reassure you though. I don't miss being pushed away, tested. It wasn't fair. It was emotionally draining, and as much as missing you hurts me now, your niggling doubt in me was always worse.

Take care of yourself.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Dear Dad,

I know you are feeling bad, I wish I could make it all better. I know it has been really hard on you. You have to keep fighting this, please do. I miss you like mad. The doctors and nurses are doing everything they can to help you get better. Don't be scared, we all love you and can't wait for you to be better. Keep fighting this and breathe easy. I love you.

M x x x

Dear God,

Could you please give him a break, he really doesn't need this. Please help him breathe easy. He really is a good man and has been through so much the last few weeks. I'm begging you please help my Dad get better. He is such a great Dad and I love him. He really needs your help. Thank you.

M

• Advertisement

Dear .
    I don't know if you're hurting, I imagine I meant nothing to you and my words were about as meaningless as I was but I wanted them to hurt because it would mean you would have to recognise my existence.
    I cared so much. You knew I did and you were happy to let me go on caring because all the while I was giving you just what you wanted. Someone you didn't have to care about back. Someone who made your life a little easier, more enjoyable without ever having to think about anyone else.
    I watched you grow stronger as I fed your ego and as your confidence soared I celebrated your achievements, even as my own life suffered. My family drifted further away, the loss of my job was insignificant to you and the absolute heartache I endured watching you, the person I loved, holding someone elses hand was just another thing for you to revel in. Even then I still managed to be happy for you. I gave you things I could not give myself and things you couldn't dream of ever giving me.
    I knew when I last saw you that I gave you too much. You were like Icarus and I knew it was only a matter of time before your wings would melt. You were so happy, you were too happy and I knew you were going to crash. When you played with those men for your own enjoyment, I knew you had gone too far. I tried even then to care, I tried gently hitting the brakes but you still had hold of the wheel and you had no intention of stopping. You fcuked with them the same way you fcuked with me. That was the day I finally stopped caring.

I know the ride is over. My words were anger at the knowlege of that. And how reckless I realised you were with the lives of those around you. I hope they hurt because you really needed to hear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

always two sides :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear C

I only left you yesterday and miss you like mad. Won't get to see you this weekend and its killing me already.

In a weird way though its a relaxed feeling cos you feel the same. And when you said how i felt the other night its like you took the words out of my head and mouth and spoke them.

You are quite simply epic.

Fi xx xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I'm just so sad and angry at you right this moment!

Please stop hurting me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Sound asleep for ages and then, bang!, the familiar chest burn, a coughing fit and an hour of wheezing. Go away asthma! Let me sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Trying to explain myself nicely is clearly not working. I'm sorry but I'm going to be blunt. I don't want to hurt you but you need to hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear(ha!) D,
    Go screw yourself from a height. Seriously? Have you met her? She is a wonderful person who gave you so many chances, was the best person she ever could be for you. Changed herself for you and put up with all of your crap. She should have been gone at the point you "hesitated". You never deserved her, you annoying little child - thats all you are really, I know 12 year olds with more maturity.
    She is MY lovie and you have screwed her over for the last time - it doesn't matter that its over, it matters that its HER, OF ALL PEOPLE.

You should know better you spineless prick.

L.

A,
    You're as bad if not worse. Some friends ye are.

L.

C,
    Please just let things go back as they were....
    Love,
    L.

My wee smurf

I love you so, so much and I feel so helpless!!! I don't know what to do! Everytime I fix something, something else happens! I've spent so many years trying to be a mother for you, and failing, but now I feel like I'm not even being a good sister! I don't have the money this time, I just don't have it and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help. I keep giving and giving but it's not enough. We need help, we need someone to look after us, I need someone to look after me for a change. I know it's selfish, god I know it is and I feel like such a weak nasty person for saying it - but I need help too. I'm trying to hard to get my life back together and recover from everything that happened, but trying to deal with this on top of it is tipping me over the edge! I love you so much and it kills me to see you unhappy, I'd do anything for you! Part of me is thinking I need to cancel my psych apt this week and send the money to you instead, but if I don't go I feel like I'll do something stupid! What use would I be to you then?! I don't know what to do!!!!!!

I love you so much it hurts, I can't imagine ever loving a child of my own more than I love and care for you. And this is making me feel like such a failure. You need me, you have no-one and I told you I'd always be here - but Jesus I don't even want to be in this life anymore!!!! You're all that keeps me going.

I just need someone to look after me too. I feel like my world is falling apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Karma's a bitch and I'm glad it caught up with you...

Miami guy,

We should have just left it at that night in New York. We should have left the mystery, the magic, the serendipity of the whole encounter to hang in the air so that I could just keep it as a memory that makes me smile.

But no. I had to email you. I had to get to know you. I had to spend lazy days in the office emailing you, getting butterflies every time you popped up in my inbox, every time the phone rang and I heard your voice. Your laugh. I had to hope, I had to start to fall. I had to find out from a third party that you were married. I had to feel duped, stupid, foolish like some naive, smitten school girl.

And you had to come back into my life. Months later, when your wife called it a day. I had to defy my intelligence and cop on and get sucked back into your world, spending hours talking to you on the phone, laughing with you, talking about work, home, life, love, everything I had no business talking to a recently separated man about because it was all just a bit of light-hearted entertainment for you.

I had to care. I had to want you. When all you ever wanted was the thrill of knowing you had some young Irish chick in the palm of your hand, knowing that you still 'have it', right?

Because now you're gone. Silent. No explanation. Just tumbleweed in the place you used to occupy in my phone, my inbox, my heart. I know it's my fault. I know I'm an idiot for wanting, for believing, for taking you at face value when you said that we'd spend your birthday together. It's nearly the end of July and where are you? Back playing happy families with wifey?

I wish we had left it at that night in New York. Maybe that way I would still believe that you can be just living your life, just getting on with it and then all of a sudden out of nowhere BOOM! there's a stranger standing across from you who you feel like you've known forever. There's a stranger standing beside you, holding your hand, kissing you and the room is on fire. It's like nothing you've ever experienced and all those fears and cynical little beliefs you've developed over the years evaporate into thin air.

I wish it had started and ended that night. At least that way I might still believe in magic. I'm not sure what I believe anymore.

I'm so fed up of making an effort. You let on that you want to be my friend but when it comes to the crunch you have no interest. Do you just pretend for the sake of it? Do you get pleasure out of making it seem to everyone else like you're being such a kind person inviting me into your circle of friends? I suppose it makes you look like a generous person.

You've been good to me, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate everything you've done for me, but it all seems worthless when you won't make the effort with a proper personal friendship. It's all fine and well offering me help but when I offer the same in return, when I offer a friendly ear or a shoulder to cry on, when I want to arrange a lunch/dinner/cocktails/night in and it's just ignored and put off to some imaginary future time it just appears that we don't have a real friendship. It makes it seem like you're only doing what you do to make it seem to everyone else like you've welcomed me with outstretched arms when really you're trying to keep me at arm's length.

It makes me so sad because I've made the effort so many times. I give up now, there's only so much rejection a person can take until they start to feel like a mug.

So, I'm sitting here, at a train station where I don't need to be.

At 10pm, enjoying the stillness and silence.

Just my big fat pregnant belly, and me.

It's nice. :)

I'll miss this when it's gone!

What do you think hiding your head in the sand is going to achieve? Nothing is going to happen if you just sit back and let everything continue the way it is. I have offered you all the help you need, including legal help, and you still just insist that it's all grand and it'll get sorted out. It doesn't seem all grand and as though it's going to get sorted out when you return from the solicitor/accountant in a rage like your head is going to explode and I have to listen to you ranting and raving. As soon as I offer help or a constructive suggestion it all returns to being grand.

I'm sick of this. Get your head out of your arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

C,

Please get out of my head. You've had your time. Just please...

L.

Dear future prince charming,

I'd suggest using google maps or a reputable sat nav to hurry up your journey, and Aircoach over Bus Eireann every time....just get here!

A very cuddle wanting LMP.

<going unreg for this one>

X,

I really wish you werent so boring in bed, its killing me. I love you bits but the bland sex is getting to me at this stage. Im sick of suggesting things at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

What a pity. Terrible timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Why do you take me for granted? You put yourself and everyone else in front of me! After everything i've done for you. You treat me like no.100 on your list of important people and I treat you like no.1. I feel like we are a million miles away from what we used to be. You make me cry more times than you make me smile and I have no one to talk about this too... I think im going to write all my feelings down in a letter. I dont want to break up I just want to be loved again.

Dear World,

Wowza!
    Looking back Yes i do know why your giving me Mother natures fave gift 3 weeks late. because i'd have crack any sooner??
    June sucked. of all the suckiest months i've ever had to go thru, June was up there at no2.
    honestly.
    finished one stressful (but nice) thing in May, thought Oooh, its nice i've june to chillax a bit and a "holiday" in july.
    If fecking only.
    first world, u give me one thing, I go Oh, thats complete and utter sh*t , tried to take it in, Dont, then have to deal with the outfall, watching everyone else deal with it and not able to walk away even for an hour. this went on so long, yes i understand it had to.
    then its over.. but not really, we're given a break, and you give us no 2, was that a piss take?? seriously, how the fe*k was that fair, its **** and not!
    and so double trouble and see the effects of no 1 all over again for 10 days straight fresh. yes because i need to see it???

and then i was slightly surprised when i cant sleep, have nightmares when i do and am 3 weeks late with my period .
    right!
    Good thing i'm not a big drinker. or i'd be an alcoholic.
    i can deal with it, just cant deal with seeing others going through same. kills my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

You were my friend first, for years. And because my brother has recently come on the scene you have abandoned me, not bothered your hole with me for months and now u expect me to be happy you're home. You let me get a taxi home alone tonight even though you knew I couldn't afford it. But go act the way you do, you're just another in a long list of people I have trusted and been good to that take me for granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

B,

I'd give anything to be able to talk to you right now. You always make everything better, you always help me figure out what to do and you're a constant comfort to me when I need to be cheered up. I wish you were here, I wish I could hold you one more time. I miss you in ways I didn't even know it was possible to miss someone. It's a physical ache sometimes. I won't see you for so long but come home safe and well, please.

K. x

Oh how I laughed when you arrived over here today proclaiming that your life is on hold for the past 3 weeks waiting to hear news about moving abroad. Life on hold?! 3 weeks?! Try 9 months, nearly 10, of your whole life basically crumbling around you, having B's car sitting outside in the yard (and us constantly having to look twice when we think we see him sitting in it), surrounded by all of his things, the house falling down around us. Our lives, J's education, are on hold because of what you did. The house is falling apart, the farm is falling apart. You don't seem to realise how much it costs just to keep the farm in order even though it's no longer a working farm.

I really hate you and that is not a word I use lightly. There aren't a lot of people in this world that I hate but you are one of them. I've been told that it's not you, it's not your fault, that it's her getting in your ear but you are a grown man, you are your own person, the things you say come out of your mouth, you own the things you do. You are such a horrible horrible person. I don't wish any ill-will on you but I just don't want anything to do with you, just stay away from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

How many relapses does it take for me to cop on? I can't count, but obviously not enough :(

Dear M,
    When you had a boyfriend I was lucky to get a text message from you but when you broke up you started to send me text messages. I rang you one night and said why don't we go out tonight? That night you arrived a half an hour late to meet me. I asked you a few questions about was happening in your life. I then had to listen to you complain about how hard it is to meet someone. You never even asked me about the job interview I had or noticed I had lost weight. I rang you a few weeks after this as I had not heard from you. Since I last spoke to you have not sent me as much as a 10 cent text message.
    I have listened to you complain about you work, your family and lack of relationships and was there any night you needed to have some one to go out with. I have been a really good friend to you for years but you don't seem to notice this at all. I have also discovered that you lied to me when I asked you did you know ////. You did not want to talk about //// as you could not stand the though that I might have met someone when your on your own.
    I have decided that I am not going to ring you or send you anymore text messages. The next night you need someone to go out I am not going to be available.
    I don't like being used when you need some one but the sad thing is you have lost the best friend you will ever have and your to dumb to realise this.

Dear L
    Congrats on your pregnancy. When you told me about all you have gone through to get pregnant I knew you really wanted to have a baby. I know you will be a great mother.
    I won't tell the other people we know your good news. It is early days and you don't want people to know yet.
    I have only known you a short period of time but you will never know how much you helped me since the first day we meet. When I first meet you I was in a bad place and could not see any way out. Since then you have helped and supported me so much more than you will ever know. You have helped out so many people and they really like you as a person.
    I know that everyone will be delighted when they hear your news.
    I hope that everything goes well for you over the next few months and thank you for telling me your good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

C,
    This is exciting!!!! Its going really well, i cant get the stupid smile off my face, you're so so so so nice ..... im mad about you.
    Please dont turn out to be another twat.
    Kisses,
    SM

SM,
    You lucky lucky girl :D
    SM

Advertisement