Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'm so ridiculously glad that you have taken a job offer elsewhere. You ruined a harmonious workplace, a place that was home/ family to me, with your half cocked ideas and lack of leadership. Naturally letting us pick up the pieces... as usual. You showed me nothing but disrespect and had a total lack of appreciation. You showed absolute favouritism towards inadequate staff. If you taught me anything, it's that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. You actually made me lose the will to do my job, a job that I loved, was good at and proud of. A job I rarely had a bad word to say about, where I never had a complaint made about me. Until you came along and brought your cronies and turned it on its head. Well that's dispelled and now you're gone. Good riddance. Try not to **** up the next place as badly as ours. Oh yeah, and good luck... you'll need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

"A true friend's silence hurts more than an enemy's harshest words."

It's a saying I heard today, that really resonated.

I've been surprised, and disappointed, lately. :( Lessons to be learned for the future, I guess!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey you-who-decided-after-a-great-start-you-didn't-want-to-get-into-anything-after-all

It's hard to tell where the hurt and rejection ends and where the I-hate-my-thesis existential angst begins: I'm quite down on myself about everything right now - the life choices I've made, doing this f***ing PhD etc - and I suppose it would just be really nice to have someone around to cheer me up right now, rather than the kick in the teeth that you dealt me.

And I know that you didn't mean to hurt me, but the fact remains that you did. Is it too much to ask from life that I'd meet a nice guy who cares about me? Apparently it is, and that's a hard lesson to take. I just feel that all the fight, all the spark has gone out of me now and I just don't know how many more knocks I can take. Not many more, anyway.

I suppose this is just the reality of it now - you're not going to be texting me now and it's that silence, day after day, which is the worst. But I suppose that's just how it will be now. It's just hard though, when I compare it to back when you were texting me the whole time, so keen to see me.

It's not me, it's you? Well, it's obviously partly me at least, but my confidence was at such a low ebb beforehand anyway that this just reinforced that, really. In a way, I wish I could that thing from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind where I could wipe the memory of you entirely.

And look, I wasn't trying to force you into any grand passion. I just wanted to hang out with you, have fun, get to know each other better and yes, keep kissing you and all the rest. and it's just a crying shame that you didn't want to, because I wouldn't have done you wrong. However, it's immaterial what I think at this stage, since you wanted out. You have no idea how hard it's been for me for the past couple of years, for various reasons. And I wish you'd wanted to be a part of my life, that's all.

And so it looks like once again I'll have to dig myself out of this hole and somehow keep going with it all. I'm not entirely sure how to end this message. "Love?" Definitely not. "Yours?" Again, not entirely fitting.

I'll go with a neutral catch-all so.

Regards

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Maybe, just maybe, this is your fault, and not everybody elses.

NO ONE forced you to do what you did.

D,

I am so in love with you right now.

These past few weeks have been amazing and I am praying they continue.

Things have been bad for so long that I could never see the light at the end of the tunnel but here we are. Happy. It took a hell of a lot of work but we made it.

I love you more than words can say and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.

Your baby.
    xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm in tears. Why can't you be here? I need you to help me get him through this. I can't do it without you. I miss you.

Dear every female who has posted about an ex
    Thank you.
    Getting a deeper insight into your experiences with relationships has hammered home how i've messed up relationships in the past and played with people's feelings. Maybe it was naivety on my behalf thinking I was in the right when very clearly my own selfishness and wreckless behaviour most likely caused more pain than I ever bared to think. As much as I would love to say it was accidental, I know deep down I could have been more thoughtful and considerate about the way things were handled

Dear Me
    You are a good guy and I genuinely think you are beginning to develop a conscience. You are in a good place now with job, family and life. Don't ruin it but take more chances, you're afraid of whats out there even though you know you won't get anywhere worth going without taking a risk. Do it. Start focussing on your career and not being obsessed with being with a female, its superficial and narcissistic, wise up.
    C

Dear N
    Wow, 7 months have passed, I still think about you every day, even though we were an item for a such a short period of time you we're such an integral part of my life. Part of me thinks its Karma that things ended so badly. I've never really got closure from everything and maybe that's why I dont feel over you. I have been involved with so many people trying to get you out of my head, some amazing people, but for some reason your still there. I know we will never get back together and I know thats for the best but I still miss you. I really hope you have the best time when you start uni. You deserve it, and you deserve better, you will go far. Thanks for helping me mature and realise that people's feeling aren't disposable
    C

Dear T
    I hope your doing well, talking every day for 3 and half years, living in each others pockets then since the day we broke up not a word. The strangest thing I have ever known. We weren't right for each other and your reclusive behaviour towards the end was what pushed me away. Anyway, I hope your getting out there and not hiding away from the world. Maybe our paths will cross again some day.
    C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Trevor

I think of you everyday... drop me a text?

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Please stop acting so childish! This constant bitchiness is driving me crazy! If something is wrong then talk to me about it don't expect me to know what is going on in your head! This has been going on for 3 weeks now and i am fed up either grow up and start communicating or we both know this is going to turn into an explosive fight and that is something i could really do without!! (Rawwwwrrrrrr *inside brain*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

M,

How could you sit there and keep pushing it and pushing it when I made it very clear that I didn't want to talk about it? Did it make you feel big to think that you were upsetting me so much? Did you feel better about yourself knowing that you could so easily get under my skin? You're such a selfish, selfish person. I'm still in shock at how you acted, I couldn't believe you were being that way. Even curiosity isn't a good enough excuse because this whole thing is absolutely none of your business. I'm finding it hard enough without you poking around and then deliberately trying to make me feel worse when you realise you've hit a nerve. Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

G, I miss you! I feel like I barely know you anymore - well, I guess I don't, do I? Two years and half the world between us have made all the difference, and it's such a pity we've let that happen. :(

Just please stop mailing me with promises of skyping and phone calls, if you've no intention of following through. It sucks. A lot. Makes me less inclined to keep trying. :(

Wish you'd come home for a visit.

You're still my dude of honour, by the way. ;) Thats not going to change, ever.

D, I'm pretty sure you know this is me! ;) I'm gonna miss you big time, but will truly do my best to make it out there if I can. And don't do what G did! Seriously, you know how much it sucks! Oh and in case there'd ever been any doubt ... it's cold out there, you'd better wear a sweater! ;)

E, as always, I'm super-duper mega epic proud of you! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 37 christine08

C

I love you more than you know. I'm loving being here with you and dreading 5 weeks time when we have to go back to long distance again. I hope you'll be sent home soon and excited to see what the future has in store for us.

C xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear C

I ain't seen you since 15 July. You are coming to to me tonight and i am literally sick with excitement!

Don't forget my bottle of Tanora or you are dead.

Fi xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear Universe

Thank you. It's everything I hoped it would be. I know its down to me too, but thank you. And heehee. :D

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear Pixie,

So far you have been kicking ass with the depression. Although you have been shutting down and on one occasion nearly had another breakdown, its ok! You have been fighting this for years and finally admitted it this year, for which i am proud you did! You can beat this, it will take time and a lot of willpower but you can! Talk about it more and stop worrying that you will depress people by talking about it. Don't bottle it up anymore! Exercise is key and it does help you out greatly! Just keep it up and talk if you need to, talk when you have to, when its eating you up inside!

It's ok to be scared and worried. Everyone feels like that sometimes. Stop pretending like your worries don't matter. It is ok to be scared about your future! But you will figure it out soon don't worry :)

Lots of Love,

Pixie.....aka you :o

Dear G,

Stop being a dick. I literally have done nothing wrong and yet you are being an ass and think its funny. Its not. Start it again once more and i will knock you into next week! Everyone is sick of it and you!

Pixie

Dear body,

Please be OK. I'm so scared. I'm only 27. I'm not used to being sick. The worry and stress alone feels like it could kill me.

I'm sorry if I treated you like shqt. I'm sorry for not feeding you properly. For not giving you enough sleep, enough nutrients, enough peace. I'm sorry for being so flippant about you, for taking you for granted.

Please don't let me down. I feel so far away from home right now. I don't know how to talk to anyone about this. Mum's in Spain. Dad will just stress me out further with worry. The tests are taking so long to come back. This may be the longest week of my life.

Please, please give me a second chance. I'll do better. I'll treat you with the respect you deserve. I'm so, so scared and have never felt so alone.

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

S ,

I'm so mad at you for that messing!
    WTF was that all about? Something not quite right, ffs what are you on?

Dear family

I'm sorry I've been so down lately, I know you see it as me being cranky and spoiling your fun. I'm sorry. I hate having to withdraw from you all but sometimes it just gets too much. I'm so happy for you all, really I am. But sometimes it just gets too hard being the only single one. It's like you all share this secret little world that I can never be part of. I just stand on the outside looking in with a fake smile plastered on my face. I just couldn't cope being around you today, sometimes the loneliest place is a room full of people. I feel like I'm letting you all down by being single, I know you'd all give anything to see me in a happy relationship, but in a way that only puts more pressure on me. I do try you know, but for whatever reason its never happened, and I don't think it ever will if I'm honest. I suppose at this stage i've accepted that. The thought that you will never see me in a relationship though or never being able to give you grandchildren, that just crushes me as I know it'd make you so happy. I love you all so much, I'm so sorry i'm not like you/them.

Me xx

Dear M.

wow!!
    so how did it go from us barely speaking to few months later us kissing?? seriously!?
    what was that about?!
    and then u basically said its cos u read signs ... so ur saying u doing me a favour or what, confused.com here.
    I know nothing can happen again, ur my brothers best friend, i get that.

just dont be an ass and ignore me totally.

Dear S and J.
    silly ignorant cows.
    J i know we werent friends to start with but thought oh ur nice, but S, i thought we were actually ok friends. but u turned into an ignorant twat during last few weeks!
    i'm done!

To You,

I'm not happy or proud for what I have done but you messed me around with lies. We had one night together. We met online on that k1nk site. We chatted for a couple of weeks, then met up.and had fun. That was so, so good for me. Afterwards we met, back online you asked for my address to send a gift that you had. Just something small you wrote. And nothing came. I asked about it and an excuse came my way. But I took it that you would send it. Maybe you were busy and caught up and you'd send it when you got around to doing so. But nothing came. You then suggested another hook. I would have liked that but going by your gift I probably would have got my hopes up for nothing. I asked you about the gift that you had and you.wrote that you lost it. I was disappointed but I thought you would rectify it. I'm mean anybody would have done that. Again, nothing.

As time went on and there was nothing so much was running through my mind. Were you genuine or not? Was that a lie? Why would someone lie like that?

Tables turned and I cracked. And you wouldn't even grant me the desency of putting me straight. An excuse came my way about an abandoned house that you haven't been back to in months and that it was somewhere there.
    (foolish me, this gave me a false hope that maybe you would get it)

But nothing.

I felt so crap for ages. Months and months down and down. Waiting around for something that was nothing.

The final feeling was one of degradion. And I feel very strongly that you did it deliberately. To take me down. The very fact that before we met you wrote to me to say that trust was important to you and I gave that to you. Just for you to turn around about two weeks later and abuse that. So callous. You would have degraded me just my blocking me. I would have got the hint straight away and it would have been so much more kinder.

You have problems and issues with women when you are treating them like that. Whats worse is that you refused to take any sort of responsibilty for your part and even went as far as using your own kid as an excuse. Jesus christ. You are disgusting and a spineless coward. I was nothing to you clearly, but why in the holy name of god did you feel the need to use your child as an excuse? To someone that was nothing to you. Your kid never stopped you getting your hole filled and looking for more. Playing women and using your child as an excuse.to resolve yourself of any responsibilties instead of being honest. You should be ashamed of yourself. I hope my last words to you yesterday stings and stings bad because it is the truth. You should be ashamed of yourself and you don't deserve her. You are a maggotty creep.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry for not asking you that question, and I know it disappointed you, but I never meant to hurt your feelings. Please don't keep punishing me. I can't take the hurt anymore because I miss you too much :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

B,

I keep finding myself thinking about that night in October, the night that I should have realised what a problem this would be for me now, the night when I first knew that you were going to get under my skin and stay there for a long time. It's funny, I bet your memories of the night are completely different to mine. They should be, really. When I think about the fact that such a short time ago we barely registered on each other's radar, it freaks me out a little. I can't remember living in a world where being in your company didn't feel like I'd had a layer of skin removed and all of my nerves were raw and exposed to the world. Probably because that window only lasted for a few weeks, weeks in which I hardly ever saw you to boot, but it is weird that I can't remember the feeling.

I remember so clearly when you and D and A came in the door and you greeted all of us as a group, I remember you getting slightly confused when you had to speak in front of everybody and how well you handled slipping up, I remember going over to the sides to chat with my friends and trying to steady myself a little because you were making me feel as though the world was spinning. I remember all of this and more but looking back on it, it's like a montage or a movie trailer because I see it all as a spectator, not as an actor.

But that's not through of the end of the night. I was staying with my friend B but she hadn't made it to the event so I was going to make my way to her apartment by myself. Unfortunately H cornered me and I was treated to our very favourite speech of hers, "Why I Am The Most Amazing Human Being On The Planet." I couldn't pay too much attention to her and I kept trying to hint that I planned on leaving soon by looking away from her and in the direction of the door. You were there, surrounded by people as you so often were, laughing jovially and very clearly enjoying yourself. And when I saw you open your arms and reach in to hug who I now know to be J, it felt like someone has doused me in cold water. Why I didn't understand then, I'll never know, but I honestly didn't realise until almost a month later why I felt like that. And seeing you so happy to be with J and J and L made me think then, on some level, that you'd not be so happy around me. It felt like there was so much between us, in terms of maturity even. As soon as I was able to leave I pretty much bolted, H and R in tow. You were all I thought about walking to B's apartment, how did I not know then? How did it take me almost a month to realise it? I just don't understand how I could have been so stupid, how i was ever so naive and short sighted.

To think now that back then I never would have thought we'd be friends, it's mind bending. But I remember thinking it so clearly at the time. You never really know, though, what direction your life will take.

I would love to know what your first thoughts and memories of me were, what your initial attitude was, how close you imagined us becoming in those first few weeks and how that changed when we started interacting and connecting more. I hope that soon we get the chance to have that conversation, and a few more besides.

x

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Dear Paul,
    Why did you ever leave? Was it really that bad? It's only a few days until you're 6 months gone - I can't decide if it feels like a week ago or a year ago. You left us while half of your friends were trying to find our way around a new city on a college trip. What was it? What clicked in that brilliant brain of yours that you had to go, and go then?
    I wish you'd have realised how badly you'd have been missed. Did you see us when we got the news, when we all gathered together in college? Did you see us at your removal, at your funeral, at your burial - tears free flowing and making jokes about how people should be wrecked on acid and playing with blue chalk.
    Your stories, your wit, your friendship and your smile were taken away from us. I clung to the hope you were alive, and that was my undoing. Expecting you to wander in with a loaf of bread or a bottle of Coke in your usual way. But that was proven wrong, of course. I'm so sorry you couldn't see a way out, that you couldn't get the help you needed as quickly as you needed it.
    Most of all though, I'm sorry I wasn't what you needed me to be. We were close, so close in such a short time. And I threw that away, I didn't know what to do, I was caught in the middle so I just blocked out as much as I could and went on with it. And I saw how it hurt you. You told me so - you got angry, so rare for you.
    I loved you Paul. Not as much as you needed, but given time, I probably would have. But I was busy finding my feet, meeting all these new people, starting to see this guy and living in this new city, and I made a terrible mistake and basically abandoned you. After staying in your flat and cuddling you and cooking you pasta, I dropped it all. Because I didn't know what to do.
    I'm so sorry. I'll come visit you soon, I swear. I keep promising to, and I will eventually. I'm just finding it hard to work up the courage to go back to that grave yard again. I hope we meet again someday. I can't believe such a wonderful soul could be gone for good.
    Love,
    PB.

Dear Universe,

More than anything I want a fulfilling relationship. I realise that before I was not open to the possibility before but am trying so hard now. Maybe too much? Why is it so difficult? They say ask for what you want so I am asking. Just want to meet a genuine, nice guy. I know I am a good person but can't help feel this lack getting to me.

Please give me a break, think I deserve one! Don't want to be unlucky in love forever!

Thank you

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

How can you be so intelligent, yet do such stupid things? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear C,

I'm glad we're back to normal. I need you as my best friend. And I know its us and we shall trail down this road again some day most likely, but for now, I need to be able to throw my arms around you and get a big hug, and do crosswords together, and not have this aching feeling that it needs to be more.

I love you in our very special way and nothing will change that. So lets try not to feic it up this time.

You are a wonderful human being and I am so glad I have you.

L.

J,

Dammit why are you so attractive? :P
    I do like talking to you again though. Makes me smile. Maybe we can be friends :P

L.

D,

I wasn't expecting to like you but the last few days have just been mental. You said we clicked and we did, both of our dark and twisties hit in and neither of us ran - thats crazy in itself.

Lets see how this goes... but nothing serious yet please and thank you.

L.

Dear Universe,

Thank you.

Love, L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dear Big D,

I'm like a broken record but I seriously cannot tell you, or the world, enough just how great you are :D

Everyday you make me smile, you make me laugh, you make me love you more. I know I'm a crazy nut and would understand if you ran away with flailing arms. But you have been nothing but supportive and caring. Everyday you say the sweetest, sappiest things that would make some people vomit, but make me melt and grin. My happiest thoughts are thinking of you visiting me next week, and thinking of us making a life together in a few months.

I know you say not to feel bad for leaving you, I probably feel bad cause I miss you so much.

Hurry up and get over here!! Your eyebrows need tweezing!

Love, your Peachy

PS- I told you I liked you stalking my posts :p

Oh wow, apparently I dedicated my 6000th post to you without even realising :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Dear .,

You know, I love you. I'm not going to tell you why, because you know. I'm not going to begin to show you how much you broke my heart, or anything. I just want you to know that I'll always be there for you, I made that promise from the very start, right? I'm always gonna tell you that no girl is worth any tears from you and that I never want to see you broken hearted, hopefully. You're incredible. I still love you, no question about it after all this time... I'm sorry for everything, really. I hope you honestly see I just wanted to see you happy...
    Love, S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Dear prospective college,

please stop sending me forms and making me jump through hoops and just offer me a place.
    You know I deserve it.

cheers,
    bubblefett

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Dear bc,
    was very tempted to text you when lucky lewis got lucky at the weekend. Hope you are ok, concentrate on the PhD for now, please don't pack it in at this stage, you have put so much into it. Hopefully we can talk again when you get it over with,

all the best,
    K

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement