Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

G

i am completely and utterly fed up with way you have been treating me, blowing hot and cold all the time. The amount of false promises that have been made is unreal. i sent you a couple of text messages over the last few days, to wish you luck with a new venture, the ironic thing is i could help you with it point you in the right direction and interduce to ppl that could help you, but why would i bother when you dont even have the basic manners to reply to a message. Your on your last chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

No more Ms Nice Girl.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Mrs B

Thanks for all your help lately. I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear you

That text today was completely out of the blue and unexpected but sadly made my week.

It was good to hear from you in that one text about something small that showed you thought of me, you'll always be my first love.

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I'v sent you one final text, it's honest, non-aggressive, non-confrontational and straight to the point, I'v given you a chance to explain yourself and pending on your reply, if any, after this you won't be hearing from me. If you can't reply to it at least I know and have proved your a coward and which one of us, regardless of age, is the more mature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Dear guy/lady who corrected my Leaving Cert papers,
    You guys better have passed me, or there'll be words! :O I worked my butt off! :L
    Seeyyyaaa in the morning results,
    Siobhan. ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear C

Best of luck this weekend. Even if you don't qualify ill still wash your smelly sweaty race suit afterwards cos you rock xx

Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

A,

Twice in one week I've written in here to you. That means twice in one week you've treated your daughter so unfairly I've felt the need to vent. I've been juggling my job, my course, being sick, being utterly exhausted from stress, all while being 100% responsible for our daughter. You have one part time job which your daughter hasn't even seen the benefit of and that somehow means you've no time for her?? Cop on. I really feel the need to have words with you but I know the only thing that will come from it is a '**** you' text and giving you the satisfaction that you're getting to me. Which yes is true but its because I care about my daughter, not you.
    I honestly thought you were different. There are fathers all over the place fighting tooth and nail for a few hours with their child while you're throwing your relationship with your daughter away.

You're letting your daughter and yourself down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I want to ring you so bad but I know it will make things harder for both of us, I'm sitting here staring at my phone watching your "online" status on whatsapp knowing that youre just at the other end looking at your phone. Its taking every bit of restraint I have not to start typing, I want to and my heart wants me too but at the same time its saying "stop, I'm not strong enough yet I haven't even begun to repair myself and you'll only cause me more pain".

I'm lost and confused, this wasn't a straightforward break up and I still struggle to understand what has happened which is making it even worse. The first two weeks were manageable because we weren't in contact and I was in limbo and what I can only assume was some kind of shock induced trance where I had blanked out feelings and blocked any thoughts that might bring the feeling of pain and sadness back.

Now it has hit me all at once I can't handle it, I can't take this pain and this feeling of cold abandonment. You said you wanted to travel after these 9 weeks and I had assumed that you would be getting a job abroad for a few months after your course. Then you told me that you wanted to travel again after that to the US. I knew that you'd be working after your course and I didn't think twice about trying to stay together because I'm not me without you, I'm only half of what we should be. I waited for you while you were on holiday for 3 weeks before your course, you left the same week my nan passed away and then you crushed me by staying another week when I needed you more than you will ever know because I tried to stay strong for you so you would enjoy yourself over there. You came back and it scared me so much because you seemed so different, you say that you hadn't changed but something wasn't right.

I am a mess, I keep getting tension headaches because I cant stop thinking about you or trying to understand what has happened. I literally gave everything to our relationship and now I have nothing left to give to anyone let alone myself. I just know I can't go on feeling the way I do with my heart torn apart I need to start dealing with the pain. I could see such a happy future for the two of us and that's my fault because I was always overthinking, I just never saw this coming.

I would have done anything for you to make you happy and keep us together you were more important to me than myself. I have never met a girl like you that makes me feel the way I feel and I have never even come close to it after 25 years. That's how I knew how special you were and how perfect we were together.

You say that a year will fly and that you hope we'll be ok in the future but right now I honestly don't believe that will happen. I'm just sorry we met at different stages of life because I was ready to give everything to you.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lkeogh

Dear My Boyfriend,

Please get off your arse and get a job, your not the ideal house-husband!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

To the Good Gang,
    Thank you for what you did for me.
    You have become my friends and have made me believe that I am decent person who deserves to have friends. I needed to hear what you said about me. You will never know how much you have brought to my life over the past few months.
    I have had a difficult few months which you did not know about.
    In the past few months I have been job hunting without much luck. Some of my so called friends have let me down very badly despite me being there for them when they had relationship, work problems ect.
    The belief that you have in me and the friendship you have shown me have helped give me back the confidence that I lost over a period of time due to many things.

Thanks to all of you and may the next few months be good for us all.

Hello B,
    I know you are nervous about what you are starting soon. When A mentioned it I was sitting beside you and your leg was shaking like someone having a fit.
    You were like a leaving cert student waiting for the leaving results who need a's and b's but was fearing the d's.

I know you though long and hard before deciding to do this. A lot of people only see the confidence and belief you have in yourself but I see you as a bird floating on the water who is splashing like mad under the surface.
    I know you are not a stupid person and you need to have some type of challenge in your life. Over the past few months I have got to know you. I have learnt that there is a lot more to you than meets the eye. I know how hard you have worked to get to this stage and other people have told you this also.

Don't worry as what you are starting is going to go very well for you. By Christmas you will remember this time and think back then why were you worrying about nothing.
    Just remember that you have been there like everyone else that you meet over the next while and it will go very well for you.
    Even if I am not there when you start I will be thinking of you and we will chat soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

dear mind - take a little break every now and then - its okay you don't always have to be switched on - take a wander - you're burning yourself out!

bro - hope you're feeling better - I would come and visit - v worried about you and know you're having a hard time but since you contagious I don't want to get sick too!! chin up (if your throat will allow - it takes time

A - know you've been having a hard time - I know exactly how you feel but you've got to remember to say no sometimes - you deserve to have people do things for you too - REMEMBER HOW AWESOME YOU ARE! (not just saying - it's the truth...)

KK - really hope we have good weekend - you motivate him and he always has a good time when you're around - hopefully you'll drop some of those insightful gems too - they're always a big help!

waist and bingo wings - you're annoying me now - sorry you have to go!

G,

Two years down the drain. Or they will be if you don't make some sort of an effort sometime soon. I've tried multiple times but you act so distant and indifferent - if you don't want to know me any more just say so and I'll leave you alone. Despite what happened in March, i love you and you are my best friend, or at least you were. I still think about how it would've been if things had gone differently and how you probably wouldn't have gone away for the summer.
    I miss you so much. Please text me.

K,

I don't know what to say, I honestly feel awful about what I've been doing and also for what I'm going to do, even though it's for the best. Sorry isn't going to cover the hurt that this will cause you but it's the only way. And I take full responsibility for everything because it wouldn't have turned out like this had I just been honest in the first place. The timing is awful but it's not like it'll ever be right, this needs to be done and we both know that. We're so incredibly different in so many ways and there are some things that just aren't going to change no matter how much either of us want them to.
    I care about you a lot, I wish you the best and I hope you won't waste any more time on me and go find someone far far better who treats you how you deserve to be treated.

E,

I barely know you. You barely know me. Yet somehow, it works. Don't worry, I'm not deluding myself into thinking it's more than it is; I'm not a teenager any more.
    I get it now that you're still hurt over other things, things that have nothing to do with me. Now that I know that, I can act accordingly. I'm not trying to push you into doing anything but you seem to be steering things in that direction yourself which confuses the hell outta me!! I wish you'd just say what you mean, tell me how you see this. Trust me, I'll be fine with whatever, even if what's best for you is to just be friends at a distance - I can work with that.
    This has been going a long time and I've really enjoyed it, but I gotta admit I'm a bit apprehensive about seeing you again. Honestly no idea where this is going.

I still get butterflies every time I see you. Wish I didn't, but there you go.

Dear Me,

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!! Yes everything's piling on but ignoring it all ain't gonna solve anything!
    Also, maybe try being a bit more honest? Just a suggestion...

Des,

I really don't know why I'm sticking around, I mean honestly, you're not going to change. Why do I think you are? I know, because I want you to have an epiphany and realise how in love with me you are. But I'm being so stupid. So freakiong stupid. You're not gonna change. I can tell you resent me. But I can't seem to leave you alone. This is bad. I need a break, I need my time away from you. I hate that I feel so strongly for you and you wouldn't care if I disappeared right now :( just, love me, please

your silly ex girlfriend

Me,

Cop on. You keep saying you're waiting for him to cop on, but really, it's you that has to do it. He's never going to love you like you want him to. You have to move on. You will find someone who will take care of you and not make it look like a chore. They will love you with all their heart and make sure you're never sad. They won't make you upset and on edge every time you see them, like HIM, you need to break away. Do it before he gets another chance to hurt you. Do it before you lose yourself again.

I love you,
    me

Dear world. This time last week I wanted to write here, jumping full of joy that in the last two weeks, things seem to pan out, friends who had meant to much to me and I felt deserted me, opened up and things felt how they used to be. and I was really excited. Then I got the feeling that writing it might jinx it. I needn't have worried. It was jinxed from the start.

Dear friend 1. I get it you had a bad night of it. But how dare you go for me like that. how you dragged up pretty every single thing that irritated you about me since we've known each other many years ago. I let it go but only out of respect for everyone else there. Not for you. Sort yourself out. No one asked you to get involved in other people's lives or dramas so stop the sympathy train here. I think we're done!! you lie, you drop and add friends when it suits you and you talk behind their backs. God only knows what you have said about me. I will NEVER be so readily available for you again when you need someone. never.

dear friend 2. Good riddance. fake. fake. fake!! awkward and uncomfortable. thanks for spreading around the world about what happened to me and how inconvienient it was for you. Good friend indeed. nothing like hearing it repeated back to you.

Dear guy!

I miss you and am very embarassed about the last time we talked. but you were cool about it. so thanks for that. i havent moved on at all. I really need to and want to. I genuinely hope you're happy. you sounded it. I miss our chats, your unusual smile, even your slightly bold side. I need to move on but I wish you'd drop me a line. dont know what more I can do to get over you, but take care of yourself!!

Dear Parents!
    I love you so much!! thanks for everything!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

You still creep the hell out of me. What was I thinking? WHAT WAS I THINKING?! I wasted my late teens with you and it took me my early twenties to get over you, of course it didn't help that you kept tracking me down. You damaged me so much. Why would you do that to me? How could you do that to me and then still insist that you loved me, that you wanted to be with me and torture me for years?

J is the first boyfriend I've been with that has never had to deal with you personally and you are so ****ing lucky. Do you remember the night you rang one of my exes to shout abuse down the phone? I don't even know how you got his number. And then you kept ringing him and ringing him and ringing him until he changed his number?

This is the first time I've remained in the same place for more than a year, that's because of you. You always managed to find me and I kept on running because I was always afraid. I wasn't sure if you'd ever do anything to me again but I just couldn't even deal with seeing your face. The thoughts of you make me feel so ill.

You are the only regret I have. I wish I had never met you. If I had never met you, you wouldn't have had a direct impact on my life for 3 years and an indirect impact on my life for a further 3 years.

I hope you have sought the help you really needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I thought we were friends, i genuinely thought that! When you moved sure i was a little sad but we would all get to visit but seriously not anymore!!

We all supported you and this is how you repay us by doing that and then accusing me of doing such a thing. Thank God i have real friends that defended me and i understand why they didnt tell me until today but i am truely and utterly pissed off!!

you showed your true scumbag colours, you really did. I really hope i never ever see your face ever again, im glad you are gone. You were just a parasite that hid behind this facade. How dare you do the things you did and accuse me of something i would never ever do! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I'm really sorry I'v treated ye like crap lately, I really want to tell yewhy but I can't bring myself to. I just need space for a while.

N,
    I really want to talk to you but I'm leaving itfor a few days until I sort my head out and figure out where you fit in in mylife. I miss the butterflies and stomach flips I get when I see your name on myphone. I miss the random 4am phonecalls and the amazing cuddles you give. I'ltext you in a few days, I just hope you'l still reply. :(

There are people on here with the same problem i have. To long to be with someone who we know deep down wont give us what we want or need. The hardest part is letting go because we still hope for something. Every so often we may get a taste of that something but it's not enough. We are being strung along, waiting. How long can a person wait and hope for before it destroys them?

Every time in between is torturous. I can't stop thinking of all the fun you are having without me. And all the fun I try to have without you. Its not the same without you here. I feel idiotic, i know i need to forget about it and move on but i cant. And you won't let me. Why do you want to have this power over me. I think over time I will only end up resenting you for it. Is that what you want? Are you waiting to see what happens when i eventually snap?

I cant wait to meet someone who will help me to realize what a futile excercise this has been. I can do better then this. Slowly I am peeling away from you. I will dodge your next clasp then you will hear the hollow echoe and understand it is of your own making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Ex Boyfriend: arraggghhhh you really and truly are the biggest scumbag I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. EVER. Today's latest trick has me shaking with anger.
    Get the message. I moved on. I got over you. I am wonderfully happy now. I am happy in myself and I also happen to have a fabulous husband. Deal with that, NOT by doing what you're doing but by growing a back bone and sorting you own life out yourself.
    This will end and not the way you'd like it to because you are wrong in what you are doing. This will be proven beyond any doubt and I hope you live a sad pathetic miserable life and that I never ever again have to deal with you.
    You really are a pathetic bottom feeder and sad excuse for a person.

J,

I heard that you've met someone else. I know you don't care, but I'll be okay. I will be okay.

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

P
    Thanks for being so supportive. I know I can be a nightmare near exam time! Can't wait for weekend away when they are over. Love you always, T

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

What was/is the nature of our connection? What is the need or unmet need? If that can be understood then meeting the need in another way becomes easier.

It is straightforward for me. I like the bad boy in you, partly (or mainly) because I have such a dark, bad girl nature myself. Bad boy energy and ways of using your body (and mine) appeal to me. Dark illicit provocation offers excitement and variety. There is a freedom and unique feeling of being alive in taking risks and being on the edge.

But I think I also bring warmth and love to the table, acceptance and humour. And a fine mind, which like a good bottle of wine, should never be taken for granted.

I really liked talking about everyday stuff. I think I need another adult male in my life to offer a perspective on what's happening and what to do. Sometimes in talking about it the solution becomes really clear but also the 'charge' gets less. Even the cross interactions can be fun, a bit like 'how bad can I be and still be loved/accepted?'

I miss seeing the message light and wondering what's in store.

I think that my two big picture human needs that you met are uncertainty/variety and love/connection. I just need to expand my current ways of meeting those needs.

I'm glad that you came into my life. Even if you are not there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

Dear Tailbone

I'm sorry I hurt you,but please get better soon and stop hurting me :(

Dear all,

funny how things change isn't it?
    only 3 years ago, if you had said to me "oh soon, you'll fancy him", i would have went Ha, ha ha!! not in million years.
    all those years of Aww he's no lovely.. and i was just angry at u all saying how great he was after what i'd told ye.
    yes he was young, . funny how i blamed him for my confidence problems. men problems the last 19 years. the poor thing. if i'd actually delved deeper i'd have saw the actual problem .
    Him.
    where was he all those years? i guess M was more him figure to me? maybe?
    so iwrite a letter to him expressing alot of my feelings about whats gone on.
    I wont say it took alot to write it because it didnt, i was so angry, i just scribbled it down!!

so how many years on and i am mad about the boy. funny how i actually never thought anything would happen. even if it was a once off... still didnt expect that.
    So he's being bit of a prat , he's a boy! and he's K's friend.
    love for now.
    xx

Dear M,
    so so rude.
    i love you to bits but u were just so bloody rude to me.
    and then bringing my texts up? wtf? seriously, talk about making me feel paranoid. well u wont get anymore for long while.. then i'm guessing next time i hear anyway will be when ur out!
    xxx

Dear people around me

I'm sorry. It's just you all have someone else to confide in and talk about things, boyfriends/girlfriends/husbands/wives, i don't think you really understand how hard it gets for me sometimes, in theory you say I can talk to you, but in reality? Well, the rare times I do, you're not really listening are you? you tell me I worry to much, i used to think maybe that was it, maybe I just worried more than others, that it was me, that i was being annoying droning on about my problems. Today I realised, in fact actually, i never really talk about them at all, i bottle it all inside, and you're all just as worried and insecure as me but the difference is you have people who love you and will listen to you and not tell you you're being silly and irrational even if you are a little. So I guess all that's left for me is to finally accept that I have only myself to depend on for now. I'll soldier on, me against the world eh? like it's always been. I'm sorry for troubling you, really, I just thought maybe you could help. I'm a "good listener" you always tell me, it's just a pity that none of you are nor have have any desire to try, and that's ok, guess you're just not wired that way. Maybe one day i'll be as lucky as you all and find someone too, and if I don't well this is good practice for the future at least. I miss you all.

Love always, Me xx

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

Dear boss

You are a ****ing stupid bellend a total bellend grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm so so pissed off right now at you, one day I asked off ONE poxy day I don't think that was too much to ask since I have worked nearly 4 weeks straight and no day off in a month a month like who the **** does that.......... 3 weeks notice I gave you so I could have a day off my birthday by the way and what do you do, you write in the roaster that I'm working wtf like you are having a right laugh if you think I'm coming in you mean selfish arsehole, no one else would work the hours I have done but I did it anyway to help you out and looking out for the service users. Good luck getting someone in to work that because it Wont be me you twat

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

You broke my heart, I trusted you completely, you said you never hurt me like a fool I believed you and you are making out all of this is my fault..WTF!!!... It's so unfair on me, the weirdest thing about it you can't even see what you done, and when I called it a day on our relationship you didn't even fight for me..... So everything you said and did was a lie...I hope someday you take your head out of your ass and say OMG I treated her so badly... ( I bet that won't happen tho)

I think its going to take me a while to get over this .... Thanks for nothing....
    I hope Karma comes around to you....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Hey you :),

I'm sorry I've been treating you like absolute dirt the past few weeks. I didnt even realise I had been. I know the stress isn't an excuse, there is no excuse for it. I've just been a plain ol' moody cow and taken it all out on you and for that I am sorry. You mean the world to me and thank you for telling me this. I'm gonna cop on, stop accidentally taking my moods out on you, and instead just talk to you calmly instead. I know you just want the best for me, and I know I'm stubborn. I'll work on my stubborness, just for you though ;)

You better know that I love you <3 I'm also sorry I'm a dope and a twat and been a horrible girlfriend recently. I'll make you dinner soon, an edible one this time, I promise :D

Yours forever,

A
    xxxxxxx

Dear exams/exam stress,

Stop making me cranky!!!! :mad: You are the only god damn demon I have left to beat and by god, I will beat you... I've come through enough in the past year to know I can beat you, and that you'll fook right off and let me be happy and do my exams without panic and stress and let me stop being moody!!!

Regards,
    Not your friend,
    Ms IHeartChemistry.

Advertisement