Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Ah seriously like, would you ever just f*ck off and get out of my life. I am sick of running into you and I am sick of you strutting around like the cat that got the cream. All you got was my leftovers, a man who would cheat on his loyal girlfriend and treat his child like crap. So don't dare look down your nose at me when I have the misfortune to meet you. And don't dare smile at my child, the one your beloved hasn't seen in almost 2 years.
    If he did it with you, he'll do it to you. In fact he already did but you are conveniently choosing to forget that.

You're welcome to him, sincerely you are. But if the pair of you wouldn't mind, could you just f*ck off to another planet?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear woman who gave birth to me,

When you decided you wouldnt stick to your wedding vows and couldnt keep your knickers up you destroyed a happy home. BUT I want to thank you, thanks to you walking out when i was just a small child leaving Dad with me and my brother, you did the best thing ever for me. After you left my Dad remarried a wonderful woman whom I call mum. Through the love and support that I got through mum and dad, i realised that you were worthless trash who only looked out for herself. I know you know every detail about my life as my granny tells you everything, but here is something you dont know as i made my gran promise not to tell you, I am going to be a dad soon, and i can guarantee that I will be a much better parent than you could ever be.

Even though your motives were completely selfish, you gave me the best start you could have, with someone else as a mum.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Significant Ex,

Its been a whole 18 months since my life as i knew it fell apart because you found someone else. I genuinely thought i was going to die from a broken heart. I wasnt a perfect girlfriend/best friend but I never deserved the way you ended things with us and the way you treated me - not even a dog deserved that. I was so broken by the end of our four years together it took counselling, amazing support and alot of tears, sleepless nights, fear, self doubt and strength to piece myself back together.

Not only did you allow me to blame 'the new girl' for taking my best friend and taking my life away from me, but you encouraged her to do things which caused me hurt and pain and she had no idea about us, or the pain she was causing.
    Only now I realise that you are a damaged, bitter person. You will never know how to truly love someone or treat them with respect, how to completly love with all you have, you will always be selfish cynical and self centered. Good Luck with that, and I hope you never put someone through what you put me through again.
    Thank you for breaking me. I found out how to put myself back together again.

Me.

Dear Love of my Life,

Thank you for finding me. I have had the worst possible year of my life to date, but the one shining light at the end of the tunnel was you. Thank you for holding me, for wiping my tears, for putting up with my crazy family and my own mental health struggles, thanks for spending many many nights letting me talk myself in circles about the Ex Friend and The New Girl then in one swift sentence putting everything in perspective. Thank you for making me realise what Im worth, how much Im loved and how much of a good person I am and exactly what and who I deserve in life - the Best.
    Thank you for being a beautiful hearted, kind, laid back amazing girl. I love you with all my heart <3

Forever yours,
    Me xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

At last, you've finally found a boyfriend of your own! Now **** off and leave us alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

That I'm typing this bothers me. That I can't talk to anyone else about this because I know they'll (rightfully) warn me that I'm going to get hurt bothers me.

I know you have issues. Lots, and lots, and lots of issues. So do I.

I know you don't know what you want. I don't fully know either.

I do want conversation, and friendship, even if there's nothing else there. I'm not asking for too much of your time, or for a commitment of some sort, just acknowledgement that I exist, and a bit of a chat.

Is it that I challenge you? I will keep doing that, I won't lie. I don't know how to avoid challenging people in your position - I want you to see the good things I see in you, admit and embrace your own vulnerabilities. I want you to recognise how interesting you are. How fair you are. I feel a bit like your mother.

You're not going to break my heart or anything - you won't get near that. But I'm turning a spotlight on my own loneliness, I'm already doing it, and I'll be left with a gaping hole that I can't discuss with anyone else.

I know how stupid this is. If I could help being a bloody fool, I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

It's now over 3 years ago that the bubble burst.
    The bubble you grow up with when you think that the stuff you see on tv can't possibly happen in your community, let alone to someone you know.
    3 years ago he killed him, and nearly two others, before taking his own life.
    I worked with him, I spoke with him, I laughed with him. Not to say we were best friends, but I knew him.
    People would talk at parties after, and say how they new X or Y. I knew the murderer.
    The lives lost and destroyed that day is tragic. It's something none of us will ever fully move on from, or even fully understand.

I wanted to write this to you, but frankly I don't know what to say. 3 years on and I'm still as confused as I was when I read your name in the newspaper the day after it happened.
    So rest in piece I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Dear Anxiety.
    why you suddenly decided to become my new best friend this year is beyond me. We were never friends before this, we were barely even acquainted. I used to be, if not confident, capable. Now, when faced with a piece of paper (and yes, it's ultimately that, a piece of paper), you have decided I have to panic, and hyperventilate and generally become a fragmented mess with my self in ways that I now know the biology of why they are happening, but seem to be incapable of actually verbalising as an answer on said piece of paper.
    So stop now, I don't like you, and if you cause me to have to do over, then do over I shall, but be warned, I will not be best pleased and am likely to go all Liam Neeson on your ass. Just stop.
    Jess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

WinterSong wrote: »
    A,

I'm terrified that you're going to hurt me again, but I think I'm willing to give you another chance and trust you. Your timing is terrible, but that's the way it's always been. We can work around that. I've missed having you in my life, I hope this isn't a big mistake. Please don't hurt me again. Please.

WinterSong.

A,

You are the most immature person I've ever met in my life. Do you get some kind of sick pleasure out of messing with my head or something? Fcuk you, I'm better off without your spitefulness and petty jealousy. Have a nice life.

WinterSong.

Hey you, whoever you are now, what is it about you that has this affect in me? What is it about me that, really, will never truly be "over" you?

It's all such a long time ago now, and if ever I think about it at all, I roll my eyes and think "what a load of embarrassing adolescent melodrama" .

Yet, when I caught a glimpse of you today, all those memories and feelings came flooding back.

Please, stop haunting me. Get out of my head, get out of my heart. You never wanted either, did you? I want to be able to shake the past. You've cast way too long a shadow over me.

It isn't right, it isn't healthy, but even after all these years I miss you. I don't even know who you are anymore. How can I miss someone I don't know? Will I ever excorcise the ghost of you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

It's been a week of no contact, it's tough, I miss you as a friend to chat to mostly. I want to talk to you like before but it's probably not best, maybe one day.

Grow up. You get everything handed to you, one day you'l get a shock when you realise you have to earn things. Your coming across as being very spoiled recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I couldn't ask for better than you. I sat there crying today reading your texts telling me that some of my words had hurt you more than anyone before. I don't know why you love me sometimes. I want us to be us again, just like you do. I love you xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear Me

Haha I have no clue how this happened either. Seriously, wtf?

Anyways, enjoy the ride, life is so short.

T

Dear Universe,

Please, please give us another chance, I know it will work, after all this time I still love him with every part of me. Please?

Hello B,
    I knew you were very nervous about what you were starting. That night a lot of your friends turned up to help you out and to show you support.
    I don't know were all the people came from and at one stage it looked like we were going to run of of seats. None of us will forget W getting and putting out more chairs.
    Before you came in it looked like we would only have had floor space for the crowd.
    You were so busy at the door you had no idea of the size of the crowd until you came in, looked at me and said "O ****".
    Well you did a great talk which was both informative and funny. It was nice that you mentioned the crowd that had turned up from ////.
    When I was chatting to some of the other people that were there the following day they told me that you could not believe how well it had gone that night.
    I did tell you that it was going to be success and I was sorry that I could not chat to you at the end of the night. I will be chatting to you soon but I just wanted to say this is the start of what is going to be a great success for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Work,

Here we go again. One step forward, two steps back. I'm so tired of this little dance.

Cut me some slack. I take this so hard. The stress is unreal and the lack of security keeps me awake at night. It makes me want to give up on this country. It makes me want to give up on this industry and do something that I'm only luke-warm about for the sake of a regular working week.

I just need some regularity now before I jump ship. It's like walking a tightrope. Goddammit they don't teach you this at journalism school!

And O,

So much yet to learn about one another.

But thanks for restoring my faith in the opposite sex. I feel so much for you and I love nothing more than just holding your hand. I knew there were good ones out there. :)

And finally - Ireland,

I've missed the fucking hell out of you.

It's been another challenging, confusing, eventful, exciting year. There's been so much laughter and love, new friends, new adventures; tears, worry, stress, chaos and lots of learning.

But God I just never stop missing you. It's almost like there's a little part of yourself missing every day, the part that I left back home when I took the gamble and jumped on that plane two years ago. The life of an ex pat.

I can't wait to see you in two weeks and to relax and release all this stress and tension that has been building over the last few months. Thank you for always being there for me to come home to. And please take it easy on the rain this time? :o

B xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I believe if you work hard,

you get where you want..

I just hope its true.

fingers crossed

I cant face this anymore, i have been let down so many times especially this past year and i cant handle anymore! I put my faith and trust in someone and they throw it back in my face or backstab me....i dont know how much more i can take!

I want you to be straight with me and just tell me you are interested or not dont string me along i cant take it anymore!

I just give up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear anxiety,

Thanks once again for royally screwing my life up. This time college. I'm praying and hoping that somehow exceptions will be made, but I have a feeling they won't be, and because of you I'll be stuck back in the same rut again. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I just wanted to pass that exam and move forward... but no, you came and you bit me so hard in the ass when I needed you not to.

I really really hate you...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I really hope you dumped his sorry ass. You are worth so so so much more that him. You have no idea how truly sick and twisted he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 katcha

Dear E,

here we go again, neither of us learning both of us repeating the same mistakes over and over again. its not the partner ill miss its my best friend. I tried today to make it better but you seem to have no interest maybe we should just gather the courage to walk away, i mean how hard can it be right? it happens others everyday of the week but we hold out making each other miserable rather than face the unknown. I wish it could go back to how it was at its best when you treated me like a princess and I couldn't be apart from you. where did it all go so wrong?

K

Dear Me,

Time to start making the hard decisions, you will get through it, your made of stronger stuff than you think, you have gotten through worse. Be brave and trust in yourself.

K x

• Advertisement

Dear P.
    I'm sorry i broke up with you, and i'm sorry i hurt you. I really am. But you hurt me too. I was put in the toughest position of my life during my time with you and you didn't show me one ounce of support, you only ever showed me that you were not in it with me. You made me feel used, and a problem.
    Last week when the group of us were in the pub together and you ran into the guy you know from home, well... I got on very well with him. Very well. He's so sweet and funny and we just click. And I've been on two dates with him this week. We know we should tell you but I don't want to yet because i'm scared of how you will react. I don't want to hurt you, but I think I deserve some happiness after the year I've had, and so far this guy makes me happy.

so PLEASE try and understand. I don't want to start a drama over something i'm not even sure will work out, but I think you deserve to know what is going on. So please don't go crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

For the people who are gone from my life in whatever way ..i will not forget you
    and i only wish that we had more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dear friends back home,

Please answer my e-mails. It makes me sad to send one after another with no reply in between :( You know I need the gossip!! And I've not been well lately and would love to feel comfortable enough to tell just one of you about it, but I don't feel close to you at all anymore.

Dear boyfriend,

You left behind a root beer and I don't like it. Come back and retrieve it so, and stay a while too. xxxx

Dear siblings,

You all have such promise. Please take charge of your own lives. I am not your Mammy and can't fix all your problems.

Dear self,

Stop taking on other peoples' problems and focus on your own. The past isn't going to deal with itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Dear Monday,

Admit Defeat.

Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dear back and hip muscles,

Please stop hurting, cramping, spasming, or whatever the fcuk it is that you're doing. This is getting really old really fast, I don't really like resembling a 90 year old woman in the morning at age 28, and I don't like the fact that every step hurts when I run. I'm showing ye some love, doing what the physio tells me... so can ye please start being nice to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Dear C,
    Thanks so much for rearranging your whole weekend so that you could be there for me, without me even having to ask. It's a bit scary though. I'm not used to relying on people and I'm scared to take that support because I'd miss it so much if I had to go back to being just me again.

xxx

Dear Sarah....

I wish i'd given you space, instead of panicking about loosing you when that was never going to be the case ...

I only hope that some day i'll be able to kiss your lips again, in the hope that we both still feel that connection.

You made me feel like a different person, but you know that already ...

My life in an upturned boat
    Marooned on a cliff
    You brought me a great big flood
    And you gave me a lift
    Girl, what a gift
    You tell me with your tongue
    And your breath was in my lungs
    And we float up over the rift

:(

Dear A

I don't know weather or not to contact you.
    You haven't contacted me for two months and I don't know if its best to leave things lie.
    But you were perfect. I've never met anyone like you that thought all those things of me...even though I never actually met you.

I just wish we had discussed no contact rather than just stopping...so I would know where I stood.

I want to contact you. I really do. I've had to stop myself so many times already.
    I miss you. I don't know what to do.

• Advertisement

A,

Why, if you ever felt anything, did you not say anything? Why did you treat me with such disdain those times when I was so nervous and stupid? I can't blame you for the memories your unpredictable mood shifts caused, but did you have any idea how that made me feel? Did you dislike me then as much as it sometimes seemed, or as much as you do now?

Why did you say that to me in November and then disappear? When I was in your town and you actually contacted me back, I was so flustered and afraid that I cancelled. I know that was stupid and immature of me, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I ever hurt you - did I?

The last I heard of you, it was that you were with someone new. It's been hard to accept, but necessary.

I miss you. Please be happy.

C.

Advertisement