Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Also, stalker, wtf? Leave me alone, I am not impressed.

I see you've been reading my emails again, too. Eff off and get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

my tremendous friend,

you wont hurt me, it wont end badly, just keep going, keep moving forward. read between the lines, you know how i feel.

Why are lovely and kind people struck down with awful illnesses? Why are they stuck in bodies which aren't are no longer capable of doing simple tasks? They are now confined to a wheelchair and it difficult for them to communicate as their speech is quite slurred. They are perfectly fine on the inside. What is the f**king point in doing this to people? Their whole life is torn apart and because of what? They are no longer independent. All they were doing was living a simple life and just starting their retirement. It should of been full of enjoyment. Not a living hell that they can never escape from. Please **** off strokes. http://www.stroke.ie/iopen24/warning-signs-t-483_487.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I should be happy right now but your going to have to win back my trust first. My gut feeling isin't good but I'm going to give you a chance anyways and see, don't mess me around again.

Dear boy that I met on a night out. I knew you were going to be lovely as soon as you stopped to talk to me. Been a while since I felt that spark after an encounter. But of course circumstance steps in again and as usual it could never happen, although it really out did itself this time!. I doubt it was mutual anyway, story of my life. I genuinely didn't have a clue though, just so you know, I wasn't 'acting cool', I was oblivious. So yeah - that was the real me, scary eh?. Not that you'll ever read this. But you were really nice and I really enjoyed talking to you, and sure, as awkward and shy as I am - I tried - so at least I've no regrets :)

Take Care
    Me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bugged

we're not fighting anymore cos I couldn't be bothered. you're probably delighted you've finally gotten things the way you want them - but I'm done - you just don't know it yet - I'm sure it will click soon - I'm not telling you - you can figure it out for yourself. do whatever you want - you do that anyway. I need more than the crumb you throw me every once in a while (that I should be so grateful for) pity you couldn't have gotten it together earlier - its too little too late...

Dear N

I once thought a sorry would have meant nothing.

But right now, it would mean the world.

I'm not here anymore, there's no going back not for me. But the one word would lessen my load so much. I still carry that conversation with me every single day.

Me.

Pity. Pity. Pity.

Here was I thinking there was no way you could feel the same way - the way that made me twist myself in knots rather than risk being hurt and do the things that drove you off.

If only you had called, texted, written as I desperately waited for you to do, but you never did, and I thought you didn't care. Why would you? My attempts to contact you were out of desperation, not to keep you hanging on.

If only I had seen you instead of shrinking from the cruelty of the past. If only you had seen me instead of someone who was trying to hurt you.

I never lied to you, but I never told you the truth either. I love you. I am so sorry. I know it can make no difference now. If I see you I will tell you, if I can work up the nerve. I have to try for the sake of honesty. You must believe I never meant to hurt you.

C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Dear you...
    I didn't think your casual smoking up with friends would turn into a full on addiction. I've been trying to help you stop for a year now, and I'm at my wits end. You're repeating the year, you have a terrible cough and you're so lazy and distant, sometimes it feels like you don't love me or find me attractive any more...but if you're off it for a day you're my old bear again :) please stop, I never thought I'd say this but I will leave you if you don't. Please don't do this to us, I'm helping in every way I can

Dear M,

this time last year, i was happy, had got my course, was looking forward to starting, and to the big day out. you hadnt come into my life.. my other boy was my no 1 (still- unfortunately) , i had begun to fall for Mr. B... but i was floating happily..
    Oct came and went with grief, tears, new beginnings, fresh start, day out..
    and then came you.
    out of the blue when i thought this was me for life. single.
    you, when i look back, charmed me of my feet.
    made me feel 200% ,i was very happy, maybe i didnt show it. i was afriad of pushing u away by being too showy.
    then gone. just like that. gave no reason.
    i spent how long wondering what i done, xmas sucked, new year sucked, my bday sucked and i "got over you".

so why the hell do you still manage to creep into my head 8 months later.
    seriously. i know i'm bad, addictive even but i havent seen, we havent spoken, no calls or texts, have no idea if you're single or not now.

so please GET out of my head.
    funny thing is, i probably havent crossed your mind once in 2012. weird.
    alls forgiven , i just want to forget about you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭WhiteRose90

Dear xx,

You say you want me to put more effort into our relationship but I need to do things in my own time, not be pushed into it. I do try but it doesn't seem like I'm doing these things fast enough for you. You say you love me but, when I was being verbally attacked, our friends jumped to help me before you did and that was only because I had said for you to say something. Now I'm being put down for not liking all the same things as you. You said you'd be better off alone because of it and are now giving me the cold shoulder. Dump me or don't but I am not a play thing that should bow to your whim.

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

red,
    we are on a downhill slope, I seem to be giving all the time, and you seem to be taking, I am too old for this, and I have enough stuff going on, it could have been ok, if you had remembered my birthday.......................not even a card???????????????????????????/really????????????????????

I was up and down till now with you, but really have taken the biscuit this time................gonna break your heart and mine soon but I just cant do this anymore, trivial stuff is trivial but this is what makes life and I dont think you will ever be ready for a life with anyone but yourself

To my family: I'm thinking now of what an intolerable burden I placed on you just by pretending everything was alright when it very much wasn't. It was how I learned to deal with pain: to nullify myself, to close myself off. I never opened myself at all to anyone, I see that now. I didn't realise that it didn't solve anything, far from it. In fact, I hurt more people than I realised, and I only see it now.

To you: I think our issues set each other off in some strange way. I fell in love with the kind, sweet person I saw that night. And yet the person who was cold and responded angrily to perceived slights - suddenly I was ten years old again, deathly afraid of that sadistic man. I could only respond to that fear after that, even when you were so nice later on. And that response was destructive and rude and wrong in so many ways. And then there was the uncertainty of whether I should contact you. Did you want me to, or would you think me a stalker? Were you deliberately punishing me when you didn't? (And what on earth did you mean by saying I'd been quiet - though I'm only beginning to realise now.) Did you like me or not? (It seemed not.)

I don't know. I want to write, to explain, but there's the same uncertainty. And then - even if you wanted to have anything to do with me again, would I be paralysed with fear again in case I did something wrong?

I can't get rid of these thoughts, these fears. I suppose what I'm most afraid of is that disdain, that anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

ooh just having you reply to my emails makes me very happy :D
    it's the simple things you do that makes me love you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭WhyGoBald

To self: There is no such thing as closure. You cannot force someone to see things as you do. Just do what you have to do and move on and hope forgiveness will come later on. Only be a better, a much better person in the future.

And read this again and again until you believe it.

P.S. FU, scammers, spammers and various internet detritus.

Hate me and resent me - yes, you should, I behaved appallingly. But say I was a liar - how dare you. How dare you. I'm poor and sick and have no personality and can hardly string two words together - of course I'm shifty and couldn't attract anyone honestly. Oh, actually, I can't. No one has asked me out since I became ill. No one. Not you, not anyone. You gave me one little hint, once, then withdrew. I thought you were a monster - you thought I was a monster - two bloody idiots. Oh, of course I'm lying now. *eyeroll*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Dude,

You're making a scapegoat of me. You know how wrong it is. I know you know. I'll keep my head high and be a complete lady about this. I'm sorry you're stuck in this situation. But I am even more sorry for me.

Ladyface,

You may have the face of a lady, but you are far from that. You have kicked off something and have no concept of how far-reaching the effects are, particularly for me. I doubt you'd care if you did. I am going to pretend that nothing has happened where you're concerned, as the time is limited, but what you've done has broken my heart and I believe what goes around comes around. I hope, for your sake, it doesn't, because I'd hate for anyone to feel like I do right now, even you. And I mean it when I say that I have a profound lack of respect for you.

Just 'cos,

You're the icing on today's spectacularly sh!tty cake. But I both respect and appreciate where you're coming from, and am happy enough with your decision. But your timing could not be better.

It's going to be an interesting autumn.

Dear L,

I've known you for 6 years and I never thought that you'd ever want to be with me. Now that we're seeing each other, I still find it hard to believe. I can't put myself out there and tell you how I really feel because I don't want to scare you or put you under pressure. I won't be the person who starts that conversation, but I'm worried that we won't have it at all.

I only have a month left before I go back to the UK and I'm trying to enjoy our last few weeks together and get the most fun out of it. But at night I can't stop thinking about the conversation we're not having.. Will it be over between us once I go back? Was it just a summer fling that went too far with an old friend? Is there any way we could continue to see each other long distance?

I think we're great together, and I haven't felt this sure about anything in so long.
    You're beautiful and I've fallen in love with you. Please give me a sign as to where this is going.

Love S

Dear Me,

Grow some balls and try to bring up your feelings in conversation. Stop trying to make her laugh all the time, and show her how serious you are about this. Don't go back to the UK without some sort of declaration you fool!!

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

F,

3 months. Seems a lot longer since we've gotten together. You're incredible. The last 2 weeks have been taxing on both of us with various personal issues popping up to the surface but we're coping and getting through it.

Tipperary for a weekend soon with just us to escape from everything. I can't wait.

I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

I'm completely broken, its so unfair I wish you could open your eyes and see you hurt me too...Why can't you give us another chance I so wish you would, I hope you are as hurt as I am... Sad thing is I still love ya .... It will take me a very long time to get over you dude

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

You,
    I am so glad that we're on good terms again. I will always adore your lunatic ass, no matter how many times I might tell you I hate you. But, you know that. <3
    R x

Typical you!! You pop back into my life, with the same crap, same story and still manage to hurt me along the again when you apparently meaning to appologise!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Dearest aunt debbie,

Its quickly approahing the 1 year anniversary of my dad donating his kidney to save you from an early grave and you'ree still the same selfish person you ahvealways been.

Not even so much as a birthday card did you send to my dad - oh yeah i forgot it got lost in the post -bollx that!!...

He put his life on the line for you ( even after all the objections from my mam and his daughters) because he is a great man and wanted you to live so your grandkids could have a nanny but you and your evil, maliously hateful daughters just made our lives hell.
    Me, my dad & mam travelled all the way to california for this stupid operation and those 2 bitches treated my dad like dirt... Your friend(who we stayed with) treated us like family where as your lot would barely acknowledge us.

I dont think you realise how much stress and emotional torment you caused my family. I have never hated anyone in my life up until last year.now every time ithink of you and those cnuts or even hear ur name mentioned, i well up with so much anger and hate that it hurts.

They say karma comes back around, well i hope it comes aound in the form of a big ass truck when it comes to you three.

I hope for their sake that your daughters dont ever set foot in ireland again, cause after what they've done, they will have a few people baying for blood.

Enjoy the kidny you dont deserve.
    S

Dear you,

You hurt me with your setting me up with expectations/excuses/apathy/leaving it open/lies. You god damn hurt me. Intentional or not, I do not know but it does seem so. Why? You messed with my head. Would it not have been easier to leave it at the one night that we had? You fcuked me over as soon as you were finished with me. I didn't see this straight away because I believed you and your words and it was only something that I saw in time. For so long I clung onto something that maybe you were genuine but nothing came. Your excuses gave me a false hope. So so so cruel and selfish too. It's just as easy to be honest with someone and more respectful too.

I couldn't understand all that. I couldn't get my head around that and I didn't know Adam from Eve. My reaction was bad but come on! I was getting nothing from you but fcukery. I was crying out for honesty. For some sort of acknowledgment from something you opened and set and pretended that all was well but I was getting nothing from you. I'm sorry for any hurt that I may have caused you with my words. I suppose they were done for something - to close something that was left so open from you.

And I had to go and do it again. Stick in more daggers with my words and man I really layed into you this time.

Me

To my dearest Angels,
    Please come to my side and be with me and help me please. Please help me in particularly with healing from this man and the hurt he caused me his 'games'. I would love to wish for peace. Please help me from any backlash I may receive from him.
    Please, Angels, go to this man and help him too. If he is in any pain or hurt, help him get better. Please also tell him I'm sorry. u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭WhyGoBald

Oh you again, buzz off, will you.

Me

Dear F,

At times I wish that I never left Australia 14 years ago and came back to my girlfriend in Ireland. I loved you with everything I had, I still do love you.

Even though my girlfriend is now my wife and we have a child and I love them both there is still a huge part of me that thinks about you on a daily basis, about what we had, about what we were like together (perfect) and about what we could have been.

You have a husband and kids now, and at times I wish they were mine. I hope he realises how lucky he is.

I would love to hear you say you love me one more time, not so that it can go anywhere or that anything would happen from it, but just so that I would know that you feel the same way even though you are over the other side of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 thequieterone

Dear me,

Calm the fcek down!!
    Dont wreck it before it even started!

M,
    you're being an a**
    hello back and how are you wouldnt hurt.
    get over yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Seriously what the hell were you thinking you stupid bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 thequieterone

Why the hell cant i just completly forget about you.
    I've met other since you, i have interest at the moment and yet i'm still comparing, wishing it was you!
    Get out of my head please. this is killing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I don't know what to do about this. The other night really put a dent in my confidence, it hurt me and I feel inadequate. I've felt like this for a while but the other night has made me feel a whole lot worse. I really need someone to talk to but I feel I have nowhere to turn with an issue like this.

Advertisement