Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

D, a chara,

Cén taoi nach bhfuil tú ag freagairt mo theachtaireachtaí?
    Dúirt L go raibh suim agatsa ins mé ach is cuma nach bhfuil.
    Níl mé in ann stop a chur le smaointiú fá dtaobh duit.
    Cronaím thú agus ní dhéanann sé ciall ach tá an uaigneas millteannach orm gan tusa i mo shaol.
    Cuir scairt orm, le do thoil!

Lé grá (nó lust?),
    ó M, xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

B-

You make my heart sing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear guy A - you really hurt me, it was a really cruel thing to say, you knew it was my first time, you spoke like I was just a worthless thing to be used for your pleasure. I deserved more respect than that.

Dear guy B - I don't even know what that was, seriously. 5 years since I last spoke to you and still all you do is get p**d with the lads every weekend "havin' the craic". You'll never grow up.

Dear guy C -I know it was only a few dates but I think you might actually be crazy.

Dear guy D -I fell for you big time, you were one of the nicest, kindest, warmest guys I'd ever met...or so I thought until you left and I found out you'd had a girlfriend back in your own country who you were cheating on with me the whole time.

Dear guy E - I settled for you for a while, until you called me on it, you were such a lovely guy, I just really wanted it to work, but you were right, there was just no spark there.

Dear guy F - I'm half sorry I ever met you, it was easier when I didn't know what it felt like to really click with someone. If only we'd met sooner, if only you hadn't emigrated, maybe we'd still be together.

Dear guy G - I was in the depths of depression and you messed with my head big time, you knew how vulnerable I was but I acknowledge I only have myself to blame, I really thought I could do the no strings sex thing - at the time I thought having a little bit of intimacy would make the pain easier to bare but all it did was make me feel more alone.

Dear guy H - Eloquent words do not make you a nice person. I tried to help you and you threw it back in my face, it's the root of the problem though isn't it - an underlying selfishness with no regard or care for consequences. I should have seen it sooner, so I take the full blame again for this one - you too were my own fault.

Dear Universe, Karma, God,

the above is the sum total of my love life to date, I think you'll agree it's pretty pathetic.
    I'm an honest, decent, kind, caring, considerate person who treats everyone with respect. Please cut me some slack. At 28 I think I've paid my dues, I don't deserve to keep meeting these kinds of men, I don't know why you keep sending them my way. All I want is a normal guy who is honest and kind who I am attracted to and who is attracted to me, is that too much to ask for? Please please don't turn me into a man-hating bitter singleton. Please.

Regards,
    Me.

I want to scream at you that I miss you. Do you even know? Do you miss me? Or have you noticed the drift? Even when you are around, your "youness" isn't there. Our connection isn't there. It's like I don't even know you anymore. I don't know if it's because I'm shutting you out, or because you're too awkward to be "you" or because time has passed and things can't go back. Either way, we haven't been "us" in about 3 months. And you know, I thought that was what you wanted. When you use words like "addictive", "needy", "selfish" and "intense" to describe a friendship you know it's unhealthy. You say it's problematic because you care too much. That's not a good thing and every relationship around us suffers because of it, from feeling uncomfortable to insecure to jealous, paranoid and lonely. I get this tunnel vision around you, and want more time with you, and more of a connection with you to the point of where nothing else matters except those moments where we are just us, and in that can be ourselves, and everything is good and fun and safe and understood. When I'm not around you and these feelings and intensity wear away, I can't believe we were ever like that. I've reread and replayed conversations we've had and I can't believe that I'd ever been so emotionally open with someone and vunerable. Stripped back and trusting. Naive. The comfort at the time seems second nature, but upon reflection it is alien and inappropriate. It is unfair and selfish. You're probably wondering why I've been pushing you away. It's childish, but you did do it to me first. Not pushed away, but you left. I was on my own for almost 2 months, and while I missed you initially, it soon became normal to be myself again, to be independent, to not have this splinter in my brain that's detrimental to my own realtionship, to not have this constant guilt and overwhelming urge to make everything logical, to find an explanation, to justify my past behaviour. But there is no explanation... and now you're back, and so those flood gates open. I have to close them, so have to shut you out. But by shutting you out, am I shutting out the best part of me that only seems to exist when you are around? Not that that has been happening lately... You don't need me anymore. You don't need to connect to me. So I don't need to connect to you. I don't need you. I don't want to need you. At least I tell myself, because you're going to go anyways, you're going to leave despite what you say, I can already feel you pulling away from me because you have her, and you are rightfully hers, but it still hurts because some things are special and "ours". I don't want it to be yours with her. What need will you have for me then? I won't even be someone to just pass the time with, because now she's there... I know you won't disrespect her by contacting me like I did with you, you won't give me that same level of quality time, or attention so the connection won't ever go back to being at that level it was at. I know you wanted a hug from me and I was reluctant to do it because I wanted to stay tough, and they make me so soft beacuse they are familiar and safe, and I yearn for that, and that makes it harder, same as when you look at me with the open puppy eyes, which don't want anything, except, I think want I want from you, which is just too difficult. Dont try to break down the wall I'm trying to rebuild. It's a preemptive protection strategy. I might as well get used to you not being there like you used to, and even though it hurts and makes me miserable, it will be worse in the long run. I don't really see any other option.

Dear Monday morning,
    Please be nice to me. I know I hate going to work everyday, but some mondays are so much harder than others. So please be nice
    Apprehensive

Dear boss,
    I really dislike you. Have done since day 1. There''s not much likeable about you and I knew that within 10 mins of meeting you. You're self-absorbed, conceited and an appalling manager. We're all fed up - and we would have told you if we thought you were interested, or that you'd actually do anything about it - duh. We don't need you and funnily enough, I think you know that. As much as I hate to admit it, you've wormed your way into my head and the thought of your presence ruins my Sunday evenings. I can't wait for the day that I can hand in my notice and never have to see you again. And it will come, sooner rather than later. I've never felt such a strong dislike for someone in my life before - that's some achievement on your part.
    Annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

I welcomed you back after all the hurt and heartbreak. I let you in even though i was terrified. I gave you a second chance. After picking myself up from the depression you left me in, building my life back up after you taking every aspect of it away from me. After being so focused on being strong without you i let you back in cause you were 'the one'. And now Im left brokenhearted again. Ive lost you again. Im the fool again.

I start my new job tomorrow and ive spent the whole day today crying and throwing up over you. The job that i worked so hard for when i was getting over you, the job that came with my 'new start', something i should be looking forward to, getting my outfit ready for, doing my nails, buying new work shoes, the only thing i can do is cry over you. I dont know how Im going to do it tomorrow and all i want is for you to wish me luck.

You broke my heart once, let me piece it back together and then broke it again into even more pieces and Im scared Im not strong enough to piece it together again. The feelings of rejection are twice as strong. The feelings of failure, inadequacy, betrayal, regret, fear, longing- theyre all twice as bad now. You promised you wouldnt hurt me again.

And instead of being angry and realising its best i know now all i want is for you to come over and give me a hug. I know id take you back in a heartbeat. All would be forgiven. And this makes me disappointed in myself because i know i deserve better but i just want you.

I wish the person i loved didnt hurt me so much. I wish it wasnt so toxic and painful. I wish you were here to tell me tomorrow will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MizzWolfie

Dear you,

I don't think I'll ever understand your decision. How could you have seemed to have loved me for all those years and one day not. The last three years were the happiest of my life. I want it back and I know I can't. I'm looking forward to the day when I can think about you and smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Dear Me...

As hard a decision it was to make. Its the right one for you so remember No Regrets!

S

A bolt from the blue. A revelation. A cruel lesson. Everything has turned back to nothing. I feel so deflated. I feel so naive. You made me feel like a teenager again but now I'm reeling and I know you are too. We found something special to share and now it's all gone in the blink of an eye. Yesterday I held your hand in mine and today I hold a ticket back to the old familiar darkness.

Dear heart,

I still love you. How I wish you could love me too, but that chance, if it ever existed, is long gone. If you asked me to I would come running and I'd never make the same mistake again.

Why is life so hard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dear Bob,

Let that be the first and last time you give your old organisation a dig out!

Hey C,

god i am maaaad about ya, you keep flirting with me, and prob pretending to Actually like me.. but if it wasnt for me and your brother, i probably would.
    and i'd probably be killed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dear s,

I told you once that a part of me would always love you. I was telling the truth- a part of me will, not all of me. I do love you, but not wholly, totally, overwhelmingly, not that way. I did once, but not anymore. I can't be the person I once was with you. things have evolved, I have evolved. the girl that said goodbye to you 9 years ago (9 years??? where the fcuk did that go??!!)is now a woman. you need to see that.

dear m,

its getting close now. things haven't gone entirely to plan on my side but that doesn't mean we have to abandon ship... does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Really wish I could go back to the glorious day in May when everything was cool.

It'll never be the same again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

J,
    I think you were right buddy. In desperate need of one of our bullsh!t conversations right now. I think about you way more than you hear from me and thats for sure.
    R x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

CP, thanks so much for being such a great dad and partner. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I miss you more now than ever! It's been 4 years :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

To the wench that made me so angry today,

I really hope Karma finds you and punches you in the face for our ignorance and stupid towards me today. No one deserves to be spoken to like that. Count yourself lucky i didnt kick you in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarah2304

Dear c,

You really are like something out of Mean Girls, who knew a film could come to life?
    I saw you make people you used to call your friends cry just because they did something you didn't approve of. Heck you even made me cry form just being so horrible . At lest we saw right through you, all you care about is what people can do for you and yes you are the one that has ruined a very good friendship, I can barely talk to her any-more because of how cruel you made her. I wouldn't be surprised if you did all of that just for a lift every day! That is how low you are. Now I see you ruin someone else who is such a lovely honest person that just wants to please everyone and looks out for them, It's shocking you can wrap people around you little finger.

I hope you wake up someday and realise how horrible you are and that even though you think you are 'popular' you are far from it

Dear X

Yes it has been a weird journey and maybe we where meant to be, but things just didn't work out.
    You can't see that now and I really don't think you ever will.

I'm lucky I got away. You think that you did no wrong but you did, you put me down since the start. How you treat your mother is disgusting. You really dont give a crap about her or anyone else.
    You are the one that is spoilt, money ruined you.

I can only thank you for one thing, for making a stronger person, to realise that money is over rated and you have made me more determent to have my life the way I want it to be not the way you want it!!!

I can't believe that you tried to trick me into getting back with you, fool me once shame or you fool me twice shame on me and I am no fool

I am glad that you have decided to stop talking to me (and better be for good)

you may think we where right for each other we where not! no one deserves to be treated like that

I miss you so much. I finally got you back and now ive lost you again. I miss you so much my chest hurts. The last time i was heartbroken, this time i cant even get over the shock of losing you a second time. Im lost. I just want you. I had finally gotten past needing you when i was upset and now all i want is you to comfort me. What am i supposed to do now?

• Advertisement

gphm wrote: »
    Dear Life/Universe/God,

I know this seems incredibly ungrateful, as there are literally billions of people so much more worse off than me. But I feel like I just can't take much more. I need a break. Recently, I thought things were turning around but what's happening now is making me believe things will never get better.

I always usually try to focus on the positives but that's been hard lately. I know lots of people have it tougher and everyone has their own battles going on, but I know so many people that seem to sail through life, while for the past few years I've had one big knock after another. And I know that you never know what's really going on in people's lives, but judging by the "problems" that I listen to some people moan about, there are some people living a charmed life.

I hate how I'm coming across in this. Defeated, negative, jealous. This isn't me. It's just a very bad day with raging hormones and loneliness on top of the most recent crisis. And this one really is a crisis. No-one sees this side, for the past few weeks I've been keeping positive and strong for everyone else. But now and again when I'm alone that just crumbles.

I know I say I can't take much more, but realistically if there's more hardship coming my way of course I'll take it, because what else can I do? But please, please consider giving me a break. I feel like I'm being punished for something, it's been so many years since I've been happy. I'm a good, kind person. Even to have someone to give me a hug at the end of one of the many horrible days and tell me well done for coping and that things will get better.

Pretty please?

Dear friends,

Sometimes I think you're all amazing and other times, like now, I feel like it's all very one sided. I keep a lot of things to myself so I don't think any of you know how unhappy I am and how truly awful the past 3 years have been. But I've told some of you about what's going on at the moment. And yeah, you've all been sympathetic. But you know what, there are times when someone needs more than "let me know if you need anything". Because as someone that's been through a lot of stuff, I know that no matter how awful you feel it's very hard to admit that and ask for help, or a distraction.

I haven't heard from any of you since telling you, and the most hurtful part is that if this was reversed you all know that I'd be more pro-active. I'd drag you out and make you do something. I wouldn't make you talk about it if you didn't want to, but I'd just happen to be in touch more than usual. But here I am, sitting alone on a Saturday afternoon sobbing my heart out. And you'd all be horrified if you knew that! Me, who you all say is so strong and resilient. But I'm not strong enough to admit how hard this is and ask for help. Or even some company. Or maybe I feel like I shouldn't have to ask.

Dear me,

Chin up. You've been through worse and you can do it again. The end has to be in sight, surely?

Dear Life/Universe/God,

So the end wasn't in sight when I wrote this 3 months ago, I remember writing this and telling myself that things couldn't possibly get any worse. If only I knew it was all just beginning.

I'm at the stage where I can't imagine ever being happy again, or my family ever going back to normal. This has to be me overreacting, surely?

I can't go on like this. Can just a little positivity come my way? Please. It's not like I'm not trying.

Oh L,

I still don't know for sure how you feel about us, or even told you how I feel. Time is ticking by and you won't even be around for too much of this weekend. We may have to say our goodbyes this Sunday and I haven't stopped thinking about it. I hope that we can continue to be together because it's as perfect as I've ever had it with anybody.

I love you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Words hurt, in case you've forgotten that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear C

I wish there were some new bigger words to use to let you know how happy you make me but they haven't been invented yet.

Love me xx xx

To the ladies of boards,

its gonna be a long one so sorry! (:

To the love of my life,

You said i made you feel worthless for not forgiving your wrongdoings but now youre making me feel the exact same way. You destroyed me once and now youve destroyed me again because i still felt pain from what you did. It is killing me that youre leaving me because i was in agony from what you did to me. I know i gave you a hard time. I brought it up over and over. I reminded you constantly of what you did but i was HURT. I wanted reassurance. It wasnt easy for me to be going through that pain. I was looking to you for some proof that you were committed this time and every time you had a chance to do that you didnt. Meant to hang out you cancelled. Meant to meet me somewhere youd be late. You didnt make the effort when all i needed was to be shown that you meant what you said. Every mistake you made felt like another betrayal to me and yes it was over the top on my part and I gave you alot of grief over the little things but if they were only 'little things' why couldnt you just do them to begin with. If its not a 'big deal' then why cant you just do it. Why be late when you can be on time. Why make plans if youre gonna cancel. At a time when i was hurt and vulnerable and needed you to be reliable you werent and now Im left being the one who drove you away.

I realise fully my part in this. The fact i couldnt let things go. The fact i kept bringing it up over and over. I know how i didnt even try to forgive you cause i was so wrapped up in my own hurt. But ive apologised for that and realised that. You still cant see that you didnt play your part in making us work either. You said what i wanted to hear but when it came to actually showing it and being reliable you didnt. I need to realise this. I need to see that i wasnt ready to forgive you because deep down i knew you werent putting in The effort and taking responsibility. You wanted the happy ending without putting in any work on your part. Words are cheap and your actions didnt show me you had changed. Maybe if they had i wouldnt have felt the constant need to remind you.
    Ive accepted my failings and my wrong doing, i regret the hurt ive caused and can see how my behaviour led to where we are but you cant so i need to accept that maybe its for the best after all.

Im heart broken, id give anything to have you back but i need to accept that Im not the only one responsible for us being where we are. I wish you could see this.

I wish all this pain was over and we were happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Dear ?

My heads gone crazy! I know that's it's not something to get up in a knot over but I can't help it. I add things together and before I know it I'm creating a string of silly thoughts. I need something back that will stop my mind rambling just talk to me!

Dear

You are very hard to understand, you seem nice but are been a bit of a d*ck! She wont keep putting herself in a position to be treated like this so do something before it ends.

Dear...

I never thought I'd be sitting here after years and putting your things in a box, it sad but needed. Who knows what might happen in the future but please let me just think of what I need now for myself.

Dear.......

Don't you just love this love/hate relationship we have ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

L,

Told you that you could do it.

x

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear Universe,

Thanks for giving me a break. A chance. Things are finally beginning to fall into place. I was almost gonna give it all up there for a while. The little things really do make the biggest differences. So thanks :)

Fluorescence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I honestly don't know what the story is anymore. I know I haven't exactly been the nicest guy to you in the past but I really have been trying to make up for it, all I really want is to get on with you, not to be your best mate or anything, but I get bad vibes off you all the time, so I'm just going to leave it.

It's not that I am annoyed with you and don't want to talk to you, your a good buzz and I remember the good laughs we used to have. Ultimately, you have to have something in common with someone to talk to them, and we have run out of things in common, and I think it's better this way, but I honestly have nothing against you and will always wish you the best.

• Advertisement

Dear J
    I'm doing my best for you, but you have to help yourself too.

Dear N
    You broke my heart.

Dear S
    I love you.

Dear Me
    Stay strong.
    One day at a time.
    You'll get there... just keep going.

Advertisement