Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭WhyGoBald

Dear me: These next two years are going to be tough as hell, but you knew that. Even getting a bit done this week was utterly exhausting, and you haven't even started yet! Don't ever forget to ensure you are as healthy as you can be, to do something everyday, even when you least feel like it, and never forget how lucky you are to be doing what you love to do. This is about carving out a future, and not letting people down. And hopefully having some fun amongst the toil!

To those who recommended and accepted me: thank you, you don't know how much it meant to me. Thanks for helping me to start again.

To - : Pity I wasn't so honest before, isn't it. I wish I had trusted you with my heart. I saw things in such a distorted way, and wasn't aware of the massive chip on my shoulder. I wasn't imagining things, was I? I mean, there was something, wasn't there? Ah well. If it were possible to go back to this time last year and do things differently, I'd be there right now. I'm sorry you had to pay the price so I could grow up at last. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Bassic

After all these years I can finally move on. I can be myself, dictate my own life and be in in control.

No more stress over nothing, no more worrying over rubbish, no more doubting.

Today the rest of my life begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

GET OUT OF MY FAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!

Interfering hungry b*tch.

:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

B,

I miss you...
    i know we not while close but i do miss you now and especially when i know you're not gonna be home until xmas if even.
    emailing is not the same.

Fcuk Ireland and its recession taking all my family abroad.

• Advertisement

Dear A

now I that I finally messaged you I can't stop checking to see if you messaged me back.
    I feel I am already obsessing when I promised myself I would take it slowly this time.

It hasn't even been 24 hours :(

Not sure if I have done the right thing or not.....

Do you see the sun in the morning, when you open your eyes? Does the light come and chase away the black of the night? I hope you never take that for granted, because it's what you've taken from me.

I open my eyes and the darkness remains, my day tinged with the shadow of you and what you did. I hate you. I hate you more than words can describe..and almost as much as I hate myself. Almost.

If tears could burn through skin, all that would remain here would be dust. I'd no longer exist. Still, I often question if I do.

Do you see what you've taken from me? What you've done? Do you even care or spare a single moment to the consequence? A few moments of relief for you, and a life of hell for me.

Sometimes I don't notice the tears fall until it's too late to stop them from taking over. Those are the hard times. Those are the times when I wish I wasn't here; when I wish I wasn't me.

People love me, but I can't love them back, because I can't love myself. How can I love when filled with so much hate?

How can you live, when you've put me to death.

no, looks like you're exactly the same. Wrong again. :(

Dear HAL 3000

Go away, leave me alone. Stop trying to mess with my life in a virtual hiding-in-the-bushes kind of way. Exactly how long have you been stalking me, anyway? You don't frighten me any more, you just annoy me.

Really. Just push off and get some kind of a life away from the bloody computer.

P.S. Scum-sucking bottom-feeder. Coward. Creep. You might yet regret those harassing emails.

C,
    You make me smile and blush.
    You're just lovely
    S xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

F,

Breaking up sucks but it's for the best and I'm glad we managed to end things on good terms.

the past three months have been great but the past few weeks have become a monumental strain and my head's a mess right now. Perhaps we could revisit this later down the line but right now I need to take care of myself before I can start to think about taking care of anyone else.

We both have our demons and taking on more than we can handle isn't healthy for either of us and I ended up taking your issues on board and tried hard to help you but completely forgot about myself in the process.

It hurts a bit but we agreed it's for the best.

Take care.

Dear -: ALL I wanted was for you to believe I was genuine (that is, the only thing I thought was left), but nothing I can do or say will change your perception of me. I just want to say this, though – I hope one day you will see things as they are. Do you have any idea – you do of course – what it’s like to grow up here with a way of thinking that is one tiny bit different, and how you are classed as a lunatic or a fraud. That you think that of me is the worst thing you could do to me, and it’s torn me up for a long time. I don’t know how it weighs against how I hurt you – maybe only a pittance, who knows! But it’s bad. I have to stop dwelling on it, though, it’s essential that I focus my energy on my life now. I hope you’ll believe some day that I really did like you for who you are – I know, what a ridiculous notion! If there was one thing I could ask of you – the only thing, don’t worry - it’d be that. I hope you consider it - not that you'll read this (probably).

Not dear other person: I got too comfortable in this username – something that I must never be allowed to do – I have to be looking over my shoulder all the time! The field is yours – post as me and other characters all you want, start your innumerable threads. I won’t be posting here again in any form. But believe me, I don’t give a damn about your sick game. You’re wasting your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Dear cigarettes,
    I've known you all my life through my parents. We got personal when I was 12 and you've latched onto me since then.

You got off on how much I needed you and you were my crutch in times of need. I spent a stupid amount of money on you over the past 14 years.

Well, no more. I'm sick of being broke, smelling like an ashtray and having a cough.

It's been 3 days since we broke up. A part of me misses you but I know that it's just the comfort of our relationship I miss, it's not you I miss at all.

Goodbye old friend, may we never meet again.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Dear me, well done on the 20 min jog today, this time wasn't as bad as the last time you did it (you worried about it way less-well done!!). About the other thing that happened today, don't be that idiotic EVER AGAIN!!! You got off so so lightly and it won't happen that way the next time. It could have gone totally the other way, so cop the feck on!

Be positive about getting a job, you've had loads of interviews and they're all practice for the job you'll eventually get. You're getting more and more confident as the time passes, it'll happen soon I can feel it :)

Dear C,
    This is such a weird situation but I love being with you, our conversation flows so easily and that doesn't happen with everyone I talk to. I want to know everything about you, all the little teeny details. I really look forward to meeting you and hate leaving when its time to go. I guess I'm falling in 'like' with you :D This may not work out, we haven't even kissed yet, but I'm really glad to have met you! Even if it doesn't work out, I think i've made at least a friend for life :) If things don't work out, I'll be glad I tried, because I don't often try so this is really new to me. Go easy and be patient xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

O,

I was hoping you'd stay a little longer. I know you can't but I was hoping you would. For me.

R

Y,

I'm sorry that I dumped you for having the audacity to love me. I know that's not what I told you at the time, but it's the truth. I still think about you, and I wonder about what a fool I was to even go out with you in the first place. We were such great friends but I ruined it all for a short-lived ego boost. What the hell was I doing?

In the end, it was a bullet dodged for you. I doubt you ever would have accepted that I was an emotionally stunted psycho unless I'd ended it. I'm glad you got away. I'm happy for you that you're in a happier place now. I just wish I was too.

Sorry for everything,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

C, I love you more with each day that passes. B xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

B,

It's been over 16 weeks since I saw you last. Missing you is a constant, dull ache, but some days it hits me harder and today is one of those bad days. I need for you to hug me and look at me the way you do, and tell me that everything will be okay and that I can do this. I need to see you to make sure that you're still there, you're still you, and that I haven't just made you up in my head. It's been too long, and even though every day brings me closer to when I will see you, it's still too far away.

I hope everything goes well for you this week. I have no doubt that it will because I have the utmost faith in you and your abilities. You're going to be AMAZING. You are amazing. I really can't wait to see you again, it's the only thing keeping me going.

xxx

Dear you

This is the first thing I've ever wanted to fight for in my life.
    I've been wandering aimlessly for years now, everyone always told me happiness was about achieving your goals and following your dreams. I never really understood the truth in that until now. I never actually had any dreams, I'd never found anything that really made me happy, that I really felt good at. This last year has been the worst of my life and yet strangely also the best. I know what the goal is, I've finally found it. You said something that night, I hope it's true. I don't know if this goal will allow me to stay in this place just yet, but I'm going to do all I can to try and reach it and anchor myself here. Life has always teased me, it brings me something good shows me glimpses of happiness and then snatches them away again. But for the first time I can ignore the future and enjoy the now, its probably going to snatch you away too, and I'm in tears even writing this, but the pleasure of meeting you of finally 'getting it' is worth the pain the next few weeks may bring.

Thank you for liking me for me when so many others couldn't.

Love, Me xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Dear C,
    That conversation we had (on facebook) was amazing. I'm so glad you feel the same way. This is scary and weird being completely honest and open with someone. You're a sweetheart :)

Dear Me,
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Why are you all so cold towards me lately? What am I doing wrong? I can't remember the last time I felt like you wanted me here or the last time that any of you gave me a hug. Am I really so awful?

Babe, the only time I feel like I'm wanted is when I'm with you. xxx

Now you have me in tears. I am so, so happy for you.

P.S. I love you, you silly eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

D,
    Where in gods name did you come out of eh? Its like a fecking Michael Buble song "Wherever you are whenever its right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life".
    You make me ridiculous amounts of happy, despite first impressions. Its been a month and I am SO comfortable with you. I feel like I can tell you things and you don't show signs of running - this is something I should have known from that first conversation, but having gotten to know you better you're as much of a mess as I am and I'm not scared, not one bit. This is different. I am walking into this differently. I know better or at least I will claim I do.
    I like you a lot and have a feeling I could fall hard if given half the opportunity. Please try to not break my heart too much, the sello tape has gotten a bit worn from holding it together.

Yours,
    L. xxx

C,
    As much as I can say Beyonce is right and that you are a douche you are always going to be the first man I ever properly fell in love with.
    And the fact that you forgot my birthday hurt. Just a bit.
    I hope she makes you happy. And I hope you treat her better than you treated me.
    Maybe we can be proper friends someday but not now. There is a little bit of a latent love there and thats not a healthy ground for us, too much has gone on.
    One day I might forgive you fully for breaking my heart and keeping a piece.
    Until then I wish you well and we'll talk like we always do about french horn and nights out.
    I so want to end this on "With all my love" but that just feels wrong for so many reasons,
    L.

C,
    You my darling. Are a wonderful intelligent man who I love and adore with all my heart. And I am incredibly happy we didn't work out because I would have hated you for it.
    Thank you for being wonderful.
    Lots of love,
    L.

M,
    Thanks for looking out for me.
    All of the love in the world and the heavens,
    L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

ah, seen this on facebook today and loved it

Dear Mother in law,

I dont need you to teach me how to handle my children,

I am living with one of yours and he needs a lot of improvement!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

K - Miss you everyday man, really wish you were here.

Little Cat - You were the best Cat ever and I miss you immensely. I don't think I could keep another Cat.

I've just realised it was you that night, I said I wanted to talk to you . . . and you came! I should have known, I 'felt' you. But why such a big change? You were unrecognisable. I don't understand . . .

Are you someone else now? I don't know if I should be heartbroken or 'grieving' for the loss of the man I loved. I'm so confused right now. I've been deliberately erased, haven't I? Worse even, I can't tell you how much it hurts for someone to want you gone that much.

I'm sorry . . . for every pain I've ever caused you. You've left a great gaping hole in my heart. You stared into my soul with what seemed like intense hatred when I last saw you. I couldn't bear for you to hate me but I guess I'd probably deserve it. Should we happen to meet again in another time, or another life, I just hope that we are both in a much better place when that happens. I don't feel anything about anything or anyone anymore, there's just nothing and emptiness . . . I barely even exist.

:(

I hope you made it home okay. Dear god, if you exist please, please watch over her and look after her, keep her safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You can't text me back but yet you have time to play games on Facebook? Nice.

I was warned about trusting you years ago and I didn't heed it, now you are showing your true colours, I don't trust you, I would never again tell you my deepest darkest secret, when I have visited you, I come away feeling depressed, you make me second guess myself, well, it ends now, I don't want someone like you in my life.

You are so two faced, you told me that you hated her, you said wouldn't trust her but yet you are now friends with her, there's something wrong there!

• Advertisement

To Mim: You have been a rock to both of us! You are such a good person, so generous, so thoughtful, so cool. I am indebted to you for so many reasons, but mainly for just "being there". It's unfortunate there's so many miles between us, we'd love to see ye more and know ye better. We wish you both all the love and luck and happiness you deserve! You rock, you really do!

To Orl: You have no idea how many times in the last few months I wished I was dead. I'm so tired of everything. Situations, circumstances, everything. I want to just give up. I wish so much more and so much better for you, and I feel I have failed you because I can't give you all the wonderful things you deserve. You are my life, my world, my crutch, my hottie, my everything. You deserve so much more than I can ever give. I adore you and I thank you for being a part of my life. I really don't know what I'd do without you. You rock too, but you rock my world!

Advertisement