Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No, you haven't quite got me down yet, el creepo. As my grandmother used to say, may the devil swallow you sideways.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MizzWolfie

B,

Did you feel what I felt? How much do you really like her? I'll bow out now.

C

A,

"I know that only time will tell us how to carry on without each other.

So keep me awake to memorize you, give us more time to feel this way.
    We can't stay like this forever but I can have you next to me today.

If I could make these moments endless, if I could stop the winds of change,
    if we just keep our eyes wide open, then everything would stay the same.

We'll let tomorrow wait, you're here, right now, with me.
    All my fears just fall away, when you are all I see."

These are the lyrics of my favourite song. I never, never thought I would be living these words out... like I do now. So much I would like to say to you. But I've already said so much, too much. I just have one request. I know how hard it is to stay open. I keep opening up and shutting down just like you do. So I know how hard it is. But if you could just keep your heart honest and open for as long as you're here. Please. We'll deal with the goodbye somehow. I don't know how. Oh god! Let's not think about it right now, let's just feel. Let's be what we are, what we've been for months, what we were on Tuesday and on Wednesday and on Thursday...

Note to self:

Just breathe through the pain, breathe through it. Don't shut your heart, keep it open, even though it hurts so much. The pain will transform itself, it will transform you, and then it will leave you. Be grateful for the memories you're creating right now and don't wish them away. They will be a source of comfort for you in the future. And love him if you have to. Love him. If you have to...

Dear Boy

Today just proved that I am completely unloveable. I don't know why you'd want me. If only you knew. I've been holding back because we are such different people. I really like you but I know if I'd let you in you'd have run away. I don't think you'd understand the dark places my thoughts go sometimes. The overwhelming pain of it all. And the other stuff. It's probably best it ends now before we got that far. As much as I desperately wish it wasn't so, I am not someone who can be loved by another, I'm a lost soul who just doesn't have a mate. You deserve better than me.

Thanks for last few weeks, for actually allowing me to believe that someone could ever find me desirable. It was really lovely but reality has to set back in at some stage.

Take care, i'll miss you
    love,
    a silly girl.

I never thought you could love someone and hate them at the same time, til there was you.

I still love you.

But you're gone now and I think it's for good this time, it's too hard. It should never have been this hard.

From Me.

• Advertisement

Dear Mammy,

Do you remember when I used to sit on your lap? It was a sad day for me when I got too big, because there I felt so safe and happy. I cannot wait to get home in a couple of weeks and give you a hug. I know you've been so worried for me, and I've tried your patience so much, especially by not opening up to you. But I'm going to be ok now, with some hard work. Thanks for everything. I love you so much.

Dear biggest brother,

You went out to Woodies and got me a spider catcher so that I wouldn't be annoyed by the spiders that run out of the bathroom at me, and so that the spiders would be safe and happy too. You were always my model of what a man should be. You have no idea how wonderful, how special, how gifted, how generous you are. I'm amazed at it when I think of what our father is, and how those Christian (!) Brothers mentally tortured you. I am nearer hate than I have ever been when I think of them. When I was at my lowest ebb, sick and bullied, you helped me, you showed me what love and kindness are. I'll never forget it, and I know life isn't easy for you so I hope I can help you a little too.

Dear God,

Hi bud, thanks for being there for me. Could you look after someone for me?

Dear sweetheart,

I misread you once again. I thought you were rejecting *me*, but I see now how much pain you are in, I missed it again because of my hurt and insecurity. I'm not asking anything of you except one more thing; I just want you to know my love for you is unconditional. I don't need anything from you, but I want you to be able to reach out to me. How much or how little is entirely up to you, if it's just to say hi, or have a cuppa and a chat - take it at your pace. Just so that you know there is someone in your corner.

Please don't think that pain you carry with you from long ago makes you a terrible person; I know your dear heart - how do you think I fell in love with you so easily! You need to heal that hurt, the thing that makes you feel weak and fearful. Otherwise that hurt keeps you hurting other people. I know - I've done it too. Remember, you have already helped me by making me see my own hurt, and I am seeing that I am strong for having survived. You can do it too, but you *cannot* do it alone.

Please keep fighting. Please don't give in to the darkness, that cynical voice that is not really part of you but an echo of someone else. I am praying for you every day.
    My dearest love always,
    Me. xxxx

www.youtube.com/watch?v=czRqXLSzLWQ

This is to my dog, but I feel the need to express it:
    Today I woke up stroking my teddy, dreaming it was you. I'm sorry I came all the way to the other side of the world and left you with my folks, but I know they're taking good care of you. Be a good girl, ok? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hang in there. Things could be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Dear S,
    I'm afraid if I tell you what's wrong you'll think I'm crazy or mental when all I really need is someone to talk too. I feel completely lost.

I'm sorry I've been pushing you away but it's only so I won't get hurt anymore.
    I'm sorry I'm a bad friend

E

Dear Mc

I'm so sad right now, words cant explain it. And at the same time, every inch of my body hopes this move will work out 100% for you. You are really brave to do this, I wouldnt have been.

The past is the past Mc, a lot of hurt happened and I honestly dont know how you feel about me, probably not much. Not what I wish you did. But I love you so much, this really signifies the end though. You'll meet someone through this and even if you dont, you'll probably go abroad to work!!!

I wish I didnt have a heart, love should not hurt this much!!

Take care of yourself, keep your personality, your sense of humour, your interests and wit!! And maybe come back, if you have any thought of me, or what was good about us, let something bring you back!!

Goodbye! Love you!

• Advertisement

please just text me, i want you so much i think you're great. you were online tonight. looking for a replacement, please i messed it up, i'm sorry just give me another chance. please. I went out tonight. i'm so drunk but all i can think of is you, please text me. I think you're amazing.

me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

B,

That was an interesting drunken conversation. Do you keep me at arm's length sometimes because you feel that way about me? Or am I forever untouchable because of O? What happens when O leaves?

B

M,

Please text me tonight!!!

F,

You are such a hypocrite. Ive listened to you moan on and on about your worries and this is something that really has hit me hard and you had to be such a b***ch to me today about it, instead of asking me if I was ok! thanks a bunch!!!

M (1)

I still like you more than just hello, wanna drink?
    i know its awkward cos of him but dont shut me out.
    Good friends would be good, grass is always greener i suppose though.
    I'll always hope though! ;)
    xx

M (2)

For first time since we met, i didn't have that urge to hug u when leaving. wow!
    seriously, for me thats huge. you know what im like.
    it was kinda weird meeting yesterday.. like august never happened. you obv are oblivious to how hurt i felt after that week.
    ignoring me then saying things hurt my feelings.
    I still love you to bits, dont get me wrong but still hurts.
    xx

M (3)
    I know i keep saying i'm over you, but i wont this time.
    Whatever is all i've to say.
    Still smile when i think of us. no frowns yet.
    Love

D
    Bad timing for asking you i know. i'm sorry.
    but you know she's more important to me. and i see her wondering how she's gonna get next dinner etc. it hurts me so much.
    and then you dont even acknowledge me. first the letter you completely ignore and now this.
    It was a plea.
    seriously!!
    Thanks for not too much.

Guys
    I miss you all.
    xx

Oh never mind, I said I'd stop so I should - the more I try to explain the more I push you away and the more I encourage the echo. I'm here for you, and deep inside you know that, so don't try and project your bad feelings on me. Let me know when/if you feel like talking.

Don't make me regret telling you how I feel. I still don't, even though you treated it so cavalierly. See you on the other side. x

i wish i could have said more on saturday, i was mute on sunday, terrified on monday, distraught on tuesday, and nervous today. I want to tell you, please let me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Are we sisters again? Have we drawn a line? Are we going to draw a line?

I'm confused about how I feel and how I should feel. I'd like it if this was it though and we were leaving all the BS behind us.

One thing though, can we promise each other that we'll only believe what the other says and not be played off each other again? Instead of so and so said this and that, can we just trust each other? If we could do that I'd be happy.

Why do I fall so hard so fast. I Know you meant well but i cried myself to sleep.
    Sometimes I feel like life is just one cruel joke after another.
    I miss you already. You are by he way, whether you know it yet or not, but just not with me.

I don't think I could ever trust you again after all you said, and it kills me. It ****ing kills me inside knowing that there won't be a next time this time. There was always a next time, remember? The end was never really the end, I think we both always knew that.

This time though, it's different. I can see the reality of the situation. I admit I said some hurtful things, but what you said was wrong - just wrong.

I wish I could hate you for how much it all ****ed with my head. I wish I could forget you. I wish I didn't care what you thought; I gave you the chance to take it back, but no - you couldn't even give me that.

I wish it all went differently. I wish you had cared about me the way I cared about you. I wish I'd been worth it. And I wish you weren't such a c.unt!

But the thing is, I think I love you.

What does that say about me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Dear Acceptance,

I thought you'd be taller, or more colourful or something, but your not. :rolleyes:
    I didn't even see you sneak up on me there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Why couldn't you be upfront with me? You've been such a major disappointment, you were the last person I expected to pull a stunt like this.

I'm not even upset about what happened, I'm just so gutted that you couldn't even strap on a pair and be honest with me and tell me what's going on. That makes you weak and immature, even though you're 5 years older than me.

I'd rather be mad at you, but nope, I'm just so let down.

Dear phone bill,

You must be having a right laugh!

Kindly fuck off and take your 'roaming data' with you.

Regards,

Beks

I need to talk to you, please let me, I dont think its too much to ask, you dont have to say anything....just listen. I hope you can. X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Four months on, after you walked out on our 7 year relationship without a word.

You are the biggest coward ever, I never thought I would end up hating the one person I loved so much. I cried for a bit but you made it so easy for me to get over you.

Guess what though, I am the happiest I have been in a long time. I feel and look stunning and have the most wonderful friends in the world who care about me.

Sucks to be you.

O,

I guess this is it.

Why did it take until last night for us to have a proper conversation about this?

And if you're so 'cynical', why have you pinned those two cinema tickets from one of our first dates to your fridge? Why did you look like you were about to cry as I walked away last night? Why have you been talking about me proudly to anyone who will listen since we first got together?

I've got feelings you know. I've got a heart and soul and I deserve more than someone who can't be bothered fighting for me when it becomes complicated.

I'm cynical too. I don't believe in long distance either. But I was willing to try something new. For you.

It sort of hurts that I'm on my own in that. It kind of hurts to lie in bed without you.

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dear M,

here I go again, posting in here about you when I'm drunk, in vino veritas as I've said before.

so, it's nearly here, nearly upon us. how did that happen?? where did the last 6 months go?? what about everything that was supposed to happen in the last 6 months.... oops... the best laid plans!

so, I didn't quite keep up my part of the bargain. but it was a bargain with myself, altho it would have been for your benefit, you never knew of my plans/intentions. I need to remember that. and I need to remember the way things were in Paris in 2009... cos that's how things are now, more or less.

I can't wait. don't disappoint, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

Dear boyfriend

I love you but if you write up crap on MY board's account again when you get in trouble on yours I will kill you :)

Ps I love you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

To the idiot posting on my brothers Ask.fm,

If you were as brave as you think you wouldn't be hiding behind a keyboard and posting anonymously. Get a life, you coward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Dear Grandad,
    Please don't die - I love you xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 star_light

deelite wrote: »
    Dear (Ex boyfriend),

Look what you're missing......

love it :)

Advertisement