Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

To N,

Thank you for treating me like sh!t all those years and finally making me realise what an awful person you really are. I still get your txts looking to meet up (only last night), thanks to you I know have the strength to ignore them.

I wonder how your wife of just over 2 years would feel if she knew you were cheating on her ,with me, all the time you were going out together, engaged and married.

I still cant have any contact with you as you just bring me back down every single time. So best of luck for the future, im sure you will find some other gilly to take your crap off you. So glad im finally out of it. x

PS, and your crap in bed, there are exercises you can do to help you with your problem !!

Brilliant thread x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

To A---

I want to tell you that I love you more than I anyone I have ever met. I couldn't say this to your face, as we are both as stubborn as each other and don't like showing weakness to each other! (being soppy). We are so alike.

I just want to say that when I see your face I am happy.

Love MM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

To G.,

Your nature is so cynical it is a bit scary to see sometimes. None the less, I'd love to see you happy, to meet you walking down the street clearly besotted with the lucky girl you're with. That's how I know I still care, after all this time. Hope it happens for you in whatever format would work for you. Take of yourself, and let other folks in from time to time, it's good for the soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Hey Love,

Never been so happy to have a laptop fail.

Lots of love,

Walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Bunnywabbit

To you

Ive never known such a selfish, arrogant person in my life! You make me feel like crap. And I wish you'd wash more so that I dont smell u before I see you..

:D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Dear 17 year old self
    You're going to have your full licence soon, but that doesn't mean that you have to drive everywhere. You've built up such good habits walking to the cinema and pool hall with J, don't let it go. You'll put on a butt load of weight, which you'll still be struggling to lose at 25. Don't get lazy now!

Dear 19 year old self
    I know you're in a strange country and you miss home and you're very sick, but that doesn't give you an excuse to eat that much chocolate. Seriously. I know it's comfort eating, but seriously. Think of the bingo wings, won't somebody please think of the bingo wings!

Dear 20 year old self
    Well you've got a job now, time to start being sensible and saving money. No, seriously. You don't need a new mobile phone every 3 months, the one you have is fine. Also, if you're going to go to the bother of doing a diploma at least make an effort.

Dear 21 year old self
    Ok, just because your credit card has a 6 grand limit, you don't actually have to max it. It's a limit, not a target. Do you not think a mortgage is enough debt for one person? Oh, and go to the focking gym, it cost enough, at least use it.

Dear 25 year old self
    You've married the man of your dreams! Now is the perfect time to go on a permanent diet, not even so much diet, just get off your ass and go for a walk from time to time (as soon as you get off the crutches), the poor dog will get cabin fever for sure!

Dear Husband,

You make me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but if I find out I'll do it again a thousand times. I'll love you forever. Thank you for being my better half.

Dear Bella,

Thank you for picking me up at a point in my life when I don't think I could have felt any lower. I love coming home in the evenings to see your happy face and waggy tail, it's wonderful to have someone so genuinely excited to see me. I don't even mind your farts, after like 5 seconds they're tolerable. I've learned that the trick is to pull my sweater over my face, then it's not so bad. You're wonderful.

Dear Mum & Dad,

Thank you so much for everything, there really aren't words. Ye are both amazing.

Dear Somebody,

I'm sorry I didn't realise you were there until you were gone. I'm not sure if that would have made a difference, but I guess I'll never know, and that's hard. I miss you even though I didn't know you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Dear sister, why did you turn into a moody b!tch towards me? And every time you failed to see what you did wrong and turned it around on me.

You turned on me for no reason. Half the stuff you blamed me wouldn't even come from a 15 year old. You acted like a child, a spoiled little brat. Some of the things i dont even remember, it was that stupid. But to blame me for things that went wrong in your life was pretty low. You misplaced a book and blamed me for taking it, amongst other things ???

How can you fail to see where you went wrong ??? You should never blame someone else for things that doesn't go your own way in your life. You're in control of your life, no one else. Dont blame them if things doesn't go your way.

And just because i didn't put up with being blamed, rightly so - anyone else would get angry too - you blamed me. Turned it around on me when i was angry, telling me i was jealous of you. That was the biggest trick in the book, to turn it around on me.
    And what did you use, your job. You honestly thought I was jealous of you cause I was in a job I didn’t like. You know what, it wasn’t the worst, it was a job. It was money. It gave me something, to learn other things I wanted to do. Like driving, swimming, etc. I could walk away at the end of it. It didn’t bother me. And you threw it in my face, telling me I was jealous of you. Of what? You mind kids, I don’t like them, how can I be jealous of that?

You've hurt me and you never once cared how i felt or thought. It was always about you.

You wished me dead this time last year and lashed out on me splittling my head open. I very well could have ended up dead with any kind of a head injury.

Not once have you ever apologised.

You didn't want me to go back to college either. What will you have against me ??? Grow up and sort your mental health issues out. Well guess what, i will never let you treat me like a piece of sh!t again. You have been jealous of me and I don’t know why or what brought it on. Get over yourself.

Dear 16 year old self,

It's your birthday. You're on a plane at the moment, flying home from your cousin's wedding. You caught the bouquet there, and you hope this heralds a new day in terms of your relationships with men. You've never kissed anyone. This has bothered you for years. I like to think that, at the time, you were too advanced for your peers, but you thought it was because they thought you were fat and ugly. Speaking with the benefit of hindsight, you care too much what other people thought of you. They aren't worth your time and they certainly aren't worth the endless self-agonising you engage in over the next few years. Don't worry - kissing and all that jazz is all ahead of you. Not for a few long years yet, but you get there eventually.

I know it can look pretty bleak at the moment, but life gets better, it really does. Once you're finished school, that is. Until then, you're continually frustrated, and with little power to influence anything other than your physical appearance you will turn on yourself. You're already on a diet I think, you've been on them once or twice a year since you were 10. Your mother put you on the first one - even though you weren't actually all that fat. That was unfair of her, to pass on her insecurites to you at such a young age. She might have let you get through junior cycle first. There's not much you can do about it though. You've already started to associate feeling depressed with feeling fat. You measure your worth in inches. And percentages. You don't meet your standards by either measure, and no one ever tells you you can be happy without needing to be perfect.

It never occurs to you that it's not you that's not good enough. Instead, increasingly an adult but still treated like a child, you grate against stupid rules in the school system. I still agree that "girls must wear skirts" and "only navy socks" were ridiculous rules, but you could do with being a bit less self-obsessed. I wish you had a wider view of the world. You have it well, and if you had known that (and I mean really knew it, rather than just being vaguely aware of it) the injustices of this world could have given you something to fight against other than yourself. Knowing what you want to see changed, and having an idea of how to do it can be the most empowering thing in the world. It can equally be crushing if you can't do anything about it - but we're still working on that one.

There are good things about you though. For one thing, you're creative, more than I am. You're beginning to publish stories and poetry online. I may think they were crap, but you're delighted with the positive feedback you recieve. It's a pity you're relying on other people's opinions to validate yourself here too, but it's probably a step in the right direction all the same. You hope to have something published - you look up to JK Rowling hugely. I'm sorry to say that you don't get the opportunity to meet her in that contest you entered a few days ago. (I think you should know that her final couple of books were a bit disappointing - she loses the run of herself and starts killing characters left, right and centre). Anyway, I can't tell you if you get published or not because that remains to be seen :) Nevertheless, keep up the writing while you can; you're occasionally funny and can even be kind of profound, before you wreck it by going all corny (or worse still, sci-fi).

Your 21 self has probably indulged in this letter long enough, so that's really all for now. She's quite glad she's more her and not entirely you anymore, and she's considerably more confident. Still a little too concerned with her waistline, admittedly, and still not getting help for what she reckons is actually depression but then, by now she's learned to recognise the warning signs and she reckons it's managable. She does miss your creativity though, and hopes to never lose you completely. So until you're her, and whoever else you may be, take care and try not to kill yourself.

Regards,
    Your 21 year old self.

Dear X,

Nothing will ever happen between us, as you are married and I am practically so. Still, the always unspoken attraction between us makes me wonder what might have been if things were different. When you held my hand the other night, the giddy excitement soon gave way to guilt and it has actually made me realise even more that my man is all that I want. I'm distancing myself for both our sakes, and for our other halves too, but you'll always have a special place in my heart. Please try and forget your feelings for me, your wife doesn't deserve that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Dear A.

I still think about you every day. I should be the bigger person and start talking to you again, but I'm insecure that you'll still hurt me. As selfish as it is, I hope that you can't be as happy with anyone else as you were with me when things were good. I dont know if I can be. I want what we had to mean that much.

You had every right to leave me; I just wish you hadn't.

I have a fresh start now, I just hope I dont make the same mistakes again.

The Green Hypocritical Monster

(Honourary Lady for the evening)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭jenny4385

Dear M
    I miss you soo much some times that all i can do is sit and remember how things used to be to try and make myself better.. the complete cut in contact was something we both never dreamed would happen and yet it has.
    you are an amazing caring loving person and im sorry i couldnt see that in our last year. im sorry for hurting you and hope that some day our paths will cross again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Kate,

When you died my world collapsed! I lost my reason for being, the centre of my universe and the measure of my happiness.
    I'll be honest, manys a time the thought of life without you has brought me some very dark thoughts....But you know me ;)
    I'm stubborn and that would imply a surrender that I hope I never have in me.
    And anyway I still have our Son, who's so like you that somedays its as if your still in the room :D
    And in a way you are, cos you are never more than a heartbeat away from my thoughts.

Its nearly 4 years now babe and it still hurts every day, every little thing always has an association with the years shared! Luckily apart from your death :(
    Every single memory of the time we shared together was a good one.....
    From our 1st kiss, to 12 yrs later and to our Son asking what kind of magician the priest was(And complaining about the stupid tricks) ;) at our last goodbye!
    Which I know I shouldn't have laughed at....
    But hey ;) look for humour in the dark to shine a light :) Didn't that attitude get us both through some dark days? ;)

But here's the thing Babe, I feel like I'm living in our past and I'm afraid!
    I'm terrified that moving forward means leaving you behind :(
    I feel like even considering being with someone else is cheating on you, betraying your memory and it kills me inside...
    I don't ever want to replace you but your not here.........:(
    I miss you so much Babe....
    Love ya more than chips ;) and always will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

banie01 wrote: »
    Kate,

When you died my world collapsed! I lost my reason for being, the centre of my universe and the measure of my happiness.
    I'll be honest, manys a time the thought of life without you has brought me some very dark thoughts....But you know me ;)
    And anyway I still have our Son, who's so like you that somedays its as if your still in the room :D
    And in a way you are, cos you are never more than a heartbeat away from my thoughts.

Its nearly 4 years now babe and it still hurts every day, every little thing always has an association with the years shared! Luckily apart from your death :(
    From our 1st kiss, to 12 yrs later and to our Son asking what kind of magician the priest was(And complaining about the stupid tricks) ;) at our last goodbye!
    But hey ;) look for humour in the dark to shine a light :) Didn't that attitude get us both through some dark days? ;)

I feel like even considering being with someone else is cheating on you, betraying your memory and it kills me inside...

I actually have tears in my eyes :( I hope everything works out for you in the future :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

You made me cry...

Moving forward means you'll carry her forever with you in a special place in your heart. Do you think Kate would want you to be alone for the rest of your life? Or would she want you to be happy? Go on, you have room in your heart for someone new without pushing Kate out. You'll always have your memories of Kate and of the love you shared. That won't be lost with someone else.

You'll never replace her, nor should you try. A 'replacement' would have no chance of living up to Kate. But you should find someone new and go on with your life.

Yes, you always will.

I've just been reading through the thread and it really is a great idea, as a 20 year old guy it's hard to really open up to anyone but here goes

To my grandparents (dads side)
    If I was your age and still so in love with my wife like ye were after 50 years of marriage I would be extremely happy! Gran you were one of the strongest people I ever met when grandad got sick! Him in hospital in Dublin for 6 months while you travelled up and down, trying to be with him and coming home to Limerick to be with your kids and grandchildren aswell! You never gave up on him even though you must have known he would never make it home! The love you showed was unreal! I'll never forget the day of his funeral, how you could watch the man you spent 50 years married to be buried must have been unbearable, yet you were strong for your kids who just lost their dad!
    When I was told you had cancer and had only months to live, my world fell apart! I admired you so much and couldn't imagine life with out you! I remember visiting you in the hospice, you changed beyond recognition yet you were as upbeat as ever, although you knew what was comming!
    You died 2 days later! The worst thing about all this for me is never once did I tell you or grandad how much ye ment to me! I took it for granted ye would always be there! I miss going to your house, I knew I would be get so many treats and the love you showed us all was unreal! I would love just another day with you guys!

To my parents and girlfriend: I know I don't say this enough if at all but after what I've just written I'm going to learn to say it more, I love ye! Simple as!!!

Alan

Another guy posting here, I was never good at talking about emotional crap but I decided to try here.

To my Brother

First off I love you. I probably haven't told you that since I was maybe 7 when it was easier to say.
    I know we've grown distant the last maybe ten years or so. I suppose we both changed into two very different people.
    Things only got worse when we had that fight. It was no simple sibling squabble we were men and we fought like animals, out to truly damage each other.
    I find it hard to look at you now because you still have the scar I gave you and it makes me feel terrible. Mom said its barely even noticable now but I can still see it.
    I still love you and I'm sorry. I wish we were closer, the whole thing would have never happened if we were. We were both angry for the same reason and if we were able to show some emotion to each other I think we would have realised we were just projecting the exact same problem onto each other.
    When we were children I always felt protected by you. I always thought that if anything ever went wrong then my older brother would help me.
    You were born to rescue people. Its even how hope to make a living.
    But Im asking you now because I love you to stop being the rescuer for all these girls who wont even try to rescue themselves. You always get so hurt, and I only know that because Dad tells me what you tell him. Sorry
    Every girlfriend you've ever had has had serious family problems or else been a psycho. And you always come along and saved them but in the end its you who gets hurt.
    This one your with now is not right at all shes just using you, the same way I was used by someone.
    I hate seeing it happen to someone who deserves to have a shoulder to cry on for a change, you deserves better.

To my Girlfriend
    You always tell me how you would have gone insane without me when we first became friends. I've never told you how you kept me alive, I was so close to ending it all then. You were the only light I felt I had. You used to say you felt guilty for dragging me out in the middle of the night just to cry at me but if I was brave enough I'd have asked you to do the same for me so many times. I dunno why you chose someone who found it so hard to talk about feelings to open up too, but I'm glad you did.
    When my feelings for you changed I was terrified, you were all I had and I didnt want to lose you. I'm still blaming the cold for why I was shaking when I asked you that night, but really I was just petrified.
    I'm glad you felt the same, you've changed me.
    I think in the last year we have both tackled our problems and now we WANT to be together rather NEED to be together.
    Well thats what I tell you anyway, but really life without you would be bearable but I'd feel nothing like the joy I feel when i get a cuddle before bed.
    I hope I'll be able to admit that sometime as well.

tl;dr. young man loves brother and girlfriend

To my little sister

I know how much it hurts, I know how alone you feel and how the pain cuts so deep inside of you that it feels like it will never go away. I know, because I've been through it all too, I feel it all too, and god it's killing me to know how much you're suffering. It's breaking me inside.

When I saw you on Christmas day you were so sad, so broken. When you told me all you wanted was a normal family it broke my heart. I'm trying so hard to be that family for you, but I'm only one person. You let everything out - the memories that I thought you'd forgotten, and the worries you have. The worry that you'll never get to college because they'd never help you and you think you're not smart enough. But you ARE smart enough, you're an amazing, intelligent person, and I love you so so much. And I'm here, I'm always going to be here, we don't need them and we never have. They may have ruined our pasts but they won't ruin our future, and they're not worth your tears. I'm going to open a saving fund for you, and we're going to do it, we're going to get your out of there and you're going to do the course you want to do. We'll do it together, because it's always been you and me, and it always will me. I will NEVER ever leave you, and you'll never be on your own. I promise you. I wish I could make you believe me.

You have to try to see that things will get better, you only have less than 2 more years in that house and then you can leave. You can go to college, get your own place, and finally have a normal life. I know how hard it is and how trapped you feel. I didn't realise you were feeling all the things I feel, I thought you'd someone blocked out all of the memories. But, when you told me the other night, I could feel my heart breaking. You were holding on to me with a grip so strong that I knew you were holding on for your life. And that I'm responsible for that life now. It's not fair, none of it is fair, and we deserve so much better than the life they gave us. But we'll get through this, we will.

I love you, I've loved you since forever. And I will never, ever, leave you on your own. x

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

To my little sister

I know how much it hurts, I know how alone you feel and how the pain cuts so deep inside of you that it feels like it will never go away. I know, because I've been through it all too, I feel it all too, and god it's killing me to know how much you're suffering. It's breaking me inside.

When I saw you on Christmas day you were so sad, so broken. When you told me all you wanted was a normal family it broke my heart. I'm trying so hard to be that family for you, but I'm only one person. You let everything out - the memories that I thought you'd forgotten, and the worries you have. The worry that you'll never get to college because they'd never help you and you think you're not smart enough. But you ARE smart enough, you're an amazing, intelligent person, and I love you so so much. And I'm here, I'm always going to be here, we don't need them and we never have. They may have ruined our pasts but they won't ruin our future, and they're not worth your tears. I'm going to open a saving fund for you, and we're going to do it, we're going to get your out of there and you're going to do the course you want to do. We'll do it together, because it's always been you and me, and it always will me. I will NEVER ever leave you, and you'll never be on your own. I promise you. I wish I could make you believe me.

You have to try to see that things will get better, you only have less than 2 more years in that house and then you can leave. You can go to college, get your own place, and finally have a normal life. I know how hard it is and how trapped you feel. I didn't realise you were feeling all the things I feel, I thought you'd someone blocked out all of the memories. But, when you told me the other night, I could feel my heart breaking. You were holding on to me with a grip so strong that I knew you were holding on for your life. And that I'm responsible for that life now. It's not fair, none of it is fair, and we deserve so much better than the life they gave us. But we'll get through this, we will.

I love you, I've loved you since forever. And I will never, ever, leave you on your own. x

That has brought tears to my eyes...... what a lovely person you are x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Some amazingly strong people on here!

Dear you, I was looking for something you couldn't give me and I was confused and I'm sorry I hurt you so much and ruined a pretty good friendship!

Dear JT, even after nothing for 6 years we're still good together, you still give me butterflies and make me smile :D I know I do something similar to you :P I'll always have a soft spot for you, you fecker but at least this time around I'm not gettin attached to you :D Thanks for making me feel great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

dad,

I love you and i really think you are wonderful and such a generous, giving and supportive man. All my decisions in life and especially those that I am proud of were based around a learning example that you set and I am so happy to have done you proud. Even though I'm 21 I still think you're a superman and can help me with everything... when the electricity goes, when something needs to be fixed, when i need objective advice becasue I'm super emotional. YOu constantly challenge the way I view issues arising in the family, the media the news etc which I love.

As much and all as i love all of this, you are the most righteous man I have ever come across and it is beyond annoying!!

At the end of the day though you still are super pops :P x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Kate,

I'm in tears. This is just beautiful. I'm so, so sorry for your loss and so sorry you had to go through this. Do what you feel is right and give yourself time to grieve and don't rush yourself. Kate would want you to be happy and so would your little guy but take your time and go easy on yourself.

Take care of yourself.

I still miss you. I wish I could tell you that I still think about you every day, that I still miss you, that I still want to be with you. I like to live by having no regrets but I definitely regret not talking to you and trying to make it work, not trying to save it. The fear I had of letting you into my life at the time has now turned into a fear of losing what little I still have of you if I tell you how I feel.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 Ozzyrules

Dear E,
    Thank you for absolutely destroying me and turning me into an empty shell. I fell in love with you when I was 18 and have loved you ever since (despite breaking up last Christmas). I go to sleep every night thinking of you and your new girlfriend and it makes me feel physically sick and my heart hurt so much. You have turned me into a person that I no longer recongnise (I hate men and the thought of marrying one or having kids is no longer appealing to me). And the worst part is, I have now become a weak person because I know that if you called me and asked me to take you back, I would be there in a shot. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Some of these posts have made me realise how stupid it is to be angry at the ones you love for the most ridiculous reasons..when we are really so lucky to still have them beside us.

To my boyfriend,

I know I was in a bit of a mood last night, and so do you....you're always great at picking up on when I'm not 100%, even when everyone else thinks I am. You're also amazing at making me laugh when I'm in one of those moods....seriously, "imagine puppies with ham on their snouts, trying to get it off"...what???lol While in my own head, I had my reasons..when I got home I realised that it really doesn't matter. You are the sweetest, most caring guy. Yes, you are ridiculously forgetful..awful at replying to texts..but you are the first one to admit that, and to tell me that it's just you being an idiot, and that you'll work on it, which you do. While we have had our fights, you have never done anything to intentionally hurt me. Ever. We are both very stubborn people, but when it comes to each other we are willing to apologise and forgive with no pride involved, and to move on together. And always before we go to sleep that night.

I am so glad that we managed to successfully move from friends to boyfriend/girlfriend. It was one of the scariest transitions of my life, because I didn't want to lose you in my life..but now i know we made the right decision. When you get all tipsy, and cuddle up to me in bed and tell me that you want to be with me forever, it makes me the happiest I've ever felt. I know we're both still really young, but I can feel that we're meant to be together. We just completely click, and get each other...which neither of us have ever felt from anyone before in our lives.

So, to sum it all up...I love the hell outta you. Thank you for showing me what a proper relationship can be like. Thank you for showing me what love is. Thank you for being you.

And I can't wait to be your new years eve kiss tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I just wanted to say to everyone who has posted here that I genuinely hope 2011 brings a better and brighter year. I am literally bawling crying at my desk in work.
    I wish we all had the strength to say what we wanted at times like these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

HlG, 3 months and only today did I start calling you by your actual name and not "Hot Library Guy"... See I didn't want to get attached, it was meant to be just a bit of fun, and it was, it was lots of fun, but today it hit me like a ten tonne brick. It's highly likely I'm never going to see you again, EVER, and I've fallen for you big time.
    Cuddled up on the couch today, hungover and watching "Annie" I could not think of anywhere I'd rather be or anyone I'd rather be with. You fell asleep on me, and THANK GOD because I started getting teary eyed when Daddy Warbucks burst into "Something was Missing" :rolleyes::o
    I could sense you were delaying leaving... I didn't want to say goodbye either. We both knew this was it. I have the horrible feeling that I'm the one who will be pining for you though, you'll forget about this small blonde whose bum you so publically fondle in no time.
    It's not fair that I could meet someone like you right before I move half way across the world. I'm going to miss you, your strong Cork accent, that awful nickname you had for me, your really obscure sense of humor and that smile of yours which makes you look like you're up to something bold (most of the time you were...) I won't forget the drunken misadventures, me serenading you with "Toxic" (Up until today I thought you had no memory of that - cringe...) and that awkward "first date" me trying to teach you guitar with limited results, and of course the summer I spent in the college library wondering who that male vision was sitting across from me every day.
    I can't think of anyone I would have rather rang in the New Year with, I just wish you could be a bigger part of my 2011 than fate will allow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Dear Boyfriend,

I know I hurt you by telling something personal about you to my male friend, I did not do it out of badness, I felt I needed advice as I was so worried about you. You don't open up to me and now you say you may never be able to trust me again, you have no idea the pain in my heart since you have left and deciding our fate. I miss our day to day routine, I miss how you used to meet from work with 2 starbucks coffees and they would be cold because I am ALWAYS late!;)I miss how you call me piggy when I am sitting on front of the t.v scoffing chocolate, I miss how you come home in your uniform and it makes me smile, I miss ordering our shopping online and you had to double check it because of my random ordering of 1 pack of Hula Hoops and nappies (we have no baby)...I could go on.. but most of all I miss you and as I sit in our apartment waiting on your return, I think to myself how long will you make me wait before you break me or save me........

I am coming to breaking point and I need an answer. I don't want to walk away because you are my soulmate but I need to be happy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Dear Ex,

thank you so much for coming up to me on New Years Eve and apologising for all the crap for the last year, it really meant everything to me. Whilst i no longer had feelings for you i was still hurting.
    When you said you wanted us to be friends i didnt really know if it was possible. But then last night you were out and so was I and we ended up talking all night about everything that has happened the last year. I feel so relieved that i think we can really have a good friendship, i never thought that would be possible and most of that was my fault because you always said hello but i used to ignore you.
    I am really glad we have started the year like this and am really looking forward to the rest of it and us getting along and becoming genuine friends. Thanks so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Dear Daddy,
    Forget what I said before, you really haven't changed at all. You can't undo what you said to me, and you've been implying it for years. I've had enough of you, I'm old enough now to know that you really are a piece of work. I know for sure I'll never move back, simply so that if my sisters need out, they'll have a place to go, unlike me. There is no excuse, an apology won't cut it this time.
    Amy

Auntie,
    I hate to see what you're doing. You're one of my favourite people, stop treating your mother, one of my other favourite people, like this. I hate having to duck and dive between you. She tried for 25 years to make that marriage work, do you know she had to go to counselling? Think about it, he was always working, always. That's why you don't see him in a bad light, he was never there to give out to you. I'm proud of her for leaving, she could be a proper mother once she was happy. But you and dad had to treat her like ****, I didn't get to see her for years, I'm lucky I do now. She's never even met your kids, they don't know they have another granny. Cop on, and talk to her, it's not her fault he died, he had cancer ffs. You only have around 10, maybe 15 years left, hopefully. If you let her pass on like this, I'll never forgive you.
    Amy

Mammy,
    I really love you more and more every day, you're such an amazing woman :) I couldn't ask for a better mother, and I don't say it enough, but I love you :)
    Amy

Guy,
    What can I say...through thick and thin, you are one hell of a man. I've put you through so much, too much. We have the most amazing time together though, and it keeps getting better :) Into our fourth year, we're stronger than ever (invincible I might even say ;)) Now we're moving into a new part of our relationship, and I'm scared, but I know it'll work :) It was a really hard year for you, I know that, I am trying my best to be there for you, even though you still can't really talk about it. But I know it's clichéd, but you are really surrounded by people who love you. You're my silly fuzzyhead :)
    Amy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Dear "work colleague"

When we first started in work 5 years ago, you used to be really sound, we had a laugh and a chat every day... I thought I had found a new friend, oh how that all changed!! I genuinely don't think you realise how much you annoy me and our other colleagues these days!! I would just like to say grow the hell up and stop being such a brown nosing fool all your life!!

That felt good :)

Dear Boy (not man)

You knew exactly what to say to get what you wanted then ditched me when the boredom set in, I hope it rots off you as it seems to be the only source of joy in your life!

Regards
    Smeg....

Advertisement