Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear S.

"You have taken me all the way down
    Down upon my knees
    You have broken me all the way down
    Tell me how it feels"

I never deserved to be treated like that, I was worth so much more.
    I hope you treat her better, for her sake, no one deserves to be used like you used me.

Goodbye,
    From Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I hate this BS. Why do you lie all the time about everything? I don't think you even realise how ridiculous you sound or how obvious the lies are. You should start keeping a list of all the lies so that you can refer to it when someone catches you out, which is all the time. People are not stupid, they're not just going to believe every stupid thing that comes out of your mouth but you treat them like idiots because you think they believe you. Also, you're not a martyr, STFU!

A year now, well almost...since you said you loved me. Yet we are still not much further along the journey. I see the love you have for me in your eyes, in how you want to make me laugh, in how you glance at me when no one is looking. How long til we take the next step?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

sam34 wrote: »
    dear m

please don't let me down this time

please be there

please be there for me

yes, I know the stakes are potentially high, but, equally, you know where I stand.
    m

why do I only post in this thread about you when I'm drunk? in vino veritas I guess. it's fcuking killing me that you are where you are right now. I can't wait for the next 'click'.

please, don't let me down.
    dear M,

here I go again, posting in here about you when I'm drunk, in vino veritas as I've said before.

so, it's nearly here, nearly upon us. how did that happen?? where did the last 6 months go?? what about everything that was supposed to happen in the last 6 months.... oops... the best laid plans!

so, I didn't quite keep up my part of the bargain. but it was a bargain with myself, altho it would have been for your benefit, you never knew of my plans/intentions. I need to remember that. and I need to remember the way things were in Paris in 2009... cos that's how things are now, more or less.

I can't wait. don't disappoint, please.

Dear M,

well, fcuk fcuk fcuk.

the best laid plans, eh.

i planned too much, too hard, invested way too much emotionally.... i left myself paralysed by the enormity of it and i couldn't do or say what i had rehearsed doing and saying so often, indeed what i had actually been able to do and say before.

fcuk.

and to think i was worried about you letting me down... i never foresaw my own nerves being the problem.

fcuk.

if i had done what i intended to do, i suspect things would have fallen into place. but i didn't, and so they didn't.

fcuk

i cannot believe it. 6 fcuking months of planning, thought, wishing.

i never shed tears over you before... but i did this week.

the only saving grace... i may have a plan b up my sleeve, but that too would take nerves of steel, which i thought i had...

fcuk.

what am i gonna do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

Love - I was stunned to see you tonight. I stood there frozen while you and she walked past - did you see me? I hope not. You looked so good...and she is beautiful. I hope she is everything you needed. I hope she says all the things I couldn't say. I hope she loves you as deeply as I always have. I doubt she does, given her actions. It really hurt to see you - reminded me of all the things I've let slip through my hands.... things I can't get back... What a mess I've created out of life. How wrong I was, about so many things. A simple 'I Love You' was all you required. Why didn't I listen to you and my own heart? Then you never would've been hurt by an unfaithful wife. And I would be the luckiest girl in the world, near a most wonderful man...
    I hope to NEVER run into you again. It's just toooooo hard ...and you can read me like a book.

God - Is this what my life is gonna be about - regrets of omission? Do we really only get one chance? He's moved past me, why can't I move past him?

• Advertisement

I'm so lonely. I really am. I go out of my way to project an image of being a string independent woman and having a blissful happy existence, which is true 90% of the time, but there are times-like now- when i am heartbreakingly lonely and bereft. and noone seems to get it. I tried telling s the other day and she laughed, saying that I was being very dramatic and things weren't that bad in reality. she just didn't get it. everyone thinks that I'm always in great form and take everything in my stride, and usually I do... but this last week has toppled me off my perch. I miss you, as stupid as that sounds cos you were never truly mine and most of what we had was in my fantasy world, but I do miss you. why did that balloon have to burst? I miss you. I thought I'd have you with me for real last wk. I'm so achingly lonely now. these tears are hot and bitter.

I don't know what to do.

me again

have spent the last few days thinking about this - it's utterly pathetic that i cannot share the extent and depth of this with any of my friends, and i am resorting to anonymous posts on the net to get some release.

how could i admit to my friends that i am so unbearably lonely that i have carried the image and thought of you with me over the last 4 years, ever since *that* trip... every thing I do, every achievement, every good and every bad thing, every fun time, every laugh, every tear, every worry, every smile, i tell you about it in my head. even though we have only actually met and spoken 5 times in 4 years, i carry you with me every day. i know you don't do the same. i think thats what was my downfall this time, i believed my fantasy world, i thought we were much closer than we actually are. i don't know how to get you out of my head. you're like a friend to me, except i know that's a one-way street.

but i am suffering now, and i cannot tell anyone how bad it is.... they don't know what i've posted above, they don't realise how big a part of my life you had become, in my head at least, so they think i should be over the most recent encounter. and it would be so embarrassing to admit the truth, i would feel so pathetic.

god, i miss you. i really miss you. i hope i haven't blown it for good.

You've caused me a lot of heartache and a lot of problems, and I'm only beginning to realise how and to what extent. All it does is make me stronger and less accepting of bs, so if you want anything to do with me in reality you're going to have to keep up. Stop with the wounded nice guy routine and take some responsibility for your life. Man up, the onus is on you. If you are really serious, prove it with action and stop causing me hassle. I'm accepting of weakness, but excuses only go so far.

Dear me,

Why do you always mess everything up for yourself? Why do you have to make everything more complicated and difficult than it has to be?!!

You tried very hard to manipulate me, confuse me and (importantly) make me think you were single. You knew how to do it, too, with all the knowledge you had amassed about me. I'll do you this justice, though: I don't think you really ever seriously intended to go through with cheating. You just wanted to take the fantasy as far as you could. I suppose to make up for lack of excitement in your current relationship? Well, sorry, just because you didn't physically cheat doesn't mean you're not doing something awful. You mustn't have much respect for her or you wouldn't go ahead and do to her what you did in the past. You're going to devastate her, you know, when she's irrevocably tied to you and history repeats itself. You're just with her because you don't want to be alone. Do you really have any respect for her? Well then, end it, and fix yourself. I mean, she's probably feeling pretty much alone at this point anyway.

I won't be co-opted into this any more, you treat me honestly or not at all. Just because I'm not seriously hurt doesn't absolve you of blame. And you'd better not put any more blame on me, to yourself or to other people: this is all on you.

• Advertisement

I'm assuming you've told T the truth, but he hasn't told me. Call him tomorrow and make sure he passes it on, please. Until then, nothing is going to happen. (And if you haven't told him the truth, f**k you, obviously.)

I'm actually going mad here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

B - I always knew being your wife would be amazing, and it is! Saturday night was a bit of a disaster but you showed your true colours on Sunday - I love you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

A

Im actually happy without you.

Genuinely happy.

My heart is no longer broken and i fixed it myself. Without you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

B,

I'm disappointed.
    And hurt.
    And confused.
    What was this to you?

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

You are an adult, You cant get your own way all the time.
    Dont throw a strop when you dont get your own way.
    And stop thinking you are better than everyone and that everyone loves you!
    Im extremely annoyed with you at the moment, i really am!
    You are so self centered. You dont know how to be nice.
    I mean it grow up and act your age!

hey,

i miss you, i miss us. i feel like i may be going slowly mad. i've been a bit distracted today, and everyday. i cant stop thinking about you and at the risk of sounding inappropriate, its all good.....just sayin ;) is it just me? do you have the same problem ever?
    simply put, i want to be with you.

DD

Knowing that you are not interested in a relationship right now because you've just got out of one. I appreciate your hosnesty but I can't stop thinking of you and I'm hoping for more. I know, I only met you twice but hell, you make me feel on the top of the world when I'm around you. I haven't feel like this in such a long time. You make my heart melt, and my stomach fill with butterflies each time I see you walking toward me with your beautiful smile. I'm sitting in my office looking at your what'sapp picture and wish I could tell you all these but I don't want to scare you away so I'm typing it all down and hope one day you will give me a chance to be with you and treat you like a princess. I'm so looking forward to our date this weekend and I would be genuinely gutted if you didn't let me kiss you. The weekend can't come soon enough.

DM

please just text and let me know that you are ok, i miss you, i love you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

M,

Its been 3 years since your gone and it has'nt got any easier.

All the milestones we talked about when I was growing up and you wernt here to see them.... I never got to bring you for an ice cream when i got my full licence but I think il just go and get one Saturday anyway :)

But now the next chapter is just beginning and it kills me to think my child will never meet their great nanny.... Growing up it was like a tradition to bring the new born babies into see you and you give them your own knitted cardigans... i have your cardigans but you wont be there to give it to me :( if its a girl im naming her after you... Goes without saying really... you were a second mam to me and il never forget you xxx

Just found the receipt for the bike you bought me exactly one year ago today. I can't believe you're not here. All I want to do is be a child and convince myself that if I close my eyes tight and wish really hard that you'll be here to make everything better. I can't stop crying. I miss you so much. I don't think this hole in my heart and my life will ever go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I was doing really well today til right at the last minute.
    I miss you.
    I'll toast a glass of whiskey in your honour tonight.

Dear you..

I think you're lovely..!! It's like a classic schoolgirl crush, you don't even know I exist! Yet from what I know of how you act and what you say, it's pretty easy to see what kind of a person you are. I know you have someone with you tonight, but sure that's only once..! :P I wanted to post this because for so long I've been haunted by another person, and to be able to think of someone (or anything) else is like a breath of fresh air.

I know I have no easy way of meeting you, but I wonder if like in the movies the fates could allow our paths to cross...just for the fun...just to see! I feel like an eejit but you make me smile and that can't be a bad thing so what the hell!! You never know! ;)

Dear Sis

I never knew how much I'd miss you when you were gone, I guess I never really thought of you never being here. God it's so hard, I never really told you enough of how you inspired me and made me the person I am today, I love and miss you so much. The days are easier but the nights are so long and all I do is cry. When I got that phone call my whole world fell apart. I remember at Christmas us saying this year surely things will be happier and definately things couldn't get any worse gosh how wrong were we. You were always there for us any time we needed you, you were just a phone call away. I don't know how we are going to get through Christmas, I don't want to be here but don't want to be home either as I know it will be so much harder. The hardest part was not seeing you before you passed away or getting to say goodbye, it happened so fast and you were on your own I can't forgive myself for that, everytime we needed you, you were there and when you needed us we weren't there for you. There are so many if, but or maybes and so many unanswered questions but there is nothing we can do now.

All of our lives are so empty you never knew how much we all loved you and how many peoples lives you touched your funeral proved that to all of us. I hope you are happy and at peace you had such a tough last few years but we all felt like you had come out the other side and in a better place. I wish I could talk to you one last time to tell you everything I never got to tell you but unfortunately that's not going to happen. I know you are looking down on all of us and hopefully we will be able to talk about you and it won't hurt or make us cry.

Rip sis XXXXXXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Life,

Throw me a bone here?

R

Dear You
    Thank you for this past week.
    I didn't know men like you even existed. You're a gentleman and the first guy who genuinely seems to care about me. I don't know what can happen after today with the whole situation but you really have restored my faith in men, thank you so much :)

I'll miss you,
    Love,
    Me xx

I am so angry at you all. Do you remember what you were doing exactly one year ago today? You were at a fancy dress party. And one year ago tomorrow? Hosting a fancy dress party in your own house. All this going on while your father/father in law/grandfather was really sick. One year ago tomorrow we spent 16 hours with him in A&E while you partied it up without even a phone call to see if he had been taken in overnight or if they knew what was wrong with him. You didn't call all weekend until he passed away on the bank holiday Monday. Then you were full of tears, of course, sure you had to play up for the hospital staff and the relatives that came for the funeral. Do you have any idea what it was like watching the person who was the centre of our world slowly fade away? You were his family for 40+ years before I came on the scene and you couldn't even spare an hour a week for the man who was your father.

And now, here we are, almost one full year later and what are you doing? Attending and throwing fancy dress parties. You haven't even contacted your brother, your one remaining immediate family member in the world and you haven't even been in touch to see how he is, how he's coping. I won't even bother with the fact that you never invite us to all these parties you throw, we gave up on having a normal family relationship with you lot a long time ago. J could do with having his brother around right now, well, he could do with having a supportive, caring brother around right now. You're nothing like that so I suppose there's no point appealing to you really.

J has started counselling, that's how badly all your BS has affected him. I don't know if I want you to call or stay away. Anytime you contact J, which is bloody rare, he ends up enraged for days because you are such a giant asshole. At the same time though, I know what it's like to push your family away only to wish you were closer.

I just wish you would realise that you'll regret this. You regretted the distance you remained at when your mum was sick and she passed away. You also regretted the distance you remained at when your dad was sick and he passed away - you told J that, you should've learned your lesson the first time around but you just didn't. You're going to end up regretting the distance between you and J one day. Will you just wake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Being in Dublin brought everything back so clearly. I got some very funny looks walking to the bus yesterday, thinking about how many times we walked that way together and all the things we talked about. How we dreamed, how we continue to dream, how we're both living the dreams right now. It was raw enough in Paris and I felt it but it's only now I'm realising how I managed to distance myself from everything. It's knocking the breath out of me now. You're still so far away, and I fear that you always will be. And I feel closer to you here because all of our shared history played out in this arena, but I can also see just how far removed I am from you and your life.

"In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged."

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I hope that this makes you happy. You've won. I don't have the energy anymore. You're right. You're always right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭rubytuesday86

Grandad,
    I know you don't want to be here. Just put up with us a bit longer, we can't help you go where you want to.
    Don't be so mad at us.
    Just keep sleeping like you're doing.
    You can't go yet. Nanny is probably doing a spring clean. When she's ready for you, you'll go.
    I know you're miserable here. But we love you so much. I'll be up again tomorrow to say goodbye.
    Love you g-flah. You're the best Grandad anyone could ever ask for and I'll miss you to bits.
    I hope she calls you soon so you can be happy again.
    Love you always xxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

P,

I hate to see you suffer like this. You're such a great man who deserves all the happiness in the world. It's not easy to see your dad in this way, I know, and I hope he survives a few more years. I'll be with you every moment you need me because I love you. I've never understood what love is but now I really do. I'm absolutely there for you, P. Don't be scared to lean on me. I'm not going anywhere.

E

Advertisement