Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭rubytuesday86

There has been a great disturbance in the force today.

Sleep tight grandad

Love you always xxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i'm done with you. i've realised you dont actually give a **** about me; if you did , you would have stopped what ****e you were talking when i starting crying.

It has been nagging at me all week unconsciously.. not that i ever think you cared That much but it has really hurt me even though i do not need u.

Thanks for messing up my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Dear Me :)

I told you not to worry and look at you now! Look at what you have achieved in such a short amount of time :) I am proud and excited :D WELL DONE!!!!

I can't do this, you're just wrecking my head again. There's never a plan, is there? You get all coy and mysterious and then nothing. Bollox to that.

You have a week to show that you're serious this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Beesand

You've made me feel so small and useless, and like such a burden. I hate that.

I don't want to hurt you. I don't mean to hurt you but I can't be anything other than myself, no matter how I try and really, it's not about you anyway.

I want to melt away, like snow into grass and leave no trace of ever having been.

• Advertisement

I keep wondering if you think about me at all. You haven't initiated any contact, that's all been down to me. It's like my friends said before I went away, "you'll be out of sight, out of mind".. I really hoped it wouldn't be like that. I feel like I should stop trying to keep up the conversation if you've already lost interest. I'm home in 6 weeks, but I can't just fall back into your arms after you haven't bothered to keep up to date with what's going on in my life. That will be very hard to resist, but I deserve somebody who thinks about me as much as I think of them. I am sad about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Leafonthewind

Dear me,

People are disappointments. I wish you'd learn that lesson already.

You left, we coped, better, we thrived, stop coming back bullying us and throwing your weight around... You're gone..stay gone... I hate the way I revert to that scared bullied girl when you start, I come good eventually but the fact that you can still make me feel like that for however briefly makes me sad upset and angy... So please feck off and leave us alone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Just go away and leave me alone forever.

Dear horrible horrible ex boyfriend,

It has been almost a year since you have tried to get money from me. Rather than accepting that we are broken up many years now and actually going away you have decided to up the ante and are now trying to sue me.
    Our life together was pretty crap. It was your way or no way. Eventually I got tired of being strung along and ended it. You knew it was the right thing to do. Out of guilt on your part you passed over the opportunity given to divide things up. Then you find out I'm married and you decide to sue me.
    You've always taken the easy way out always. You are a total looser. You will get nothing from me. You deserve nothing from me.
    I will fight this and fight this and fight this and you will get nothing from me. Your family gossiping about this and it getting back to my parents will not change this, in fact if anything it makes me more determined to see that you get nothing.
    Learn for one that you have to stand on your own two feet and that the rest of the world (specifically me) does not owe you anything. You only get what you earn and you've earned nothing from me.
    I hate the fact that you are making me think about you again. All I remember now are the bad times, you've undone any hint of a good memory and that is a sad state of affairs given how long we were together. I have a new life now with a wonderful man who is loving and caring and supportive and fun and an actual grown up. All of the things you weren't and clearly still are not.
    Go away and just leave me alone. You're pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD YOU EVER FECK OFF?!

I'm getting so sick of you periodically seeping into my life and doing your best to wreck havoc. We're physically separated by thousands of miles, and it still isn't enough. I don't want to be your friend anymore. I don't want to have anything to do with you, or be associated with you, or to have to think about the fact that you exist. You stay away from me, I'll stay away from you and we'll both be much better off.

Just leave me alone. You're honestly creeping me out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I really, really hope I'm wrong about you, but I don't think so somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ms horatio

My love
    After 5 years together,being as happy as a bag of frogs,I still can't believe we actually did it!!!
    Thank you for being the best husband ever
    And eloping and keeping it secret til the end?Class babe,class
    In the words of Tom Baxter....It's Better ;-)
    Lil B

Dd,

seriously? really? are you gonna be another one of those fellas who thinks i'm in to him so disappears. I do like you and we were grand (in person ) till u got drunk and opened your mouth. and you gonna try avoid me now? maybe not.. i know i shouldnt be thinking this already but its what i'm like.
    yes u text me back all evening, thank u, i dont feel like such a fool. but sayinh ur busy for next while is screaming 'need to avoid u'..
    I'm gonna give u benefit of doubt.
    hugs to my new new friend :)
    xx

Dad,

Had a brain wave last night and should have thought of it last wknd,.
    then thinking and thinking more about it and how little u care made me cry yes, kept me up till 5am. thanks.

Dear Life/Universe/God,

I know this seems incredibly ungrateful, as there are literally billions of people so much more worse off than me. But I feel like I just can't take much more. I need a break. Recently, I thought things were turning around but what's happening now is making me believe things will never get better.

I always usually try to focus on the positives but that's been hard lately. I know lots of people have it tougher and everyone has their own battles going on, but I know so many people that seem to sail through life, while for the past few years I've had one big knock after another. And I know that you never know what's really going on in people's lives, but judging by the "problems" that I listen to some people moan about, there are some people living a charmed life.

I hate how I'm coming across in this. Defeated, negative, jealous. This isn't me. It's just a very bad day with raging hormones and loneliness on top of the most recent crisis. And this one really is a crisis. No-one sees this side, for the past few weeks I've been keeping positive and strong for everyone else. But now and again when I'm alone that just crumbles.

I know I say I can't take much more, but realistically if there's more hardship coming my way of course I'll take it, because what else can I do? But please, please consider giving me a break. I feel like I'm being punished for something, it's been so many years since I've been happy. I'm a good, kind person. Even to have someone to give me a hug at the end of one of the many horrible days and tell me well done for coping and that things will get better.

Pretty please?

gphm wrote: »
    Dear Life/Universe/God,

So the end wasn't in sight when I wrote this 3 months ago, I remember writing this and telling myself that things couldn't possibly get any worse. If only I knew it was all just beginning.

I'm at the stage where I can't imagine ever being happy again, or my family ever going back to normal. This has to be me overreacting, surely?

I can't go on like this. Can just a little positivity come my way? Please. It's not like I'm not trying.

Dear Life/Universe/God,

I'm losing all faith in you. Things just keep getting worse and worse. I'm trying so hard, but every aspect of my life is in a complete and utter mess. Work, love, family. It's all in crisis, and generally through no fault of my own.

What do I have to do to get a break? I'm tired and weary. I'm dealing with lots of other peoples' problems as well as my own. I can never envisage myself being happy. Have I done something to deserve all this?

I'm a good person. This just isn't fair.

I don't even know why I'm writing this, putting it out in internet-land for the world to see. I think it's because these posts are so different to my everyday persona, I'm getting so tired of the optimistic, upbeat, positive front I'm putting on to everyone. And 99% of the time, to myself. Getting the moaniness out here might stop it filtering into real life.

Anyway, whenever you feel like giving me a break, you know where I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

In the real world your probably right. So why do I feel so disappointed:(. My own fault for getting my hopes up i suppose. Me living in fantasy land.. again. I hope this isn't the end though, I really do.

If you change your mind, you know where i'll be. If not I completely understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

So Y , nearly 6 months since we broke up, although a short relationship my head was in other places at the time. I done stupid things that you forgave me for. I'm only starting to turn the corner in my life about me breaking up with you. 2 years of friendship down the drain, if it was meant to be I am sure it would have came back around by now.

The reason I hardly text/talked you over the last six months was I didn't want to be a pest and the last time we did text, you said you didn't think it was a good idea to meet up. I also felt you kinda gave up on me after I broke up with you. Since that it's slowly registered in my head to stop feeling crap and move on. Anyway, maybe it might work out someday again given the chance :) .

Regardless, best of luck with your life Y and you truly where a great friend, take care..

Mam and Dad,

you broke my heart,
    why did you pick them over me?
    what's wrong with me?
    do you know how much it hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 del1379

I know back in 2010 it was my fault, but when I asked you to keep it in mind, I genially thought you would. But seeing you this evening with him made me think I have to move on and realize I missed my chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Dear, Somebody that I used to know :)

That's all it is nowadays, and it's for the better. I absolutely adored you and you kicked me to the kerb. I gave up caring, slowly killing yourself with the cigarettes. You and I both know what you were told at the doctors. I tried, what can I say anymore? Keep it up with your sly digs on Facebook, it doesn't upset me. I'm alot stronger than that. ;)

Siobhán. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

iluvcake wrote: »
    Dear M,

Jeez you really floored me last night when you told me about those tests.

Couldn't stop thinking about them and I still am today.

I hope all goes well for you and the rest of the gang on Tuesday.

Even though it's not really any of my business, I do still care. Xxx

Dear M,

Thanks for letting me know about your results.

I am completely devastated for you, everybody else's were clear except yours. I'm in bits but I'm sure it's nothing compared to what you are feeling.
    If you need to talk, I'm here, if you don't, that's fine too.
    I'm sure you need your space after what you just found out.

Hope to hear from you soon. Xxx

• Advertisement

Dear person;

I'm hopelessly in love with you. I just want the chance to talk to you just person to person without the other stuff. I think about the coincidences, the things you chose to tell me and the way we made each other laugh. I believe you may feel the same way even though there's so much against us but it wouldn't be the first time I got it wrong. I've been trying to contrive ways of meeting again so I could tell you for better or worse but I haven't eaten or slept since I heard you were leaving.

Hi S,

I know it was only a short 2 week thing. I know it shouldn't have meant much to me. But it did.

Why? I have no idea. I'd like to know why, but for some reason that I can't explain, it meant something. There are times that I have needed to cry out for help, but I'm too bloody stubborn to admit that I need it. This is one of those times. Maybe typing these words out will act as some form of a release for me, that it will be good for me. I don't know.

I'm hurt. In the space of 48 hours it went from us not able to keep our hands off each other to you saying "no more & go away".

I'm confused. It felt like you were in the same place as me. You were certainly giving off the signals that you were.

To hear you say you wanted nothing more to do with me hurt more than I showed you. It hurt more than I am capable of showing. That last kiss, it didn't feel like it was just me kissing you, it felt like you were kissing back.

I don't know if the reason you gave me was the truth. I have begun to doubt myself.
    You tell me you are not over your ex, but whatever number she played on you is nothing like the number you played on me. You broke up 2 years ago. I don't believe you when you tell me that's why it was.

I know I will still see you around from time to time, and the fact that you have told me you don't want me to contact you is going to make that hard, and going to make it hurt. When we are at the same social events do you want me to stay at the opposite side of the room? You said not to contact you so I can't even ask that. If that's what you want, well I am sorry to disappoint, because that's not what you will get. I have lost friends before over other people, I won't let it happen again. I'll put on a brave face, and pretend like nothing is wrong. Even though it will be. And when you leave those events, it will hurt some more because I know you are leaving to be with someone else.

Maybe in a months time I will barely remember how I feel now..... But then I will see you out somewhere... maybe with a different her... but the pain will not come flooding back because I WON'T allow it... however, the awkwardness will be there.... that feeling of wanting the ground to open up and swallow me.

I said I'll see you around when we last spoke. I really hope I don't

maltedmilk wrote: »
    Hi S,

I know it was only a short 2 week thing. I know it shouldn't have meant much to me. But it did.

Why? I have no idea. I'd like to know why, but for some reason that I can't explain, it meant something. There are times that I have needed to cry out for help, but I'm too bloody stubborn to admit that I need it. This is one of those times. Maybe typing these words out will act as some form of a release for me, that it will be good for me. I don't know.

I'm hurt. In the space of 48 hours it went from us not able to keep our hands off each other to you saying "no more & go away".

I'm confused. It felt like you were in the same place as me. You were certainly giving off the signals that you were.

To hear you say you wanted nothing more to do with me hurt more than I showed you. It hurt more than I am capable of showing. That last kiss, it didn't feel like it was just me kissing you, it felt like you were kissing back.

I don't know if the reason you gave me was the truth. I have begun to doubt myself.
    You tell me you are not over your ex, but whatever number she played on you is nothing like the number you played on me. You broke up 2 years ago. I don't believe you when you tell me that's why it was.

I know I will still see you around from time to time, and the fact that you have told me you don't want me to contact you is going to make that hard, and going to make it hurt. When we are at the same social events do you want me to stay at the opposite side of the room? You said not to contact you so I can't even ask that. If that's what you want, well I am sorry to disappoint, because that's not what you will get. I have lost friends before over other people, I won't let it happen again. I'll put on a brave face, and pretend like nothing is wrong. Even though it will be. And when you leave those events, it will hurt some more because I know you are leaving to be with someone else.

Maybe in a months time I will barely remember how I feel now..... But then I will see you out somewhere... maybe with a different her... but the pain will not come flooding back because I WON'T allow it... however, the awkwardness will be there.... that feeling of wanting the ground to open up and swallow me.

I said I'll see you around when we last spoke. I really hope I don't

Yeah, writing it out... that didn't help!! :D

I know you said not to contact you. It's taking all my strength to not mail or text or pm you to say "I don't care if you don't think you are over your ex. Lets give it a go anyway, the spark was there, the chemistry was there, the passion was there!!"

I'm not sitting here holding my breath, but I want you. I want to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Yesterday was 5 years since we started going out. Did you remember?

I miss you sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Dear lady on changing room duty in Penneys today,

You are an absolute breath of fresh air. So nice and smiley and polite. You really made me smile. Thank you:)

Also, you have lovely hair.

Lucyfur.

Dear family,

I'm sorry, All I seem to do is annoy you and frustrate you and make you angry.
    I just feel under so much pressure to get things right, not for me, but for you. I know what happens when things aren't right, you moan and complain and get pi**y with me. So it's a big deal when I have to sort this stuff out, but you get angry at me for that too, for not paying attention when I'm trying to concentrate and decide. I can't win. Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

I'm not like any of you. That's the problem you know. I can't relate to you, and you can't relate to me. You just don't understand me. You try sometimes I know, but you'll never understand. You don't get why I have no desire to be the centre of attention, or crave the limelight, or show off to people I guess. I don't need any of that. You keep pushing me to be the person you think I should be. I know you don't mean any harm, you just think it'll make me happy. It won't. I don't want to be that person. I could never be happy as that person.

Do you know the truth? I could never tell you this because you'd all think I was crazy. If I could have anything in the world, it wouldn't be millions of euro or an amazing career or a thousand friends. All I really really want to achieve in this life is to find a nice, kind, caring man to marry who loves me and who I love in return, settle down and have some babies with. It's that simple. I know I'm 28 and it's 2012 and I'm supposed to be ambitious and want a career and a nice house and a nice car. But I don't. I'm sorry.

Why do I get so down sometimes? In a mood as ye put it? Well you all have what I crave, loving husbands, boyfriends, children of your own and you just take it for granted. You complain about not having trivial materialistic, pointless crap. You have the most precious thing in the world and you don't even realise it and here I am painfully single. Sometimes I admit I do let the happy façade down and I'm sorry, I try my best to hide the emptiness inside but sometimes it just wears you down.

I'm sorry I disappoint you all so much because I'm so different from you,
    but I do try my best, even if you don't think it sometimes.

I love you all.

Me xx

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Please stop drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Another month and we'll be together 2 years. Wow, doesn't time fly babe? That day you came to see me really feels like only yesterday but at the same time I feel like we've been through a lot together.

Here's hoping for another 2 years. I love you with all my heart.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I love that you think I don't know. I wish I didn't know you, that we never became friends. My head would be a zillion times less wrecked. Never again.

• Advertisement

Get with it.
    **** happens, and you'll get over it.
    this time last year, you were happy.
    bittersweet.

get over him
    get over it.
    Grow up!

Advertisement