Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

D sweetie you've gotta let me go, you mean the world to me but you gotta stop letting your feelings for me cloud your judgement with other girls, im happy with the giant and i wish you would move on and meet someone, all I want is for you to be happy, and you cant do that while you live in the past

You little irish buddy xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dear Maw and Paw, thanks for being the best parents a guy could ask for. Sitting here in the backend of canada its great to be able to call you guys and shoot the ****. Well do beers when me and J are back.

J - I love you. Its a bit of a simple way to put it across but your the best thing that ever happened to me. Plus your smokin hot too which is pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I really miss you. It's surreal to think I might see you again in less than a month, I don't think anything could make me so happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Dear X

I think you have fixed me. I didnt think I could be this happy again. Can't wait to see you Sunday L xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

To be honest, I don't really like your group of friends. That's why I don't like to hang out much these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

G,

Well the excruciating agony of losing you has gradually settled into more of a dull ache which I think will never go away. Getting back to normality is more painful than your funeral etc because life is going on and its like you're still here but then I realise you never will be again. People have stopped talking about you and gotten back to the same routine but it will never be the same without you. I know it was time for you to go and you're finally free from the pain but I miss you. I'm glad we got to say goodbye.

I hope you knew how much we all love you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Who invented appeasement? seriously!!

I am being bullied into doing something i dont have time to do or want to do Just so you are not in a bad mood with me.
    how is that fair?
    i told u from day one i wouldnt have time.
    I'm stressed out enough as it is.
    U say nothing to him yet u stop speaking to me until i agree and then wont know whats hit me next week when i'm in tears cos i'm behind and will ignore me.

I am under an avalanche!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ashers22

Holla, its me. I'm sorry I've made it that you wouldn't know, I just felt it was a necessary part of the process. I'm not trying to piss you off, I just thought this way is better for both of us.
    Do you remember when you got your last job, how exited you were and yet disappointed that none of your loved ones were around or seemed to care? So I hijacked someone elses party and stole food and balloons just so you could have one all of your own. (they didn't mind, really)
    I finally got my dreamjob lady. I wonder would you have done the same thing for me.
    I'm looking forward to starting again. Thanks for the memories, I'll catch you in the next cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I know I should just end this. It would make more sense than continuing on like this.
    "I don't remember" doesn't change the damage you did.

I hope I can be/ stay strong and leave you

think maybe I should just end it. You know how much I love you but you're being unreasonable. You've told me you're not changing for anyone. What's the point in being with me? I know that you need to sort stuff out - I'm supposed to be all nice and supportive, and tread softly softly around you but guess what buster - I have needs and wants too - what makes yours are more important than mine? answer is - nothing. you don't want to let me in - apparently you can sort everything out on your own... blah blah blah - it's over a year now and nothings been sorted it's just getting worse.

You'll soon be on your own buddy - so don't pretend you've had no warning - I've given you enough chances...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

I don't get that you don't understand that I can't drop everything for you. I told you that I wouldn't. Now your odd with me even though you are the one who let me down when you knew I wanted to see you. Fate you said. How is it all my fault?

The thing is you know its not. Maybe its just not meant to be and best leave things as they are. I'm thinking thats what you want anyway. Take care. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

N,

Our friendship is hilarious. On the face of it, we couldn't be more different. But really, we are kindred spirits.

You're a legend. You make my life better in more ways than I can list. You make me smile and laugh until I can't breathe, pretty much every day. You're the smartest person I know, by a country mile. And you're always there. We'll never get rid of each other :)

Thanks for being the pal I will never be able to live without

R xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Caul,

I love you so much there are no ways to describe it. I think this has been our toughest week we have gone through.

Its nearly 5 weeks since we did the test. You were so scared, excited but scared. You were freaking out about what kind of dad you'd be. I was laughing because I knew you'd be great.

I loved the fact you were dying to tell the world but you promised me you wouldn't. I loved that you'd rub my back in bed when it was in bits. I loved that it was happening with you.

We were both thrilled but I was terrified something would happen.

Then last Sunday night happened and I don't think Il ever forget it.... From the second we were sent to the hospital and I began passing blood, I knew that was it. You were so positive but I knew that was to keep me calm.

When we got the scan and we were told there was no heartbeat, the blood drained from your face but I wasn't surprised. I was upset about you then what was actually happening....

I'm still numb and its like i still haven't comprehended whats happened.... I think when it hits me, it will hit me hard....

I know i told you to go to college this weekend and you didn't want to. I felt you needed to get your head straight, watching you and how upset you were this past week killed me... But I do miss you...

your girl x

Nanny xx

My angel, please help us through this xx

S xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

It's a really hard day today. I really miss you.

D
    I dont want you to go, i know its something u need to do but its killing me, i havent stopped crying since i found out 2 weeks, and last night showed me more how much i really am going to miss u.
    I cant say please dont go cos you'll not listen.

I'm going to miss u.

You're living your life wrong. Do you think everyone else walks around with you're level of raw aggression. Are you so self absorbed, self centred and self important that you think that everything you think is right and won't entertain anyone else's opinion? You are willing to learn absolutely nothing and congratulations, you're going to continue learning nothing for the rest of your life. You bend everyone's ears about your problems and you are given the answers on a plate and you simply don't want them. You'd rather just keep going crazy instead. Why do you think you end up fighting with everyone? Is everyone wrong but you? You can't be helped because you won't be helped. You have no self esteem and a massive chip on your shoulder. That's not my fault. You won't let me help you and you don't want help. What can anyone do if you don't want to help yourself? If I never saw you again, I'd still be stuck with you forever and you're an affliction I wish I didn't have. I won't be your punchbag. There's no point in getting aggressive with me. I don't know if you even have it in you to change because you've been this way longer than I can remember. I'm only telling you what the rest of the world is thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Why are you so desperate for me to "let it go"? It's going on for months and every time I bring it up I feel like I've done something wrong. I think you know deep down I won't really let it go because I can't and you know I'm right to be concerned.

think it's going to have to be tonight - I can't go on like this anymore - it pains me to have to do it but I don't see any other option - you've left me with none....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I've got a sinus infection, about to start my period, and a huge pimple on my chin, yet you still tell me I'm beautiful. You're crazy (and blind) but I love you so much for that.

Dear friend

I'm sorry you're feeling the way you do but you have to accept that are not owed anything in this life. You have to make an effort. You can't keep waiting for the perfect life to fall into your lap. You have to get up off your arse get out there and try or one day you'll wake up and realise you've waited your life away.

You expect so much from your life but you never put anything in. You expect other people to make you happy. It just doesn't work like that. I'm sorry but I'm running out of sympathy.

Love me x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭rubytuesday86

3 years eh?
    Where does the time go?

Seems like only yesterday you were paying €80 on a taxi to meet me.
    Thank you for getting in that taxi.
    And thank you for loving me.

Love you always xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I just woke up in your arms this morning on my birthday. That is quite simply the best present ever.

However we both know how this is going to end. We spoke about it last night. Neither of us want to walk away. I think we are both leaving it until we are forced to do so.

Which could be another 8 or 10 years so lets just ride out the storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Thank you for listening to me & understanding the things in me that I keep hidden from everyone. You still know me better than anyone & even after all this time, you're still the one I want to turn to. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

For the love of God cop on. He never gave you any reason not to like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Family:
    For the love of god please just start being open with each other... I am not psychic and I think it's unfair that you all sweep things under the carpet and pretend everything is cool.. you may all be men but I am the one that carries the burden alone. Being the only girl isnt a walk in the park! More communication, take a bit more responsibility for our Mother who's health is failing slowly - I cant deal with it on my own. Dad has too much on his plate so COP ON and be MEN.... dont rely on your baby sister to pick up the pieces forever...
    Friends:
    Why the pettyness?? WHY??? It is so childish and I swear, even the thoughts of going out with you all fills me with dread these days. Arguing and bitchy comments - it's pathetic.. For once I would like to go out drinking early and not 12.30 at night... and taking 4 hours to get ready is a f*ckin JOKE. I'm a woman and I dont take 4 HOURS to get ready jeez!!! At this stage I would call you all "associates" and not friends :( That's no way to be...
    Ex's:
    Haha - tough sh*t :) bet you're kicking yourself now ;)
    Boyfriend:
    I love you more than I can put into words, even though I literally want to punch you when you p*ss me off on practically a daily basis by just being a man haha :) You're always late.. I cannot stand it and you know that! I can be a pain, I know that :) thanks for being my best friend since N died :( You've been the closest person to me since she died that night. I cant actually thank you enough for it.
    I just hope that we can be strong enough to last forever, and we BOTH have to work at it. We've come through a lot in the last 2 years so let's keep it up ;)
    My Boss:
    In the words of my hero Damien Dempsey "You're just mad, because your life is sad. You've done nothing worthwhile. Twist the knife, because you hate your life. My life you want to spoil". You are a total bully and you have been a tyrant in my life for 3 years now. Little do you know, I p*ss myself laughing at you in my head when you're off on one of your rants at me for NOTHING. You can bully me all you like, just cos you f*cked up your life - dont think you can blame it on me. I have my whole life ahead of me and I will NEVER make the same mistakes you did. Guess that's probably why you dislike me so much. Oh and the smart comments about my weight?? Why dont you try LOSE SOME and maybe you wont have a problem with me being a size 8. Put the cakes down woman! Simples :D

Have to say that felt GREAT :):) now if I could just tell all these people what I've written I would be a happy bunny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Family:
    For the love of god please just start being open with each other... I am not psychic and I think it's unfair that you all sweep things under the carpet and pretend everything is cool.. you may all be men but I am the one that carries the burden alone. Being the only girl isnt a walk in the park! More communication, take a bit more responsibility for our Mother who's health is failing slowly - I cant deal with it on my own. Dad has too much on his plate so COP ON and be MEN.... dont rely on your baby sister to pick up the pieces forever...
    Friends:
    Why the pettyness?? WHY??? It is so childish and I swear, even the thoughts of going out with you all fills me with dread these days. Arguing and bitchy comments - it's pathetic.. For once I would like to go out drinking early and not 12.30 at night... and taking 4 hours to get ready is a f*ckin JOKE. I'm a woman and I dont take 4 HOURS to get ready jeez!!! At this stage I would call you all "associates" and not friends :( That's no way to be...
    Ex's:
    Haha - tough sh*t :) bet you're kicking yourself now ;)
    Boyfriend:
    I love you more than I can put into words, even though I literally want to punch you when you p*ss me off on practically a daily basis by just being a man haha :) You're always late.. I cannot stand it and you know that! I can be a pain, I know that :) thanks for being my best friend since N died :( You've been the closest person to me since she died that night. I cant actually thank you enough for it.
    I just hope that we can be strong enough to last forever, and we BOTH have to work at it. We've come through a lot in the last 2 years so let's keep it up ;)
    My Boss:
    In the words of my hero Damien Dempsey "You're just mad, because your life is sad. You've done nothing worthwhile. Twist the knife, because you hate your life. My life you want to spoil". You are a total bully and you have been a tyrant in my life for 3 years now. Little do you know, I p*ss myself laughing at you in my head when you're off on one of your rants at me for NOTHING. You can bully me all you like, just cos you f*cked up your life - dont think you can blame it on me. I have my whole life ahead of me and I will NEVER make the same mistakes you did. Guess that's probably why you dislike me so much. Oh and the smart comments about my weight?? Why dont you try LOSE SOME and maybe you wont have a problem with me being a size 8. Put the cakes down woman! Simples :D

Have to say that felt GREAT :):) now if I could just tell all these people what I've written I would be a happy bunny :D

Dear S,
    Every time I see you it feels like my heart breaks a little bit more. I’m sorry for making issues out of things that now seem so inconsequential and don’t matter a damn. I don’t know why I sabotaged us because you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I think you’re amazing. I wish you still believed in us.

Dear Me,
    When you love someone tell them every single day, support them and accept them for who they are. Before it’s too late.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Still think about you every. Single. Day.

Thanks for being awesome, I'll never stop wishing I'd had more time with you while cherishing the time I did have.

Rest well.

Please text me today! Would love to hear from you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

The words you are looking for are 'Thank you'. That's just common courtesy. :mad:

Advertisement