Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

J,

Please don't hate me. I couldn't bear it if you hated me.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LollieB

Dear Me,

It really is time to stop giving yourself a hard time over everything. If it's one gift you can give yourself this Christmas, please make it self-compassion. You've done some great things this year, it's been hard work but you've done it and you did most of it on your own. You focus on your mistakes and weaknesses as if they are all of you, but they're not. You show a lot of courage and strength in your vulnerability, and a lot of people recognise this. They tell you this- so bloody well believe them!!

Just because there are a few things not the way you want them to be, doesn't mean it'll be like that forever.
    Just because *he* doesn't want a relationship, doesn't mean he thinks you're fat, ugly, pathetic, stupid, inferior etc.

That's what YOU think- it doesn't make it true. You give others a chance, time and time again, yet you sell yourself short time and time again. It's time to put yourself first, and I really mean it this time.

You are a good person, just as good as anyone else.
    You are enough, just as you are.
    You are beautiful inside and out, I know you find that the hardest to believe.

I know you don't believe these three things, but all I ask is that you try. And try again, and keep trying and trying, until you believe every last word.

Don't give up. Get some fire in your belly, bring out that stubborn streak and keep your head up and your heart open. Don't let those dark thoughts take over and don't let that inner bitch of a self critic bully you.

Love (and I really mean that),
    Me.

**Wishing all boardsies a Happy & healthy Christmas and New Years**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

R, I've liked you for ages. We've only spoken a few times. You were in the canteen the other day looking at some books and I didn't have the bottle to say hi. Such a simple word "Hi". I think you like me too!!!!! I think you deliberately stayed hoping we'd speak. Just give me the courage to talk to you!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

To the person who sent me the really nice message on Ask.fm

Thank you so much. You have no idea how nice it was to read such nice things about me, I really appreciate the message. I am, however, very curious about who you are. I really hope you have a lovely Christmas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Ireland,

I think I've been away too long to relate to you and it makes me sad. I really wish I could but it's been almost 9 years since I moved away. I'm not the person I was and you're not the country you were. Meh! Such is life.

Eve

P.S: In fairness though, I'm also drunk so I'm probably talking through me arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Only 50 minutes in and im already disliking christmas!! .. I really wish we hadnt broke up right now but its for the best. We both know it cx

Two entities I will address with this one;

Despite all the practise, I'm always loneliest on Christmas day without someone to spoil so maybe what all I want to say is, wherever you are, why can't I find you?

Be well, Boardsies. You're all I got and I thank you for your company and your chat keeps me going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Tell me whats wrong!!

Guys. Seriously. We're travelling especially to see you both for the first time in months. I need to know the day, please sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I generally think I'm falling for you, despite telling myself not to. You're my best friend and we do have a special something between us. But do I want the commitment, the pressures? Do I want to be someone's girlfriend again? I just don't know. I kept saying that I didn't want tot hurt you but I think I'm going to be the one who will be.

• Advertisement

Ok. You're kinda taking the p*ss now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

If you're still out there, please get in touch with someone, if you're not, I hope you're found soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SwanSky

Dear ex boyfriend,

You are a fcuking prick and you always were.

The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

What were you thinking? What were you doing? Why can you still not answer any questions? This has been the weirdest, saddest Christmas ever. To say goodbye to someone my own age. For such a lovely family to say goodbye to another son, it just wasn't right.

But, the big question, where were YOU? What were YOU doing? What happened?? There are still so many unanswered questions.

I have been drinking since 4 o'clock and I feel as sober as I was in the bike procession this morning. I just can't get these questions out of my head. Why did you leave him? Did you leave him?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Dear You,

We're both angry, you more so than me..I don't know why, but it's been six months. I thought "Fcuk it, I've gone six months, I'm over you and this stupid row".

But it's Christmas...And I miss you, and my eyes still well up when I have to drive past your house, and I still worry about you and if you're doing ok. I don't know what I did, therefore I can't apologize for it, but at this stage I'll say a million sorry's if that's what you want. Nothing hurts like no you.

X

So here I am in limbo, and all because my timing in reaching out to you was so messed up. What the hell was I thinking? These days not a single logical thought goes through my head where you're concerned. I need you to anchor me. I'm making some stupid decisions but I'm trusting my instincts, like you always told me to. I can only hope it pays off in the end.

I'm not postponing this another six months, or another year, or more. I'm not letting another golden moment pass me by so that I live in regret and think about what I should have said, what I should have done. With a bit of luck, the consequences won't be more than I can handle. It's just a waiting and hoping game for the moment though, and I have all the time in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ScriptedAlibi

Your arms wrapped around me like a blanket in the night

shielding me from the darkness inside and outside of my mind.

Your hand rested upon mine like a feather, providing just enough warmth

to combat the numbness I felt in that moment.

Your eyes, so genuine, gazed into mine as if they believed in me – in all of me;

as if they knew who I was and loved who I was, despite it all.

And I believed you, I believed you just for a second and it was the death of me

because then, you were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

Dear Life

Well...This christmas wasnt any different. Why does my family continuosly have to be soo messed up. I guess we know nothing different. There always has to be drama and pain somwhere.

Mam!!! Cop on and start standing up for yourself. Dad is tired of sticking up for you - you'll have no one when push comes to shove. Your nearly 60 for gods sake.

Dad!!! Im your daughter not your 24 hour counsellor. Im only 21. Please give me a break. Try stop seeing the negative side to everything! And stop expecting me to be the happy and positive person i am ALL THE TIME. Bare in mind i do have to listen to your problems and criticism every chance you get when im on my own.

2013 - please please let things be different. All im asking for is a little bit of happiness. A bit of love and a job would be nice. Thats all. And if this is too much -please please try have my family being less messed up. For the very least let me see why my mam and dad got married in the first place.

Quickly diminishing commitment to you,
    C.x

WinterSong wrote: »
    So here I am in limbo, and all because my timing in reaching out to you was so messed up. What the hell was I thinking? These days not a single logical thought goes through my head where you're concerned. I need you to anchor me. I'm making some stupid decisions but I'm trusting my instincts, like you always told me to. I can only hope it pays off in the end.

I'm not postponing this another six months, or another year, or more. I'm not letting another golden moment pass me by so that I live in regret and think about what I should have said, what I should have done. With a bit of luck, the consequences won't be more than I can handle. It's just a waiting and hoping game for the moment though, and I have all the time in the world.

You always come through for me, in a way that nobody else ever has or will. Thank you so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Boyfriend,

Edit: All better, love you :)

• Advertisement

I lost you because you didn't get to see the real me. I made a mess of it and i'll never get that chance again. I'll never stop loving you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thepeachyone28

Seeing you tonight set me back. I know I pulled the plug, and it's been almost a year. But I never stopped caring. Seeing you tonight, brief as it was, made me wonder if I'll ever stop caring. Can I ever care for someone else as long as I care this much for you? If only you'd treated me differently. If only you'd even appeared to care more, how different it could have been. Tonight you looked awkward. Awkward yet oddly loving. Maybe I just want you to look that way. If you do care, you didn't let on. Wouldn't blame you, the way I left you. I love you still, but it could never work. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Dear life,

Why can I get everything right except men?

Am I choosing the wrong ones or are they choosing me? Am I the wrong person, not the person I need to be?

Please show me what I'm doing wrong.

I sort of want someone to fall asleep with.

C

You're not funny. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 koxy

Darling,
    2012 has been one of the best years of my life and its mostly thanks to you. You're my rock on good days and bad, my best friend, my lover and now I can say husband. I love you more and more each day. I cannot wait to see what 2013 has in store for us.

All my love

Koxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

My dearest,

I want to say thank you. It has been such a hard road, all these years, and I have been such a difficult customer, haven't I? I fought you so much, I spent days and nights and years and decades fighting you, so pointedly, so pointlessly, so uselessly. But finally, finally I know: you've won.

'Gutted'. I get it, I get it, I get it. 'Gutted' is feeling like my insides have been scooped out with a spoon, and tossed away. The English language is no slouch at being descriptive. I must tell you though, dear, that I don't want to feel like this any more. Please, no, never again, you and I both know this can't go on.

I now understand everything, dear, I surrender everything. I now need you to finish what you have started all those years ago. Let the new year be the one in which you do it. My dearest, I am on my knees, I am utterly prostrate, I am begging you. PLEASE.

Dearest Universe, be merciful to me. Just this one thing I'm asking for. Touch me, take me, love me, break me. I want to feel your powerful embrace all around me and I want to slow-dance with with you until night, until dawn, until oblivion is all.

Here's to 2013.

Wednesday. Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday :) The second day of the new year, the first time I'll have seen you in 217 days. Oh, Wednesday, you're going to be a beauty. :)

I'm sick listening to the whole lot of ye. I know I'm fat but there's no f**king need to tell me to stop eating. You ate 4 eggs and 5 slices of bread for your tea 2 hours after you're dinner and you're 16 stone, you have no right to comment on my weight. I felt like a fat heifer for the entire day and you've made me feel disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

Ma,

Why do you not like me ? Ive tried and tried to get some kind of praise from you for the life I have created for myself and all I get is digs and sly comments.

I got out of an abusive marraige and reared 3 children on my own, I now have grand-children and still nothing from you.

My granddaughter asked me yesterday where I was going, and I said "to be insulted by my Ma" Imagine that.

Well enough, im done. I will leave you alone now and you can focus on your alcoholic w@"&er son and phsycho daughter.

You know where I am if you need me !

• Advertisement

Please don't fight. I already cried myself to sleep last night, I don't want to ring in 2013 doing the same thing.

Advertisement