Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When all is said and done, there is you, and there is me, and there was never any doubt.

Next year will be our year.

xxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's NYE, can you stop being ignorant for one bloody night? Like, do you hate me or something? :mad:

I'm just going to stop giving a toss soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

You're supposed to be one of my best friends. You're one of the only people I really trusted, and you went and did that. I actually don't understand how you did. I don't think I've ever felt so betrayed, and I'm not even mad or sad, I just feel confused and empty. There's probably an explanation and I know you probably didn't mean to do it or didn't know what you were doing, and I really hope that's the case. For now though, it's just like...oh I don't even know. Doubt I'll be sleeping much tonight anyway.

I hate the fact that you say this year is your year - not ours - still don't feel like I'm in a relationship - still no sex for the last 5 months. When we talk about it you put it back onto me - it always seems to be my fault but you're still in your own world and seem quite content to stay there. We have 2 months left - I hope things change for the better - so over all the anxiety now - DO SOMETHING! and I know you say she's a work colleague - but you don't work with her anymore so she's now a friend - a friend you tell a lot more to than me. You know exactly what I'm talking about. I was never good at coasting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Well that was interesting. I don't see you for nearly 4 months and then you appear stay the night then vanish again. In a weird way it's a good ending, I chased and chased you since I broke up with you (my mistake).

You have brought me to the point where I have realized that nothing will ever happen and I am chasing a lost cause maybe during that chasing the last few months you might have decided to truly give it another go.

Bye Y , do hope you look after yourself and the next guy looks after you cause your a gem. Unfortunate it couldn't work, take care :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Was not expecting you to say what you did last night and it cut me in 2 - but you're prob right in it being the best thing to do.

I just hope you can be happy again after everything ive put you through.

take care x

Sitting in silence is so much fun. Not. Cop on. I know you're sick but it's like this all the time. Seriously, I feel more at home in his house and that's sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Saying goodbye to you is the hardest thing. I wonder if everything would be better if the timing was different. I'm locked in your gravitational pull and yet we're constantly being pulled away from each other, god I can't wait for the days when we're both in the same country for the same time for longer than a week.

It's hard to believe that you're real sometimes.

I woke up feeling empty and lost. I thought at times that i would want this but whenever i was with you i knew it wasn't and now it has happened it's not what i want. I kept on hurting you and i don't know why, your the one good thing that happened to me. I'm sorry for letting you down yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear A

You can play nasty all you want but really, fcuk with me and you will regret it I can make life so difficult for you, push me closer to the edge and you will see a side to me you never saw before and I don't think you will like it.

Me

Oh and by the way, I never liked new years as it meant another crappy year with you.

Well I had the best new years ever this year, a new year, a new me and no you!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

You are the most horrible people. You haven't even got the decency to remain dignified in silence for the sake of the memory of B. You have taken over a year of J's life and made it absolutely nightmarish for him. First the will, now all these lies. You got half a million! Half a million!! Most people can't even spend half a million in a lifetime, nevermind half a million squandered in a few years. You spent your inheritance, you threw it away, that was your choice. Why do you think it's okay to punish your brother for the decisions made by your parents? If your father saw fit to will certain things to J then doesn't that reflect more on you than anything else? It was all his choice. You need to get over it.

I hope you realise there's no going back after this. After the things your stupid, pig ignorant wife has said. How dare she! That's you and your brother done. Your only real family left in the world and you want to throw that away for the lies of your wife and her friends and family.

I suppose if I'm honest, realistically we're probably better off without you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Please don't suck

Kind regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Dear 2013

Brace Yourself!

;)

Re-reading those texts you sent made me sob my heart out. I know things are a lot better now but reading those words again brought me right back to the moment I read them for the first time. I still feel so guilty even though I had no idea I was hurting you. I shouldn't dwell on it because I know things are a lot better. Deleting those texts would be a good idea but something is telling me to keep them.

I'm hoping and praying that 2013 is a really amazing year for us. Apart from a few bumps along the road, 2012 was good. But I want this year to be so much better. We've been through a hell of a lot together in two years babe, haven't we? I love you so much and I know you love me too. You say it a lot but your actions tell me it's true and I can see it every time I look into your eyes.

Here's to 2013.

Love you with all my heart baby. xxxx

Dear you,

So Tuesday is the day it begins. Don't give up after 2 weeks this time. Stick with it. You need to do this. Not just for your health but for your confidence. You feel ugly right now and that needs to change because nobody deserves to feel this way. Think about it, once you start doing things differently and you see your body changing you'll be so much more confident. He loves your body as it is but he'll support the changes you need to make. "Do what you gotta do for you," he said. He wants you to love your body the way he does. So stick with it. Do this one thing for yourself and don't give up.

Me x

PS - Try to calm down a bit! Don't let other peoples words and actions get to you so much. Let things go and be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

To my beautiful pet dog,
    I love you so much and I can't say that often enough. I know you love food and wish I could show you how much I love you by making you frys with sausages, rashers, pudding, eggs and buying you other yummy foods like packets of ham. But I can't because you are on a diet because you are overweight and you need to lose weight so that you can live longer. But I'll make it up to you in other ways. I promise. I love cuddling up with you and I love it when you come into my bed. I love sleeping with you. You are so warm and I love using you as a pillow. You've helped me through so much. Many times you've licked the tears from my face after asshole pr1cks fcuked me about. I wish men were like you. I love your licks so much. I had so much fun taking it in turns licking my dinnerplate with you this evening. What goes through your mind at all? Anyways I just wanted to say I love you very much. Loads of loving head rubs and belly rubs, hugs and cuddles, from me xxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

Dear Brain,

Please stop letting all these negative thoughts creep in and control you.
    I cannot continue to live so consumed by doubt and fear.
    Let it go and learn to trust more.

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Dear T,

I have long suspected that you loved the cat more than me. It's not exactly the most affirming feeling in the world to see it having its every need met while I wait for some affirmation.

I feel bad being so jealous of a cat but it was killing me when you started calling him sweet cheeks which was my nickname.

Sometimes I feel that you should just sleep with him and get it over with.

That's why I have to confess that he didn't 'go missing' last month and instead I secretly gave him to the cat rescue which I now regret and it's eating me up inside.

Yours,

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Dear Anncoates, you need to go to that rescue and try at least to see if you can get that pet back. If not for their relief, but for your own. good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Quirky-K

We have been together 11 months today. I still don't know if I love you. I know I am very fond of you, but you keep saying things, that you probably don't realise, that push me back just as soon as I think I'm getting closer.

I keep thinking about my life, with you and without you. But I like what we have got going on, and I don't want to ruin a good thing, but then I don't want to waste my time waiting to see if I really love you. Then again, it could be me, I think I still have my guard up and I may not be letting you in.

I don't know if you love me either, to be honest, I don't think you do....

Will it take time? Does it take time? Will I ever find out....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I had it in my hands, and I let it slip away....... 2013 . Be good to me!

• Advertisement

Going back was the first step, now don't give up. Don't fall off the wagon again. You can reach your 5% goal easily in 4 weeks. This is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I'm so sorry. I scared myself.

Girl A,
    I broke up with you a year and a half ago and yet, from time to time, I know you still look me up. Why is that? You’re onto your second relationship since our break up. There are things about you that I miss and for a long time I would never even consider driving through your home place because of the memories I knew doing so would bring back. But a few weeks ago when I was up the country I did precisely that. I drove down that road, and you know what I felt? I’m not sure, but it wasn’t the fear or pain that I thought I would feel. We were great together but the important word in that sentence is “were.” Part of me still loves you though; always will.

Girl B,
    We texted constantly for two weeks before we finally met and it was possibly one of the most awkward dates I’ve ever been on. I’ve since discovered why that was and even though you wanted nothing romantic I agreed to stay friends. But I’m letting that slide because it’s just too hard. I have this unbearable crush on you and I don’t have the time to have crushes and to be thinking of what might be right now so it’s better this way. I do miss our chats though. Leave yourself open to possibilities – you can’t live your life the way you are doing so right now.

Girl C,
    You are a cliché. A head wrecker. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt but you just love to play games, don’t you? Well you’re not playing any more games with me.

Girl D,
    We haven’t met yet and we likely don’t even know that the other exists but I hope we meet soon. Doesn’t have to be tomorrow or anything; just soon. And I want us to have this great love affair – passion, obsession., all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

To my beautiful dog,

There I was earlier telling you that men are pr1cks. Selfish, selfish pr1cks. Then you came over and smothered my face in licks.

I love you.

Here we are cuddled up on the couch together and you're using my bum as a pillow and you're keeping me warm. Keep me safe and mind me please. I love you so much.

He's right, you need to stand up for yourself. I know it's hard but the confidence from starting to change your body will be a massive help. You are worth standing up for.

Micky,

"There is a lie in between a promise and many excuses".
    Toba Beta

I gave you the benefit of the doubt at the very start. You appeared so charming and kind with that but in time it was all false from you. I still held out something like a little hope. I held a door open with a little maybe on my mind and in time that dwindled. You allowed the mess to continue and linger with your excuses. You weren't even man enough to tell me the truth. You smacked the trust that I gave you back in my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

M,

Seriously, you're disgusting to me. How dare you do that, then make it out like it was my fault?! All I did was take your apology at face value, and let my defences down again. I thought you were so genuine. And talking about your deceased mother and how she would have loved me... You're a disgusting human being. I honestly have never held such ill-will against anyone. I hope you never find love again. The way you treated me, you don't deserve it. I hope those little boys don't inherit any of your traits.

A, A, B and M,

Ye are seriously four of the greatest women in the world, I am so happy to be able to call ye my best friends. Three of ye live far, far away, but it seems to make no difference to the solidity of our friendships. I'm emotional even thinking about how amazing our friendships are. I know there is *nothing* I can't get through with yer love and support. Here's to many, many more years of the same. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

I had totally given up on you.

It was timing really, we both sort of got lost in our own little misinformed worlds of what was going on between us. I thought you just weren't that into me; you thought I needed space. You gave me space; I felt hurt and backed away.

Then it's the New Year, and you pop up on my facebook again and all of a sudden we're sitting across from one another at that sushi place, not really knowing what to think of one another. We're talking about anything and everything, but keeping a cautious distance, and I'm curious about you, but guarded. Scared to hope again.

And then we're at the subway station and I'm looking up at you and you kiss me and you're not pulling away and suddenly I'm hoping again. Please don't let me down this time.

C

Attention apartment people with people living under you, your WII playing is very f$&king annoying. Along with vacuuming at ridicoulously early hours of the morning, please think!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

Beautiful girl -
    you have helped me to develop an inner strength
    you have enabled me to see that change is not something to fear but embrace
    you have given me the opportunity to place my trust in some one else and my self
    you have allowed me to love you with no conditions no rules no boundaries no limits
    you will be my anam chara always - live in the moment, believe in yourself & trust in the love you can give and equally recieve
    for all we have learned
    thank you
    o

Advertisement