Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Pixie,

Be proud of what you have accomplished so far. Be brave, be bold, be happy. Be yourself :) **** what people think. Be you!

Remember you are not in his debt, and the other two will sort themselves out.

Pixie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear A,

It could have been amazing, it already was.

I wish I had been enough for you, because you were more than enough for me.

I really cared. I really did.

I miss you today, I'll miss you tomorrow and I've a feeling that even when I stop missing you I'll always wonder of what might have been.

I wish it hadn't ended before it had even begun.

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I always disliked you, lots. Not having you in my life anymore is very pleasant. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

B,

I am ALWAYS here for you. Always. No matter what.

They're not just words, there are feelings and meanings and depth behind them. There is genuine love and respect and affection underpinning them. So don't be afraid to invoke them if you ever need to. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Boy,

I can't get you off my brain. It's like some kind of illness.

Every time we meet I keep thinking it will be the last time. Why is it so impossible to say these things, to express my worries & insecurities & confusion when it's still 'early days' and I'm scared of pushing you away. Scared of you seeing something you don't like.

God I want you. For no particular reason at all. I'm wildly, hopelessly attracted to you and wish we could just sit on that futon watching crap Wild West movies and making out forever.

But I don't trust you. Maybe that's my fault, but I think it's more yours. You could call more. Or text me. Not to meet up, just for the hell of it. Just because you like me. Do you like me? Do you want me?

I'm not the hard ass I pretend to be. Im not as 'together' as I look. Truth is, I don't know what I'm doing at least half of the time. And I'm deathly afraid of getting hurt again.

Please make this easier for me.

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭WanabeOlympian

Dear American Girl,
    It's not all right to expect a guy to buy all your drinks and pay for all your meals. This is Ireland, women are independent here and share their way. If a guy buys you a drink, return the favour and stop living in the 1950s.
    :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

Dear Boss,

How am I supposed to hit a target you never told me about??????????

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just text me back already.

I feel like I'm broken and I'll never be fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I hate to be a whiny muppet, but *why won't you talk to meee anymore*?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

C,

I make you my priority, but you make me your option.. how un-f*cking-fair is that?

There's only so many chances you will get, so my advice: Grow a pair of big boy balls and MAN UP

I wont put up with this forever, especially when there's many out there who will treat me better.

R

I haven't thought of doing this in a very long while and I'm scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

You are so high maintenance. Your anger is such a huge weight sometimes. I really wish you'd go back to counselling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

B

The worst part in all of this is that you don't even realize how much you're hurting me.

I hate myself for letting you in a second time, for giving you a second chance. I liked you because you were one of the "nice" ones but in reality you're just a weak, indecisive, passive man and you've hurt me more than all the "assholes" combined.

Wake up and cop yourself on. You're 30 years old. Some day you'll realize how much you ****ed it up. And some day soon I'll realize how much time I wasted on someone who never deserved a second chance.

I'm done

TT

Please let me feel better when I wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

One year on and it's still the same. Still I let you come back. Not this time. I'm over your excuses sob stories and bull **** reasons

Go sort your life out grow up you've children who have more cop on than you don't always blame everyone else for your mistakes

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

You're young. Please stop being so negative constantly. You have a good life. Enjoy it, cherish it! Just stop the moaning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

C,
    You didnt win. Not one bit. Hes amazing, more than you ever were.

L.

D,
    I love you. For loving me because of and in spite of the crazy. For not wanting to run.

Xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

MOTD I love you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Dear S,

Why did you even bother?

me

Dear me,

Cop the feck on.

me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear work colleagues,
    no, I don't care. I really don't. The problems will get solved in plenty of time. No-one will die if things don't happen, no-one will collapse in the street, the world will keep turning-our work is not *that* important. Stop trying to force your stress and panic onto me.

Dear Counselor.
    You're awesome. I've only met you once, and pretty much spilled my guts out, telling you everything I've never been able to tell anyone. It was such a relief. I'm so *so* tired of being strong, of being the one people go to with their problems, of people telling me I'm so good at dealing with everything. As the silly nu-metal folk said, "even the people who never frown eventually break down...."
    I don't know how I'll deal with things as they emerge, I've already had some horrible dreams and horrible memories come back. But I guess that's how you work through things, let them appear and deal with them as they come instead of forcing them back inside.

I'm proud of where I've got to on my own, I've calmed my drinking down to maybe one or two quiet nights out a month, I don't keep drink in the house, I don't smoke anymore, I don't self-harm, I try and eat somewhat healthily....it's like my early self-destruct desires have left, and I'm on the right track. Counseling was the next logical step....here's hoping I keep taking those small baby steps to the right route. Thank you. x

To my family and my friends,
    you're all as awesome as the counselor. You've been doing that (unintentionally!) for me for years for free. Thanks for getting me to here. I love you all so much.X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Beks,

Enough.
    Give it a rest now.
    This one isn't worth the time & the tears.

Beks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear you, How did we get to here? from praying you didn't want anything serious to not being able to sleep without you next to me... Crazy.

All of my love,

L xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

T,
    I can't sleep because I can't get you out of my head. You were always so strong, through absolutely everything that I can remember. You haven't changed in my whole life, and it frightened me to see how old and weak and sad you looked tonight. We all know its not going to be much longer, and I am dreading the day already. I can't imagine not having you to visit when nobody else can cheer me up. I'm sorry I didn't visit you a lot more, and I'm sorry if you were lonely and I never stayed when you asked me to, but I was stupid and I never gave thought to now, to not having the opportunity to ever do it again. Cancer is such a horrible nasty disease but I am glad that you haven't been sick for very long and in one way I'm glad knowing you won't suffer for much longer because it's heartbreaking seeing you so frail trying to hang on.
    You don't seem to be frightened, and I'm glad. I remember you always telling me "something has to get you, otherwise you'd live forever" but I just wish it wasn't cancer that got you. I've been so stressed out the past few months, this has been the final straw, I don't know how much more stress I can deal with before it sends me completely off the handle. I really feel like my heart is broken. I will see you on Thursday and will say goodbye to you, I don't want to watch you dying. I love you so much.

M x

I can't believe we're over. :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Dear "wags" of the toddler group....
    Your no better than me and you've got no reason to speak down to me. It's ridiculous that at a group for kids to enjoy themselves you lot sit in your little clique and be downright rude to other parents!! I'm not a fool so don't treat me like one and then TRY get smart when I stand up for myself!! As much as you all make me not want to go at times I'm not going to let you lot win, my little fella enjoys it too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Dear...

I know I hurt you. Trust me, I see it in your eyes every time I see you

Not a day goes by that I don't think you and how i hurt you. 18 months on, and still, not a single day goes by

We had so much together, and I threw away my life and the person that I loved.

But You will move on. You will be strong. And you will smile again.

Me? Yea, I'll be fine(ish)

I love you...I wish you the best....Nothing but the best for my sweet sweet

Friends and family,

You have been absolutely wonderful since yesterday. I'm really hurting right now but you're really really helping by just being there and letting me talk when I need it. I won't be okay and I won't be over him for a long time.

Thank you so much. It's really in times like this that you see how much people care for you.

I love you all xxxxx

In time I will write a long letter and leave it here for you or maybe even send you it in real life but for now all I want to say is that I never thought I'd be calling you my ex and it hurts so much I can't breathe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Dear potential employers,

Please give me a chance. I know i'm a few months out of college and so far im being told I dont have enough experience.

Im seriously doubting myself, my confidence and wether I can do the job has gone to fck.

To think that in 3 and a half months time il be a year out of college. I've nothing to get up for in the mornings. Its depressing.

What do other people ask me, will you go travelling?
    Like its that easy to get up and go. I need to save whatever I can from the dole, to cover for flights and visa. Australia seems like the place. Better weather and I have brothers over there. Truth be told, its not what I want. But then I dont want to be left in this country on my own either.

There's always someone with better experience, thats my problem. How am I meant to have experience, if you dont give me any?

Please give me a chance. I know I can do it.

Advertisement